CBS - 48 Hours - Buried Truth episode 12 November 2016 - 9pm central

Or a long history of victims. I am thinking (and hoping they actually test!!!) they will get lots of DNA from inside that container. And much of it will be from people who are missing or found dead.

Let's hope it's not the same lab techs who logged and tested the Superbike victims' DNA. :mad:

I wish they aired it earlier. Now I'm full blown and can't sleep.

Re-watching part of the broadcast and this is a direct quote from RT that gave me chills when I first heard it:

"I set everything up so that he could be a productive part of our city, and that he could enjoy the rest of his life and do what he loved doing."

There was previous discussion here as to whether or not there was any AC given how hot it would have been when she was abducted. I haven't seen any confirmation, but I would guess not. He didn't really care if she survived or not. But RT in normal fashion jumps to defend how chivalrous TK was to his victims. Like how he walked the girl back to her house after holding a gun to her head and raping her at knife point.

They don't stop to think that he even walked the girl home. Does that sound like a dangerous criminal? He even walked the girl home."
https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com/files/1987-presentence-investigation-report-1478284242.pdf

Per his mother: He made her as comfortable as possible while chained up! He brought her food and water and something to lay on. He didn't want to hurt her but didn't know what to do! :notgood:

Re-watching part of the broadcast and this is a direct quote from RT that gave me chills when I first heard it:

"I set everything up so that he could be a productive part of our city, and that he could enjoy the rest of his life and do what he loved doing."
That made me go "wait what?!?!"...do what he loved doing...he was a teen, went to jail for 15 yrs......he didn't sell real estate before he served time in jail...

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I had to watch on the application as for some reason my television provider said my service was not authorized for the program.

At the very end it stated he has a public defender now. When we watched the first time he appeared in front of the judge I thought the judge explained he coukd not have a public defender unless he had no money or property. So this has me wondering if he signed over his properties to his mother or someone else or have his properties become a asset of the state, county or town because of this crime? I'm very confused right now.

His mother reminds of some folks I've been around who are alcoholic and or prescription drug addicts. If she is one or both of those it puts into perspective (for me at least) the reasoning behind a lot of her words, expressions and body language.

One scene that really stuck out to me on the 48 hours episode is when the reporter tells her that her son is classified as a serial killer. Her facial reaction and words were saying "no he's not... not my boy"
"Don't say those words"

This lady is in complete denial and is a enabler.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I caught that as well. Do we know (sorry these threads have moved so fast I've not been able to digest every detail) how she would be able to do this? Is she a chamber member? High society of some sort? Local royalty? I believe the answer to these questions will be a stern NO.

With my feeling the answer is no I'm going to lean towards him learning narcissistic traits from mommy dearest.

It's hard to tell which came first - the crazy lady or the crazy kid. Even kids who are born to complete psychos don't become cuckoo so early in life, though. TK was a Bad Seed from the get-go. Knowing you brought that thing into the world and living with it for a number of years might warp even the best of us.

But I'm not apologizing for her. She does enough of that for that creepy kid of hers. She's lost any sense of self she might have ever had - and I think they didn't comb her hair so it would be apparent that she is a walking zombie. Puckering up her face like she is crying, but never producing even one tear. Defending his actions by saying he paid people well, he fed KB, he did what he did because - well, it was everybody else's fault. He probably never had to face one consequence in his entire life. She's probably been afraid of him forever and I'll bet he's always told her that his behavior was her fault.

Or alcohol, IMO. She didn't appear to be sucking on a candy/mint as in the last interview. She wants him to have a defender that will keep him off death row. Someone please tell me that is not an option.

Yes, she had bed head in this interview and in the one with the local CBS reporter, too.

Could be she's on a heavy anti-depressant or anti-anxiety med. Sometimes those can flatten emotions. She needs to stop giving interviews to the news media. She's not helping herself. Perhaps she is hoping to use the interviews to keep him from getting the DP.

(Omg, this mom is in serious denial..."he didnt know what else to do", "tried to make her comfortable" (chained in a container in darkness is making someone comfortable?)

This was my thought, too. Since he went to SC to live with his mom when he was released, he would've had to kill before being incarcerated (between 12-15 years old). Unless he visited, but as much as he hated his bio dad, that would seem odd. One of the psych reports mentioned that he'd had a girlfriend with whom he'd had sex one time. (wasn't in relation to the rape/kidnap victim). But it struck me as odd. Why only one time? Did he just call her his girlfriend or could it have been someone related to this girl?

A few news stories a couple days ago reported that LE admitted the investigation had led to property searches out of state but no other details. I do believe they are searching for a body in AZ. A question is--did he kill someone there BEFORE or AFTER he went to prison in AZ?

Perceived hypothesis; Why the Super Bike Murders case went cold for 13 years...imo Bike Shop's spouse and customer that found the victims murdered, were both the primary suspects,,,

Notice that TK mother read encyclopedias to TK at the age of 4. Serial killer Gary Hilton's mother also read encyclopedias to him at the age of 4...TK is likely very intelligent, imo..
Oedipus syndrome comes to mind too...

I missed it. I was watching A&E. :(

I missed it. I was watching A&E. :(
You can watch it for free on the application. That is how I had to watch it. It will not let you skip the commercials however so it will take a little while to watch it

Prediction time!
Before this is all said and done, mom will try to mitigate TKs killings by telling us how humane they were, being one shot they likely never knew what hit them. Hes a good kid, Todd.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

0.o I just don't know what to say about TK's mother.... Norma/Norman Bates comes to mind.... o.0

I am just in awe... I mean, she really couldn't be DEFENDING his actions.... I'm just.... WOW

I'm at a total loss.... 0.o

There's no excuse for sympathizing with a serial killer but I can't help myself from sympathizing with his mother. She has obviously had some problems in her life, she seemed drunk IMO, and if my child was such a monster? If my child was such a monster, from the start, I wouldn't be able to handle it. She must feel very guilty. If she is drunk or medicated that would explain why she seemed so cold to me.

But with just 1 victim there has to be at least 100 people affected in some way. With 9 over a thousand. Could she stand in front of all those people and still make excuses for TK? Does she even realize just how many people have been affected by this? Because it is never just about the victims. It is about their families and their friends as well. They are hurting as well. She needs to open her eyes...

48 Hours usually posts the full episodes on their website so you should be able to watch it there.

Is this it? free, no download or membership needed:
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/buried-truth/

I have not been able to watch yet. Could someone check this link of TK videos. I believe one is last night's program. There are two others on this case at same link,

Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back