The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all of the above.

I understood the defense a bit better when I learned that Kilgore was primarily an expert in the APPEALS Process. I think that is where they are placing their best hopes. Maybe that is why Ross seemed to just accept the verdict so calmly?

That's what I've been thinking too. I think they talked about the appeal and Ross faced the verdict with a plan in place. He's ready to move to the next stage.

I'm very curious what they say the grounds for the appeal will be.

You saw brilliant, I saw sub par. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. He should have shocked and awed, instead he fed the state ammunition.

Exactly. Kilgore was competent but hardly brilliant. No grief expert? No psychiatrist lined up to explain special snowflake Ross and his emotional reactions.
He has the big gun FBS expert, Diamond. Fifty slides!
Instead he calls in the junior varsity, Brewer.
Underwhelming

(please feel free to scroll and roll)
Thank you for this post, dizzy. I believe it was you that had brought up the testosterone a few weeks ago and at the time there wasn't much discussion about it, but it's been on my mind a lot. Prescription drugs have real side effects and I've seen some times very innocuous prescription drugs (Chantex) lead to murder. They can destroy lives and I had hoped that some more testimony had been brought up about the "escalation" and the possible reasons behind it.
(Please feel free to scroll and roll)

I think you make a good point, but I don't think it's been established that he was still taking any type of hormone supplement. I recall that LH had posted a comment on a YouTube video saying JRH was using supplements at some point, I think when they were trying to have a baby, but other than that I don't think we have info.

The thing is, I don't think he had erectile dysfunction with anyone other than LH. I mentioned in an earlier thread that RH seemed to have a mindset about "women you marry, and women you f*ck". LH was obviously the type you marry, and she tried her best to be a good wife from what I can tell. But she basically had to parent RH and he resented that, so he wasn't sexually attracted to her. But the forbidden, naughty naughty behaviors that he was engaging in gave him the excitement he needed.

I'm not a big fan of LH, but I hope she has an excellent therapist who can help her see her true worth as a person and help her realize the sexual problems in their marriage were not her fault in the least. And this is going to sound really weird, but one of the symptoms of hypothyroidism is extremely thin eyebrows on the outer third of the brow, and seeing her in court made me wonder if she might have a thyroid problem. (This comment is not intended as an insult to her appearance, merely an observation. I'm a nurse so I'm trained to notice physical manifestations of disease processes.) She looked nice in court - her hair was colored/highlighted, her makeup was nice, her outfits appeared to be be conservative and appropriate to the setting...it's possible the defense team made sure she looked good, but my hope is that she has begun to rebuild her life to a degree and has indulged in enhancing her appearance so her outward appearance reflects her inward healing.

I still think they had a very odd, awkward, unbalanced relationship but I'm at the point now where I think the only "involvement" she may have had was possibly suspecting RH of being capable of killing Cooper OR knowing he had taken risks with Cooper's safety before and hadn't taken steps to prevent it.

The whole "my/our biggest fear" thing bothers me a lot. My biggest fear has been losing a child, under any circumstances. I haven't had any one thing that scares me more than another...I've worried about SIDS, drowning, strangling on cords, getting hit by a car, having heavy furniture fall on them, getting abducted, and a large variety of other worst-case scenarios, but don't have one specific thing that scares me more than others. I just want them safe and healthy! So it makes me really wonder why they were both so scared of the hot car death, and why the hell they didn't take every possible precaution to prevent it.

You said you can tell he's really guilty just by seeing his lack of emotions upon hearing the verdict...... 'nuf said.

What I saw was consistency in how the man displays shock. To each her own.

Stopped by again to object to the trashing of Kilgore, but am past done with the futility of the exercise.

May you find good cake wherever you next land.

I don't see any one 'trashing' Kilgore. Everyone agrees he is a good attorney but many think his ending was anti-climactic.

It is hard to argue that he is an incredible or fantastic attorney given the final verdict. Maybe he will pull a fantastic appeal and get a retrial. Time will tell.

Chiming in late here, but just want to say that I don't envy what the jurors had to go through and I commend them for working through the evidence diligently. I think it's quite unfair to say they were biased and only convicted on malice because of the sexting charges. All 12 of them? Rather, I think that the physical proximity of Cooper to RH and the quick time between breakfast and "forgetting", not to mention the triggers and weird lightbulb trip was enough. Is it possible that in all those opportunities he didn't see or remember Cooper? It must have been as highly infinitesimally possible to them as it was to me - 0.00000001% doubt to me is not reasonable doubt.

One other thing - the arguments often cited against guilt in many cases, not just this one, is that "if he intended that, why would he do that? Or not do that (i.e., erase things, etc.)?" never holds much water with me. One of the most common traits that murderers or criminals share is arrogance - they think they are a smarter than everyone else and will get away with what they are doing - if they thought they would get caught, they wouldn't commit the crime in the first place. The other is impulsivity. They cannot control themselves. Also, once the crime is committed or the deed is done, one investigator/homicide cop said that the adrenalin and stress causes what's called "the full tilt boogie" and lots of things are forgotten or not dealt with - thinking isn't clear. Otherwise almost everyone would commit the perfect crime. Thank goodness they don't.

As for Leanna...weird. But responsible? I thought for awhile she might be complicit but after realizing that RH is likely a narcissist sociopath, and she is his victim too, the way she twisted herself into denial and self-justification about all this is par for the course for an enabler/victim. One of my friends was in a devastating relationship with someone like Ross, and she didn't even lose a child, but she isn't even close to being alright and it's been 6 months. I have a lot of sympathy for Leanna.

Speaking of victims. Poor little Cooper. I can't allow myself to think about what he went through or I will start sobbing uncontrollably. RIP little guy. You deserved better. :(

ohhh.....

