Todd Kohlhepp - Breaking News / Latest Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Ms. Brown ever say why she thinks the shot in the forehead statement is a lie? She talks an awful lot about evidence, but doesn't give the reader much evidence herself. (Unless I missed it?)

Did Ms. Brown ever say why she thinks the shot in the forehead statement is a lie? She talks an awful lot about evidence, but doesn't give the reader much evidence herself. (Unless I missed it?)

No, she just states that while they were shot execution style, they were not shot in the forehead. I assume she is referencing that she knows this because she saw the case file.

In her now removed blogs, she mentioned quite a few times that she had knowledge that she could have only gotten from LE but didn't want to share it because she knew they were keeping it quiet.

She said that in her opinion the evidence pointed towards a suspect that the sheriff refused to investigate not a random pissed off customer. In a way she was headed in the right direction, it was someone LE failed to investigate, her profile was wrong and I think she got so caught up in the lack of investigation of a specific person to realise that it wasn't just one guy, it was also a list of people they were not following up., maybe she didn't even know there was a list of 15 names.

I can't see why she would lie about having access, she seems pretty well respected but I have read a lot about how dodgy (allegedly) the sheriff is so I tend to believe her that she was asked to look at the case.

Regardless of if her profile was off the mark or not, if she saw the case file she would know how they were shot. I think that's what she is trying to get at, she read the scene wrong, her profile was incorrect but the evidence is evidence, they were either shot in the forehead or they weren't .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Imo, many profilers do not actually understand the minds of a psychopath. Not only are they very brazen but they think much faster than we do and they have a reason for everything they say and everything they do. They can fool even the most experienced and seasoned homicide investigators. Many advanced psychopathic predators even have the ability to defeat Locard's exchange principle.. The residue they leave in their wake cannot be detected by CSI, forensics, or the usual lab tests. Their residue consists of 'love, rage, hatred, fear, evil'.. You must enter their minds to truly understand them... Many, if not most, profilers do not have the unique ability to do this.. I've met PB at a missing person conference a few year ago and although very intelligent, imo she does not have this ability.. jmo

Not sure when PB reviewed and then profiled the SBM case but retired FBI BAU John Douglas Profiled the case in 2004 and his profile was spot on.. John Douglas was making a presentation at a local College when investigators approached him and asked if he would review the case. He agreed and profiled the case pro bono...

http://www.goupstate.com/news/20041105/killer-profiled-as-angry-gunman

Killer profiled as angry gunman

Posted Nov 5, 2004 at 12:25 AM

By JANET S. SPENCER Staff Writer
A nationally known criminal profiler, author and former FBI agent said Thursday that one person shot and killed the four victims at Superbike Motorsports near Chesnee last year.

John Douglas described a trail of death after reviewing the file from Spartanburg County sheriff's investigators.

He said the killer acting alone fits the mold of a disgruntled customer or someone who wanted to get back at one of the victims.

<snipped - read more>

WOW! He was crazy spot on... even down to the part about someone who target practices at a gun range or "out in the woods" somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imo, many profilers do not actually understand the minds of a psychopath. Not only are they very brazen but they think much faster than we do and they have a reason for everything they say and everything they do. They can fool even the most experienced and seasoned homicide investigators. Many advanced psychopathic predators even have the ability to defeat Locard's exchange principle.. The residue they leave in their wake cannot be detected by CSI, forensics, or the usual lab tests. Their residue consists of 'love, rage, hatred, fear, evil'.. You must enter their minds to truly understand them... Many, if not most, profilers do not have the unique ability to do this.. I've met PB at a missing person conference a few year ago and although very intelligent, imo she does not have this ability.. jmo

I agree that few profilers have that extra something that gives them that ability. John Douglas & Jim Clemente are two of only a handful of others who do.

I agree that few profilers have that extra something that gives them that ability. John Douglas & Jim Clemente are two of only a handful of others who do.

I agree cujenn81, there is No way to compete with John Douglas, Roger L. Depue, or Robert Ressler's profile, imo.. All of these FBI Special Agents were/are Legends...

“JOURNEY INTO DARKNESS” BY JOHN DOUGLAS(1997); Author and FBI BSU; Behavioral Science Unit Profiler...

JD penetrates the minds and motives of the most terrifying prolific predators/serial killers. . JD was one of the early pioneers of the FBI’s Elite BSU and many of the techniques, strategies, and procedures used in tracking and identifying unidentified subjects today can be attributed to his experiences into the abyss or darkness….

