TX TX - Natasha Atchley, 19, Livingston, 3 May 1992

coco

Reaction score
Just posting a thread on the Natasha Ann Atchley case, I can't find anything on it except for a summary of the case on findmonica.org.
I can't imagine why since as far as I know, this is a unsolved brutual murder
Apparently, according to the site, her charred remains were discovered by her mother in Natasha's car, there were no feet or hand bones amongst the remains.
Anyway here's some of the stats of the victim from the findmonica site -

Natasha Ann Atchley
DOB: May 11, 1972
Date Of Homocide: May 3, 1992
Age At Death: 19
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 145 lbs

I found a link to a website about classes of (Permian High School, Odessa, Texas) wanting info on a deceased student of that exact full name. No clue if its the same person the speak of but if it is then perhaps contacting the school or the webmaster of that website might put you in contact with someone who might know more case details.

http://www.permian.net/1990.html

docwho3 said:
I found a link to a website about classes of (Permian High School, Odessa, Texas) wanting info on a deceased student of that exact full name. No clue if its the same person the speak of but if it is then perhaps contacting the school or the webmaster of that website might put you in contact with someone who might know more case details.

http://www.permian.net/1990.html
http://www.permian.net/d1990.html

I would assume it is - I doubt there was another person with the same exact name, date of birth and date of death. Not to mention they mark her as having been murdered and it being unsolved. :)

I'd certainly hate to calculate the odds on that though if there were!

DPS asks for public's help solving the 1992 San Jacinto County murder

The Texas Department of Public Safety is seeking the communities' help solving the 1992 murder of Natasha Atchley in Shepherd, Texas.

The Montgomery County Crime Stoppers is offering a reward up to $1,000 for any information that leads to a felony arrest.

Texas Rangers Cold Case Investigation Details

On 05-03-1992 at approximately 10:00 AM, after 19 year-old Natasha Ann Atchley attended a late night / early morning birthday party in Shepherd (San Jacinto County); her car was found burned on a rural dirt road approximatelya mile from the party. Natasha’s body was located in the trunk of her hatchback car. Natasha previously attended school in nearby Livingston (Polk County), but moved and graduated from Odessa Permian High School in 1990. Atchley was visiting friends from the Livingston area at the time of her murder.

GetImage.aspx

DPS asks for public's help solving the 1992 San Jacinto County murder

Texas Rangers Cold Case Investigation Details

On 05-03-1992 at approximately 10:00 AM, after 19 year-old Natasha Ann Atchley attended a late night / early morning birthday party in Shepherd (San Jacinto County); her car was found burned on a rural dirt road approximatelya mile from the party. Natasha’s body was located in the trunk of her hatchback car. Natasha previously attended school in nearby Livingston (Polk County), but moved and graduated from Odessa Permian High School in 1990. Atchley was visiting friends from the Livingston area at the time of her murder.

GetImage.aspx

Thank you, JusticeWillBeServed. Bumping for Natasha.

Endless theories about what exactly happened to Natasha that night are still being offered 28 years later.

Dr. Alan Ashworth, a former resident of Natasha’s hometown of Livingston, Texas, has dedicated many years to sifting through the theories hoping to uncover the truth and has written three books about the case.

“I believe we can solve this case,” Ashworth told Dateline. “I believe we have. But now it’s up to the authorities. I can solve the case, but I can’t make the arrests.”

The case is now in the hands of the Texas Ranger Unsolved Crimes Investigation Team. Dateline reached out for comment, but has not heard back.

Retired Sheriff’s Deputy Tom Branch told Dateline he stays in touch with the investigators on the team and said they are continuing to work the case. He said they believe the case is solvable and urges anyone with information to reach out to the Texas Rangers team or Crime Stoppers.

A cash reward of $15,000 from family and friends, along with $3,000 from Crime Stoppers, is being offered for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of Natasha’s killer(s).

If you have information about Natasha’s case, call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477) or submit a tip through the Texas Rangers’ Cold Case website.

Family, friends fight for justice in brutal 1992 murder of 19-year-old Natasha Atchley whose remains were found inside burned out car in rural Shepherd, Texas

@AmandaReckonwith unfortunately that showed on my iPhone as a black screen no matter how much I scrolled, using both Safari and Firefox for mobile. :( Do you have an Imgur account? That usually works well with mobiles.

It's very surprising and sad that Natasha's case doesn't get more attention. This case is begging for a professional author or longform journalist to bring her story forward!! I hope her friends never give up fighting for justice.

Is 'Secrets in a Small Town' based on a true story? Here's all you need to know

There are several real-life cases that have some uncanny resemblances with this tragic case. For example, KHOU 11 reported that 19-year-old cheerleader
Natasha Atchley was found burned and dead in the trunk of her car in 1992 after she went to a party in the small town of Shepherd, Texas.
The case was about to get easily solved with a witness coming forward to tell a story about two people who allegedly beat her up at the party,
but that person later changed their story. Since then, the case has remained unsolved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back