The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What charge/s could be brought against Leanna? She wasn't there when Ross left Cooper in the car. It was my understanding that Leanna was thoroughly investigated for nearly two years that resulted in no charges being brought against her.

I don't know what she could be charged with. The States theory doesn't lend itself to her being responsible for Coopers death. I don't get Stoddard's testimony about her.
"No evidence has come forward to bring us up to a level of probable cause that you need to arrest Leanna Harris. We never reached that point," Stoddard said.

He said Leanna Harris has been a suspect since day one, but she is no longer being actively investigated.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...not-a-suspect-in-sons-hot-car-death/460807468

Sometimes they talk to the jury in chambers. I really can;t remember seeing a verdict when the judge made comments like that.

She did take a huge risk. I don't think she will be charged ever.

Didnt she have spousal privilege since she and RH were married at the time?

I'm not sure why Leanne is still considered a suspect by Stoddard. They never found any evidence of a conspiracy to kill Cooper. JMO

I don't think Leanna will ever be charged with anything, and I don't think she was "in" on Cooper's death.

I do wonder if she knew Ross was capable of forgetting or neglecting. (Now I don't think Ross forgot, but I think she does.) She sent him emails, talked about it a lot, etc. IMO, it could seem like she was worried about Ross leaving Cooper in the car. I wonder if he was only convicted of neglect for being distracted, or not convicted at all...if they could have charged her with something. She knew he could forget him and she allowed him to take Cooper anyway. I don't know if that's possible under the law, I'm just throwing that scenario out, because it seems like the LE really wanted to get her for something.

I don't think Leanna will ever be charged with anything, and I don't think she was "in" on Cooper's death.

I do wonder if she knew Ross was capable of forgetting or neglecting. (Now I don't think Ross forgot, but I think she does.) She sent him emails, talked about it a lot, etc. IMO, it could seem like she was worried about Ross leaving Cooper in the car. I wonder if he was only convicted of neglect for being distracted, or not convicted at all...if they could have charged her with something. She knew he could forget him and she allowed him to take Cooper anyway. I don't know if that's possible under the law, I'm just throwing that scenario out, because it seems like the LE really wanted to get her for something.

Leanne wont be charged with a crime because there's no evidence that she committed a crime. I think that LE didn't like her not cooperating with them to their satisfaction. It became personal. JMO

Snipped in consideration of space.
I know - I thought her demeanor was a bit too jovial. Laughing just didn't seem appropriate.

I guess some people just do not get that people in the profession...are capable to dividing their demeanour. What I am saying is..She was happy the jury was able to do there job..showed appreciation and recognition of their challenges. But that does not mean she didn't care about the consequences.

Example...HC worker dealing with a horrific situation..then deals with other's ..Is she really expected to be somber and put that onto the next "Job" at hand?

Personally I don't grieve for Ross's outcome..It was his actions, attitude and behaviour that lead to the decision by these brave citizens. Why the heck should she not thank them..and appreciate their efforts and find some place for smiles for them and their sacrifices!!

I guess..I just have to agree to disagree..mainly because professionally I had to go from dire circumstance into another..and would never include my personal dire feelings to infect the next part of interaction... It's called separation of agenda/goals..2 different things. She did mention Cooper..BUT only during the sentencing will she actually address her thoughts and opinions of what Ross was convicted!!

I don't know what she could be charged with. The States theory doesn't lend itself to her being responsible for Coopers death. I don't get Stoddard's testimony about her.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...not-a-suspect-in-sons-hot-car-death/460807468

I want to preface by saying, I think Leanna wasn't involved in a conspiracy to kill her child. With that said, I find it a little strange that two of her recently added friends on facebook are attorneys for the man she doesn't care if she sees ever again...

(if not allowed, please mod snip)

I want to preface by saying, I think Leanna wasn't involved in a conspiracy to kill her child. With that said, I find it a little strange that two of her recently added friends on facebook are attorneys for the man she doesn't care if she sees ever again...

