Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't Ca have free daycare for parents that don't make much. Or is that kindergarten kids?

California does have free and low cost programs. And I don't know about Redding, but in my area there are parents coop programs where the fees are typically less than traditional preschools and in exchange a parent volunteers at the school a few hours a month.

I personally don't believe the daycare/preschool has anything to do with anything.

One thing that crossed my mind that I dont believe ive seen posted, whatabout if she went for her run, had earbuds in but decided to not wear them and put them wherever.. Got home started wrapping gift.. Realized shed lost her phone and hopped up to go look for it. Thats about my best reasoning for partially wrapped gift. Unless someone showed up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

She would have noticed her phone missing way before wrapping the gift. Jmo.

Well,I talked to my sister, she has two kids *about* the same age...she agreed with me that it was highly unusual to put them in all day "daycare" esp if your husband is not a doctor or lawyer or something...Let's not forget, her husband worked a rather menial job in an area where there's very high unemployment (jobs don't pay a lot --supply & demand) They have two cars, which can be expensive, and they don't even own a home.

My sister's kids are about the same age, 2 and 5.

She also used to work for AT&T, which it's not clear how long it was and if she jumped or was pushed. It may not have been her voluntary decision to be a SAHM, but instead something driven by AT&T downsizing her. Her job at AT&T may have made her the primary breadwinner based on the reported salaries for it, so she could have suffered a huge dislocation if she involuntarily lost her job:
https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/AT-and-T-National-Account-Executive-Salaries-E613_D_KO9,35.htm

She would have noticed her phone missing way before wrapping the gift. Jmo.
Depends I guess where her mind was.. Most of the time id notice quickly, but theres somtimes it takes me a bit.

The only question about daycare that I personally feel is relevant here is why didn't they call someone when SP didn't show up to pick up the kids. Did they?

Depends I guess where her mind was.. Most of the time id notice quickly, but theres somtimes it takes me a bit.

Lol. Ross Harris syndrome maybe?

Lol. Just joking.

She also used to work for AT&T, which it's not clear how long it was and if she jumped or was pushed. It may not have been her voluntary decision to be a SAHM, but instead something driven by AT&T downsizing her. Her job at AT&T may have made her the primary breadwinner based on the reported salaries for it, so she could have suffered a huge dislocation if she involuntarily lost her job:
https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/AT-and-T-National-Account-Executive-Salaries-E613_D_KO9,35.htm

Excellent point. This could go in several directions. We have no evidence, but could she be looking at other jobs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are 116 RSO's living within the same zip code as the Panini's....

The only question about daycare that I personally feel is relevant here is why didn't they call someone when SP didn't show up to pick up the kids. Did they?

Some programs are not set hours. They run from, say 7am - 6pm and you can drop off/pick up anytime within those hours. Although if she was as consistent as a news article stated (her day planned down to the minutes the kid went to bed) you'd think they might be concerned when she didn't show at the regular time...

Maybe daycare is relevant if abduction was not one of opportunity, but someone that knew her kids would be in school. And maybe they also knew her husband worked irregular hours and used her phone to text about lunch?

The checkbook has never been confirmed as hers as far as I know

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who finds it strange that we have not heard a word from Sherri's family (other than her sister) nor a word from her close friends. Where are her parents? Friends? Siblings? Even the reward is coming from her husband's family. The Find Sherri Facebook and search efforts are also being driven by her husband's family. Where is hers?

Husbands statements really bug me:
“If she is listening I want to say, ‘We are trying, we are trying the best we can and I am sorry I’m not there,’” Keith Papini told KRCR-TV. “I’m coming honey. I am trying, I’m doing everything I can and I love you.”

Case Map https://drive.google.com/open?id=15tisDgqd90qvDJhrK62Q4K3RM0Q&usp=sharing

It would be really great to have info on areas that have been searched, apart from the area around where the phone was found, which is all I've seen. I may have missed things but do we have any official word on if Sherris home has been searched? TIA

I didn't know how to bring a post over from Thread #2. The below was posted by
CharlestonGal. It would be interesting to see where the location of this item lands on your map.

"Page 24 of Sheriff's Dily log: "STATES PINK JKT ON SIDE OF FREEWAY, BELIEVES RELATED TO MP CASE. REQ INFO ON FILE ONLY"

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-11-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Am I the only one who finds it strange that we have not heard a word from Sherri's family (other than her sister) nor a word from her close friends. Where are her parents? Friends? Siblings? Even the reward is coming from her husband's family. The Find Sherri Facebook and search efforts are also being driven by her husband's family. Where is hers?

YES! YES! YES! I noticed that too...

Yes, I've wondered this too. I feel like if it were my daughter I'd be pretty vocal. Maybe LE is advising them not to be for some reason?

I don't know, I think that putting her two kids in daycare (ages 2 and 4) is certainly indicative of a woman who is overwhelmed and depressed...

How could they possibly afford that when her husband worked (essentially) a minimum wage job?

It's not like her husband was a doctor or a dentist and she could afford to have that luxury.

I just find the daycare thing odd..esp with so much family in the area. From what I can determine, she seems quite "isolated" if she felt that she needed to put her two kids in daycare to get a break.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Geek-Squad-Salaries-E307701.htm

But Redding is a very economically depressed area. They aren't hurting for workers. When I lived there, someone told me "Redding has a glut of both skilled and unskilled workers." They don't have to pay people more, since there's tons of unemployed people (supply and demand!)

and on her poshmark ? page (one of her websites she was selling things.) she is selling a MAC shopping bad for $3. Who doesn't just throw that away? I don't think that he (the husband) would even work 40 hrs/week at a job like that...someone else commented that this would be a slow time for a job like that - before Black Friday, and all. I wouldn't underestimate the stress of *not having money*

I agree with a lot of this logic.

I guess it depends on what their normal routine was. Are we talking 9-noon preschool 2-3 times per week? I can see that. But typical daycare 9-5 for that age group? I find that odd for a SAHM several days a week.

I was a SAHM mom, and I did the pre-school thing. Our preschool was through a church, 3 days a week maximum, 9-noon, and you had to be at least 3 years old.

You can get very isolated as a SHM. I was very type A in my younger years, and was very involved in playgroups, mygym, LeLeche league, and Gymboree. To be honest, my first taste of lonlieness was when my kids went off to college. I had long since gone back to work, but it didn't matter lol.

But isolation, that's a different ballgame. To me it means you're in a place where you feel alone. Adults need adults. I wonder what groups she had to keep her company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998