The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want video with audio of RH saying that. Not second hand from Kilgore. I recall CA's attorney said the same thing about her "now being able to grieve."

She was in jail four years, he has been in jail over two years--neither had the time or frame of mind to grieve?

Sounds to me like Kilgore wants his client to appear as still inconsolable over the accidental death of his son. That's how I felt about Baez and his quoting a similar comment from [supposedly] his client.

If he was found not guilty would he still finally decide to grieve the child he killed? I think if RH said this he was really meaning he would be grieving his loss of a sordid sex life he thought he was going back to.

RH doesn't have schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a horrendous mental illness that causes hallucinations and/ or delusions (psychosis). I find it really offensive to say that RH probably has schizophrenia because he killed his baby. Most people with schizophrenia are not violent at all and struggle enough without the misconceptions and stigma attached to their condition.

So, did she not get the $27,000 life insurance policy?

If so, was it used to pay for RH's defense, instead?

I'm absolutely disgusted. It's not that expensive, I call BS - what in the SAM HILL is wrong with these people #! $@!!!!!!!!!!!

Like under $200 right?

I was busy moving from Dallas to the northwest so I missed most of any national news back in 2014 . I was wondering if there had been any cases prior to Cooper's of a hot car death where the parent was not charged and maybe given alot of media attention sympathy, go fund me money etc etc that might have influenced a person who then attempted to recreate the incident in hopes of getting that same attention , money etc ? Anyone remember anything like this prior to 6/18/2014 ???

I think there are circumstances where FBS can kick in, even if you are a loving caretaker. One needs to be able to recognize the circumstances that could create it.

My Mom came to stay with us when our second child was born because my husband had to take a job in London for 6 weeks. And she was going to specifically help with dropping off/picking up my 4 yr old to and from preschool and play dates. Very occasionally she took our infant along for the ride. Because it was 'out of the routine' and because she had heard about a tragic hot car death where a grandmother forgot, my mother was concerned about her own ability to remember. It was unusual for her to drive babies around anymore. :baby:

So we used the teddy bear in the baby seat method. And we thought we made it up ourselves. LOL She used to keep a hot pink giant Teddy in our daughters infant seat and removed it when the baby came for a ride too. And she'd put it up in the front passenger seat so she knew both kids were there with her.

I never thought I needed it, but I did it because by then my son loved the fun routine of Pinkie riding along with him every day.

Anyway, my Mom is a very loving nurturing grandmother. But it was not a normal routine for her to have a 6 wk old infant with her in the car so Pinkie served an important role in keeping my baby girl safe.

Hmm...interesting thought I had from your post about your mom not being used to driving around with a newborn. It seems to me that most cases of FBS I've heard about involve toddlers / older babies. If this is so involuntary and cause by some change to the routine, I wonder why new parents aren't forgetting their weeks old babies in the car.

Has anyone posted the statement by Leanna's attorney? I am shocked that Cooper has no headstone? (sorry this is so small - I could not copy and adjust size)

View attachment 104700

I can't believe her church community wouldn't raise the funds for a marker if they were only asked. Also, sometimes the funeral home will donate the headstone for a child. :waitasec:

The major hurdle the DT will have is the extensive judicial experience of this long time judge. She has been a Cobb County Superior judge and was the chief judge for several years. So I think she knew what judicial latitude she had to support her rulings. I bet she knew what appeals were looming and she knew what the prevailing cases and decisions were that could give her cover. I doubt she made many judicial errors or reversible decisions, even if they seemed biased. If she had some legal foundation former decisions, which I believe she had or she would not have ruled that way, then it will be hard to get a new trial, imo.

JMO :cow:

Agreed. And I don;t know the extend of what information was allowed in about sexting - anything not directly related to the events of that day may be problematic, except they were using that to show motive, so may be given some leeway - but as to the hearsay, that, IMO, was a totally proper ruling, very proper and will not be overturned.

The hearsay they wanted to bring in was related to evidence never introduced. So it is wholly irrelevant. The evidence spoke for itself. The only evidence that could've been affected by bias - the police statements about his demeanor at the scene, seems to not have even played much of a part in the decision.

my stupid piece of work ex husband left my dog in the truck after going to rent a movie when the Texas heat was around 80's. After the movie was over I asked him " where's Brandy?" she loved to go bye bye, so I ran outside to the truck and found her on the driver's side laying down almost gone. While screaming to the top of my lungs calling him every name in the book I made him carry her cause she was almost dead to the garage and I soaked her with the water hose. I had to help her drink water. It was the weekend and we had no vet's in that area 30 miles south of Dallas where we lived. She did recover faster than I thought she would. She was a 55 pound brindle and white pitbull and a wonderful kind gentle loving dog. I never forgot about that and made sure he didnt take her again. He was just a big 6 foot 8 lummox with nothing on his mind but sex and my next paycheck . I can still get my pressue elevated just thinking about this.

I put Brandy to sleep several years later at the age of 13, she was so sweet. I miss her still so much

Right, definitely not an advocate for change. To me, LH sounds more like an advocate for the "accidents" to just continue. Her words imply sympathy not for kids but for the parent who leaves a child in a hot car. She insists hot car deaths have happened and will continue to happen through no one's fault and everyone will just have to accept it and quit trying to hold parents accountable.

