UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly I just don't know what to think now. With all the police silence and the various contradictions and backtracking I'm even getting past caring very much.

I know what you mean, there is definitely a pattern in some cases and we've reached that point where people take a break until there's news. I also know we do all care or we wouldn't be here!!

The most frustrating thing for me in Corries case is that we have a lot of family involvement including updates, a website, and the administration of a social media account - none of which are usual, or common - and yet the information is unreliable or contradictory at times. So while it's forthcoming and has led to much discussion sometimes it feels like a wild goose chase.

Personally I think it's time the police set out a verified timeline, inclusive of when these pedestrians and vehicles were seen. A reconstruction if you like. I hope they're just waiting to rule out the initial 32/23 before going public with the rest.

I keep thinking about this hour call to Darroch my son would ring me and talk to me if he felt down and to cheer him up I would mention plans like oh well easter say was coming we could have a get togther at mine get the bbq out few drinks invite your mates just to cheer him up and give him something to look forward to. I keep thinking mixture of the drink and his mates leaving him he maybe was a bit down but not enough to commit suicide. I don't know about anyone else but if your happy and you start drinking on that happy mood you stay fun and happy but if you have stuff on your mind your a bit cheesed off and you drink things play on your mind and can come out on the night in question. Hope I'm making some sort of sense

It's so hard regarding the phone call. Ringing multiple times would suggest they had sometime to talk about but it was my assumption they were discussing darroch visiting so I don't think it's all that unusual.

Re Tony's update saying the 3/4 vehicles have been identified the wording made me think they have been identified but not traced. If they'd been traced, I think Tony would have said that but he didn't so I imagine they're still working on that.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Good question. I looked this up on Google Maps in an earlier thread, and my answer would be 'no' to going south. I didn't look up a route to go south, I just followed the BSE to Barton Mills road, and I figured it's not a natural route to go to Cambridge or anywhere south of Cambridge. It's okay for Ely, Wisbech, up to Lincolnshire.

It's also probably an okay route if you want to get onto the A1, but again I'd want to go north on the A1 not south, and you could go Ely to Peterborough and catch the A1 there. Or, also in Peterborough you could join up with the railway, the East Coast Mainline going up to places like Leeds, and from there it goes all the way up the east side of Scotland (I forget where it terminates, but I'm pretty sure Edinburgh is on that line).

All of what I've said is remembering from that earlier research combined with my knowledge of that rail line. I wouldn't mind researching the map further if we think it might be worth exploring?

ETA that's taking the road from BSE to the Fiveways roundabout. It's remotely possible that the lower road might ping on that mast, and I think that one would go naturally to Newmarket and Cambridge. I don't think from my gut that I'd go south on that road, but the map would need to be looked at, or local knowledge of the natural routes to places like London.

There's only 3 vehicles that have been identified but uncle t doesn't want us to speculate. Do the police and the raf want us to speculate because I'm gonna. Can/have those vehicles been tracked leaving Bury and what direction did they go? They surely have that don't they so can/have they be/been ruled out yet fps?

Re Tony's update saying the 3/4 vehicles have been identified the wording made me think they have been identified but not traced. If they'd been traced, I think Tony would have said that but he didn't so I imagine they're still working on that.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
Great minds think alike I hadnt seen your comment when I sent mine.

CJ357 finally found it lol the original post is on Nicolas personal post of " It is said you cant choose your family " it is just above the 4 squared photo of corrie with the wording FINDCORRIEMCKEAGUE ... around 2hrs ago post hope you can find it X

Buried among 1070 other posts and this sums up the problem. I don't have time to scroll through all that... and I'm having a lazy Saturday! Imagine how hard it is for the family to find potentially important posts.

What was the upshot of discussion about a group of people near the bins and/or a possible altercation? And has my question been answered yet about whether any of our locals have seen the hub footage?

