SC - Todd Kohlhepp, known and possible victims

Given TK's ties to other states, including Ohio, does anyone wonder if he can be linked to the Rhoden family murder in Pike County?

Also, because TK is a licensed pilot, I cannot help but think about the Dellen Millard case. Did TK ever make any flights into southern Ontario?

Just a thought...

just read something this morning that when tk got out of prison in aZ. he had never had a driver's license prior to coming back to sc.

It's interesting to me LE said he 'shot someone' rather than killed someone in Arizona. I wonder if it was a shooting where someone survived.

I don't think searches have to be limited just to before TK went to prison. If his father still lived there, he could have visited Arizona at anytime and possibly lived there a short time after prison too? I think TK is pretty unlikely for the Vernette Wester case. Her children all think the estranged (abusive) husband did it and he refused to cooperate with police.

BBM. That stood out to me as well. I wondered if they might actually have been referring to the rape in AZ. The police officer mentioned that TK had pulled the trigger in the alleyway but the gun misfired. Could that be the shooting in question?

Not that I think there is much of a chance that all of TK's victims have been found already, but it's surprising that this would be the only mention of another shooting.

just read something this morning that when tk got out of prison in aZ. he had never had a driver's license prior to coming back to sc.

I just read that too and was coming to post it. It is in this long synopsis:
Upon his release, at age 30 and never having had a driver's license, Kohlhepp moved back to South Carolina, closer to his mother. He was placed on the government's sex offender registry.
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/crime/2016/11/12/driven-anger/93548938/

It's interesting to me LE said he 'shot someone' rather than killed someone in Arizona. I wonder if it was a shooting where someone survived.

I don't think searches have to be limited just to before TK went to prison. If his father still lived there, he could have visited Arizona at anytime and possibly lived there a short time after prison too? I think TK is pretty unlikely for the Vernette Wester case. Her children all think the estranged (abusive) husband did it and he refused to cooperate with police.

BBM. That stood out to me as well. I wondered if they might actually have been referring to the rape in AZ. The police officer mentioned that TK had pulled the trigger in the alleyway but the gun misfired. Could that be the shooting in question?

Not that I think there is much of a chance that all of TK's victims have been found already, but it's surprising that this would be the only mention of another shooting.

Crime Watch Daily had an interview with TK's neighbor today. The neighbor said that TK had bragged that when he lived in AZ he would shoot people who made him mad and put the body in a barrel to rot. Perhaps when police told Scott Ponder's widow that TK may have shot someone in AZ they were going off of interviews with his neighbors and coworkers who described him bragging about things like that. Just a idea, IDK.

From Gardener's long post

Dec 2005: Spartanburg County sheriff's investigators continued working Friday to determine why two men died in a mobile home near Woodruff. A friend found the bodies of 16-year-old Donnie Miller Jr. and 43-year-old Mardell Hunter just before noon Thursday.

http://www.goupstate.com/news/20051217/investigators-searching-for-leads-in-homicides

Spartanburg County sheriff's investigators continued working Friday to determine why two men died in a mobile home near Woodruff.
A friend found the bodies of 16-year-old Donnie Miller Jr. and 43-year-old Mardell Hunter just before noon Thursday.
"If they're going to be so bold to walk into somebody's house and kill two people, that's not going to stop them from doing somebody else. Those are the type of people we want off our street."
The killings mark the 25th and 26th homicides in Spartanburg County so far this year. That eclipses the most recent high mark of 25, which was set in 1998.

Surprised this hasn't been talked about.

I know the murders were long before TK moved into his large property in Woodruff, but this happened on the property directly across the road from where he had big plans.

I can recall some friends from my long gone past having designs on certain areas of land or properties in the area we were growing up. I lost contact with them and maybe they got their dream and maybe they didn't. Who's to say TK wasn't one of these types and wanted land in that very area.

I think its important to know who TK bought the property from and who owned the property over the road from him and what happened to it when the owner was murdered.

