MS MS - Jarrod Johnston, 18, Yazoo City, 7 July 2007

I just watched this on Disappeared too. So sad to hear his father died without ever knowing.

What perplexes me is his girlfriend didn't hear from him for 3 or more weeks and seemed to not find this alarming. Maybe they were just friends and the show was playing up the girlfriend angle into more than it really was. It seems like if they were truly boyfriend/girlfriend they'd speak more often than that. She didn't know he was missing till his family called her.

I'd love some more press on this case, it's as fascinating as it is devastating with all of its twists and turns...
Am I missing something though? I knew of the drifter that was later ID'd as not being Johnston, but why is the case somehow considered closed by some resources. He had a casefile on Charley Report, but it has since been removed.

If I am remembering correctly all the social media accounts for him have also been very quite for awhile now ... I follow a lot and none as quite as his

I'm currently watching Jarrod's story. I am really touched by this story. My eldest son is in his mid-twenties, mentally ill, and had issues with drugs in the past. My son disappears at times and I always wonder if it will be the last time I will hear from him/see him. My heart goes out to this family. Keeping positive thoughts that he will be found alive and as healthy as possible.

Damn, life can be so hard for teenagers..... So sad.. Hope he's alive!

Just joined.

I watched the "Disappeared" episode recently. With Jarrod's interest in music, I wondered if he might have found his way to Austin, TX eventually as we have a big music scene. SXSW music festival just ended.

But today, I was out eating with my family and a youngish homeless man came in carrying a worn guitar case on his back. He got some free water and a nice lady bought him some food. He kind of looked familiar, and I wondered if it might be Jarrod after all? I wasn't able to talk to him (I have two very small children who were keeping me occupied), but I was able to get a picture from my car. I posted it on the Yazoo County Sherriffs Facebook page (I couldn't find an email adress) and sent a message to the Find Jarrod Johnston Facebook page, but it hasn't been updated in 6 years so it might not be functioning now that his father has passed away. His father also posted on the Yazoo Sherriffs page that they weren't doing anything to look for him so that might not have helped anyway.

Anyway, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up if it's not him, but I couldn't take the chance it was and I didn't say anything. If anyone has a family contact who could check the photo, let them know.

The problem is, there are so many people around our town who look like this - a homeless guy carrying a guitar - that they just fade into the background. I'm sure someone somewhere may be missing this young man, even if he's not the one being sought in this thread.

Thanks.

FB_IMG_1458928728247_zpsi4kzxgnn.jpg

Screenshot_20160325-120916_zpsvep7bk4j.png

20160325_121427_zps1lhoxt37.jpg

I think the individual above has much larger lips than Jarrod and looks younger than 27. That being said, I think it is great to be aware and keep an eye out. You never know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping for Jarrod.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This case just bothers me so much:( I wonder if any searches have been done, any of his belongings have been found or pawned. I hope this case gets closure soon. I'm really hoping there will be answers soon. Someone has to know something. He can't just vanish into thin air. was there any news reports for him and info on his belongings? Such as his guitar and hat? They should put that info on the news somehow, if they haven't. My heart goes out to his family. I really wish there was something I could do to help. There has to be some information. Have a blessed day, and praying for Jarrod to come home soon

I just saw his story on Disappeared and was heartbroken and decided to search in TX. I came across this article but it's from 2016 but it's got okay pics. I wanted to share just in case. His eyes seemed similar but not sure the nose! It's hard to tell with the time that has passed. The man is homeless and the woman in the article does have a current Facebook account. {Also, the Find Jarrod Johnston FB account really should be kept up with. It was hard to find where to send info other than a phone call and since I didn't see him in person, I felt the phone call wasn't the best option. I don't want to provide bad info or get hopes up but I really want to help.} I pray for him to be found!

http://nicerdays.org/good-samaritan-homless-man-dog/

I also watched the rerun of ID on Jarrod. Do guitars have serial numbers? Way to locate or trace them?

Missing Jarrod so much! I believe is is still alive and we just want him to come home. I love you Jarrod! You have a sister and nieces and nephews who look forward to meeting you! You are my light and my joy. Please come home!

Jarrodsmom only posted this one time. 11-13-16. I wonder if she will get a notification from this? Perhaps she could return, become a VI, and fill in all of you Websleuths with details galore?

Wishful thinking, I know. Sigh.

Me too! Someone has to know something! I hope Jarrod is safe and returns home!
Is he still missing? Im from Finland, just watch the show of him, and wonder...10year has gone, so sad.

I checked out that page and it hasn't been updated in a while. There have been remains found for some of the individuals.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back