CJ357 finally found it lol the original post is on Nicolas personal post of " It is said you cant choose your family " it is just above the 4 squared photo of corrie with the wording FINDCORRIEMCKEAGUE ... around 2hrs ago post hope you can find it X

Got it, thank you! I wonder if this footage having been reviewed changes anything in terms of the police investigation. Nicola implied in her recent interview that the reason the police couldn't categorically say he had left in a vehicle was that they still hadn't reviewed the later CCTV footage to rule out a later exit on foot.

Initially the police searched the horse shoe area (and stairways, rooftops etc) and used the ping data to located his movements, hence they came up with the bin lorry.

With that drawing a blank as to his where-abouts results, the police wanted to find witnesses that saw him that night. And likely the ones in Short Brackland.
And so we had cctv #1 released. And the police "hub" or "pod" in Bury town centre. It's actually a "port-a-cabin", but we live in modern times, so they call everything something else !
They must have had some results...but nothing significant.

From that, we had the cctv #2 images released. And no one knew it was of him walking into that precise area. Still nothing of great importance rose to the surface. But there must have been some results. More people identified.

Then we had information that "quite a lot of people" were in that area within "the target window" and the release (in the "port-a-cabin" and only to attendees) of numerous unidentified people.
I expect there will be more information obtained, but to what effect is as yet unknown.

And yet... the narrative is Corrie likely left the horse shoe area of Short Brackland in a vehicle. And I guess they mean, in 1 of the 3 that were seen on cctv.

But as "random attacks" rarely involve the removal of a body, the investigation must feel there is something a bit more "sinister" about his disappearance.... or it is a very unusual AWOL situation.

I appreciate that, in a "live investigation" all information cannot be divulged to the public, clearly if ....
1. He's not still in that area
2. He's not seen leaving on foot
It points to "He left in 1 of the 3 unidentified cars".

Yet there is all this "cloak and dagger" going on as to "Corrie's normal Friday night out" and at no point has anyone (in an official capacity) addressed the question "why was he in the doorway for 2 hours".

Bizarre.

I have to agree CoverMeCagney I do tend to try and have a good look at a lot of it once a day and at min there is a post that hasn't had notifications turned off about him maybe voluntary gone missing a lot have shot him down and I feel this is why things are not being said on that page as people are scared to get the retaliation from other members or upset Nicola.

For the quick poll, and still working on my elimination assumptions post...

IF I eliminate all of those things, then I feel it's most likely that Corrie had a night out, shortened by getting thrown out of the club, which left him separated from his mates. Instead of getting a taxi home, maybe he thought he'd get something to eat and hang around until his mates came out and see if they walked by him and he'd get a lift back with them.

Instead, he dozed off from the drink and the heavy tummy and late night. It's gone three so he checks his phone (or a message comes through), leading to the forwarding of the picture. While on the phone he checks who's still up, or someone sees him online and messages him. He explains his predicament of being stuck in BSE, either the other person suggests they'll come pick him up or he asks them to. He waits in the doorway for 15 mins and then saunters down to the loading bay, maybe for a pee before they arrive or maybe just because that's a rational place for a pickup considering the layout of the pedestrianized streets.

A car drives down Short Brackland and wants to use the loading bay to turn around, Corrie gets in the car as it does the turn-around manoevre, and the car drives out with him in it. All over by the time running man goes past at approx 3.40, and definitely before the bin lorry gets there around 4ish.

Corrie seems very social and I can't imagine him getting in a fight with someone who's just given him a lift (back to their place, presumably as he's not been found en route to Honington). But for some reason there's a fight, Corrie is mortally injured and fearing manslaughter charges the assailant manages a cover-up, driving the body Saturday night under cover of darkness to somewhere like Thetford Forest, where it still lies, undiscovered. In this theory the phone was with Corrie but ran out of battery before 8am. It could have been dumped with the body, or could be thrown in a bin belonging to the householder and gone into household waste over the past 9 weeks completely unnoticed in regular rubbish.

