Post Verdict - Ross Harris Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a crime scene that couldn't be brought into the court room. Plain and simple IMO.
You bring a knife or gun used into a trial, in this case the car WAS the weapon.

Very well put.

It was a crime scene that couldn't be brought into the court room. Plain and simple IMO.
You bring a knife or gun used into a trial, in this case the car WAS the weapon.

As I posted on previous thread, a 22-month-old child who literally baked to death in a hot car was the "smoking gun" in this case. And, yes, the car was the weapon - a death chamber like the oven where many will roast their holiday :turkey:

Quote:Harris' ex-wife Leanna was a big witness the defense hoped would have a bigger impact on the jurors. "It did not lead the jury to find him not guilty of the murder charges obviously," Rodriguez said. "We believe that she testified brilliantly. She was honest. She was strong which is the kind of person she is."

It's funny to me how people can hear and see the same thing and yet have such different opinions.
If I were on the jury, I'd have left the court room thinking 'why is she not being charged?'
But that's JMO

http://abcnews.go.com/US/justin-ross-harris-wife-takes-social-media-guilty/story?id=43558099

Juror No. 3, Candi Parrish, told ABC News that the jurors were leaning toward guilt from the first vote.

"At first vote, all 12 [jurors] leaned toward guilty. Three were unsure completely and wanted to review more evidence," Parish said of the deliberation process.

Parrish, a 23-year-old married, stay-at-home mother, explained how she came to the guilty verdict.

"There were too many factors that played throughout his day that you wouldn't forget your child in the car,” she said. "To say he literally drove just 1/2 mile to work -- only five minutes -- and forgot his child is unbelievable. I think it is really hard to do something like that.

"He actually mentioned that he forgot to take his double-look,” she added. “He knew those steps, but he didn't take them."

BBM

Definition of talking too much...

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Ross is getting the escape he was looking for. Lol.

I hate getting forced vacations the day before a verdict is read. I missed you guys.

But I was a long time lurker all week long.

-Hugs and High Fives-

Time to reflect..............I've been bothered by the victim impact statement. For what purpose was that done? It wasn't done to support charges because she was supportive of RH.

I don't know the rules/regulations of Crime Victims' Compensation in Georgie, so maybe someone local knows. In my state, it is the payor of last resort, meaning other options must be exhausted (insurance reimbursement for therapy, medical costs, ability to pay funeral costs, etc). Could she have qualified for money from CVC?

I would like to know why that Victim Impact Statement was done.

I shouldn't think about this anymore!

Time to reflect..............I've been bothered by the victim impact statement. For what purpose was that done? It wasn't done to support charges because she was supportive of RH.

I don't know the rules/regulations of Crime Victims' Compensation in Georgie, so maybe someone local knows. In my state, it is the payor of last resort, meaning other options must be exhausted (insurance reimbursement for therapy, medical costs, ability to pay funeral costs, etc). Could she have qualified for money from CVC?

I would like to know why that Victim Impact Statement was done.

I shouldn't think about this anymore!

It's standard procedure. It's just that usually people don't use it as an opportunity to plead the case of the perpetrator of the crime.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/arlington/article115493268.html

Not sure if this has been posted? First I have heard of this case.

*snip*

FORT WORTH —

A Tarrant County jury on Thursday found an Arlington caretaker guilty in the death of a severely mentally disabled man who was left in a hot SUV in 2013.

Debra King, 56, was convicted on a charge of criminally negligent homicide, a state jail felony, and injury to a disabled person, a second-degree felony.

She faces up to two years in state prison for criminally negligent homicide and two to 20 years for injury to a disabled person.

State District Judge George Gallagher will sentence King after a pre-sentencing report is completed in about 60 days.

Ya, well the reason your strategy didn't matter there Rodriquez is because your client is a lying who killed his son. All the rest of this is yesterday's oatmeal.

Long ago and many years ago I fantasized about being a lawyer. I can't stand it. Appealing and arguing the defense of someone like this would haunt me to the grave.

