TKS S1 Ep 4: A Darkness on the Edge of Town

I live 50 miles from Daytona,had no idea about the activities there.

:welcome6:​

You have no idea how nice it is to read that. Awareness seems to make a world of difference in solving these cases and avoiding more victims. Thank you, spiderjoe69, for joining and taking the time to share this.

I think the murderer in AC and LI may be the same person. NJ and NY (AC and Gilgo, specifically) are not that far at all from one another. The timelines seem to make sense. Not to mention the fact that in both cases, the victims were female sex workers. I do not think that the killer in Daytona is the same from AC and LI for a number of reasons. One, Daytona is too far away from NY & NJ. More importantly, the killings themselves are different. In Daytona, the victims were shot in the head. In Gilgo, the victims were strangled. (I forgot how the victims in AC were murdered.) Also, the killings in Daytona followed some sort of a pattern (once every three weeks consecutively)- something that was not noticed in any of the other cases. I think that if the killer in Daytona had not been caught yet, why would he have moved to another location? Isn't there some sort of territorial aspect to killers that they want to "rule over" one area/region/community? For these reasons I do not think Daytona is connected to AC & Gilgo.

The Atlantic City Slueth was highly suspicious, his note singling out Rachel is very weird , and his location of the kill spot is eerily like that of Long Island

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally agree

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I think the murderer in AC and LI may be the same person. NJ and NY (AC and Gilgo, specifically) are not that far at all from one another. The timelines seem to make sense. Not to mention the fact that in both cases, the victims were female sex workers. I do not think that the killer in Daytona is the same from AC and LI for a number of reasons. One, Daytona is too far away from NY & NJ. More importantly, the killings themselves are different. In Daytona, the victims were shot in the head. In Gilgo, the victims were strangled. (I forgot how the victims in AC were murdered.) Also, the killings in Daytona followed some sort of a pattern (once every three weeks consecutively)- something that was not noticed in any of the other cases. I think that if the killer in Daytona had not been caught yet, why would he have moved to another location? Isn't there some sort of territorial aspect to killers that they want to "rule over" one area/region/community? For these reasons I do not think Daytona is connected to AC & Gilgo.

My gosh, that's some great sleuthing and succinct thoughts, joesmith97. Pleasure to read. Impressed and agreed, as you describe it. Thank you and :welcome4:

Totally agree

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I was afraid for their welfare when they turned towards the dead end , I happen to trust my senses and I literally got chills throughout my entire body

Palm Coast Fl, is 25 miles north of Daytona.
The locals call it little New York ,because almost the entire town is people from NY , LI ,NJ.
Possible he was visiting family in FL.?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

wonder why no one ever looked at nc along the way if we are trying to connect dots from fl to li, even though nc is in and of itself it's own killing field of many

The LI area seemed to be his "comfort zone" per say, seems to know the area well, were any state park employees looked into? Just a thought.

Two thoughts...
The Kim victim in AC, she was from NY. What if LISK is tied to her somehow, someone she knew and followed her to AC???

Also, they say that Golden Key motel room 101 was where they were killed but then that guy, from WS, sent Rachel to his suspected kill spot? That confused me. Were the AC 4 killed in that hotel room or do they not know for sure?

I fell asleep watching epi 4 and didn't make it to the FL part. Rewatching now.

I am copying and pasting this research I did for the DB, AC and GB cases. Since the abducting and disposal of women's bodies are an outdoor event I was curious about the weather, moon phases, etc. The first DB victim, Laquetta Gunter, sounds like overkill, and risky!

DB4

Sat. 12-24-05 Laquetta Gunter.....Mostly cloudy and hazy....winds N-NE 10-24 gusting to 24....Moon last quarter...rise 12:45 am...set 12:45 pm

Fri. 1-13-06 Julie Green....Fog, rain, thunderstorms, overall cloudy....wind S-SW gusts to 37 mph...Moon full...rise 5:07 pm...set 6:59 am

Fri. 2-24-06 Iwanna Patton....Overall cloudy and overcast....wind NE gusts to 23 mph...Moon waning cresent..rise 4:24 am...set 2:34 pm

Sat, 1-3-2008 Stacy Gage.....Over cloudy and overcast wind N/NW/NE, gusts to 32mph...Moon waning cresent...rise 3:09 am...set 1:44 pm

AC4

Sat. 10-7-06 Molly Jean Dilts...Rain, overcast..wind NE, gusts to 32 mph....Moon Full...rise 6:43 pm...set 7:30 am

Tues. 10-17-06 Barbara Breider...Rain, light rain...wind SE, gusts to 30 mph...Moon waning cresent...rise 2:43 am...set 4:25 pm

Wed. 11-15-06 Tracy Roberts...Mostly cloudy, overcast, fog...Wind SE, gusts to 17 mph...Moon waning cresent....rise 1:30 am...set 2:07 pm