Pretty good theory Amonet. It answers some.of the burning questions too - Most importantly, where is Corrie, where is the phone, was it with Corrie when he left the horseshoe, why wait a good 15 or more minutes in the doorway before walking down to the horseshoe, why he was hanging around anyway...Time will tell.

For the quick poll, and still working on my elimination assumptions post...

I also think this is the most likely scenario of what happened.

The idea of a pre-planned AWOL with the whole family in on it seems too fanciful and I put the family's misstatements and contradictions about the timings of the events purely down to the complexity of the case, and having been drip-fed updates from the police who seem about as much use as a chocolate teapot right now.

If he willingly got into a car with someone he knows who then innocently dropped him off somewhere down the line and Corrie tried to walk back to base the rest of the way, there's no reason why that person wouldn't then come forward and help the police with the investigation - they wouldn't have done anything wrong.

I fear that if Corrie's body has yet to be found it will be a similiar story to Susan McLeans, the police fail to find the body, a search and rescue team is put together and eventually find it, but by that time any coroners investigation into the cause of death will be inconclusive because it's been such a long time since it was dumped.

Finding the body now might not be any use to finding out who killed him, but it will lay the AWOL theories to rest, the family can start grieving properly and then the police finally have a murder case on their hands rather than a missing persons one which will be taken more seriously.

Buried among 1070 other posts and this sums up the problem. I don't have time to scroll through all that... and I'm having a lazy Saturday! Imagine how hard it is for the family to find potentially important posts.

What was the upshot of discussion about a group of people near the bins and/or a possible altercation? And has my question been answered yet about whether any of our locals have seen the hub footage?

I haven't. I'm in Norfolk about 40 minutes car journey away from bse. I don't know a huge amount of people so didn't feel it was worth the journey for me, I've never even been to bse.

If it were more accessible I'd have no problem giving it a watch just in case.

This is my first post so apologies if my musings/questions have already been answered in this, or previous, threads.

We appear to have been told so much about what happened after Corrie was asked to leave Flex nightclub- he went to Mamma Mia's, the game of Rock,Stone Scissors, what he ate, who he spoke to there, sleeping in the doorway, forwarding texts etc.
However, I find it interesting that there are many things that seem so vague about the previous evening. Why was Corrie left behind at the camp, who was he intending to go out with and how large a group, what did they usually do on a Friday night, where did he park his car (I can't find an exact location, just 3-5 minutes walk away according to posts from his family), was he parked up in a car park or on a street, what pubs did he go in before Flex- one, two- who did he speak to in there, how do we know this? Did he interact with his friends in Flex, why exactly was he asked to leave- 'he was drunk' is so vague, it's a nightclub full of people drinking! I would assume he was waiting around BSE for his friends to share a taxi back to base, is what would usually happen or would there have been a designated driver? Where is the taxi rank situated in BSE if they usually got a taxi? If he wanted a quick snooze why did he not return to his car- others have suggested that he didn't want the possibility of being caught by the police in his car while intoxicated, but Corrie seemed to have no qualms about this whilst he was drinking and chatting to his brother in the car for an hour during the Friday evening. Did he contact his friends leaving Flex when he woke up, did they contact him? Everything just seems so foggy and frustrating, and deliberately so.

I know that Tony is adamant that Corrie couldn't have left the horseshoe area on foot before 8am, and that may well be what he believes, but do we know that with absolute 100% certainty? If all the vehicles in that area have been identified, have they then been discounted forensically? I also find it strange that the footage of Corrie is very clear, we can facially identify him in CCTV#2, in colour and very clear, we even see him muttering or teeth chattering- the footage of potential witnesses I've seen from Anglia news again seems less than clear- have other people already been identified and discounted from the same quality of film that we've seen Corrie in? It would seem that more CCTV footage, up til midday Saturday, has now been viewed so I suppose we must await the outcome of those findings, if any.

It really is a mystery what has happened to him but I can't help but feel there's a link with events earlier in the evening, if only because we've not been given any details.

This is my first post so apologies if my musings/questions have already been answered in this, or previous, threads.

We appear to have been told so much about what happened after Corrie was asked to leave Flex nightclub- he went to Mamma Mia's, the game of Rock,Stone Scissors, what he ate, who he spoke to there, sleeping in the doorway, forwarding texts etc.
However, I find it interesting that there are many things that seem so vague about the previous evening. Why was Corrie left behind at the camp, who was he intending to go out with and how large a group, what did they usually do on a Friday night, where did he park his car (I can't find an exact location, just 3-5 minutes walk away according to posts from his family), was he parked up in a car park or on a street, what pubs did he go in before Flex- one, two- who did he speak to in there, how do we know this? Did he interact with his friends in Flex, why exactly was he asked to leave- 'he was drunk' is so vague, it's a nightclub full of people drinking! I would assume he was waiting around BSE for his friends to share a taxi back to base, is what would usually happen or would there have been a designated driver? Where is the taxi rank situated in BSE if they usually got a taxi? If he wanted a quick snooze why did he not return to his car- others have suggested that he didn't want the possibility of being caught by the police in his car while intoxicated, but Corrie seemed to have no qualms about this whilst he was drinking and chatting to his brother in the car for an hour during the Friday evening. Did he contact his friends leaving Flex when he woke up, did they contact him? Everything just seems so foggy and frustrating, and deliberately so.

I know that Tony is adamant that Corrie couldn't have left the horseshoe area on foot before 8am, and that may well be what he believes, but do we know that with absolute 100% certainty? If all the vehicles in that area have been identified, have they then been discounted forensically? I also find it strange that the footage of Corrie is very clear, we can facially identify him in CCTV#2, in colour and very clear, we even see him muttering or teeth chattering- the footage of potential witnesses I've seen from Anglia news again seems less than clear- have other people already been identified and discounted from the same quality of film that we've seen Corrie in? It would seem that more CCTV footage, up til midday Saturday, has now been viewed so I suppose we must await the outcome of those findings, if any.

It really is a mystery what has happened to him but I can't help but feel there's a link with events earlier in the evening, if only because we've not been given any details.

The car was parked on a street near Waitrose (not in a car park) the two other places he went have been named but my memory escapes me (I think one was so bar)

You raise an interesting question, if he was looking for friends and ejected out of flex after half an hour did he even find his friends? Did he speak to them? We're rhey even in any of the places he visited or even in flex?

I really don't want to say this but the post currently on the fb page that's been left open now for comments for 2hrs to me is showing they really don't have much to go on in this case that there now getting desperate by leaving post open to hear maybe ideas or someone drop something into it

The car was parked on a street near Waitrose (not in a car park) the two other places he went have been named but my memory escapes me (I think one was so bar)

You raise an interesting question, if he was looking for friends and ejected out of flex after half an hour did he even find his friends? Did he speak to them? We're rhey even in any of the places he visited or even in flex?

Thanks for that Dcflag, at least I can see the route that Corrie may have taken to to Flex from Waitrose...it at least makes sense now that Corrie sat in Hughes' doorway to eat his food, just round the corner from the takeaway and a potential meeting/lift with his friends, rather than double back to his car.

I really don't know what to think about the police side of things with this case, are they keystone cops or is there a method in their madness with Nicola being a police officer I just think they would be more inclined to be more on the ball as in she is one of their own I know not the same force. I'm just perplexed by it all. If they were holding their trump cards close to their chest then why too many weeks passed now with nothing (that we know of). Have been watching a few youtube vids of Corrie and he seems such a likeable young man with a bubbly personality and not short of admirers the whole thing is just strange!

Does anyone know why a reconstruction hasn't happened does that come down to funding also I know some people have said it would upset family to much but when my own boy went missing I would of ripped the town apart and done whatever it took

Yes and it's been left at top of page for a reason I suspect. Hope it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288