Arguing that the jurors shouldn't have been let outside to see the very van that the child roasted in? Inexcusable. Why shouldn't have they? Because they could see the TRUTH then? It's all so beyond me I can't stand it.

Yes, I agree totally... why shouldn't jury have seen the vehicle? What harm is there in that? It happened in that vehicle, so what is the problem? Both parents seem untrustworthy to me. Liars.

The defense tried to confuse the issue of the car by making it about whether or not Ross could have seen Cooper when he dropped off the lightbulbs. The testimony before viewing the car was related to RH putting the lightbulbs in the car. The defense treated it as if it was a recreation of the bulb trip when the true purpose was to view the car and the closeness of the seat, etc. They got all upset because apparently some jurors leaned towards the vehicle for a closer view. The judge ruled they were not allowed inside the car. Many of us here felt they should have been allowed to sit in the driver's seat to experience the closeness of the car seat. That's my recollection and understanding anyway.

It's standard procedure. It's just that usually people don't use it as an opportunity to plead the case of the perpetrator of the crime.

But not every crime victim goes this route. In my experience, the Victim Impact Statement is for application for funds or to address the perpetrator's actions. Maybe the content of the statement is why it didn't get too far!!!!

I want to know if she got funds.

I don't think they will win on appeal in terms of the car viewing. With both sides agreeing, especially. And it is not outrageous for the witnesses to expect to see the car in which the child died.

I think their best chances are with the question of the severance of the charges. But even there, the State has a pretty strong case for why it wanted them to be in one trial. The crimes happened DURING the same time as the crime charges involving the child's death. So there is a rational and logical reason to include them as possible circumstances/factors in the death itself. He was so absorbed in those sex related activities that he overlooked the care of his child.

Not sure if this has been posted yet~~ but this includes a video

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/r...-of-ross-harris-look-like-right-now/352963995
Although Harris is being watched very closely, he is not segregated from other inmates.

"It is not meant to be comfortable. You're in a very small place, in a very small room, by yourself, with time to think about things," said 11Alive legal expert Phil Holloway. "He's making peace with the fact that he's going to be behind bars for the rest of his natural life

Ross had better get used to that cot and metal toilet, both of which will be more comfortable than Cooper was in that too-small car seat with tight straps across his little body inside a car like an oven :stormingmad:

When my son's twin was stillborn the hospital covered the cost of a basic burial. They paid for the coffin and the burial into my nanas plot. It was a huge blessing at such a difficult and distressing time. We couldn't afford a headstone. I was worrying myself sick that she didn't have one. My sister went out and bought one for us. It cost her around £300 (approx $370) I was so grateful. I really can't understand why Cooper doesn't have one yet. Surely somebody could have helped out.
120a41ba483d6406f1d7cb65c03914d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does surprise me how JRH managed to remember his cell phone, laptop and coffee(?) but forgot his son.

It does surprise me how JRH managed to remember his cell phone, laptop and coffee(?) but forgot his son.

Shows where his priorities rank. I don't think that he had a false memory of walking him into daycare. I do think it's possible that he got so distracted that he zoned out and was on autopilot. That is still worthy of being locked away and shows what little regard he had for Cooper. Just my thoughts after following the trial.

I'm sorry for your loss Maisie!

Whenever something doesn't add up it's because???? SOMEONE IS LYING.

But not every crime victim goes this route. In my experience, the Victim Impact Statement is for application for funds or to address the perpetrator's actions. Maybe the content of the statement is why it didn't get too far!!!!

I want to know if she got funds.

Your post reminded me of a bit of trivia from July 2014:

Earlier this week, Leanna Harris’ attorney compared her to Richard Jewell, the security guard wrongly implicated in the Centennial Olympic Park bombing.

Now Harris — whose son died June 18 after being locked in a hot car for seven hours — wants to meet with Jewell’s former lawyer, Lin Wood.

“I have been asked by Lawrence Zimmerman to meet with him and Ms. Harris,” Wood confirmed via email.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/loca...a-harris-to-meet-with-defamation-attor/nghNb/

So far nothing has come of that meeting and currently Lin Wood is busy on another case... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998