Post Verdict - Ross Harris Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you've spoken to her on facebook, is she aware that a very ODD page was set up on a few days ago for donations for a marker?

Since I was not aware of this very "odd" page, no I have not discussed it with her ???

I can't find anything on there either??

It's there...go fund me ...

TY, I've never been on before---I finally found it. I don't recognize that name--I emailed the person in my fb group about it and she said they were all aware of it and don't know who it is. They have 0 dollars, I wonder if it will be flagged and investigated for fraud (I would have no idea how to do any of that ??).

Maybe it's someone who wants to raise 1000.00 dollars so she/he can write out a check personally for 1000.00 to Tuscaloosa Memorial Park OR maybe (more likely) some fraudster wanting to make a buck.

TY, I've never been on before---I finally found it. I don't recognize that name--I emailed the person in my fb group about it and she said they were all aware of it and don't know who it is. They have 0 dollars, I wonder if it will be flagged and investigated for fraud (I would have no idea how to do any of that ??).

Maybe it's someone who wants to raise 1000.00 dollars so she/he can write out a check personally for 1000.00 to Tuscaloosa Memorial Park OR maybe (more likely) some fraudster wanting to make a buck.

i have no doubt that LH is going to try to do something legally to get money saying her reputation has been ruined etc. and that have extended family on both sides (despite there never being anyone in court) and can afford a market...they just have not done it yet or don't want one. ..nor would I ever trust that money would go to the right place.

Honestly, it's your baby. Why do you need reminders? I don't get it. Stop texting and talking while driving....concentrate and take care of your helpless baby. It's not that complicated. You don't leave your purse in the car...how in the world do you leave a baby?

My opinion is not popular but I think we are doing this to ourselves. When we take a six week old baby to daycare, drop him off early in the morning, pick him up on the way home like a fast food dinner, someone else is raising that child, not the parents.
My son is 25, my opinion wasn't popular back then either. We gave up a lot financially for me to stay home with him, but I was the one who first saw him walk, heard his first words, saw his first smile, etc.
When we delegate the rearing of children to someone else that child is not the most important thing in our life. Oh' we tell ourselves that he is but in reality getting to work is our most important task of the morning. That job is why we got up when we did, bundled the baby and got her things in a tote, got our coffee and went on our way. That's our goal--get to work, every other task that morning is in order to accomplish that. Back in the 80's when I was in my twenties a lady I worked with had a baby, put him in day care at 6 weeks. They lived in the other county so they would be in a better school district. It took her an hour to get into town, drop the baby off and go to work. We got off at 6 pm, then an hour for her to get home--at least unless she had to stop for something so say 7:30 or so. Now how much time did she have with that baby? Realistically? Honestly who is raising that child?
Like I said, I know this is a unpopular opinion so please,no flames. Economics being what they are have left us with little option but to have both parents work. We sacrificed a LOT and it was hard. I get that not everyone can do that. Fortunately there is a lot more options in working from home than there used to be and hopefully we will continue to see improvements like that.
But that is countered b the fact that technology continues to intrude in our lives. We have to keep reminding ourselves to put down the cell phone, shut down the computer and interact with our families, our loved ones. Until we really start to do that I am afraid we will see more of the hot car deaths because the whole "concentrate on your baby" task has been relegated to the bottom of our mental to do list.

When my son's twin was stillborn the hospital covered the cost of a basic burial. They paid for the coffin and the burial into my nanas plot. It was a huge blessing at such a difficult and distressing time. We couldn't afford a headstone. I was worrying myself sick that she didn't have one. My sister went out and bought one for us. It cost her around £300 (approx $370) I was so grateful. I really can't understand why Cooper doesn't have one yet. Surely somebody could have helped out.
120a41ba483d6406f1d7cb65c03914d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only possible thing I could think of is that with the publicity of the case they were worried it might get vandalized so they were waiting until after the trial when hopefully people are involved with something else. ??? But even t hat is a stretch. I am so sorry about your loss (((hugs))).

How can you be found guilty of 6 different things under the murder 1.

I have never seen someone guilty of murder 1 plus 6 charges that fall under the same murder realm?

[video=youtube;HdTfLMHfxuM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdTfLMHfxuM[/video]

My opinion is not popular but I think we are doing this to ourselves. When we take a six week old baby to daycare, drop him off early in the morning, pick him up on the way home like a fast food dinner, someone else is raising that child, not the parents.
My son is 25, my opinion wasn't popular back then either. We gave up a lot financially for me to stay home with him, but I was the one who first saw him walk, heard his first words, saw his first smile, etc.
When we delegate the rearing of children to someone else that child is not the most important thing in our life. Oh' we tell ourselves that he is but in reality getting to work is our most important task of the morning. That job is why we got up when we did, bundled the baby and got her things in a tote, got our coffee and went on our way. That's our goal--get to work, every other task that morning is in order to accomplish that. Back in the 80's when I was in my twenties a lady I worked with had a baby, put him in day care at 6 weeks. They lived in the other county so they would be in a better school district. It took her an hour to get into town, drop the baby off and go to work. We got off at 6 pm, then an hour for her to get home--at least unless she had to stop for something so say 7:30 or so. Now how much time did she have with that baby? Realistically? Honestly who is raising that child?
Like I said, I know this is a unpopular opinion so please,no flames. Economics being what they are have left us with little option but to have both parents work. We sacrificed a LOT and it was hard. I get that not everyone can do that. Fortunately there is a lot more options in working from home than there used to be and hopefully we will continue to see improvements like that.
But that is countered b the fact that technology continues to intrude in our lives. We have to keep reminding ourselves to put down the cell phone, shut down the computer and interact with our families, our loved ones. Until we really start to do that I am afraid we will see more of the hot car deaths because the whole "concentrate on your baby" task has been relegated to the bottom of our mental to do list.

