UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth would a driver knock Corrie over and put him in their boot?!

There have actually been many cases where a driver has accidentally struck a pedestrian and instead of facing up to it they stuff body (and even still alive) in vehicle or boot and drive somewhere isolated to dispose.

Look, I'm not having a pop at you.....just saying, you have a tendency to say this wouldn't happen, he wouldn't have done that... etc. but when if you look into LOTS of missing persons/homicide cases, truth can often be much stranger than fiction!

My first post so be gentle. Am I the only person who has been wondering why so many calls from brother on the Friday including one nearly for an hour in the car before going out and then no further calls for three days when they are then notified by base of absence? Does anyone know how long the drive from Fife could take?

Its also noticeable that according to Corrie's family, he used to speak to his brother several times a day - EACH day. So why didn't his brother raise the alarm on the Saturday when Corrie went silent?

I must admit that I did wonder if the family were worried prior to the base realising that Corrie was missing for duty. I don't think the family could be involved due to all the pushing they have done to help find him. If so am honest, I am hoping that Corrie has decided to take time out because at least he would still he alive. Not that I think that isn't a serious matter but he could have been really miserable for some reason and scared to share it with anyone.

This is the first time I have posted by the way. I have followed with interest for a couple of weeks and decided to sign up as this case has intrigued me.

It is very strange indeed.

Sometimes in these type of cases the people you suspect the least as being part of someone's disappearance, turn out to be in the thick of it. Yes, it could be that Corrie's family have no idea where he is, but let's suppose they do know he's gone AWOL, they'd NEED to show that they're looking for him. You hav ego look at EVERY element.

Yep I said the same thing. If none of my family heard a peep out of me either via phone call, text or no sign of social media activity, alarm bells would be ringing well before Monday morning. Like you said, the phone calls to his brother on the Friday and then zilch. Fife to bse must be at least 6-7 hours.

Good points!

And anyone going AWOL wouldn't go to their hometown, for sure. They'd be keeping a low profile....

They'd possibly go in the opposite direction....and would know where they're going to....

The other thing people seem to forget, is that anyone who goes AWOL will change their appearance once they've reached their destination. It's so easy to change your hair colour, hair style, grow a beard....

The Find Corry tweet comes up on my twitter timeline every couple of days. I've retweeted it a couple of times but you can't keep sending the same message to the same readership indefinitely.

Oh, Twitter is a completely different ballgame to Facebook. I'm on there, and it's really more for businesses, ventures, celebrities etc...although some people will contribute to a trending topic, too. But when you constantly see the same tweet popping up it irritates people and they simply put the sender on mute, so they don't have to see it anymore.

At 3.25

attachment.php

At 3.40

attachment.php

Where did it go ?

# Someone picked it up between Corrie entering and the running man

# The running man was not at 3.40, but before Corrie entered.

I don't know.

That's probably a tossed piece of tape-away wrapper. What's the relevance of that? There was a slight wind that night too, so it probably just blew away like litter does. Or someone walked past it and it got kicked out the way....

I can't see the connection between dropped litter and Corrie? Or is this all about what happened to Corrie's take-away wrapppers?

Could be. I don't know. Could be nothing. It just looks odd.

Would you use chip paper to wipe a knife ?
Or your hands ?

So so where's the blood on the ground then?????? This has been ESTABLISHED. The area was forensically searched and there was no trace of Corrie having been attacked.

Corrie wasn't carrying any rubbish with him in CCTV 2 so I would expect that the timing is wrong and the CCTV has been clipped , I'm even starting to doubt the time on cctv2 when corrie was last seen , it's ether a complete cover up or the police are completely useless , I wouldn't trust them to find a lost cat let along a family member, complete shambles from day one no door to door,

He probably left his chip wrappers etc in the doorway. In fact, he must have, because he had his hands in his pockets.

I think that they should maybe stage a reconstruction as this has been useful in previous cases in getting people to come forward and in attracting widespread media attention. I am very sceptical about the value of the CCTV viewings in the pod from the quality of footage which has been shown on line. I also think that the age group of the people they seem to be hoping to come forward to identify themselves is one which probably does not watch news and is also wary of the police, especially if experimenting with drugs or drinking too much whilst out clubbing, so I cannot see there being many leads unless their parents recognise them.

Given where Corrie's phone last pinged in Barton Mills, which is in the general vicinity of the Fiveways Roundabout, he could, willingly or unwillingly, have been spirited away down any of the A roads off that roundabout. For all we know, he could be in London.

Where actually is the Fivewats Roundabout in relation to BSE and Barton Mill? Would that be the direction you'd go if heading south from BSE?

If he was with his phone it would have pinged another mast on the journey.

IF he's gone AWOL - which you CANNOT rule out - he'd either sling his phone in the bin before leaving - which is probbaly why he went to the bin area - and the lorry unwittingly collected it.

OR.....as it was a 2-SIM card phone, he simply removed SIM card number one (his primary phone number), in the Barton Mills area at about 8am after spending a good few hours there with someone, and then headed off with his phone containing just the second SIM card.

I'd say it was DEFINITELY in the bin lorry...and Corrie himself placed it in there. It was a phone of little value and he would have removed the second SIM before putting the phone in the bin. He probably already had his newly bought phone on him...

