IL - Kyrian Knox, 2, Rockford, mutilated, 20 Aug 2015 - #2 *not guilty*

[video=youtube;z6Tdu8DSomo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Tdu8DSomo[/video]

"Chicago Police detectives have made an arrest in the murder and decapitation of a 2-year-old boy found in a West Side park lagoon last year, officials announced Tuesday. By Sam Charles"
Chicago Sun-Times
Nov 15 16

Just caught up with the posts after seeing this in the news. I'm so glad an arrest has finally been made and justice is coming for sweet Kyrian!

Kamel Harris is NOT cooperative, taken into custody last night (requested counselling?) <-- nm... attorney.
The major break was that he denied the baby had ever been inside his vehicle. Once we took it with a SW, we recovered the babys blood in the vehicle.

?? I can't hear.
We have NOT been able to determine the COD.

It took 7-8 months to confirm the blood was his. (WHAT?)

The baby ingested some milk, was lactose intolerant, kept crying, K snapped.

My feed ends.
This is what I always figured would be the answer. Not lactose intolerance, per se, but that little Kyrian was cranky, fussy, and Kamel snapped. Happens all of the time.

Mom was not the greatest of mothers, but I never pegged her for the murder. For one thing, the logistics didn't work. And for all her ranting on FB, I don't believe she had it in her to kill and dismember her baby.

I am relieved and heartbroken at the same time. This case and the Walsh case have been exceptionally painful to follow. Rest in peace, sweet boy. Peace and prayers for the family.

I've been away from WS, and I saw the flurry of posts on Sweet Little Kyrian's thread.

I'm heartbroken, yet beyond relieved that LE has accomplished this much. They truly never gave up! I can't put into words the fury I feel that it ended this way, that anyone would dare not cooperate, that all of his precious little body has not been found. :anguish:

I hope this monster pays dearly for this heinous crime. I hold out hope for the maximum. Perhaps he did cover for her. It's never too late for new charges.

Kyrian deserves his justice!

Fly high, Baby Boy! You've changed my heart, and I'll remember you, always....

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw the news! I'm so very relieved Kyrian will get justice.

I wonder if more arrests will be forthcoming? I still feel strongly that Lanisha needs to be charged with negligence or reckless endangerment. She is in no way off the hook in my book. Sorry I am trying to be victim friendly. I hope she doesn't have any more children.
Rest in peace little Kyrian. Finally.&#128147;&#128147;&#128147;

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kyrian-...eged-motive-in-toddlers-murder-dismemberment/

--snip
The boy’s grandmotherCameshia Harris told WBBM newsradio she hopes Harris “rots in jail.” She said she was incredulous at the alleged motive.