'The FBI BSU was later changed to the FBI BAU; Behavior Analysis Unit, for obvious reasons. The BS Unit, which was also referred too as the Witches unit due to it being located 60' underground, with dim lighting/no windows, and their unique ability to enter the darkness of the minds that they frequently and routinely encountered'..

Prologue: ‘In the Mind of a Killer’

This isn’t the Hollywood version. It isn’t sanitized, or prettied up, or rendered into art. This is the way it really happens. If anything, it’s worse than the way I describe it…

"AS I HAD SO MANY TIMES BEFORE, I PUT MYSELF IN THE MIND OF THE KILLER".. Quote: by John Douglas...
https://www.amazon.com/Journey-Into-D.../dp/1439199817

He goes on to say that he also puts his head into the mind of the innocent victim/s also to be able to see the whole picture….

This experience could cause a strong minded person, severe physical and mental health issues, or at a minimum; 'cry a river of tears'.. jmo..

As do Catholic Priests that perform multiple exorcisms, Agent Douglas, paid a hefty price with his health, even though he had the ability to compartmentalize and possessed a very high tolerance level, due to the enormous ‘evil’ that he and his team routinely encountered...

continued -

When the FBI BSU was established, John Douglas; one of the pioneers of the BSU/BAU suffered health issues due to the overwhelming evil that he routinely endured. Safety precautions were later enacted in the FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit to minimize their continuous contamination of the evil the profilers endured.
http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0235123/quotes

[recalling how his obsession with finding the Green River Killer almost killed him] I didn't have a support system. I came back, I took out Inca Protection insurance, and life insurance, I went out to Seattle before I left, I told my family about my life insurance.

'You shouldn't go, what's wrong with you? You don't look right'. I'm getting headaches, I just don't feel right, but they're depending on me to go out there.
I go before the task force, and that night I tell them 'Don't bother me, I'm not going out tomorrow, I'm getting the flu'. I collapse in my hotel room, they find me two days later with a lesion on my brain, I had viral encephalitis, related to the stress just burnt me out. Brain swelled, split the brain, left side paralysis, 220 heartbeat, 105-107 body temperature, my eyes were dilated, my whole system shut down.

I'm in this coma now, and they take me to the hospital, but I'm aware, I'm aware something's going on around me. And they're starting to, I feel pain, and they're putting tubes in every body orifice in me, and I feel pain, and the last thing was the life support system, and they're forcing it down my throat. And I think I'm in hell; I think all these guys I've been after, they got me now, I'm being tortured, and now I'm being choked to death, I can't breathe...

Greer police trying to connect elusive clue to triple-murder case

<snips>
The search continues for the Greer Police Department seeking a clue that would help solve a 2003 triple-murder case. When alleged serial killer Todd Kohlhepp, 45, a real estate agent from Moore, confessed to the quadruple homicide in the 2003 Superbike Motorsports earlier this month, the GPD made Kohlhepp a person of interest in the Blue Ridge Savings Bank killings.

Meanwhile, police in Tempe, Ariz., according to reports, are searching through unsolved homicides dating back 30 years to see if there are any connections to Kohlhepp.

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2016/11/none-of-superbike-victims-were-shot-in.html?m=1

The Daily Profiler
Hosted by The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency
Friday, November 25, 2016
None of the Superbike Victims were Shot in the Forehead

NOTE: A number of people have not believed that I have any real knowledge of whether or not the Superbike victims were actually shot in the forehead. To them: I have read the autopsy and police reports as I reviewed this case in person at the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office. The information below on the location of the headshot wounds comes directly from the reports.

<snipped - read more>

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2016/11/none-of-superbike-victims-were-shot-in.html?m=1

The Daily Profiler
Hosted by The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency
Friday, November 25, 2016
None of the Superbike Victims were Shot in the Forehead

NOTE: A number of people have not believed that I have any real knowledge of whether or not the Superbike victims were actually shot in the forehead. To them: I have read the autopsy and police reports as I reviewed this case in person at the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office. The information below on the location of the headshot wounds comes directly from the reports.

<snipped - read more>

I read this entire blog post and now I am even more confused. Started to type a long reply but I think I will just on my hands for a bit. :silenced:

Yeah, I think the Profiler blog has pretty much been beaten to death as a topic. The charges are against TK because he has confessed. LE says he provided info only the killer could know. I have to take that at face value.

Profiling IMO is one part science one part art and never exact.

Thanks for the link about GPD looking at TK as a potential suspect in the bank murders. I wish the article had been clearer about if they still feel he is a viable lead or were able to move past him.

