A&E The Killing Season Episodes 1 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Peter Hackett.... Former police forensics surgeon - could he be a suspect? He was caught lying and has since moved out of the area. He fits the profile of a successful, possibly charming, white male, married, and he is someone trustworthy in the community. Shannon Gilbert's mother reportedly claims Hackett called the family just BEFORE her disappearance. He also lived 4 miles away from where they were searching the water for more bodies. So he is familiar with the area.

Dr. Peter Hackett.... Former police forensics surgeon - could he be a suspect? He was caught lying and has since moved out of the area. He fits the profile of a successful, possibly charming, white male, married, and he is someone trustworthy in the community. Shannon Gilbert's mother reportedly claims Hackett called the family just BEFORE her disappearance. He also lived 4 miles away from where they were searching the water for more bodies. So he is familiar with the area.

Wow! What an interesting post. Thx for the info!

Be interesting to know what his interests/hobbies are..
Furniture upholstery or other things?..
JMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Tricia,
Thank you for this forum. I'm posting this again (shorter version) because originally I didn't know where to post it. Someone asked if I had passed this on to the producers of the show? I didn't know how. I posted it on Peter Brendt's forum. I'll get the hang of this soon, I promise. Thx, everyone.

I'm a retired MD, but I was not a silver spoon child. I've been interested in investigative techniques & profiling for as long as I can recall. I often wished I had chosen forensic pathology as a specialty, but I have studied some.

I noted that each time the Gilgo Beach 4 murders were discussed on A&E's The Killing Season, it was stated that the four victims were "wrapped carefully in burlap". This caught my attention, because the reporter shown on A&E held up a burlap sack, stating they were "stuffed in a burlap sack like this". Her statement was strikingly different from every other comment made. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems they were carefully wrapped in burlap.

This brings to mind two things to me:
1) My father was a furniture upholsterer. He was a brilliant artist even with furniture. But, burlap comes in "Bolts" or large rolls. I read in a forum post that it was reported by police that they thought the perpetrator had access to large amounts of burlap. The Bolts they are shipped in are large and EVERY upholsterer & Furniture Company purchases their burlap in these huge Rolls.
2) Secondly, it reminds me of something a murderer who has deeply twisted scripture in to his thinking. "Sack Cloth" is a religious inference, and burlap is basically a type of sack cloth. Were any ashes either near the bodies or buried with the bodies? Or, were the ladies burned or clothing burned?

These 4 ladies were killed by the same murderer. It seems to me that the killer in this case was a very Organized Killer. He is meticulous. So are upholsterers. (Disorganized killers are not meticulous & they rip bodies & dismember bodies. Mr Brendt called them "torso killers"). The bodies being "wrapped carefully" in burlap cries of meticulous work that an upholsterer would use in their work. This is a gruesome thought, but even the bodies being wrapped in burlap gives the impression of either someone wishing to toy with police by giving them a clue and laughing- by way of "stuffing cushions", or some other arrogant reason. They certainly are trophies. Upholsterers are required to measure fabric precisely, just like this killer laid out each of the 4 bodies exactly 500 yards apart. This was a startlingly precise measurement for the burial sites. If this SK owns a large furniture store, it has taken him years to establish the company in the area, unless it was handed down to him. If he built it himself, he's likely at least in his early 40's. Again, his age would depend on how long it has taken him to build his company & to gain such notoriety to ensure his ability to make his victims feel completely comfortable getting in to his vehicle or in going to his home.

If I had to make my best guess, I'd suggest that this killer OWNS a furniture company in the area. He's a church-going citizen and well-thought of in the community. These burial sites were shoved right in the faces of the police & the community. He is narcissistic (most serial killers are), but is Organized & meticulous. He doesn't think he'll ever be caught. His good standing in the community also gave him credibility with the victims. We know that SK's have learned how to make their victims feel comfortable. He has probably advertised on local or even regional TV in the area. If this is correct, he has a lot of money, and can travel. This killer is particularly dangerous due to the things I've mentioned above. I hesitated stating that, because he will possibly read this & get great pleasure from it. However, I couldn't care much less for his feelings. The community needs to be on alert for someone like I've described.