“And that’s a reason to kill a baby?” she said. “And dismember him? And throw him away like he was nothing?”
~~~
He was expected to face a Cook County judge on Wednesday, the station reported. A lawyer for him couldn’t immediately be located.

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Missing-Boy-328454341.html

--snip

23 news spoke with Kyrian's Grandmother who said she knew from the start Kamel Harris was behind the gruesome murder of her grandson.

On the one year anniversary of the memorial service for Kyrian Knox the toddlers Grandmother says she is now crying tears of joy instead of tears of sorrow as justice comes for her grandson who was brutally murdered.

"He's just going to get his day in court. He's charged with first degree murder and I'm just happy for that. He's going to get convicted and there's nothing he can do. There's no turning, he can't run from it anymore. No more running, he can't run anymore. No more lies. Man up and tell the truth."

Harris is expected to appear in court tomorrow. Cameshia says although she won't be able to make it several family members plan on being there.

I can't remember if this release was discussed here previously, but when Kamel was being held in Rockford for assaulting the DCF officer, and their new baby was missing, then not, and Danyelle was being held for a bit...

She bonded out of Rockford on 8/15. That fits in nicely with the 'leads that were developed simultaneously' as the blood results came back.

Finally got to watch the presser from yesterday.

So the lagoon was chosen because Kamel grew up in the area and was familiar with it. That answers one of my million questions at least.

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20161116/garfield-park/garfield-park-lagoon-kamel-harris
Man Said He 'F----- Up' After Murdering 2-Year-Old Kyrian Knox, Court Told

--snip

A suburban man charged with murdering and dismembering 2-year-old Kyrian Knox admitted "he f----- up" and that "something terrible happened," prosecutors said Wednesday.

Kamel Harris, 41, is accused of killing the toddler because he wouldn't stop crying after being given milk, which the lactose-intolerant boy couldn't handle, police said.
Harris then dismembered Kyrian, wrapped the boy's body parts in plastic bags attached to barbell weights and dumped them in the Garfield Park lagoon in late August 2015, Assistant State's Attorney Jamie Santini said during a bond hearing.

Harris told a witness he assumed Kyrian couldn't be identified if his head was missing and his fingerprints eroded due to decomposition, Santini said.
--more@link.

--snip

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...d-park-lagoon-killing-met-20161116-story.html

Harris was captured on surveillance footage driving a borrowed Chevrolet Camaro into Chicago on Aug. 31, 2015, prosecutors said.

( good thing they found that car in November, and the blood had not been cleaned from the carpeting..)

That same day, Harris called a witness to say he had "f----- up" and that "something terrible happened," according to Santini.

Harris later told a different witness he "snapped" and killed a little boy he'd been watching, prosecutors said. Harris complained that the boy's mother hadn't given him enough money to look after him, Santini said.

According to prosecutors, Harris told that same witness he drove to Chicago, where he dismembered the boy and dumped him in the Garfield Park lagoon under the belief the body parts would decompose and no one would be able to identify Kyrian.

During the course of their investigation, police found several blood drops in the Camaro that was used to move Kyrian's body, prosecutors said. DNA testing revealed the blood belonged to Kyrian.

According to Santini, Harris threatened witnesses and relatives.

I just saw the news! I'm so very relieved Kyrian will get justice.

I wonder if more arrests will be forthcoming? I still feel strongly that Lanisha needs to be charged with negligence or reckless endangerment. She is in no way off the hook in my book. Sorry I am trying to be victim friendly. I hope she doesn't have any more children.
Rest in peace little Kyrian. Finally.&#128147;&#128147;&#128147;

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I hear ya. I appreciate that this is a victim friendly forum. It is much easier to see little Kyrian as the only true victim here as many were severely negligent , about caring for him, in my opinion. :cry:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...d-park-lagoon-killing-met-20161116-story.html
--snip

According to prosecutors, Harris told that same witness he drove to Chicago, where he dismembered the boy and dumped him in the Garfield Park lagoon under the belief the body parts would decompose and no one would be able to identify Kyrian.

--I can't imagine that he dismembered in the Camaro, or at the lagoon----so where did that gruesome task take place?

:notgood:
laurie said:
Harris told a witness he assumed Kyrian couldn't be identified if his head was missing and his fingerprints eroded due to decomposition, Santini said.
--more@link.

Had he never heard of DNA testing? :notgood:

http://www.rrstar.com/news/20161116...hout-bond-in-death-of-kyrian-knox-of-rockford

--snip
Judge Maria Kuriakos Ciesil said Harris was a "danger to himself and society" before he was ordered to be held in Cook County Jail without bail, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. Harris' next court date is Dec. 5, according to Cook County Sheriff's records.

Lanisha Knox, Kyrian's mother, said via a text message that she was "happy with the outcome" with regard to Harris being charged in her son's murder. And, she said she was appreciative of "all of the detectives that were involved. They definitely didn't give up and I am forever grateful."

--snip

--I can't imagine that he dismembered in the Camaro, or at the lagoon----so where did that gruesome task take place?

I'm going to go out on a limb here.... and suggest that perhaps this information came from someone very eager to distance themselves from this crime.

Because I cannot for the life of me figure where he would be able to do something like this other than his own home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back