I agree with your sentiments, but it is not economically feasible for me to stay home--so after my second child was born, I went back to grad school to get a teacher's license. If I'm gonna work, I thought, I would have entire summers off with my children, enjoy their company at the workplace when they are in grades 6-8, and be able to pick my babies up by 3:30.

I had my third and final baby a few years later (August 2013). I am very grateful that despite feeling the awkward morning rush 9 months out of the year, I was able to spend a ton of time with my younger two children as babies and toddlers. My youngest in now 3, and summers with him his entire three years has been tremendously rewarding.

I have never seen someone guilty of murder 1 plus 6 charges that fall under the same murder realm?

As far as sentencing is concerned, this was answered in the media today. It was said they can't sentence him to murder multiple times for the same murder, so they will go with the highest count of murder he was convicted of and sentence him based off of that.

Phew, appeal on those grounds averted ;)

I agree with your sentiments, but it is not economically feasible for me to stay home--so after my second child was born, I went back to grad school to get a teacher's license. If I'm gonna work, I thought, I would have entire summers off with my children, enjoy their company at the workplace when they are in grades 6-8, and be able to pick my babies up by 3:30.

I had my third and final baby a few years later (August 2013). I am very grateful that despite feeling the awkward morning rush 9 months out of the year, I was able to spend a ton of time with my younger two children as babies and toddlers. My youngest in now 3, and summers with him his entire three years has been tremendously rewarding.

That sounds like an excellent way of dealing with it! When our son was 9 hubby got downsized and it took quite a while before he had a regular full time job again (he did have a couple of contract jobs but they were short lived with no benefits). So since I hadn't worked in while, I went back to college etc. It's frustrating, very frustrating, trying to figure out what is the best to do with kids and jobs and the economics of family life.. After he got down sized we lost everything and still are not back where we were after all this time. We are renting when prior we lived in our own home. We've been here 8 years and more than anything I have been hoping we could get our own home long enough before we die to enjoy it, but that seems more unlikely. I am disabled now with a disease that has shortened my life expectancy quite a bit. Plenty of times I have looked back and asked myself if we had taken the other road where would we be now. So I hope it didn't sound like I was being down on mothers who have to work. It's more a sense of mounting frustration that these are the choices we have. We need a lot more options like work from home etc.

It's known as alternative counts form of indictment, alternative counts stating the various ways in which the single act of a crime was alleged to have been committed.
Jurors consider each count on its own then decide guilt or innocence.
At sentencing the judge merges the appropriate charges (underlying felonies) into the felony murder charges then IIRC sets aside the felony murder convictions and will sentence on malice murder only.

I agree with you completely. I also gave up my career as an executive to sahm....it wasn't a financial decision one , but it did change my life forever ....it's been 9 years and I know I can never go back to that capacity . I went from COO to mom instantly and can't ever go back again to that level unless I start again the climb....sad, but I feel the sacrifice was completely worth it when I look into my kids eyes. We are an extremely close family, but with an executive position in a corp. I never could have given that to them. Material things went the wayside but the memory collection is overflowing....

It's known as alternative counts form of indictment, alternative counts stating the various ways in which the single act of a crime was alleged to have been committed.
Jurors consider each count on its own then decide guilt or innocence.
At sentencing the judge merges the appropriate charges (underlying felonies) into the felony murder charges then IIRC sets aside the felony murder convictions and will sentence on malice murder only.

Don't they do this so that if one verdict is overturned they have the other guilty charges keeping him in prison? Or does the setting aside of other charges make that null and void?

I agree with you completely. I also gave up my career as an executive to sahm....it wasn't a financial decision one , but it did change my life forever ....it's been 9 years and I know I can never go back to that capacity . I went from COO to mom instantly and can't ever go back again to that level unless I start again the climb....sad, but I feel the sacrifice was completely worth it when I look into my kids eyes. We are an extremely close family, but with an executive position in a corp. I never could have given that to them. Material things went the wayside but the memory collection is overflowing....

I was just thinking a few minutes ago how close our family is, how kind and responsible my sons are.....regardless of what lay down the road not taken, nothing can replace that.

I was just thinking a few minutes ago how close our family is, how kind and responsible my sons are.....regardless of what lay down the road not taken, nothing can replace that.

Yep...it's the single thing I'm most proud of for myself. I gave everything up for what considered my dream and my goals in life for my babies and after the ego healed (not going to lie, 6 months in I had an anxiety attack...what have I done!!! But it passed!) I've never been happier. I know a few close friends who did it as well and they feel the same and I have even more ladder climbing friends who have a lot of regret they never did.
My theory since I've had kids is this.....when they are older and sitting around with spouse/partner etc what will they say about their childhood...what will they complain about...what will they emulate...and that's how I conduct my life since kids ....right wrong or indifferent...it's not perfect, it's not for everyone, but it has for our family. The trick is convincing yourself to put personal goals and possessions to the side.....therein lays the rub.....it's not easy.

Ok OT over....back to the RH is a loser channel.

ETA a huge population is Double income and they are close with amazing kids....this was in no way derogatory towards anyone...just my life choices...

It seems poor little Cooper was far safer in the hands of his day care providers than he was in his father's.

It seems poor little Cooper was far safer in the hands of his day care providers than he was in his father's.

Very true. I'd choose a day care setting over a father with an abandoned and malignant heart toward his family every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p