TKS S1 E6: "A Killer on the Road".

I've noticed in recent years they are dressed more normal as not to draw much attention to themselves. But it also depends on where you are. I've noticed in larger cities, some still wear short skirts, revealing tops.
I recently went on a trip with my husband and in the places we went to they were dressed in jeans and tops with tennis shoes.
But I have been in truckstops where I have seen ladies wearing the stiletto heels, mini dresses etc.

I remember a time many years ago (my father was a trucker too and I spent a lot of summers and school breaks on trips with him in the 80's and 90's) when they knocked on the doors of the rig to garner up business. Back then most were dressed as you would expect a lady of the night to be dressed by what we learn from watching tv.

As the years have passed by I've noticed less of the jumping on the side of a rig at random. Most are in a car with their handler or driver and use the CB to advertise. Once a driver agrees to have a date she is driven to that spacific rig.

Now we're in a digital age. A lot of the drivers seeking a date will use back page and request the lady to outcall to his location.

There is a strip in the memphis area that is saturated with ladies of the night. It's a high truck traffic area. It is well known you do not park in that area unless you are seeking a date. In that paticular area the ladies walk the street. The drivers park and there's signals that he is "looking" and the ladies approach his rig. The ladies on this strip are usually dressed in the way we would expect a sex worker to dress based on what we see on tv.

So really, it depends on where you are as to how they dress.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Excellent information, thank you!
So why did that driver basically insult Rachel on the way she was dressed, or was he just a desperate creeper?

How do female truckers/ wives, partners, etc dress so as not to be approached or at least recognized as not a 'lizard'?

Another great reason to go back to railway long hauling and get these huge trucks and their drivers off the highways. Accident deaths and reckless driving injuries by the thousands, and now the perfect situation for serial killing.

NAH, IMO. We're moving forward with driverless trucks;
http://www.businessinsider.com/why-driverless-trucks-will-come-before-self-driving-cars-2016-9

IMO one 18 wheeler jackknifing creates a headache. Can you imagine a satellite going out and creating numerous malfunctions across a large area! OMG!

:cow:

So why did that driver basically insult Rachel on the way she was dressed, or was he just a desperate creeper?

How do female truckers/ wives, partners, etc dress so as not to be approached or at least recognized as not a 'lizard'?
I have no idea why he insulted her like he did other than he is A) a creeper or a combo of A and B. B being.. socially awkward which you do find a lot of in the business. When people spend copious amounts of time alone they sometimes develop odd social behaviour or came into the business already with odd social behavior. Not all drivers exhibit such odd behavior but it is noticed often.

As far as attire for a female driver or the wife or partner of a driver's dress..

Back before uniforms were a big deal to companies we dressed casual. Jeans, t-shirt, tennis shoes or flip flops. If we were a driver we kept a pair of boots in our rig for entering warehouses to comply with OSHA. Speaking Of OSHA I also always had a my own hard hat and safety glasses. I'm a germaphobe to a certain degree and do not want to use "public" property. I also always carried my own safety vest.

When I traveled with my father or husband pre driving on my own. I wore jeans, shorts (not booty shorts, just normal mid way to my knee shorts) a hoodie when it was cool outside.

Flash forward to more recent times, a lot of companies are providing drivers with uniform shirts and have dress codes. My husband is given several articles of company logo clothing a year and it is company policy they wear the shirts and are told what bottoms (pants, shorts) are acceptable. This is due to the fact that they want to project a good image and left alone, some drivers do not take pride in their personal appearance. The company even implimented grooming practices such as hair and beard length. I'm all for it.
Both my spouse and myself always kept our appearance neat and clean out of personal pride and how we were raised.

Now when I go for a trip, as well as the other wives we like to wear our husband's extra uniform shirts (his company is very nice to me and gives me some apparel each year, not all drivers wives get that but I personally do). With the company logo shirts I wear either jeans or shorts and proper shoes. This helps me blend in and people think we're a team.

If I am not wearing a company logo shirt I will wear very casual clothes like sweats but a nice set like under armour or Nike etc where the bottoms match the top. A lot of us ladies also will wear ball caps. Ball caps are great to cover bedhead too!

You learn to do things so as not to draw attention to yourself. For instance, no loud perfume. You do not wear a lot of jewelry. When on the road I only wear my wedding band, never my engagement ring. No other rings, no bracelets unless it's those cheap rubber awareness ones, and if I wear earings I only wear very small plain earings like the gold balls, never hoops or gemstones. No necklaces.

Most female drivers .. drivers wives use sweat pants and tshirt or sweatshirts for sleepwear. Wearing a gown or silk sets are not feasible in the event your rig gets broken into during your sleeper break. I've known some who sleep in their regular clothing. Not my thing, but to each their own.

NAH, IMO. We're moving forward with driverless trucks;
http://www.businessinsider.com/why-driverless-trucks-will-come-before-self-driving-cars-2016-9

IMO one 18 wheeler jackknifing creates a headache. Can you imagine a satellite going out and creating numerous malfunctions across a large area! OMG!

Lmao...
We've been reading on driverless trucks. It's so Jetsons like! I personally can see many problems with driverless trucks. Hopefully it will not happen in my lifetime.

There are some pilot programs happening with them currently. I would have to do some digging but if I'm not mistaken walmart is running a pilot program on them. They are manned, meaning a driver is physically in the rig, but he more or less is manning a post much like a train operator does.

I remember in the 80's lot lizards didn't have teeth lol easy identifier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I remember in the 80's lot lizards didn't have teeth lol easy identifier.

That could be just about anyone now days. Meth has wrecked many beautiful smiles sadly.

That could be just about anyone now days. Meth has wrecked many beautiful smiles sadly.

7906b9aa53f714936351d3d27b823d61.jpg

Off topic, but have to tell you guys that the show has made me pull out all my old Bauhaus records. And that song no longer makes me think of Bowie.

@ honesty

Thanks for all this invaluable information! I hope you will be able to answer a question for me - are drivers routinely armed? If so, with what? I've always assumed carrying a firearm would be very difficult - legally - if you are driving interstate, is that true?

Firearms are not a common item a driver carries.
I do know some drivers who do carry them. They are very well hidden. But most arm themselves in other ways.
The reason it's not common for drivers to carry them is because not all states are legal so while you may have a c and c permit in your home state it may not be valid in another state.
Also, many shipping facilities have no firearms rules on their property.
I personally carry a tazer and mace. And it has been enough to keep me safe over the years.

I have no idea why he insulted her like he did other than he is A) a creeper or a combo of A and B. B being.. socially awkward which you do find a lot of in the business. When people spend copious amounts of time alone they sometimes develop odd social behaviour or came into the business already with odd social behavior. Not all drivers exhibit such odd behavior but it is noticed often.

As far as attire for a female driver or the wife or partner of a driver's dress..

Back before uniforms were a big deal to companies we dressed casual. Jeans, t-shirt, tennis shoes or flip flops. If we were a driver we kept a pair of boots in our rig for entering warehouses to comply with OSHA. Speaking Of OSHA I also always had a my own hard hat and safety glasses. I'm a germaphobe to a certain degree and do not want to use "public" property. I also always carried my own safety vest.

When I traveled with my father or husband pre driving on my own. I wore jeans, shorts (not booty shorts, just normal mid way to my knee shorts) a hoodie when it was cool outside.

Flash forward to more recent times, a lot of companies are providing drivers with uniform shirts and have dress codes. My husband is given several articles of company logo clothing a year and it is company policy they wear the shirts and are told what bottoms (pants, shorts) are acceptable. This is due to the fact that they want to project a good image and left alone, some drivers do not take pride in their personal appearance. The company even implimented grooming practices such as hair and beard length. I'm all for it.
Both my spouse and myself always kept our appearance neat and clean out of personal pride and how we were raised.

Now when I go for a trip, as well as the other wives we like to wear our husband's extra uniform shirts (his company is very nice to me and gives me some apparel each year, not all drivers wives get that but I personally do). With the company logo shirts I wear either jeans or shorts and proper shoes. This helps me blend in and people think we're a team.