From Gardener's long post

Surprised this hasn't been talked about.

I know the murders were long before TK moved into his large property in Woodruff, but this happened on the property directly across the road from where he had big plans.

I can recall some friends from my long gone past having designs on certain areas of land or properties in the area we were growing up. I lost contact with them and maybe they got their dream and maybe they didn't. Who's to say TK wasn't one of these types and wanted land in that very area.

I think its important to know who TK bought the property from and who owned the property over the road from him and what happened to it when the owner was murdered.

That does seem pretty significant! In one of the long fb live videos a Fox Carolina reporter interviewed one of the neighbors who owned land next to TK's land (he didn't have a home there just had land and lived someplace else). The neighbor said that TK had contacted him wanting to buy some of his land. The man had declined to sell. I'll have to go see if I find it and figure out where that is in relation to this crime. Is it possible TK had some secret burial ground on the rural land he tried to buy and one of those men found something or saw him there or something? IDK, just throwing it out as a theory.

In one of TKs FB posts he was going back and forth with a friend in the comments about buying "the back 9 with the lake" or something like that. Does anyone have those screen shots? That might point to another possible location.
That does seem pretty significant! In one of the long fb live videos a Fox Carolina reporter interviewed one of the neighbors who owned land next to TK's land (he didn't have a home there just had land and lived someplace else). The neighbor said that TK had contacted him wanting to buy some of his land. The man had declined to sell. I'll have to go see if I find it and figure out where that is in relation to this crime. Is it possible TK had some secret burial ground on the rural land he tried to buy and one of those men found something or saw him there or something? IDK, just throwing it out as a theory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

People Magazine had an in-depth article on Todd Kohlhepp. It appears that he had been a ticking time-bomb for a number of years. His previous defense attorney indicated that he has anger control issues and his birth father gave him up for adoption citing behavior control issues. He spent 15 years in prison having been tried as an adult for a previous offense. Additionally, I have heard reports that there are family connections to the Baltimore, Md/Washington DC area as well as Southwest US (Arizona)--all interesting information not fully reported in the basic news reports on TV.

Sorry to butt in, but I haven't kept up to date with this at all. Bad me.
Have any more bodies been found since the initial 3 (Charlie and the couple)? Or have we any solid reason to believe that there are more?

No, other than the Superbike killings, the currently known victims are Charlie Carver and Meagan and Johnny Coxie.

That said, it's pretty easy to imagine that there are a lot more, he seems to have a hair trigger to any perceived insult.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

No, other than the Superbike killings, the currently known victims are Charlie Carver and Meagan and Johnny Coxie.

That said, it's pretty easy to imagine that there are a lot more, he seems to have a hair trigger to any perceived insult.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thank you my love!

Sorry to butt in, but I haven't kept up to date with this at all. Bad me.
Have any more bodies been found since the initial 3 (Charlie and the couple)? Or have we any solid reason to believe that there are more?

No new bodies have been found, but we have these recent articles:

Police in Tempe, Arizona, say they are searching through unsolved homicides dating back 30 years to see if there are any connections to alleged serial killer Todd Kohlhepp, who's made national headlines after being linked to seven deaths in South Carolina.

In a phone call earlier this month to inform Melissa Ponder Brackman that investigators had made an arrest in the 2003 shooting death of her husband, businessowner Scott Ponder, a Spartanburg County sheriff’s deputy said Kohlhepp “admitted to shooting somebody in Arizona.”
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...used-sc-serial-killer-todd-kohlhepp/94067900/

Investigators continued their search this week, and at least one criminal profiler tells PEOPLE in this week’s issue that he thinks they’re going to find more victims.

“I guarantee you there are more bodies out there,” says John Kelly, a criminal profiler for nearly 20 years and the president of profiling team S.T.A.L.K. Inc.

