CBS - 48 Hours - Buried Truth episode 12 November 2016 - 9pm central

I am watching this on DVR right now. His mother is in denial and it's sad, she doesn't want to believe that her son is a monster but he is.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

RT said it in one of her interviews.

Tague says he told her they embarrassed him and made him feel bad when all he wanted was to be taught how to ride a motorcycle.
She says his rage and inability to control his anger led him back to that shop for revenge.
“They sent him down a big field with plants this high and he fell off and they laughed and laughed at him.”
She says her son wanted help learning to ride. When he didn’t get the help, he didn’t want the bike, he wanted his money back.
“They told him they’d take it back, but they wouldn’t give him his money back and they were laughing at him,” Tague said.

http://wspa.com/2016/11/11/raw-interview-with-todd-kohlhepps-mom-why-he-kept-kala-alive/

I haven't heard that?

I've heard two different versions from his mother now too:
1: That it was because they laughed at him not being able to ride the bike.
2: That it was because he had bought a bike from them but it got stolen and that when he went back to buy another , they were making fun of him saying "Oh are you gonna get this one stolen too" OWTTE

I'd love to hear from the step siblings that lived with Todd when he was younger. Didn't the kids leave from school without taking him? Kinda get the hell out of Dodge maybe.

It sounds like their bio mom may have kidnapped her kids, per the juvenile docs. It sounds like this is part of the same event. I wonder how long they were gone for, and if they returned to live with their father?

Terrible how the Superbike murder investigation was bungled so badly. Good grief, screwing up the DNA tests, treating the wife of the owner as a suspect. SMH.

This is so sad. I would sue. I am not a sue happy sort. But THIS. They deserve to be sued and she deserves to get retribution.

Anyone care to make a wager on which picture TK wanted to be sure RT was given? I''m gonna go with the one of him as a toddler. That seems to be the one imbedded in RT's mind. She seems incapable of seeing him as an adult that should be held responsible for his actions. When confronted with his horrific past, she immediately deflects and recalls a story of him as a young child (hiding in the hamper, throwing his shoes in the creek, her husband's ex not wanting him).

Something that really bothers me is the comment RT made in the court docs about TK wanting her all to himself. I'm also a mother of one and can't imagine my daughter at any age wanting me all to herself. That's not to say that she hasn't wanted my attention. But the controlling nature of the comment RT kinda creeps me out. I also think about the cage TK kept KB in that was inside the shed. If the slats were large enough for her to get through, I could see him chaining her to it. But why by the neck? Was it to cause her added pain, humiliation or because she had to appear that she belonged to him? Nothing should surprise me about TK at this point, I just wonder how deep rooted some of it is.

“This was a shipping container, and a cage inside? What type?” Begnaud asked Wright.
“Yes, like a shark cage that you would put underwater,” he replied.
“When they opened the door, she was inside the cage?” Begnaud asked.
“Yes,” said Wright.
“Chained? Bound?” Begnaud pressed.
“She was bound,” Wright replied. “ …there was a chain from the top of the cage to something else that went around her neck. … She was distraught, panicked.”
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/todd-ko...ns-of-a-suspected-serial-killer-buried-truth/

DH "hears" me talk about various cases I follow on WS. I was excited to have him watch 48 Hours with me. After it was over he looks at me and says, "this is REAL? Not like a drama? But real? " Pretty much sums it up for me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I know her statements towards the end of the 1st video are the most shocking, but something else also caught my attention. RT tells a story from TK's childhood about calling the fire department when she couldn't find Todd. It turned out he was hiding in the clothes hamper and he laughed when the firemen found him there. So much I want to say about this little story I don't know where to start. In no particular order:

1. She launches into the "hiding in the clothes hamper" story while reflecting on how she can't believe he killed people. Reporter asks her what she said to TK when she she found out he killed 7 people and she says, "How could you do this? Because I didn't understand. I didn't understand, how in the world this little boy that hid on me one day when he was little in the clothes hamper..." And she tells the story. What was her reason for bringing this up in relation to her not being able to understand his crimes? Is this story meant to show he was harmless? Or that she was clueless? Or she still sees him as mischievous child?

2. While telling the story she mentions she called the fire department because, "Isn't that what all good mothers do?" It's as if the story is being told to illustrate how good a mother she is and not to show anything about Todd. She was responsible and tried to get him help and he just laughed when they found him.

3. Does anyone believe this story actually happened? I wonder if there is record of it anywhere? Maybe it's because I follow too many missing persons cases but I have not read of any missing child case, EVER, where the parent called specifically the FIRE DEPT. They call 911 or they call the police to file a missing report. And when calling about a missing child the first to respond would not be the fire department, would it? And she describes that they showed up "In all their gear." for a missing child? Really?

4. I'm reminded of the 1970's TV show, Emergency where the fire department was portrayed as going out to rescue kittens from trees and other mild things in between the more serious calls for fires and car accidents. But Todd was MISSING, he wasn't stuck in a tree or in a car accident. Why would she call the fire department, specifically, and why would they be the first to respond if she called the general emergency number?
And if a volunteer firefighter DID hear the call on the radio about a missing child and show up first, I highly doubt he would have put on ALL his gear to go find a child. There was NO fire! There was a woman who didn't know where her child was. And firefighter gear is heavy-- it would hinder their searching for the child.

5. IMO, she either embellished this story drastically or made it up out of whole clothe. :moo: I just can't figure out WHY she would make it up, or even tell it at that point in the conversation. What was she trying to portray? I'm baffled by RT's statements and I'm wondering how true any of her stories are now. :scared:

Slightly off topic, but relevant to calling the fire department. When my sister was 2 or 3 she locked herself alone in my parent's room. Unfortunately she couldn't figure out how to unlock it. We tried for some time to get her to follow our directions. It was a strong lock, deadbolt kind and it just wasn't getting us anywhere.

I don't recall if my mom called 911 or the fire department but the fire department came and climbed up onto the balcony to my parents' room as we didn't have any ladders long enough. They managed to get in and let her out but the main point was it was fire and rescue that came! I still give my sister he-ll about it over 25 years later. Lol

Slightly off topic, but relevant to calling the fire department. When my sister was 2 or 3 she locked herself alone in my parent's room. Unfortunately she couldn't figure out how to unlock it. We tried for some time to get her to follow our directions. It was a strong lock, deadbolt kind and it just wasn't getting us anywhere.

I don't recall if my mom called 911 or the fire department but the fire department came and climbed up onto the balcony to my parents' room as we didn't have any ladders long enough. They managed to get in and let her out but the main point was it was fire and rescue that came! I still give my sister he-ll about it over 25 years later. Lol
Wait....brother? Lol. Read my post upthread. ;)

Wait....brother? Lol. Read my post upthread. ;)

I did see your post after I posted mine. Lol. We were all 4 girls though. That's so funny. Oh and the FD showed up in full regalia also. This would have been around 1990 or 1991. I wonder how often they get these calls! LMAO

It sounds like their bio mom may have kidnapped her kids, per the juvenile docs. It sounds like this is part of the same event. I wonder how long they were gone for, and if they returned to live with their father?
I wonder if bio mom might have kidnapped her kids to protect them from her ex-husband's new wife's psychopath son...

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

If you read through TK's Amazon acct/purchase reviews, back in 2015 or maybe 2014 he mentioned having a shipping container.

I don't know if it's been mentioned...but the cage inside the shipping container. Was it there already? I'm sure we don't know yet, but that would say a lot. I seriously doubt he built it or got it after shooting Charlie. I'm sure K was not the only one held there. :/

I was lying in my yard looking at the sky once when I was a teenager, and for some reason my elderly nosy neighbors thought I was in trouble and called 911. Being only a half mile from my house, the volunteer fire dept got the call and sent a truck. (They were a little flabbergasted when I strolled down to the truck all fine to tell them I was just looking at the sky)

Oh, and I went through a training program at that same fire dept a couple of years earlier for teens considering becoming firefighters, and the first thing they did after getting the call was to dress in their gear, no matter what the call was in regards to.

My experiences only!

The weird part of the story to me was her telling it like it showed him as a cute happy kid, but his staying hidden while she panicked and coming out giggling at everyone's worry sounded creepy to me. JMO of course

What was it that she said about embarrassment? Like "anybody...I don't care who you are...nobody likes to be embarrassed. That sticks with you."

Whaaaaaat. True, being embarrassed sucks and the feeling can pop up out of nowhere even 20 years on. But dude probably like 99.99% of people on earth don't kill over it, ffs!

I've been trying to think myself into her situation, and I think, if it were my kid, I would've been the biggest pain in his bum after he got out of prison. I'd stay on top of him, make him check in with me regularly, be on his bank accounts, check his house, of course make sure he had a good therapist...I'd do whatever I had to in an effort to ensure society was safe from him and he was not putting himself in a position to be able to hurt anyone, to find his way back to jail.