If the vicitms were shot in the head at point blank range to make sure they were dead and that detail was NOT public, then TK saying he shot them in the forehead is enough for me. JMO

If the vicitms were shot in the head at point blank range to make sure they were dead and that detail was NOT public, then TK saying he shot them in the forehead is enough for me. JMO

Agree.

He definitely loves his guns.

Because all of his victims die by gunshots.

No wonder he was wanting his 95 acre property.

Jmo.

If a rso has 95 acres that they live on/ or own

Then some agency should periodically check out their land for just in case purposes. Jmo

Agree.

He definitely loves his guns.

Because all of his victims die by gunshots.

No wonder he was wanting his 95 acre property.

Jmo.

If a rso has 95 acres that they live on/ or own

Then some agency should periodically check out their land for just in case purposes.
Jmo

<BBM for Focus>

Although psychopathic serial predators/killers have many MOs, traits, patterns, etc., in common. Due to their calculating, creativity, and ability to deflect and manipulate. Many times they will have their own little idiosyncrecies that separate them from the others
While researching serial killer Gary Hilton, an obvious pattern emerged. GMH was an outdoors man, military trained, and avid camper and hiker. He was aware that big game hunters are the eyes and ears of the forests. All of his known victims were taken either the day before hunting season opened or the day after the season closed in State WMAs and National Forests. GMH had access to thousands of acres in many states to commit his heinous crimes in virtual privacy..

I thought it was public knowledge. I watched a documentary on YouTube about it and I swear that they said he shot them and then came back before he left and shot them in the head. I'll try to dig it up

Yeah, I think the Profiler blog has pretty much been beaten to death as a topic. The charges are against TK because he has confessed. LE says he provided info only the killer could know. I have to take that at face value.

Profiling IMO is one part science one part art and never exact.

Thanks for the link about GPD looking at TK as a potential suspect in the bank murders. I wish the article had been clearer about if they still feel he is a viable lead or were able to move past him.

I do like Pat Brown's theory about how the shootings happened. But whether or not it was in the forehead seems like much ado about nothing.

I thought it was public knowledge. I watched a documentary on YouTube about it and I swear that they said he shot them and then came back before he left and shot them in the head. I'll try to dig it up

The Crime Watch Daily Special from Feb 2016 mentioned they were "shot in the head, execution style" in one of the videos. When I think of execution style I think of someone shot in the BACK of the head. The detail of where was never revealed. It turns out almost all of the victims were shot close to the top, side or front of their head. I feel like PB is splitting hairs (no pun intended) to say that they were NOT shot in the forehead and the detectives are lying. The detective was not a medical examiner giving an exact location--he was generalizing, IMO, while talking to a victim's wife. Also, no one said all 4 were shot "dead in the center of the forehead" as PB says that must mean when you say someone was shot in the forehead. This forehead info was not even an official statement made on TV by the police. IMO we need to wait to see what other evidence they have--they said there were other things TK knew that only the killer could know. We have not even seen TK's exact statement to police. Maybe he described very specifically how the victims were laying and where on their head he placed a final bullet.

http://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/02/08/4-people-massacred-in-motorsports-shop-in-middle-of-day/

Sorry for :deadhorse: .

The Crime Watch Daily Special from Feb 2016 mentioned they were "shot in the head, execution style" in one of the videos. When I think of execution style I think of someone shot in the BACK of the head. The detail of where was never revealed. It turns out almost all of the victims were shot close to the top, side or front of their head.

Sorry for :deadhorse: .

Ahh that was exactly where I saw that. Thank you for the correction. I must have assumed. My bad!

Ahh that was exactly where I saw that. Thank you for the correction. I must have assumed. My bad!

It might have been reported elsewhere, that's just where recalled seeing it. Crime Watch Daily puts their videos on You tube as well.

Charged with 3 murders and 1 kidnapping. Still not charged with anything that has to do with KB yet. Also interesting, Megean must not have have been shot right away and perhaps he did keep her tied up as well.

"Kohlhepp is now charged with Murder in the deaths of Charles Carver, Megan Coxie, and Johnny Coxie. He is also charged with kidnapping Megan Coxie. He was also charged with three counts of Possession of a Weapon During a Violent Crime.

Deputies say Kohlhepp will not face Kidnapping charges for Charles Carver and Johnny Coxie because it is believed they went to Kohlhepp’s property voluntarily."

http://wspa.com/2016/11/28/kohlhepp-charged-with-3-counts-of-murder-1-count-of-kidnapping/

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member