Sun. 11-19-06 Kim Raffo....Mostly cloudy, overcast....Wind NW, gusts to 20 mph...Moon waning cresent...rise 5:33 am...set 3:37 pm

GB4

Mon. 7-9-07 Maureen Brainard Barnes....Mostly clear...Wind variable, gusts to 21 mph...Moon waning cresent...rise 12:56 am...set 3:48 pm

Sun. 7-12-09 Melissa Barthelemy....Rain, clouds, clear by 8 pm...Wind West, gusts to 21 mph...Moon waning gibbous...rise 10:57 pm...set 10:32 am

Sun. 6-6-10 Megan Waterman....Overall cloudy w/occasional clearing and rain...Wind W/SW gusts to 32 mph...Moon waning cresent... rise 1:33 am..set 2:35 pm

Thur. 9-2-10 Amber Costello...Mostly clear/ a few clouds...Wind South, gusts to 17mph....No Moonrise....set at 3:12pm

source: wunderground

Link to DB thread

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Daytona-Beach-(Ridgwood-Ave-corridor)/page20

I am copying and pasting this research I did for the DB, AC and GB cases. Since the abducting and disposal of women's bodies are an outdoor event I was curious about the weather, moon phases, etc. The first DB victim, Laquetta Gunter, sounds like overkill, and risky!

DB4

Sat. 12-24-05 Laquetta Gunter.....Mostly cloudy and hazy....winds N-NE 10-24 gusting to 24....Moon last quarter...rise 12:45 am...set 12:45 pm

Fri. 1-13-06 Julie Green....Fog, rain, thunderstorms, overall cloudy....wind S-SW gusts to 37 mph...Moon full...rise 5:07 pm...set 6:59 am

Fri. 2-24-06 Iwanna Patton....Overall cloudy and overcast....wind NE gusts to 23 mph...Moon waning cresent..rise 4:24 am...set 2:34 pm

Sat, 1-3-2008 Stacy Gage.....Over cloudy and overcast wind N/NW/NE, gusts to 32mph...Moon waning cresent...rise 3:09 am...set 1:44 pm

AC4

Sat. 10-7-06 Molly Jean Dilts...Rain, overcast..wind NE, gusts to 32 mph....Moon Full...rise 6:43 pm...set 7:30 am

Tues. 10-17-06 Barbara Breider...Rain, light rain...wind SE, gusts to 30 mph...Moon waning cresent...rise 2:43 am...set 4:25 pm

Wed. 11-15-06 Tracy Roberts...Mostly cloudy, overcast, fog...Wind SE, gusts to 17 mph...Moon waning cresent....rise 1:30 am...set 2:07 pm

Sun. 11-19-06 Kim Raffo....Mostly cloudy, overcast....Wind NW, gusts to 20 mph...Moon waning cresent...rise 5:33 am...set 3:37 pm

GB4

Mon. 7-9-07 Maureen Brainard Barnes....Mostly clear...Wind variable, gusts to 21 mph...Moon waning cresent...rise 12:56 am...set 3:48 pm

Sun. 7-12-09 Melissa Barthelemy....Rain, clouds, clear by 8 pm...Wind West, gusts to 21 mph...Moon waning gibbous...rise 10:57 pm...set 10:32 am

Sun. 6-6-10 Megan Waterman....Overall cloudy w/occasional clearing and rain...Wind W/SW gusts to 32 mph...Moon waning cresent... rise 1:33 am..set 2:35 pm

Thur. 9-2-10 Amber Costello...Mostly clear/ a few clouds...Wind South, gusts to 17mph....No Moonrise....set at 3:12pm

source: wunderground

Link to DB thread

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Daytona-Beach-(Ridgwood-Ave-corridor)/page20

Update on Stacy Gage: Apparently the above date is the date she was found. According to TKS episode 4 the video of Stacy at the supermarket on 12-10-07 was shortly before she disappeared so I checked the weather archives for that date............

Mon 12-10-07 Stacy Gage Mostly clear/some clouds...Wind NE gusts to 15 mph....New Moon...dark night.

Two thoughts...
The Kim victim in AC, she was from NY. What if LISK is tied to her somehow, someone she knew and followed her to AC???

Snipped.

Yes I just watched episode 4 now and thought the same, it seems like that is the biggest link between them both. Kim's contacts previous could really answer some questions here.

The Atlantic City Slueth was highly suspicious, his note singling out Rachel is very weird , and his location of the kill spot is eerily like that of Long Island

Ohhhh yes. Are we allowed to discuss this? Mods? :)

If it is one person - there's a gap in 2008 until 7/2009. I wonder if there were any similar type murders in some other area of the country or could the person have been incarcerated for some other crime?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back