I did see your post after I posted mine. Lol. We were all 4 girls though. That's so funny. Oh and the FD showed up in full regalia also. This would have been around 1990 or 1991. I wonder how often they get these calls! LMAO

OT
Re BBM

I wont say the embarrasing reason I had to call for an ambulance a long time ago, but I can vouche that the fire department came too with all their gear and a huge full size fire truck to boot. :)

Even though I told 911 I just needed an ambulance I think the fire and rescue is somehow tied together and since they dont know the full details of a call then they will sometimes send out everything they could possibly need.

It sure gave me respect for them and the job they do. I was impressed how quick they came and they were ready for anything.

Anyone care to make a wager on which picture TK wanted to be sure RT was given? I''m gonna go with the one of him as a toddler. That seems to be the one imbedded in RT's mind. She seems incapable of seeing him as an adult that should be held responsible for his actions. When confronted with his horrific past, she immediately deflects and recalls a story of him as a young child (hiding in the hamper, throwing his shoes in the creek, her husband's ex not wanting him).

Something that really bothers me is the comment RT made in the court docs about TK wanting her all to himself. I'm also a mother of one and can't imagine my daughter at any age wanting me all to herself. That's not to say that she hasn't wanted my attention. But the controlling nature of the comment RT kinda creeps me out. I also think about the cage TK kept KB in that was inside the shed. If the slats were large enough for her to get through, I could see him chaining her to it. But why by the neck? Was it to cause her added pain, humiliation or because she had to appear that she belonged to him? Nothing should surprise me about TK at this point, I just wonder how deep rooted some of it is.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/todd-ko...ns-of-a-suspected-serial-killer-buried-truth/

The parallels to the Alfred Hitchcock movie "Psycho" are uncanny.

My nephew did the same thing! And it was the fire department who got him out. If there are three people here with the same story I'm guessing they get them often, especially since they know what to do.

What was it that she said about embarrassment? Like "anybody...I don't care who you are...nobody likes to be embarrassed. That sticks with you."

Whaaaaaat. True, being embarrassed sucks and the feeling can pop up out of nowhere even 20 years on. But dude probably like 99.99% of people on earth don't kill over it, ffs!

I've been trying to think myself into her situation, and I think, if it were my kid, I would've been the biggest pain in his bum after he got out of prison. I'd stay on top of him, make him check in with me regularly, be on his bank accounts, check his house, of course make sure he had a good therapist...I'd do whatever I had to in an effort to ensure society was safe from him and he was not putting himself in a position to be able to hurt anyone, to find his way back to jail.

Well, that's because you don't have the mental health issues she does. I don't think she can function very well, much less worry about her serial killer son. Her inability to maintain a healthy relationship with anyone in her life, family, husbands and children, are a big clue she most likely suffers from a serious personality disorder herself. Watching her speak, she exhibits some very narcissistic traits and an inability to feel empathy for other people. TK was probably born with some hereditary mental health issues and grew up unwanted in a tornado of chaos. His mother wasn't going to suddenly become a good mother and try to protect society from her son now.

Personally I think the explanation of "mental illness" is greatly overused. We have no real idea if she has bonafide mental health issues. Nor do we know if her son does. Some people in this world are just horrible, evil people. It's a dangerous and slippery slope if we start attributing "mental illness" to every serial killer out there for it tends to 'excuse' what they've done ("oh they couldn't really help it, they were mentally ill") and it also increases the negative stigma associated with the millions of good people out there in this world who do battle mental illness. I think that it's also dangerous and irresponsible to essentially diagnose anyone in this situation. None of us here are qualified to do so and even if we were, diagnosing someone based on snippets in news articles and watching some interviews is not how a mental health diagnosis is made. JMO

Well, that's because you don't have the mental health issues she does. I don't think she can function very well, much less worry about her serial killer son. Her inability to maintain a healthy relationship with anyone in her life, family, husbands and children, are a big clue she most likely suffers from a serious personality disorder herself. Watching her speak, she exhibits some very narcissistic traits and an inability to feel empathy for other people. TK was probably born with some hereditary mental health issues and grew up unwanted in a tornado of chaos. His mother wasn't going to suddenly become a good mother and try to protect society from her son now.

Yeah but in your sister's case, if your parents DID call the fire department that would make sense. You parents KNEW where your sister was, locked in their upstairs bedroom......and they needed the assistance of someone with a ladder to access the bedroom via the window.

In the case of the "story" RT told, if your child was found to be missing in the home, you wouldn't call the fire department - you'd call police .....for you don't know if it's a case of child being trapped somewhere, abducted, wandered away from the home and lost, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back