UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh and popping out to the bins at that time in your residential area with your hood up just as a man who has been missing for 7 weeks is there perfectly normal behaviour too? Pretty sure all the residents in that area know about Corrie. So if you are implying it's a resident why wouldn't they have come forward to say.. hey yeah I'm the guy being normal in my hoodie at that hour going into the bin area the same time as Corrie.

If it's your normal routine to walk down that way every night the presence of someone who later disappears doesn't make it any less normal.

It may well be a resident and we just haven't been told about it precisely to try and stop needless speculation, it this is the case imo it would actually have been better to be open from the start

I agree that bumping into anyone just when you planned to have a pee is probably going to make you want to zip back up but we'll have to agree to differ about the hood, people coming out of clubs are going to be dressed differently to people going about any other business in the middle of the night. We know the market was going to be shortly setting up and my bet would be that stallholders at that time in the morning would be pretty likely to have a hood or hat to keep warm.

Unless/until we know there actually was a person this is a moot point anyway

The thing is it's not a normal circumstance is it. Guy seen in dark clothing with a hoodie up in same area within 4 minutes of time as a man who has been missing 7 weeks and presumed dead, agreeing to disagree that that doesn't look suspicious? Hmmm ok then :)

Hoodies up have been banned in many public places in the U.K.The Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) To control organised crime and antisocial behaviour. I'm not saying everyone with a hoodie up is a criminal but in this circumstance it is suspicious behaviour.

The thing is it's not a normal circumstance is it. Guy seen in dark clothing with a hoodie up in same area within 4 minutes of time as a man who has been missing 7 weeks and presumed dead, agreeing to disagree that that doesn't look suspicious? Hmmm ok then :)

Hoodies up have been banned in many public places in the U.K.The Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) To control organised crime and antisocial behaviour. I'm not saying everyone with a hoodie up is a criminal but in this circumstance it is suspicious behaviour.

It's news to me that hoodies have been banned in many public places. Are we talking about the same UK?!

Another response from Tony just now:

Appears I need to be less subtle.

It has been established that a person could not leave the 'Horseshoe' area on foot without being caught on camera.

Corrie is not seen leaving the 'Horseshoe' area on foot on any of the cameras in the time window being considered.

There are people and vehicles in the area - some are of interest to the investigation, some are not.

Lines of inquiry continue - some of which may be visible in BSE in the next 24/48 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm probably over analyzing here, but is there some sort of clue in uncle Tony's cryptic comment. Is it possible Corrie left after the time window being considered .... Are they still looking for the people/vehicles that are of interest .... Is the alleged hooded guy one of them .... How does this tie up with today's searches and lastly, have the further tests been done on the bin lorry?

IMO only the wearing of a hood at any time of day in itself isn't a suspicious activity and I'm reserving judgement here until we know a little more

This may sound base, but most men - gay or straight and feeling horny - will accept sex if it's offered regardless of whether they've just eaten smelly kebabs etc.
Chances are a person has had a late night kebab as well. Who hasnt had a curry, kebad food after a good session.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

It's news to me that hoodies have been banned in many public places. Are we talking about the same UK?!

They are certainly banned in many enclosed shopping centres, along with baseball caps, to prevent troublemakers hiding their faces from CCTV cameras. But then, these areas are private property, not public spaces.

They are and have been banned in certain areas including privately owned public spaces. This has been happening for over a decade. As I said it doesn't mean everyone with a hoodie is up to no good but you cannot dismiss that it can be considered he is attempting to hide his identity, keeping in mind where he was and at what time he was there.
I didn't really like the sarcastic tone towards me suggesting this above, yes I was talking about the same UK and I'm not in the habit of making things up. Maybe try a simple google search before belittling me. We are all here for the same goal aren't we?

oh and popping out to the bins at that time in your residential area with your hood up just as a man who has been missing for 7 weeks is there perfectly normal behaviour too?

Actually it is possibly weird because those bins are commercial ones. Would they be used by the people living in the flats nearby?

Or are any of the businesses entitled to use the bins operating at that time of the morning, eg early bakers at Greggs?

I am sorry, didn't mean to be sarcastic. Can I clarify did you mean that hoodies were banned altogether, or that having the actual hood up is a problem in certain areas? My sons all love their hoodies!

I live on a high street and us residents can get into big trouble and heavy fines for using the commercial bins by our flats that the businesses pay for, keeping in mind we know there is CCTV and businesses often get fined for fly tippers leaving things around there bins, so often Greggs opposite me have had the CCTV scanned to see if it's the residents leaving things in their bins and around it. It could have been a resident and they could have been dumping something hence why they wanted to not show there face, but surely the CCTV would show him carrying obvious objects to dump and not have it on the way out of the area therefore discounting him as suspicious.

I was being told that having a hoodie up is not suspicious at all at should be ignored, that is was probably a person who was chilly or setting up a market stall etc. I went on to say that it is suspicious considering where he was and at what time, and went on to say that even the authorities consider hoodies up as a connection to organised crime and antisocial behaviour especially in suburban areas by young people, so surely telling me that it isn't suspicious to the events at that time is incorrect.
Most perps know most towns and cities have CCTV so will go to an extend of covering their identity up. Unless the perp if there is one really doesn't care if he is identified I'm sure he would try and hide his appearance, if it was premeditated :)

Another search going on today (sorry if this has been mentioned already!): Police to search in Beck Row for missing airman Corrie McKeague

"Police will be conducting a further search for missing RAF serviceman Corrie McKeague in Beck Row, a civil parish in Suffolk, later today (Tuesday, 15 November).

This follows efforts made today after police closed one lane of the A14, east of Bury St Edmunds, at 10am this morning."

Mum has confirmed his phone was in the bin and Corrie wasn't with his phone. Don't know how to upload a screenshot??

I can't see Nicola's comment about phone ... can someone give me a clue?

Really feels like they're close now.

The post that has 1000+ replies, there is a screenshot towards the bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members