CBS - 48 Hours - Buried Truth episode 12 November 2016 - 9pm central

The court docs noted that having received correspondence from TK in custody, RT did not believe he was remorseful for the attack on the girl in AZ. She felt his only concern was getting out of custody and having his things, including his knife and gun, shipped to SC. If the bio dad had knowledge of how TK had wanted to kill him, he may have been reluctant to give TK the arsenal he was accustomed to at the dad's home. Just speculating. I'm sure he was able to get his hands on whatever he needed in SC, though.

Wow! Perhaps that is true? It was revealed TK never did a background check to get his weapons cache. Could he have really gotten all those guns from his father?

IMO, TK would've only need to tell RT that the 14 year old didn't want him for her to excuse his behavior. No different than when he was 8 or 9 and his step siblings bio mother picked them up at school and didn't take TK because she didn't want him. Or maybe he used the same fabrication he used to explain the charges on his real estate application. I also do not believe Charlie smarted off. Charlie had what TK wanted. IIRC, Charlie was shot almost immediately. If any communication took place between TK and Charlie, does that mean that they knew each other prior to that day?

I am sure TK told his mom that people embarrassed him and had smart mouths and he shot them for it. I guess that makes sense to her. I just wonder what he told her made him kidnap and rape his 14 year old neighbor. I do not buy the fell over and they laughed story. I think we will never really find out, but there is much more to that story. For all we know he tried to rob them and it went real bad. I do not think Charlie smarted off to him either. I think he had it all planned. I guess his whining always worked on mommy. But he clearly has a dark soul and it was not about embarrassment.

Moms physical appearance to me is dry mouth and dry eye caused by psych meds, underscoring that I do not know she that takes those meds BUT have seen such many times in the past with those who are, along with her "bobbly" movements.

Also, what REALLY surprised me is that TK was being raised with THREE very young step-siblings (step-fathers children) per mom's interview. They were secretly whisked away, but made me wonder how those poor little tykes were treated by TK or even mom. I'm waiting for ex's and their families to start speaking. Of course, ex's could be deceased at this point considering age of mom.

<BBM for focus>

Read the reply by 48 Hours to the 1st comment under the Caption; 'Todd Kohlhep's Mother, "He isn't a Serial killer"
https://www.facebook.com/48hours/?fref=ts

He wanted to return the bike and get his money back and the shop told him they would take the bike back but wouldn't refund him. Knowing TK's arrogance and having no control in the situation, IMO, is all it took to push him over the edge. I can see a bunch of guys chuckling, they probably would've chuckled if a friend had fallen off the bike. But never would it be grounds for killing someone.

MaybeTK tried to pass a bad check and telecheck caught him. Perhaps they threatened to call the cops and he shot his way out of there. I mean he would be headed to prison since he was on probation still wasn't he? Not sure about that. But i could see him going off if he thought he was about to be arrested. He might have grabbed the check before he left.

Was the only "proof" he gave the sheriff that he committed the murders, the single shot to the foreheads of each victim? If that's the case then I'm certain the friend that found them dead noticed the single shot to their foreheads and I'm certain the immediate family members of the victims would have seen that in their autopsy reports. Surely this has been discussed over the years to others that live there and easily TK could have found out this fact. Hopefully there is more "proof" that he committed the murders so he isn't recanting his confession later. Meanwhile a killer would still be walking free.

No, that was 1 of 3 things he told them, they didn't elaborate on the other 2.

<BBM for focus>

Read the reply by 48 Hours to the 1st comment under the Caption; 'Todd Kohlhep's Mother, "He isn't a Serial killer"
https://www.facebook.com/48hours/?fref=ts

Oh, believe me, I don't think she's shedding a tear, she's defending and making excuses for TK, and for herself! I'm talking more physical facial movements. I think she's got serious issues herself, probably stemming back from before TK was a glimmer. MOO

He wanted to return the bike and get his money back and the shop told him they would take the bike back but wouldn't refund him. Knowing TK's arrogance and having no control in the situation, IMO, is all it took to push him over the edge. I can see a bunch of guys chuckling, they probably would've chuckled if a friend had fallen off the bike. But never would it be grounds for killing someone.