(if not allowed, please mod snip)

I agree 100%..Leanna was no different than any other friend/acquaintance/co-worker!! No one knew Ross for what he turned out to be. Religion also forced many of them to give benefit of the doubt ( surrounding his long history of admitted *advertiser censored* addiction)..BUT, the depth and breathe of his predilections went way way beyond that ..yet unknown it seems.:gaah:

The only one I wonder about is that guy who monitored his online stuff..then dropped out..and never notified Leanna?? Why? There was a reason he dropped his mission/assignment?? If he had of spoken up sooner..Just maybe Cooper would still be alive :facepalm:

Leanne wont be charged with a crime because there's no evidence that she committed a crime. I think that LE didn't like her not cooperating with them to their satisfaction. It became personal. JMO

I think it's more than that. Many people won't testify against their own spouse. I think they were flabbergasted by the way that Leanna acted immediately following Cooper's death. Her whole focus was on Ross, not on the fact that she had just lost her son. She seemed to be calming him in the interview so he would stick with the plan. "You didn't say too much, did you?"

I'm not saying she is guilty. I am saying that LE believes this was a "plan". Even if it were true they wouldn't have a hope of proving it, so they went for the more likely route to get a conviction against Ross.

Cobb County has one hell of a Prosecution Team! Good for them to be able to succinctly pull together the copious evidence for this jury, while at the same time, respecting the short, sweet life and horrifically premeditated murder of Baby Cooper.

If you were not aware, I came to this trial with a mindset of guilty of premed. Even when members were throwing well-placed curve balls, my heart never wavered. Go Directly to Jail. Do Not Pass Go.

This day is not one for celebrating. There is no applause. There are no toasts for Cheers. Boring did not need to announce to me that JRH had been planning his toddler's death for "some time" and that when the opportunity presented itself, JRH did not waver. He did not hesitate. The heart of JRH is depraved, indifferent and extremely malicious.

Cooper died so that his own father may live a child-free life. Cooper knew his dad missed the turn at daycare. That, imho, is when Cooper said, "School?"

This day is for Cooper. It is not a time for chatter about appeals for three of the eight convictions. GMAFB

I don't think there's evidence. I'm just trying to think of a reason they wouldn't have said she won't be charged with a crime after the verdict. It seemed odd for them to leave that door open publicly, instead of closing it.

Seriously, Leanna took a huge risk in testifying in this trial - she could have asserted her 5th amendment right outside the presence of the jury and never taken the stand.

Based on how the police and prosecution went about arresting and prosecuting Ross, she should expect them to retaliate against her for not cooperating with the State to convict Ross. Stoddard obviously still thinks she is guilty or would like to see her prosecuted. Wonder if she is next? Well, they won't be able to admit all of Ross' deviant behavior in a trial against Leanna.

No they would not have that damning evidence if they were to take LH to trial. I am not sure what all they have against her but based on what I know as of this writing my prediction is for acquittal on any major charge they might bring.

Cobb County has one hell of a Prosecution Team! Good for them to be able to succinctly pull together the copious evidence for this jury, while at the same time, respecting the short, sweet life and horrifically premeditated murder of Baby Cooper.

If you were not aware, I came to this trial with a mindset of guilty of premed. Even when members were throwing well-placed curve balls, my heart never wavered. Go Directly to Jail. Do Not Pass Go.

This day is not one for celebrating. There is no applause. There are no toasts for Cheers. Boring did not need to announce to me that JRH had been planning his toddler's death for "some time" and that when the opportunity presented itself, JRH did not waver. He did not hesitate. The heart of JRH is depraved, indifferent and extremely malicious.

Cooper died so that his own father may live a child-free life. Cooper knew his dad missed the turn at daycare. That, imho, is when Cooper said, "School?"

This day is for Cooper. It is not a time for chatter about appeals for three of the eight convictions. GMAFB

Poor, precious Cooper.:heartbeat:

from today's press conference:

Assistant District Attorney Chuck Boring said jurors told him they were almost unanimously guilty from the beginning of their deliberations.