One last note. Mr Brendt mentioned that the burial sites are not the only "trophies" of the SK in this case. That's correct. SK's keep a trophy somewhere they have access to in order to allow them to relive the killing & the excitement of their horrid acts.

I realize I'm new to this website & forum, but I hope that at least my observations might help to jog someone's memory or give more clues to help find the killer.

docrocker
Lurked from the beginning, very interesting post🤘In all that I have read & watched over the years I haven't seen anything quite like this. ( perspective)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Interesting docu-series thus far. I created a profile after seeing the second episode, have been a big true crime fan for 10 + years. I think the idea of the territorial torso killer is unique but am curious if anyone thinks that potentially there are two killers working together? Thinking back to the Gilbert 911 transcript it seemed that she was being chased by multiple people, "they are trying to kill me." Perhaps we have two separate killers that do killings on their own and with a partner?

Interesting docu-series thus far. I created a profile after seeing the second episode, have been a big true crime fan for 10 + years. I think the idea of the territorial torso killer is unique but am curious if anyone thinks that potentially there are two killers working together? Thinking back to the Gilbert 911 transcript it seemed that she was being chased by multiple people, "they are trying to kill me." Perhaps we have two separate killers that do killings on their own and with a partner?

That would be pretty scary...but an "odd couple" of sorts...one "messy" and one very "particular" sharing the same space.

Pretty chilling actually but very possible, goblin-city

Hello. I've been following this thread with interest and have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's comments and input regarding the LISK. Unfortunate for me, I'm unable to watch the docu/series as it's unavailable in my location. I cannot wait for, (I think it's February) when the docu/series will be broadcast in my country however, I have a question... does the docu/series have Captions/Subtitles available? Thanks all.

There is a pretty cool CSS customization tool built into the A&E player but there doesn't appear to be any language options. You could always download the free trial of cloak and view view the A&E player without having to wait, not super complicated or illegal, PM with questions.

I actually am not overtly knowledgeable of the possibility for killers to suddenly change their "style" over a period of time, is this something that happens outside of a potential first kill vs later kill?

My thought is... He probably was aware of being on that Wikipedia post, so he was no taken back by it.. Also he most likely has or been in contact with a Lawyer..

This guy known as LISK would never go to an Attorney much less than anyone he knows. He is your every day fellow who might be a Husband, Father and your next door neighbor or the family man that might go to your Church. These Serial Killer's kill for the thrill and the High of it all. When they take a victim, they feel that they are in total control of the situation. Very seldom will they make a mistake especially this guy, because he's pretty much perfected his trademark. To catch this guy the best the Law Enforcement can do is go back to these cases " Melissa Barthelemy, Maureen Brainard Barnes and Shannon Gilbert. The reason for these three is because all three of these women have many things in common. Just look at Ted Bundy, here he had many influential people under his charm and many women who truly trusted him. That should show you how these very evil people work.

There is a pretty cool CSS customization tool built into the A&E player but there doesn't appear to be any language options. You could always download the free trial of cloak and view view the A&E player without having to wait, not super complicated or illegal, PM with questions.
Thank you for responding, goblin_city, much appreciated. I'm not computer savvy and wouldn't know where to start re downloading so will wait for the docu-series to view on the box. In the meantime, I will sit back and read all the comments as they come in! Again, thank you for taking the time to respond. Cheers!

Hello. I've been following this thread with interest and have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's comments and input regarding the LISK. Unfortunate for me, I'm unable to watch the docu/series as it's unavailable in my location. I cannot wait for, (I think it's February) when the docu/series will be broadcast in my country however, I have a question... does the docu/series have Captions/Subtitles available? Thanks all.

I was able to get them here on the A&E channel, but they may have come from my cable service. Hope that helps a bit! (Probably not, unfortunately, LOL)

The more I read into what comes out in these episodes the more possibilities come about...

But them I still end up back in the same place... the LE theory.