Asked by reporters about whether Taylor was still under investigation, Boring said, “We’ll leave that to Cobb County police.”

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/jury-nearly-unanimous-in-ross-harris-guilt-from-de/ns8Bw/

Taylor says "the problem is not the parent", well whose problem is it, the child's? She must really be in denial, the fact is, IF it was an accident, if his mind had been on his son instead of his perverted thoughts and sexting maybe then he would have remembered he had a son to take to daycare. How could he forget what was a routine? And if it wasn't intentional, why was he googling child free lifestyle. All the pieces of the puzzle come together to form the true picture. I think the jury got it right. JMO

I agree with all of the above.

I understood the defense a bit better when I learned that Kilgore was primarily an expert in the APPEALS Process. I think that is where they are placing their best hopes. Maybe that is why Ross seemed to just accept the verdict so calmly?

Wondering if Diamond didn't testify because he's the ace for the appeal. Maybe dt decided it wasn't going well and they didn't want to show their cards if they don't have to.

Kilgore did an outstanding job and so did his partners. He did as well or better as any lawyer could with the hand he was dealt.

And unlike so many defense attorneys, he focused on the actual facts and argued the law. He did not try to paint Ross as saintly victim at all. Compare him to ...say, Nurmi, Wilmott or Baez.

Wondering if Diamond didn't testify because he's the ace for the appeal. Maybe dt decided it wasn't going well and they didn't want to show their cards if they don't have to.

He will play no part in the appeal since he was not part of the trial

Kilgore did an outstanding job and so did his partners. He did as well or better as any lawyer could with the hand he was dealt.

And unlike so many defense attorneys, he focused on the actual facts and argued the law. He did not try to paint Ross as saintly victim at all. Compare him to ...say, Nurmi, Wilmott or Baez.

BBM

Those are my feelings as well. Ross was a terrible, unlikable client, and the evidence did nothing to help the defense's case. However, Kilgore and team did the best that they could.

Having said that, something happened during the DT's presentation of its case. The end was simply catastrophic for them. Dr. Brewer moved more than a few people into the malice category, and the final witness was so bland. The DT did not have a single exclamation point for their case. I saw nothing in the DT's case that was beneficial to Ross. The State's rebuttal witness, or more precisely watching LH's video with LE, put the final nail in the coffin. Kilgore was excellent on cross, but the entire DT's case was weak IMO. They just fell apart.

I took it for 1 month I coundt tell it did anything and I didnt quit smoking either LOL I wished it had worked cause my lungs are shot

Dizzy - you can quit, easily. Use the vapor cigarettes and the gum. I quit after 35 years of heavy smoking - overnight. It was so easy I could not believe it. I recommend blu e-cigs and
Nicorette, 4 mg, coated gum.

I am 4 years cigarette free, after I was introduced to the blu e-cigs, I never even thought about smoking a cigarette again.

It can also be found here:
http://www.11alive.com/news/local/r...-of-you-who-want-to-know-if-i-am-ok/351894496

....The problem is not the parent! The problem is a society that refuses to believe this can happen to them! Wake up! Accept it! And by accepting it you will be protecting your child!.....

I'm still shaking my head over this part of her statement.

So tell me Leanna, if the parent is not the problem, then who IS to blame? Cooper? The car manufacturer? The baby seat manufacturer? ChickFilA? Home Depot? Oh wait, it's a society in denial that's the problem.

WTF?????????

It's not something that just "happens", like rain falling out of the sky, or day turning to night (and even in those examples there's a predictability to the events). Someone put Cooper in the car that day, he didn't get in by himself. And someone left him in the car that day. It didn't just "happen".

Something is very messed up in her thinking process, IMO. I feel bad for her that she lost her child, but I get the distinct impression I feel worse for Cooper than she does.

Right, but he comes up short in comparison, if you look at the final results. Baez got his client off scot free. Nurmi saved his worthless client from the Death Penalty.

Both attorney in this case did their job and did it well. All the evidence was presented to the jurors, and all 12 reviewed them and all 12 came to the same agreement. Isn’t that what they are suppose to do? They, like me and many others, had a hard time believing one can forget their child right after strapping them in the car seat, in great detail, then in 30 seconds forgets. Very suspicious IMO. Then doesn’t see his son in the car seat which is a few inches away? Very suspicious. Then the whole HD/lightbulb scenario, another suspicious. All 12 jurors took the evidence and again, all came to the same conclusion.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...eady-beginning-paperwork-for-appeal/467213635

Ross Harris' attorney already beginning paperwork for appeal

--snip
[Kilgore] said after the verdict was read, Harris, who didn’t show much emotion in the courtroom, told them he could finally begin to grieve his son’s death.

“Ross didn’t say a word. Not one word about what happened in that courtroom. Instead, he recognized that now he can begin the grieving process that he’s not been able to go through the last two-plus years. And he talked about Cooper -- how much he misses him, how much he’s missed him since June 18, 2014, how much he’ll continue to miss him,” Kilgore said.

They can appeal all they want but its not going to change anything. Buh Bye Ross Harris. Enjoy your life in prison.

Honestly, do you think the DT is going to admit Ross is guilty on all accounts? They are the ones who defended him because Ross is entitled to a defense, right? Why would they still not defend him? They have to poke holes in the States case because there is always 2 sides to every story. Is the DT needing more money? Lol.. Why would they go the extra mile after 12 jurors made their decision that Ross is guilty on all accounts. IMO, it didn’t take much to find him guilty on all accounts.

What can the DT do anydifferently to prove Ross’ innocence? Either the jury buys it, or they don’t. In this case they didn’t. Whatmore can the DT add? IMO, nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member