“They were almost unanimous early on, but they thought there was a duty they had to go through all the evidence and make sure they weren’t missing anything. I really have to tip my hat. They were honestly just amazing,” Boring said. “After going through all the evidence one-by-one, kind of as the investigation did – we thought initially maybe this was a negligent homicide and then the actual facts, the evidence stared us in the face and stared the detectives in the face and you couldn’t ignore it.”

Reynolds said from the first time they talked to detectives in 2014, they knew there was something wrong with this case.

“From the very first day, the Cobb PD, when they reached out to us said, ‘Something isn’t right about this case. There’s something wrong about this case.’ And we didn’t go into the case hoping it would be malice murder. We didn’t go into the case hoping that it would be anything but some God awful, tragic accident, but as brick-by-brick-by-brick-by-brick started laying in front of us, the foundation was built to proceed on with malice murder,” he said.

Boring said he still believes Harris planned Cooper’s death ahead of time.

“This is one of those occasions where actions speak louder than words in this case. Anybody who could do this, and the evidence showed that he did this intentionally, he had malice in his heart,” Boring said. “It’s oftentimes with these cases we deal with, if it’s somebody in a position of responsibility, somebody in a religious organization, something like that, that everybody in the world thinks is this great person, oftentimes we find that those are the people that take advantage of the most vulnerable, and I think this case kind of screams that.”

During trial, prosecutors called more than 50 witnesses to the stand. When they rested their case, the defense asked for a directed verdict, saying they didn’t believe the state had proved its case – but jurors clearly disagreed.

“I believe categorically, unequivocally, justice was served today,” Reynolds said.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...ath-trial-not-a-reason-to-celebrate/467204508

I think it's more than that. Many people won't testify against their own spouse. I think they were flabbergasted by the way that Leanna acted immediately following Cooper's death. Her whole focus was on Ross, not on the fact that she had just lost her son. She seemed to be calming him in the interview so he would stick with the plan. "You didn't say too much, did you?"

I'm not saying she is guilty. I am saying that LE believes this was a "plan". Even if it were true they wouldn't have a hope of proving it, so they went for the more likely route to get a conviction against Ross.

I think this made them
So you think it's possible that Leanne conspired with Ross to kill Cooper but covered her tracks so that only Ross was arrested and tried for his murder. Interesting.

What was her possible motive for killing Cooper?

Random side question: does anyone know anything about whiskey? I found a 33 year old, unopened bottle of Jim Beam in the back of my grandpa's pantry when I cleaned out his house this weekend. I wrapped it very well and brought it home in my luggage, but I wonder if it is still good. Anyone know?

I also found a 38 year old bottle of wine that is numbered as one of a limited number of "estate bottled" wines. But the cork has disintegrated a bit it looks like. I brought that home too.

Definitely still good. Even better, it'll be more smooth. There are collectors of (empty) bottles out there. Not that you'd make many $, but you might make someone very happy. Some put up ads for a specific year, their goal buying as far back in time as possible then on the look out for a bottle for every year after. Cheers!

What a pity the wine's corked! Don't even attempt to drink it, though you could make enquiries of the estate as they may have an interest due to being #1 in a limited edition batch.

I don't think there's evidence. I'm just trying to think of a reason they wouldn't have said she won't be charged with a crime after the verdict. It seemed odd for them to leave that door open publicly, instead of closing it.
Well we aren't privy to their jail house convos.

So you think it's possible that Leanne conspired with Ross to kill Cooper but covered her tracks so that only Ross was arrested and tried for his murder. Interesting.

What was her possible motive for killing Cooper?

I'm not saying that I believe that. I don't know one way or the other. I find her behavior very strange so it raises questions when someone doesn't behave as you expect them to. It doesn't necessarily mean they're guilty. It just makes you wonder.

What I am saying is that I believe that LE believes that she conspired and that is why they were investigating her.

Excellent Post!!! You are right this day should be about Cooper and not about anyone else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend