CBS - 48 Hours - Buried Truth episode 12 November 2016 - 9pm central

I also caught the statement about NN. I really felt her arrest was saying more than meets the eye.

The Ponders seem like really good people who survived through a horribly tragedy.

And I also caught they told Melissa he said he shot one in AZ!!

I saw it saw KB is staying with friends. I really wonder why not her mother if they were so close before???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“48 Hours” goes inside the missing persons investigation and the stunning revelations her alleged captor, Todd Kohlhepp, 45, a real estate broker, made to police in “Buried Truth” to be broadcast Saturday, Nov. 12 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.

It’s a story that has made international headlines and continues to unfold as investigators search and find more victims of an alleged serial killer in South Carolina. Correspondents David Begnaud and Peter Van Sant interview investigators, family members, neighbors and friends of the victims. And they talk with experts and others about the mind of a serial killer.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kohlhep...the-twisted-life-of-an-alleged-serial-killer/

Discuss the episode here

(Just saw this thread and tuned in. Thank you.)

I don't know if it's been mentioned...but the cage inside the shipping container. Was it there already? I'm sure we don't know yet, but that would say a lot. I seriously doubt he built it or got it after shooting Charlie. I'm sure Kala was not the only one held there. :/

I don't say this lightly but this feels like and episode of Criminal Minds. Unbelievably twisted and terrifying.

I think you're right - the cage was already in there and she wasn't the first to be put in it.

Ok...I've been trying to give.mom benefit of the doubt, but this woman is delusional!

Per his mother: He made her as comfortable as possible while chained up! He brought her food and water and something to lay on. He didn't want to hurt her but didn't know what to do! :notgood:

I was so excited to watch this special and hoped to post with y'all in here. However, for the first time in 8 years I put myself on a virtual TO because I didn't trust myself to post my thoughts about this woman. My blood was boiling.

There are more. Many more. Every bit of his known tendencies show that he consistently kills multiple people. You don't just stop that. That show really needed to be a 2 hour show. It wasn't long enough. lol. It said more interviews on their website.

Mother added that TK paid his workers really good.............ha! He killed and kidnapped them!
<modsnip>

But he made the ones he kidnapped so comfortable in the cage with the chain around their neck! He brought them food and water and something to sleep on! :scared:
I just can't believe she said that! Like it was all okay that he held her captive because he was a good boy and fed her and he claims (to his mother) he didn't hurt her...

I don't know if it's been mentioned...but the cage inside the shipping container. Was it there already? I'm sure we don't know yet, but that would say a lot. I seriously doubt he built it or got it after shooting Charlie. I'm sure Kala was not the only one held there. :/

I think he had it before also. You don't just go to a local store and pick one up. And it has to be heavy. I know he had farm equipment he could use to move it but I have to think whomever delivered it would help "set it up/place it" too.

Mother added that TK paid his workers really good.............ha! He killed and kidnapped them!
<modsnip>

That was the part of the interview when she almost sounded like she defended TK for killing Charlie. He was a "smart mouth" and TK paid him really well. Just all wrong, lady.

Someone had said they live in Golden Valley, AZ and there was a lot of helicopters, police and digging on a property there...wonder if that is related

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

But he made the ones he kidnapped so comfortable in the cage with the chain around their neck! He brought them food and water and something to sleep on! :scared:
I just can't believe she said that! Like it was all okay that he held her captive because he was a good boy and fed her and he claims (to his mother) he didn't hurt her...

The way she STILL rationalizes and minimizes his actions are unfathomable.

There were signs he was disturbed since he was 15 MONTHS old.

I'm sorry for her grief but, FGS.....just hush already. Hush!

I also caught the statement about NN. I really felt her arrest was saying more than meets the eye.

The Ponders seem like really good people who survived through a horribly tragedy.

And I also caught they told Melissa he said he shot one in AZ!!

I saw it saw KB is staying with friends. I really wonder why not her mother if they were so close before???

Maybe KB doesn't want the press to know where she is staying?

Prediction time!
Before this is all said and done, mom will try to mitigate TKs killings by telling us how humane they were, being one shot they likely never knew what hit them. Hes a good kid, Todd.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I don't know if it's been mentioned...but the cage inside the shipping container. Was it there already? I'm sure we don't know yet, but that would say a lot. I seriously doubt he built it or got it after shooting Charlie. I'm sure K was not the only one held there. :/

Well we know one thing for sure--he bought the padlocks he put on the shipping container LONG before he held KB captive. He reviewed the locks on Amazon on 9/13/2014 and said "solid locks.. have 5 on a shipping container.. wont stop them.. but sure will slow them down til they are too old to care". This proves premeditation, IMO.

Prediction time!
Before this is all said and done, mom will try to mitigate TKs killings by telling us how humane they were, being one shot they likely never knew what hit them. Hes a good kid, Todd.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yes, and a lot of people would have reacted the same way. It doesn't mean he's a monster.

Well we know one thing for sure--he bought the padlocks he put on the shipping container LONG before he held KB captive. He reviewed the locks on Amazon on 9/13/2014 and said "solid locks.. have 5 on a shipping container.. wont stop them.. but sure will slow them down til they are too old to care". This proves premeditation, IMO.
This is why I worry there are a lot more bodies. I don't believe he didn't do anything for 1-2yrs. I also think he kept MC locked up in there after shooting JC.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The only time we have heard there is a possible AZ shooting victim is when the detective told SP's wife. Are they keeping that under wraps or could it just be a misunderstanding by the detective. I would not be surprised if there were lots of victims over the years. Don't smart off to Mrs. Kohlhepp's boy.

Or a long history of victims. I am thinking (and hoping they actually test!!!) they will get lots of DNA from inside that container. And much of it will be from people who are missing or found dead.

The only time we have heard there is a possible AZ shooting victim is when the detective told SP's wife. Are they keeping that under wraps or could it just be a misunderstanding by the detective. I would not be surprised if there were lots of victims over the years. Don't smart off to Mrs. Kohlhepp's boy.

A few news stories a couple days ago reported that LE admitted the investigation had led to property searches out of state but no other details. I do believe they are searching for a body in AZ. A question is--did he kill someone there BEFORE or AFTER he went to prison in AZ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back