I have followed this case on here, and in the media, but I haven't been able to watch the trial daily. I depended on WS to keep me in tune with what was going on.

Just for S & G, I watched a few days of this trial.

I just finished watching Day 17 Part 6, Cross Examination of the wife.

Can I just say Shades of Jodi Arias????????????

Everything I have read on here has depicted her as under his spell, brainless, totally devoted to Ross.... when I watched this video I saw utter manipulation and twisting of words and literal evidence of text message times, text messages, etc... the evading of answering questions directly and answering questions with a differing time but still the same time... in other words, she would never say yes or no but had a way of admitting it but making the person questioning her wrong.....

examples.... when he said movie started at 5 right? She started to disagree and then said yes. He then said you talked to him at 4 right? she responds I sent him the text around 3:50. He said then you all talked at 4:04 correct? He is looking at phone record and reads 4:04. Instead of saying yes she says it was shortly after I sent that text. And it goes on and on. Everything lawyer says she has to politely correct him in his ineptness. And I do believe this was Ross's lawyer. Very quick on the feet, lounging back in her chair very comfortable. This goes on for the whole testimony. Calm cool collected and able to in a second think of a comeback that seem to correct a wrong conclusion.... this really reminded me of JA. She seems to me to be very confident and assured, not a woman who totally depends upon a man to the point that the death of her only child matters little if any.... I actually now think... I'm not going to go there.

I just know that I do not see what others have depicted her to be.

Here is the video if anyone wants to watch. It's really interesting how when the questioner says she had an argument thru text and she says it's not arguement it is disagreement and he goes line by line of the arguement and how she twists and distorts each line, all while she lounges back and is calm and self assured.

All my opinion of course......

[video=youtube;4Yy1NyH9oxU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yy1NyH9oxU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yy1NyH9oxU[/video]

I can imagine how many sick women will be writing to RH and sending him commissary funds....

He should be forced to pay for the headstone actually

I can imagine how many sick women will be writing to RH and sending him commissary funds....

He should be forced to pay for the headstone actually

oh lord no way he's such a hound dog, woof woof lol (sorry)

RH doesn't have schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a horrendous mental illness that causes hallucinations and/ or delusions (psychosis). I find it really offensive to say that RH probably has schizophrenia because he killed his baby. Most people with schizophrenia are not violent at all and struggle enough without the misconceptions and stigma attached to their condition.

My apologies are extended. I will attend a funeral this Saturday for my BFs SIL, 60yoF, who has had schizophrenia since her early twenties. She never lashed out at the public or at her family and friends. I would not want my words to imply the disorder leads to killings b/c that simply is not true.

Has anyone posted the statement by Leanna's attorney? I am shocked that Cooper has no headstone? (sorry this is so small - I could not copy and adjust size)

attachment.php

Sometimes it's best to say nothing.................

Might have been best to keep that headstone information out of public information..........wish I didn't know that! However, we all know there are likely folks contributing to that right now!

Like under $200 right?
I just bought a very nice one with personal art chiseled on granite for $1,500. You can certainly find them for much cheaper.

Between LH, Grandparents and a $27,000 life insurance payout, there is ZERO reason this baby should have an aluminum plate to signify his existence.

He is as forgotten and discarded as what I saw in the LE interviews. I can understand shock, but 2 and a half years later, nobody can find a few dollars to show this poor baby ANY respect?

I'm done, I feel ZERO sympathy or respect for LH. IMO, that message from her attorney was a sympathy plea for money. Don't buy it folks, if it was a priority for her or anyone in her family, it would already have been done.

View attachment 104700

Has she not been working since June 2014? Or is she just now going to bother to start saving for a headstone?

Has she not been working since June 2014? Or is she just now going to bother to start saving for a headstone?

I assumed they didn't have a headstone because it would attract people to visit his grave - strangers, prying public, etc.

I don't blame her for not wanting that.

jmo

The verdict in this case is what it is and the appeals process will go the way it goes. I want the conviction to stick because I think he's guilty. I want his sentence to stick because he needs to pay. But even on the off chance that some part of this gets overturned, a clear message has now been sent to parents who might be considering this type of murder as fool proof.

I just bought a very nice one with personal art chiseled on granite for $1,500. You can certainly find them for much cheaper.

Between LH, Grandparents and a $27,000 life insurance payout, there is ZERO reason this baby should have an aluminum plate to signify his existence.

He is as forgotten and discarded as what I saw in the LE interviews. I can understand shock, but 2 and a half years later, nobody can find a few dollars to show this poor baby ANY respect?

I'm done, I feel ZERO sympathy or respect for LH. IMO, that message from her attorney was a sympathy plea for money. Don't buy it folks, if it was a priority for her or anyone in her family, it would already have been done.

Geez do what ross did...put it on the credit card for miles....she is crazy if she thinks anyone believes this....didn't they have a go fund me at one point iirc and HD paid for funeral, right?

How about that new house in a great school district down payment? Or the money they saved not going on the cruise....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998