Tony has just replied to someone saying Corrie could have left on foot after 8am.

"Please read the update. "He didn't leave on foot before 8am".

This means he either left in a vehicle before 8am or on foot or in a vehicle after 8am."

I'm so confused by this case. I thought we were repeatedly being told he had DEFINITELY left before 8am and that it was IMPOSSIBLE he left on foot. Now he may have left after 8am and may have left on foot. There are so many contradictions and changes of the "facts" in this case that the only thing I'm sure of right now is that a man named Corrie is missing. Everything else is likely to change again by morning.

How can Tony categorically say anything at all? He wasn't there. He's not the police. He may be ex-military but that doesn't mean he knows how to find missing people. What's more, he's constantly changing his statements, so they shouldn't be taken as oath.

plus, as none of the people who weren't even TRYING to avoid the cameras can barely be seen on the images, why should Corrie be seen? Supposing too that he slipped a dark jacket on that he'd left in the clothes recycling bin? Even less chance of being spotted!

There have actually been many cases where a driver has accidentally struck a pedestrian and instead of facing up to it they stuff body (and even still alive) in vehicle or boot and drive somewhere isolated to dispose.

Look, I'm not having a pop at you.....just saying, you have a tendency to say this wouldn't happen, he wouldn't have done that... etc. but when if you look into LOTS of missing persons/homicide cases, truth can often be much stranger than fiction!

well, all the hit and runs I've heard of in the U.K have been exactly that - hit and RUN. NEVER have I heard of a driver knocking a pedestrian down and then putting the dead weight in their boot (unseen), then finding somewhere to dump the body....thus leaving all the blood and DNA of the victim in their boot!

No one would be stupid enough to do such such a thing!

From what I've heard about the events of that night I'd say the first deviation was him sitting in his car in BSE drinking, because if that was "normal" for Corrie he had problems.

Problems? No, I don't think so, I'm a 29 year old female and I don't know one person who doesn't drink a bottle of something before we go out, although rare that I go out so much these days but when I do I always drink a bottle first, saves playing catch up (it takes a while to get drunk in a bar) and also saves a lot of money if you go half drunk lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although note the Facebook posts discussing the behaviour or a man dressed all I'm black lurking around the pod.

IF Corrie was attacked or taken by someone, the last place they'd go to is the hub. You're possibly assuming it's some kind of sick psycho who takes "trophies" of their crimes, but there's ZILCH evidence that Corrie was attacked, met with an accident, or taken.

Not forgetting that some people who went to view came from MILES away, many of them middle-aged women who are quite possibly heavily involved in the case because they little going on in their lives, and have become fixated with the whole scenario.

Sometimes in these type of cases the people you suspect the least as being part of someone's disappearance, turn out to be in the thick of it. Yes, it could be that Corrie's family have no idea where he is, but let's suppose they do know he's gone AWOL, they'd NEED to show that they're looking for him. You hav ego look at EVERY element.

A thought: if it could be shown that (a) Corrie went AWOL and (b) the family knew of that and assisted him, what would be the consequences, if any, for Nicola as a serving police officer and Tony as someone (still) involved in the security sector?

Where actually is the Fivewats Roundabout in relation to BSE and Barton Mill? Would that be the direction you'd go if heading south from BSE?

It's the big roundabout on the A11 where the A1101 crossses the A11 and the A1065 heads off northwards. It's about 11 miles NW of BSE. Barton Mills is about one mile SW. Mildenhall is about a mile NW of it and Lakenheath about 3 miles to the north.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...55b645451b292eb0!8m2!3d52.3379656!4d0.5354293

The household recycling centre and the gay hookup/dogging venue which we discussed endlessly a couple of weeks ago are both a few hundred yards north of the roundabout on the A1065.

Problems? No, I don't think so, I'm a 29 year old female and I don't know one person who doesn't drink a bottle of something before we go out, although rare that I go out so much these days but when I do I always drink a bottle first, saves playing catch up (it takes a while to get drunk in a bar) and also saves a lot of money if you go half drunk lol

Sure, you might get preloaded before heading off, but you have a few drinks and then take public transport into town. You don't drive in and then sit drinking in your car for an hour where any copper could come along and knock on your window.

It's not clear how much Corrie drank in that hour, but we do know that after briefly visiting two other bars looking for his friends nd finding them in FLEX, he was drunk enough or getting that way to be thrown out after only 30 minutes.

It's quite likely then that he was already over the drink-drive limit before he even left his car, aka drunk in charge if a copper had tapped on his window, and THAT situation should not be "normal" for anyone.

Looking back over what happened that night, it's strange to think that something as apparently minor as him being left at base, accidentally or otherwise, triggered a chain of events that almost certainly led to his death within a few hours.

I've said it before and I'll say it again I think the choice of the word vehicles has been used carefully.
The dust cart has been named as a dustcart,.
the silver one parked in the layby outside Hughes was called a car..these 3 we know nothing about are being called vehicles.
So could one of the vehicles be a motor bike - helmet, leathers or additional clothes would obscure id pretty well...need to see vehicles now please (plus 4 minute man).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998