I saw the sheriff quotes that they laughed when he tried to return a bike, and another from some source that a bike was stolen and they laughed when he said he wanted to buy a new one. Neither makes any sense. Of course in any case we only have TK's word on this. NL says he believed SP was shot first because he was in the parking lot and BL must have come out to see what happened because he was shot at the door. His body propped the door open. Then the Mechanic and BG were shot inside, BG coming out of the bathroom and the mechanic in the backroom working on a bike. I think TK either lured SP out or maybe he was trying to trade the bike, or perhaps return it. I am guessing it was damaged by poor ridership and SP refused the return or offered little in trade. Perhaps that is when TK lost it and shot SP, or maybe pulled his gun and SP laughed at him. I can see BL coming out, and being ambushed by this coward. Then he went inside the store to get rid of the witnesses. I doubt SP grew his business by making fun of his customers. TK clearly did not like to hear no for an answer. I am sure he used they were bullying me mommy defense all his life, from the time he destroyed other people's school work right up until serial murder. I think there is only one proven bully in this story.

I haven't heard that?

I've heard two different versions from his mother now too:
1: That it was because they laughed at him not being able to ride the bike.
2: That it was because he had bought a bike from them but it got stolen and that when he went back to buy another , they were making fun of him saying "Oh are you gonna get this one stolen too" OWTTE

(Omg, this mom is in serious denial..."he didnt know what else to do", "tried to make her comfortable" (chained in a container in darkness is making someone comfortable?)

Re BBM

How about he let her go.

Its really unbelievable.

If LE finds out and can prove she had prior knowledge that he was responsible for the Superbike murders, could she be charged with obstruction of justice or some other charge?

Its a possibility that he may have confided in her after those murders or some of the other murders.

Why did he bother telling his mother anything about it? He's still manipulating her and will continue to. She is definitely something else but he is much much worse. JMO

Qmfr:
(Omg, this mom is in serious denial..."he didnt know what else to do", "tried to make her comfortable" (chained in a container in darkness is making someone comfortable?)

Picking up where I left off...

His mom just said "The guy got mouthy" (why her son killed him). She seems to have nooo respect for the victims. Jmo

Apple, tree...

I just went back and rewatched both parts of the raw video of mom's interview with the local tv station. I thought it strange when she said her parents didn't want her to have Todd. They didn't want her to have any children at all.

Makes me wonder why?

I've been thinking about this a lot today. It's a strong statement! Not only did she say they didn't want her to have kids, but it in was in the context of them refusing to help her financially because of it.

I thought of my own daughter, who has said since she was a teen that she doesn't want children. Who told me the other day, as I ooohed and ahhhed over her new puppy falling asleep in my lap, that 'this is the only grandbaby you're getting!' So I am not expecting to have any biological grandchildren. And that's ok. But I can't imagine not wanting her to have children someday!

All I can come up with, based on what we know at this time, is that either a) her whole family is extremely dysfunctional and this is the byproduct of a whole other mess, or b) Mama has always been extremely dysfunctional and her parents did think she'd be a capable mother.

IMO and totally subject to change with more info :)

Qmfr:

Picking up where I left off...

His mom just said "The guy got mouthy" (why her son killed him). She seems to have nooo respect for the victims. Jmo

Apple, tree...

Agreed. The more we hear... this is way more than just denial.

How much 'smart-mouthing' could Charlie have had time to do? Didn't KB say he was shot pretty much immediately upon arrival?

O/T: Mama K was a beautiful woman in her day, judging by the picture they showed of her and a young Todd.

I just watched one of the interviews... he didn't kill someone everyday...there were years in between the kills. Great deduction mom, he's no serial killer!

I just watched one of the interviews... he didn't kill someone everyday...there were years in between the kills. Great deduction mom, he's no serial killer!

He's just misunderstood!

I'd love to hear from the step siblings that lived with Todd when he was younger. Didn't the kids leave from school without taking him? Kinda get the hell out of Dodge maybe.

How much 'smart-mouthing' could Charlie have had time to do? Didn't KB say he was shot pretty much immediately upon arrival?

O/T: Mama K was a beautiful woman in her day, judging by the picture they showed of her and a young Todd.

She was, wasn't she? She looked quite a bit like KB, I thought :thinking:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back