If I am not wearing a company logo shirt I will wear very casual clothes like sweats but a nice set like under armour or Nike etc where the bottoms match the top. A lot of us ladies also will wear ball caps. Ball caps are great to cover bedhead too!

You learn to do things so as not to draw attention to yourself. For instance, no loud perfume. You do not wear a lot of jewelry. When on the road I only wear my wedding band, never my engagement ring. No other rings, no bracelets unless it's those cheap rubber awareness ones, and if I wear earings I only wear very small plain earings like the gold balls, never hoops or gemstones. No necklaces.

Most female drivers .. drivers wives use sweat pants and tshirt or sweatshirts for sleepwear. Wearing a gown or silk sets are not feasible in the event your rig gets broken into during your sleeper break. I've known some who sleep in their regular clothing. Not my thing, but to each their own.

Thanks so much for all your valuable and excellent input and information. I have a lot to chew on.

I need a cigar. BBL, LOL

:loveyou:

Thanks so much for all your valuable and excellent input and information. I have a lot to chew on.

I need a cigar. BBL, LOL

:loveyou:
A good cigar and some warm brandy would be nice!

I would like to give some information to this investigation on these cases. I am an X pro X lot lizard X drug user and could help. I am from Cocoa Beach and Atlantic City and worked the truck stops in Texas and Oaklahoma 1985 thru 1988

While I was unable to find a specific contact for the FBI's Highway Killer Initiative, there is a thread in the Welcome forum, that contains information for reporting tips to the FBI. I would suggest noting that you have information that may help with that specific initiative, so that your tip will be routed to the correct place. Hope this helps!

Firearms are not a common item a driver carries.
I do know some drivers who do carry them. They are very well hidden. But most arm themselves in other ways.
The reason it's not common for drivers to carry them is because not all states are legal so while you may have a c and c permit in your home state it may not be valid in another state.
Also, many shipping facilities have no firearms rules on their property.
I personally carry a tazer and mace. And it has been enough to keep me safe over the years.

Yes. Interstate reciprocity is not a grantee. Besides if there were an "incident" it would take so much time out of an established schedule to get it resolved.

This documentary is amazing and may revolutionize criminal apprehension and information. First of all, there are a lot of us who are retired, ill, don't sleep much, etc and need purpose. The talent and tenacity is here. The LISK filmmakers are organizing and connecting vital information not currently in mainstream media. Many of us are horrified by what's taking place and we simply weren't aware. Many agencies are overburdened or uninterested in solving specific cases.
I'm interested in any info gleaned re: the women involved in the trucker 'killer ring'. Female serial killers have been thought to be a rare phenomenon. But this may not be so.
In any event, I am hooked and so is DH on this show.

Let me tell you we dont want to talk to le for many reasons 1. I have already been arrested 4 times. 2. Its not something to brag about or put on a resume.3. Will they even believe me. And the list goes on and on. The biggest one to me is #1.
How can we make it so call girls will talk to le? Idk but whatever is going on right now IS NOT WORKING!
And its a shame cause I know its the info 1 of us holds that is going to bring down most of these sks. We all have a story to tell of knives at our throat or wow did I just escape a sk?
So lets start a thread here and make it ok to talk about maybe??

This documentary is amazing and may revolutionize criminal apprehension and information. First of all, there are a lot of us who are retired, ill, don't sleep much, etc and need purpose. The talent and tenacity is here. The LISK filmmakers are organizing and connecting vital information not currently in mainstream media. Many of us are horrified by what's taking place and we simply weren't aware. Many agencies are overburdened or uninterested in solving specific cases.
I'm interested in any info gleaned re: the women involved in the trucker 'killer ring'. Female serial killers have been thought to be a rare phenomenon. But this may not be so.
In any event, I am hooked and so is DH on this show.
Interesting...
Female trucker serial killer...
I seriously have never thought of a female being one. I am sure it's not out of the realm of possibility as we who follow these types of stories have seen female serial killers from time to time, albeit none were truckers that we know of but I could see it as a possibility.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back