UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what was written on FB. Clearly this person has seen full length CCTV which hasnt been made public. Only from the police hub which was in town.

: Now this may have already been mentioned and looked into but ...... in the police Hub outside Mac Donald's they were playing both sets of cctv footage.... now the bit that's bothering/worrying and keep questioning is after Corrie goes towards those bins and never appears again the cctv showed someone in dark clothing coming from that exact spot minutes later!!!!! Now has this person been appealed for? Have they been found and spoken to? Was it Corrie? Have we
Been looking for someone in the wrong clothes?? I really hope this has been looked into and this person has been spoken to and it's not been missed!! [emoji120][emoji120]
Praying and hoping everyday for this lads safe return and for this poor families heart ache to end!! #findcorrie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's not what I expected. Was this footage actually being shown to the public? Interesting.

Don't know for definite, can only speculate but it always used to be the case that young RAF guys used to go back home at weekends. In my teenage years I used to travel up north from the local train station on a Friday and it would be packed with young men travelling back to see their girl friends/family etc. Factoring in that BSE is not the most happening town, it wouldn't surprise me if a lot still headed home.

So it could be that those nearest to him could have been away for the weekend perhaps?

Yes, I mentioned about a lot going back at weekends. To be fair, 10 out of 12 years we've been outside the UK so it is a little different and I'm trying to bear that in mind in my posts. And factoring it's RAF and not Army which I'm used to. That said, even my UK based friend singlies know each others mums and dads as they all go back to each others hometowns.

I find it odd that he was simply tapped on the shoulder and asked to leave, what lead up to that? I'm sure he wasn't the only person shitfaced in Flex.

Depends if he was staggering about a bit. If that's the case they get you out of there fairly fast. A week or two before he went missing my friend and I were in there, I was sober she was drunk. She fell over whilst I was on the phone getting a cab for her. The bouncers told us she had to leave, I explained I was just trying to get a cab for her. Their attitude was you have to wait outside.
Funnily enough, it took a good half an hour to get a cab (long story short - I had to work the next day, so couldn't go with her to a village- so wanted a cabbie I know and trust to take her safely). We went down to mama mia's, then a taxi pulled up outside, as it was a friend of the usually cabbie coming I didn't know what he looked like. This guy said he was our cabbie and we'd gone about a quarter of a mile before I sussed he wasn't the cabbie I was expecting. As soon as I realised this we got out, as there is no way I was going to let my drunken friend be taken home by an unknown in that state! He was licensed but he was pinching fares.

Flex bouncers are fairly keen to kick visibly drunk people out and that includes females.

Yes, I mentioned about a lot going back at weekends. To be fair, 10 out of 12 years we've been outside the UK so it is a little different and I'm trying to bear that in mind in my posts. And factoring it's RAF and not Army which I'm used to. That said, even my UK based friend singlies know each others mums and dads as they all go back to each others hometowns.

Sorry didn't see your post! But yes, I agree.
My first thought when it was suggested that it could be abduction related to his job, was why on earth would someone take him when he could be any young man, when they could easily get one from a local railway or when they are doing their cross country runs. Not trying to be flip here, that was just my immediate thought when it was being suggested that it could be a possible work related abduction.

Depends if he was staggering about a bit. If that's the case they get you out of there fairly fast. A week or two before he went missing my friend and I were in there, I was sober she was drunk. She fell over whilst I was on the phone getting a cab for her. The bouncers told us she had to leave, I explained I was just trying to get a cab for her. Their attitude was you have to wait outside.
Funnily enough, it took a good half an hour to get a cab (long story short - I had to work the next day, so couldn't go with her to a village- so wanted a cabbie I know and trust to take her safely). We went down to mama mia's, then a taxi pulled up outside, as it was a friend of the usually cabbie coming I didn't know what he looked like. This guy said he was our cabbie and we'd gone about a quarter of a mile before I sussed he wasn't the cabbie I was expecting. As soon as I realised this we got out, as there is no way I was going to let my drunken friend be taken home by an unknown in that state! He was licensed but he was pinching fares.

Flex bouncers are fairly keen to kick visibly drunk people out and that includes females.

God forbid people go to a nightclub and get drunk! Interesting to get a local perspective. I'm from London and generally takes a lot more than a stumble to get booted out of a club.

Well that's not what I expected. Was this footage actually being shown to the public? Interesting.

Well if someone did exit that area after he went in... I am gob smacked this hasnt been mentioned at all anywhere!!!!!! This is critical information!

Sorry didn't see your post! But yes, I agree.
My first thought when it was suggested that it could be abduction related to his job, was why on earth would someone take him when he could be any young man, when they could easily get one from a local railway or when they are doing their cross country runs. Not trying to be flip here, that was just my immediate thought when it was being suggested that it could be a possible work related abduction.

I've never thought it was related to his job and still don't. That's even further down to AWOL to me. Other 'incidents' that have happened are taken with a huge grain of salt by everybody I know regardless of where they are in the world.

When I was in Germany actually, maybe off-topic maybe relevant, a leaflet was put through somebody's door, probably a year or so after Dmr Rigby's murder in Woolwich basically threatening wives around our local town in Germany being attacked blah blah blah.....turned out it was the wife and husband of the door it went through that created the whole thing. Don't underestimate what people will do to draw attention to themselves or create a drama.

Well if someone did exit that area after he went in... I am gob smacked this hasnt been mentioned at all anywhere!!!!!! This is critical information!

Honestly the most frustrating case on here and I'm following the McStays!

I know quite a lot of gay men in the Army and they're all very open and honest about it and all but one are the stereotypical camp, flambouyant, OTT types. One is trans and goes out with the lads at the weekend dressed as a woman. It's really not as taboo as it used to be. I know lots of soldiers like Corrie (and RAF are reknowned for being the princesses of the tri-services anyway) who are poker straight, the only man they're in love with is themselves :laughing: The you get the opposite end who get extra duties because they don't wash their kit or shave properly. There are lots of non-macho, skinny jeans, pink shirt wearing military personnel. I really read nothing into his mannerisms or clothing as 'gay'.

Yes, most gay men, whether in the Army or otherwise, are open about it these days: it's isn't taboo anymore and most people aren't interested in other people's sexuality. But what you need to remember, is that many young gay men do find it difficult coming out to their family - and that's a fact. Other gay men often try and suppress their feelings and are thoroughly miserable due to hiding their true selves. That's why you hear of married men with children who are discovered to be leading secret lives as a gay man.

I personally think that Corrie comes across as gay on his Instagram. In some photos he wears his earring in his right ear, which gay men adopted years ago and still wear it that way. There's pictures of him posing just in the way gay men pose for photos, and a couple of his male followers call him cute etc. Most straight men would feel awkward being complimented by an obviously gay man, but Corrie seemed happy with the remarks.

Maybe he isn't gay, but it's unusual behaviour for a straight man to pose/post and dress as if they could be perceived to be gay - which his gay male followers obviously thought.

It's also worth noting that the destination where Corrie's phone was last picked up, was close to a known dogging area frequented by gays.

God forbid people go to a nightclub and get drunk! Interesting to get a local perspective. I'm from London and generally takes a lot more than a stumble to get booted out of a club.

LOL! She was fairly drunk and she did fall, but she is a tiny girl and I did make it quite clear I was trying to get her home - but it was out! If I'd been the bouncers I'd be more concerned about the slimy guys trying to hit on her when she was so drunk....but then that is totally my own opinion!! 😉
Irony is...it's not the classiest of joints and for most people you have had plenty already (to go there) and you want to carry on! One of the few places you can drink till the early hours mid-week.
Ahhh! I remember London clubs!!! I lived down there for 8 years (including student years) and never one got turfed out!!!

I've never thought it was related to his job and still don't. That's even further down to AWOL to me. Other 'incidents' that have happened are taken with a huge grain of salt by everybody I know regardless of where they are in the world.

When I was in Germany actually, maybe off-topic maybe relevant, a leaflet was put through somebody's door, probably a year or so after Dmr Rigby's murder in Woolwich basically threatening wives around our local town in Germany being attacked blah blah blah.....turned out it was the wife and husband of the door it went through that created the whole thing. Don't underestimate what people will do to draw attention to themselves or create a drama.

I'm with you again on the not related to job abduction. So many easier places to guarantee grabbing someone, if I were inclined - which I'm not! The only abduction scenario I can imagine is sexual or sex hook up gone bad, or robbery gone bad.

Eta: people do the oddest things don't they? Yes I'm looking at you Shannon Matthews poor excuse of a mother!

Yes, most gay men, whether in the Army or otherwise, are open about it these days: it's isn't taboo anymore and most people aren't interested in other people's sexuality. But what you need to remember, is that many young gay men do find it difficult coming out to their family - and that's a fact. Other gay men often try and suppress their feelings and are thoroughly miserable due to hiding their true selves. That's why you hear of married men with children who are discovered to be leading secret lives as a gay man.

I personally think that Corrie comes across as gay on his Instagram. In some photos he wears his earring in his right ear, which gay men adopted years ago and still wear it that way. There's pictures of him posing just in the way gay men pose for photos, and a couple of his male followers call him cute etc. Most straight men would feel awkward being complimented by an obviously gay man, but Corrie seemed happy with the remarks.

Maybe he isn't gay, but it's unusual behaviour for a straight man to pose/post and dress as if they could be perceived to be gay - which his gay male followers obviously thought.

It's also worth noting that the destination where Corrie's phone was last picked up, was close to a known dogging area frequented by gays.

I've not seen his Instagram, is there a link?

I was going to black out some friends of mine group photos as an example of dress etc is pretty normal but because Websleuths is such a huge Google hit it seems unfair. You'd maybe be surprised what straight squaddies do to each other and that's the girls too. In the nicest possible way, because I love them, they're not your usual early 20 somethings.

LOL! She was fairly drunk and she did fall, but she is a tiny girl and I did make it quite clear I was trying to get her home - but it was out! If I'd been the bouncers I'd be more concerned about the slimy guys trying to hit on her when she was so drunk....but then that is totally my own opinion!! ��
Irony is...it's not the classiest of joints and for most people you have had plenty already (to go there) and you want to carry on! One of the few places you can drink till the early hours mid-week.
Ahhh! I remember London clubs!!! I lived down there for 8 years (including student years) and never one got turfed out!!!

Nah, we like money too much :happydance:

With regard to what squaddies get up to, there's surely a remote possibility of some kind of 'hazing' kind of thing that's gone wrong?

I don't like to say this, and I've held back for 2 threads, but how similar is the RAF to the army, really? I'm hearing stories of gays and transvestites in the army being accepted, and I know of army lads getting drunk and naked as innocent fun...a night out for them might look like a stag party to anyone else? My local RAF guys seem totally laid back by comparison, though I don't do clubbing to see what the younger singles get up to on their nights out.

But...from a personal experience, some of them can be a lot less accepting of people who are 'different' in the team than has been described on this board. And I'm not talking about gay, I'm talking about black...but it's complicated, because the person is accepted to their face and only talked about behind their back. If there's a problem with black for 'some' (not all) people in the RAF I can't imagine that openly fabulously gay would be more acceptable? But everyone's different, and for some people black might be more of a problem to them than white and gay or tranny.

I do feel sick saying this stuff, but if we're complaining about openness and honesty, then shouldn't we be honest that there are some people in the forces who are a bit racist or who are a bit anti-gay or anti-anything different? People aren't homogeneous anywhere, civvies or military.

I've not seen his Instagram, is there a link?

I was going to black out some friends of mine group photos as an example of dress etc is pretty normal but because Websleuths is such a huge Google hit it seems unfair. You'd maybe be surprised what straight squaddies do to each other and that's the girls too. In the nicest possible way, because I love them, they're not your usual early 20 somethings.

I'm with you again on the not related to job abduction. So many easier places to guarantee grabbing someone, if I were inclined - which I'm not! The only abduction scenario I can imagine is sexual or sex hook up gone bad, or robbery gone bad.

Eta: people do the oddest things don't they? Yes I'm looking at you Shannon Matthews poor excuse of a mother!

Perfect example. Hope Shannon is doing ok. Be interesting to read on that in real time on here, are there threads?

I don't know if you remember but less than 2 weeks or so after Dmr Rigby's murder a military wife went missing. Not even in my circles. She'd just gone missing. I only heard as one of my best friend lived opposite her and she was telling me all about it. There was no hoo-hah about her disappearance or any connection made to the atrocity that happened in Woolwich just DAYS BEFORE. Turned out it was the lovely Krishnamaya Mabo who'd been murdered on a Sunday walk.

This is what was written on FB. Clearly this person has seen full length CCTV which hasnt been made public. Only from the police hub which was in town.

: Now this may have already been mentioned and looked into but ...... in the police Hub outside Mac Donald's they were playing both sets of cctv footage.... now the bit that's bothering/worrying and keep questioning is after Corrie goes towards those bins and never appears again the cctv showed someone in dark clothing coming from that exact spot minutes later!!!!! Now has this person been appealed for? Have they been found and spoken to? Was it Corrie? Have we
Been looking for someone in the wrong clothes?? I really hope this has been looked into and this person has been spoken to and it's not been missed!! [emoji120][emoji120]
Praying and hoping everyday for this lads safe return and for this poor families heart ache to end!! #findcorrie

I cant understand why all the information given out comes in dribs and drabs. Why wasn't this image of the man leaving the same spot minutes after Corrie entered, released? Surely the family were aware if a mere stranger was?

I feel desperately sorry for Corrie's family, but I wonder if due to their torment they're not running their Facebook in the best possible way. It's extremely hard to follow posts as they're all so jumbled, and most of them have comments turned off. It doesn't flow well. I know they try their hardest to give out information, but some is obviously kept back, and they don't allow proper discussions such as on here for example.

if it's correct that a man was seen leaving that same spot, this should have been revealed. It hasn't just come about. It's possible Corrie was meeting the man for some reason, or maybe Corrie himself found some clothing in one of the waste bins and being cold put a coat on and headed home. It could be that the man simply happened to be leaving the area when Corrie was there and didn't even notice him.

but unless these details are revealed to the public no-one can offer any ideas or suggestions.

*If* a person entered or left the bin area during the 3.25 to 4.20am timeframe, then it would be very interesting to know if they've been traced and whether or not they saw Corrie in there.

But police have said no confirmed sightings after the last CCTV footage?

With regard to what squaddies get up to, there's surely a remote possibility of some kind of 'hazing' kind of thing that's gone wrong?

Nah. Nothing's that extreme. Most of it is drinking. In Germany quite often drink a 'boot' of beer. There was that terrible incident whereby the young lad died after drinking a 'top shelf' but that has stopped and honestly, they're not monsters. Worst that happens if they don't finish the shots/boot/drink they get 'crated' which means they are fined a crate of beer or whatever. 99% are really good people who look after each other. They are incredibly protective of each other and genuinely love each other like sister/brothers.

(Sorry if I am sometimes evasive but I have to try to remember what I'm allowed to say and what is restricted, we get security briefings obviously and not always for public consumption and after as long as I've been married to the Army word gets around fast as we're all spread around the world so I discount somethings quite quickly as I'd of heard about that by now)

Well this needs some urgent clarification....

cj357 said:
Another comment from Tony re cameras and walking out of that area:

"Your statement is not correct David. It is based on a single camera.

Analysis has shown you cannot walk out of that area without being seen - irrespective of the rotation times."

This is within the comments of the 12/11 update, if you'd like to read the context of his response. Comment was around midnight with Tony's reply at 1.37am.

A familiar question by "David";) Unfortunately the answer is still too ambiguous to me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk