Identified! CA - Laurel Canyon, WhtFem 358UFCA, 20-23, Nov'69 - Reet Jurvetson

rbbm.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/47-ye...ywood-before-being-stabbed-to-death-1.3752816
The Los Angeles Police Department released these new sketches of a man named Jean, who Montreal woman Reet Jurvetson went to stay with in 1969 before she went missing. He is considered a 'person of interest' in her death. (the fifth estate)
attachment.php

47 years later, police learn where Montreal woman stayed in Hollywood before being stabbed to death

CBC's the fifth estate is asking the public to participate in its investigation into the 1969 murder
"Dear Mom and Dad, the weather is nice… I go frequently to the beach," wrote 19-year-old Reet Jurvetson in a postcard to her parents in Montreal, on Oct. 31, 1969.

The Canadian woman, who would have just two weeks to live before being stabbed 157 times, added "the people are kind" to describe the Americans she met in California.
Critical new detail

The LAPD also revealed that it recently learned the address of where Jurvetson had been living while in Hollywood — 5311 Melrose Ave. — information it had been seeking for months.

In an interview with the fifth estate in May, the Los Angeles Police Department's lead detective on the case, Det. Louis Rivera, said the address where she was staying was "the most important" missing clue

With the discovery of Jurvetson's last address, the LAPD says their investigation has renewed momentum.

It turns out the apartment where Jurvetson was staying was a four-storey building called the Paramount Hotel. She stayed in apartment 306

Attachments

• jurvetson-cold-case-hollywood-sketch.jpg
    jurvetson-cold-case-hollywood-sketch.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 331
Apparently the Paramount Hotel was demolished in 1989 (and is now a parking lot). But, for people who might not know, the hotel was a hop, skip, and a jump from the Paramount Studios (movies, tv, etc).

Apparently the Paramount Hotel was demolished in 1989 (and is now a parking lot). But, for people who might not know, the hotel was a hop, skip, and a jump from the Paramount Studios (movies, tv, etc).

I had a friend who was an aspiring musician who lived in the Paramount in the 70's. It was THE place at the time if you were good enough to be getting bit parts and studio work, like she was. She had like five roommates and the free love scene was going on big time. But that was a couple of years later (1972, I think) and I don't know what it would have been like in 1969. Though I'd guess probably pretty similar...

p.s. sent her a message asking if she wanted to come over and talk about her time in Hollywood. Here's hoping...

rbbm.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/reet-jurvetson-jane-doe-neighbour-hollywood-1.3835406

Nov 6 2016

Could a mystery Hollywood neighbour aid probe into Canadian's brutal 1969 killing?

CBC’s the fifth estate looking for potential witnesses in death of Reet Jurvetson
For several months, CBC's the fifth estate has been telling Jurvetson's story via Instagram and Twitter and appealing for clues in the case.

The program recently discovered that in 1969, someone with the last name Lindhorst was living across the hall from the apartment where Jurvetson was staying with Jean, a young man also from Montreal.

None of Jurvetson's friends know Jean's surname and he is considered a person of interest by the LAPD.
By the 1960s, according to the Los Angeles Department of Building Safety, the hotel had been converted into an apartment building. By the time Jurvetson arrived in October 1969, it was owned by a woman named Joy Szerlip.
In the absence of any other clues, M. Lindhorst presents a tantalizing possibility. Could he or she reveal what Jean's surname was? Or provide a timeline of when exactly Jurvetson was last seen in the building?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/reet-jurvetson-jane-doe-neighbour-hollywood-1.3835406

Witnesses told the fifth estate that in the 1960s, Jean had a slim build, was more than five feet nine inches tall and had brown eyes that were shaped a bit like musician John Lennon's. They said he had long, fine, brown hair feathered back in the Rick Springfield style that was popular at the time.

He was originally from Montreal and had a slight French accent.
Without a surname, one lead to pursue is tracking down anyone named Jean who graduated from a Montreal high school between 1964 and 1968.
And so the fifth estate is asking anyone who attended one of the following 10 high schools to scan their Grade 12 graduating class photos from their yearbook. The images can be sent to janedoe59@cbc.ca.

• College Prep International.
  • F.A.C.E. School.
  • Herzilah High School.
  • James Lyng High School.
  • Laurier Macdonald High School.
  • Lester B. Pearson High School.
  • Rosemont High School.
  • Royal West Academy.
  • St. George's School of Montreal.
  • Vincent Massey Collegiate.
rbbm.

The final instalment of the story will be broadcast in a documentary titled "Who killed Jane Doe 59?" that will air on the fifth estate on CBC-TV on Nov. 18 at 9 p.m. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUFd...ature=youtu.be

Nov 16 2016
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/reet-jurvetson-investigation-glasses-1.3850542
New
'In a hurry': Did Canadian woman's killer drop his glasses as he got rid of body in L.A. in 1969?
attachment.php

The note dated May 16, 1972 — and leaked to the fifth estate — says that police consulted with an optometrist and other sources who advised that the glasses appeared to be for a man who was "very nearsighted."

The prescription was –75 for both eyes "at 20/30 and 20/40." The frames were the Liberty brand, available across the U.S. at the time.

Retired lead detective Cliff Shepard told the fifth estate that he thinks it's "very probable" that the glasses are connected with Jurvetson's death.
'Going as fast as he can'

"You have a man who has to get rid of this body of this girl. He's afraid that someone will see him so he's in a hurry and going as fast as he can," says Shepard.
"It's possible that the glasses fell out of his pocket or he dropped it and he was in such a panic he didn't notice. And when he did notice he doesn't recall where he dropped it. It was probably pitch black up there. "
rbbm.

Attachments

• reet-jurvetson-case-glasses.jpg
    reet-jurvetson-case-glasses.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 140
Those almost look like BCG - GI glasses for military personnel.

Wonder if there were any crashes or fender-bender accidents in the area at that time?
If perp did in fact drop his glasses, he would likely have a hard time seeing when he drove away, unless he was wearing contact lenses and kept the glasses in his pocket for backup, imo.

Good point, Dot. I know I would need contacts or glasses to drive. If not, I wouldn't get very far, especially at night.

Slightly updated.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/reet-jurvetson-investigation-glasses-1.3850542
"So the way we see it is she was immobilized, probably on her back, and the person might have been on top of her as he was inflicting the wounds."

Rivera called the attack "savage," and said such attacks are "usually a rage type of incident, where the cases that I've handled it's always been a domestic partner."

Jurvetson didn't have any ID on her when she was found.
rbbm.

Good point, Dot. I know I would need contacts or glasses to drive. If not, I wouldn't get very far, especially at night.

Just realized the perp may have been with someone else who was doing the driving.
imo, speculation..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back