Kelly alleges, “[Kohlhepp] has other bodies. These guys always hold some stuff back from the police. They need to have their little secret. They need something they can have control over. If you look at these other bondage, fantasy-driven serial killers, they don’t stop. These guys always give you a good body count.”
http://people.com/crime/todd-kohlhepp-suspected-serial-killer-more-bodies/

BBM.

In one of TKs FB posts he was going back and forth with a friend in the comments about buying "the back 9 with the lake" or something like that. Does anyone have those screen shots? That might point to another possible location.

I noticed the lake on the other property when I was looking at the map but had not seen/heard the comments from TK. It's possible that's the "beach" he referred to in other comments.

I noticed the lake on the other property when I was looking at the map but had not seen/heard the comments from TK. It's possible that's the "beach" he referred to in other comments.
I think It was in the same comments where someone shared a panorama photo with a blonde walking down the trail on the property. One of TKs friends asked when something woukd be ready...shooting range I think, and he said he woukd need to buy the back area with the lake first. Which I thought was really odd because surely his property wad already large enough to build pretty much anything, why would he need more and why that specific spot? Also from the aerials, there is some sort of structure near the lake, but I wasnt able to find any info about it. Not sure if it is the lake, the structure, or both that he wanted.

I had considered that the beach might be that lake then dismissed it when I saw it wasnt on his property and he fenced his entire property which would limit easy access to that lake, whether it was his or not.

There is a spot along the river on his land that he shared photos of and talked about being swarmed by yellow jackets there, so I assumed that was his "beach".

[snipped]

There is a spot along the river on his land that he shared photos of and talked about being swarmed by yellow jackets there, so I assumed that was his "beach".

LOL. I thought I had read every single word and seen every single picture surrounding this case. Guess not. I haven't seen the pictures of the river. This is the first case I've ever needed screenshots, and I didn't do any of that until after everything started disappearing :-( I also dismissed the lake at first, and have been thinking all along "the beach," if there is one, would be along the river somewhere. We have an area on our river that we call "the beach."

For someone who was locked up for 15 years, he sure seems to have done well financially. I agree that he must have robbed someone at some point u less relatives gave him money.
I read that he was working in real estate. What realtor would hire a guy with the kind of record he had? In Michigan, if you so much as take a leak in an alley, then you'll be lucky to get hired to clean toilets at a bowling alley for minimum wage.

He lied on his state real estate license application. Real Estate Agents are independent contractors, so they don't place applications with firms they work for. They just have to be able to prove they are a licensed agent. So the state should bear the burden of not vetting him properly.

As for the money aspect, he not only was an agent, he owned the company. This means he had other agents working for his company, and he made a profit off of each one of their sales. This would have given him financial stability rather quickly.

(I am a real estate agent myself- just not active)

Can anyone find media or official documentation to verify that TK was sent to an institution in Milledgeville, GA? There was some talk of this on the other thread but now I can't find the media link. I was thinking, since there is speculation TK committed the Superbike murders as some form of revenge, perhaps we should also look for victims around Milledgeville or who worked at the institution at one time.

I have heard that he was angry because he bought a bike from them and wanted to return it and they wouldn't allow.

I live less than an hour from that Mental Institution in Milledgeville. Where did he go to school when he lived in Georgia?

I wonder if he's targeting couples because he had a hard time getting females to come out to that property alone. There are a few (if not more) stories of females getting creeped out by him and bailing, I think at least one who went to that property and took off (can't find link right now). But he didn't always own that property and probably targeted people in other ways earlier (i.e. Superbike)

Probably a long shot but Russell and Shirley Dermond (Lake Oconee Georgia- May 2014)?

I would rule out the Dermond's. I don't have sources I can site at the moment, but a lot of red flags that would make me think it's not TK. It is believed that LE has a solid lead, although they want it to appear they have no clues. I expect it will never be solved, but I believe LE knows who was behind the Dermond's murder. Like I said, I can't source it, so I don't want to comment on how I know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back