Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your first paragraph is how officials handled a local (to me) firefighter who went missing, Nicole Mittendorf. http://wtop.com/fairfax-county/2016...efighter-nicole-mittendorff-suicide-bullying/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a horribly sad situation.

In Nicole's case were they quietly searching for her then? Did they tell public they were not searching when they were?

I'm confused by Sherri's case. It seems the search was called off quickly, especially for someone who was last seen on foot.

What do you think "Oh how I wish I'd been wearing this today" means?

She was having problems with the method she was using to carry that day? The gun was showing too much? The gun kept slipping down? Or kept moving out of position? CC is harder for women than men. Men can just slip on a gun with an IWB (inside the waistband) holster and wear a large shirt untucked. Or use an ankle holster with a suit.

What a horribly sad situation.

In Nicole's case were they quietly searching for her then? Did they tell public they were not searching when they were?

I'm confused by Sherri's case. It seems the search was called off quickly, especially for someone who was last seen on foot.

I'm sorry—I was responding while distracted. I misspoke. In Nicole's case, officials were sharing images and last locations and photos of her car and search areas, although locals were told they could not help search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent article. Thanks for sharing. Add the pressure on moms to be perfect, devoted, hands-on, etc., and it's no wonder some crack under the pressure.

Remember the Time cover "Are You Mom Enough?" I remember the outrage, self-satisfaction, judgment, and more that followed it. It seems no matter how mothers decide to parent they're judged harshly and put on the defensive.

The numbers for runaway moms might be shocking.
You know, just the fact that Sherri, a SAHM, used daycare might suggest that she had been feeling overwhelmed caring for two small children. So, she found a way to get a "mental health break". Not necessarily unusual. But not all SAHMs would consider daycare. The added expense for a single-income family also makes it a bit unusual.

When did she leave AT&T? IF she recently left, that might explain the daycare. Is she still looking for work or did she decide to stay at home? If she was out of work not by choice, that could lead to depression. Her family and friends paint a picture of a very happy person. If she was out of work, and looking, she is not that happy no matter how often she smiles. I don't know the answer to that of course. She had a nice income from that job. Losing that job, or leaving that job has to put a damper on things.

OK, so I finally found Sherri's Pinterest board and the one board with the guns and concealed carry. I don't find anything of concern there. (But if a lady ever asks me for suggestions on concealed carry, there were a couple of ideas there I did not know about.)

The pin on the bottom right, white shorts, has a comment that says, "Concealed weapon for women! Oh how I wish I'd been wearing this today." It dates 3 years ago.

This has caused some speculation, but I want to know if she actually wrote it. Is there anyone who's a pinterest expert who can shed some light on this?

(Link.)

Great questions. The silence on the details of the daycare morning really get me..

yes, me too.

But then I was thinking today...it may be their normal routine for the husband (Keith) to drop the kids off at daycare the 2 or 3 days a week anyway.

Seeing as the Best Buy is *in town* - where he would have to stop and get the work vehicle, and imagine check in with the store. and the daycare, I am assuming, is located in the town of Redding as well.

Since they live in the outskirts of town (Mountain Gate), it may make more sense for the husband to usually drop off the kids, if she was truly just wanting alone time, when her kids go to daycare...why not save gas?

The pin on the bottom right, white shorts, has a comment that says, "Concealed weapon for women! Oh how I wish I'd been wearing this today." It dates 3 years ago.

This has caused some speculation, but I want to know if she actually wrote it. Is there anyone who's a pinterest expert who can shed some light on this?

(Link.)

Yes, it's her comment on the pin.

(Link.)

It is possible she did NOT write that. When you "repin" something it will repin the comment along with it, unless you change it. I never change mine, so if you were to look at my board it would be quotes I did not make.

yes, me too.

But then I was thinking today...it may be their normal routine for the husband (Keith) to drop the kids off at daycare the 2 or 3 days a week anyway.

Seeing as the Best Buy is *in town* - where he would have to stop and get the work vehicle, and imagine check in with the store. and the daycare, I am assuming, is located in the town of Redding as well.

Since they live in the outskirts of town (Mountain Gate), it may make more sense for the husband to usually drop off the kids, if she was truly just wanting alone time, when her kids go to daycare...why not save gas?

Why was hubby keeping this bubbly gal so isolated?

She didn't waste her time while kids were at daycare she was very productive=not depressed

She wasn't isolated she had freedom without kids all day. Also independent contractors can make decent money- it's not as if he was a cashier or something. They hired PI and took 2 polys

Not sure, but one detail seems to be in error -- the statement that Sherri usually jogged after picking up the children. Her sister-in-law said Sherri usually jogs in the afternoon. She also said Sherri usually picks up the children from daycare. The article sort of gives the impression that getting the children precedes jogging. My guess is that's a mistake. It makes more sense that she uses the opportunity to jog while the children are in daycare.

I don't know if it's an error or if there's a lot of confusion where LE themselves can't get a straight answer as to what the routine was. Cosmo for instance reports that her usual jogging time was in the afternoon but she got the kids first:
Sherri Papini, a married mother of two in northern California, went out for her usual afternoon jog around 2 p.m. last Wednesday. The 34-year-old had a routine: She’d run and then pick up her kids from daycare. They would spend the rest of the afternoon gardening or doing other projects. Friends and family call her a "super mom."
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a8254948/sherry-papini-missing/
Things seem to be all over the place on the timing, but I think regardless of the timing her routine wasn't to be out running for 3 hours.

Not sure, but one detail seems to be in error -- the statement that Sherri usually jogged after picking up the children. Her sister-in-law said Sherri usually jogs in the afternoon. She also said Sherri usually picks up the children from daycare. The article sort of gives the impression that getting the children precedes jogging. My guess is that's a mistake. It makes more sense that she uses the opportunity to jog while the children are in daycare.

Thanks, re-reading I can see how the sister's "quote" could be misjudged for sure. But the article pretty clearly states that the "husband said she usually goes for a jog after picking up their two children." To be that shotty in reporting is frightening, but I don't doubt it could be wrong.

She wasn't isolated she had freedom without kids all day. Also independent contractors can make decent money- it's not as if he was a cashier or something. They hired PI and took 2 polys

Thanks for the clarification. It sounds like you know some things about the dynamics. So I take it that you are in the know. So thanks.

Why was hubby keeping this bubbly gal so isolated?

Not sure I'd call her home "isolated". Judging from her pictures, she seemed to be happy where she was living. She also had her own vehicle.

Lol. There are still plenty of kid related things that need to be done even while your 2 babies are at daycare. Cooking, cleaning, organizing and what ever else. So I'm sure she still had busy days. Jmo

i

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a8254948/sherry-papini-missing/
Things seem to be all over the place on the timing, but I think regardless of the timing her routine wasn't to be out running for 3 hours.
I'm new and I never comment before reading the whole thread. I used to just scream to myself at the misunderstandings, but now I see how hard it is to just try to keep things straight as you go. This is hard. Good Job websleuths. We're going to get there.

It is possible she did NOT write that. When you "repin" something it will repin the comment along with it, unless you change it. I never change mine, so if you were to look at my board it would be quotes I did not make.

If you look at the pin you can see the comment from her is separate, and if you click the pin it goes directly to the site where you can buy them and not to another pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member