FYI- A&E running 1st and 2nd episodes again today at 3-5 p.m. EST

Today will be my 3rd viewing. Seems every time I see it I pick up on much more.

I actually am not overtly knowledgeable of the possibility for killers to suddenly change their "style" over a period of time, is this something that happens outside of a potential first kill vs later kill?

I think if you take a look at TK (recently arrested), you see three scenarios. Three styles. Mass revenge killing (4 victims), possibly a random choice in the couple that were found on his land, and KB and her boyfriend. She watches TK kill her boyfriend, but he keeps her alive and locks her up. Truly a deranged individual, who seemingly switched styles to suit the situation. I speculate that he knows where a lot more bodies are hidden, also. I don't think there are only 7 victims. That is just one that immediately came to mind since the case is recent. In my estimation, he would have attacked and possibly killed earlier on, had he not been locked up in prison for his earlier crime. That only delayed his actions.

MOO

I think if you take a look at TK (recently arrested), you see three scenarios. Three styles. Mass revenge killing (4 victims), possibly a random choice in the couple that were found on his land, and KB and her boyfriend. She watches TK kill her boyfriend, but he keeps her alive and locks her up. Truly a deranged individual, who seemingly switched styles to suit the situation. I speculate that he knows where a lot more bodies are hidden, also. I don't think there are only 7 victims. That is just one that immediately came to mind since the case is recent. In my estimation, he would have attacked and possibly killed earlier on, had he not been locked up in prison for his earlier crime. That only delayed his actions.

MOO

:yeahthat: I do happen to think that LISK changed his MO.
Although I do think TK may have locked MC up like KB before killing her and that TK probably would have killed KB eventually... I agree with you.

How did LISK trasnport the GB4 victims' bodies to the site where they were found? I don't know what has been suggested in the past. I've seen photos of the area & the marina near the site. The victims were so methodically set (500 yards apart) & wrapped carefully, that he obviously didn't murder them there. Or, it's not likely. Whatever occurred, it would take either an automobile or other road vehicle, or a boat or yacht to get them to Gilgo Beach. According to the information concerning the precision of the length the burial sites were apart, and the number of bodies, I've been curious since first seeing this case on The Killing Season as to why these numbers were chosen?

Where I've come to at this point is going to sound completely ridiculous to many, but if the SK is a successful businessman (whatever business he's in), he could likely have a boat or yacht and would be familiar with navigational coordinates. Therefore for me, it's too tempting to not look at this. These numbers fit no longitudinal or latitudinal coordinates, no matter how they're seen together. However, the most simple possible explanation I could see with these numbers (I know this sounds ridiculous, but it's just the first thing I could come up with and I'm not an expert in navigational coordinates or nautical travel), would be to divide 500 by 4. The result is 125, and coincidentally the beach is 125 degrees ESE of the Queens area. It IS working backward; therefore, if this is what was intended, it might very well indicate the location of his company, or his home, or other location where the killings took place? Remember, he's extremely narcissistic as an Organized SK, and he feels he'll never be caught no matter what police do.

As I mentioned, I'm not an authority in navigation. But, everything about this killer's MO is part of his signature and are clues about the killer. I hope only that this silly first attempt at determining why he chose 500 yards apart for the burial sites, and why only 4 victims were wrapped in burlap as they were, would stimulate thought by more apt individuals.

In fact, 500 yards might not even be what the killer left to be discovered. It could be 1500 feet, not 500 yards. And, since this killer never intended to stop killing unless he's dead, the number of victims and these 4 sites were intended to taunt authorities. Therefore, the information is too tempting to ignore. He's taunting everyone, and these numbers mean something. Maybe, with Geographical Profiling (I've heard FBI had gotten involved last year I believe), more accurate or more believable results with the numbers he left will result.

On the other hand, sometimes the most simple explanation sits right in front of our noses & a narcissist knows that investigations usually thrive on the most complex explanations. This simple explanation I've presented might very well be exactly what the SK meant.?

I'd LOVE to hear some better explanations than I've given. I've only been studying this case for a week, so if anyone has information about the sites, as above, please respond to my post. I'm most interested.

Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member