Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE is so ridiculous here. They want people to call them if they see Hispanic women in a dark SUV. No other details. I guess they don't care that description is so vague that the tips they will get will almost certainly be useless and innocent people will be profiled. SO people in the area shouldn't be afraid because this was an "isolated incident". WTF does that mean? There are kidnappers on the loose and people shouldn't be scared? I can only assume LE knows this was not a random kidnapping for that to make the least bit of sense.

I don't believe that citizens will profile Hispanic women because of this case. I do hope that LE will profile any Hispanic women when doing a traffic stop of a dark SUV. JMO

There is no way to know whether she was raped or not. That, and a lot of other things in this thread that have no verification, is still being speculated upon. It's understandable as we're thirsty sleuths and want this to be solved. However, I ask if any of you know of a case where someone was held for several weeks, raped and THEN let go voluntarily where it was also a high-profile and widely-watched case? Because in my snowglobe raped+high profile victim=dead. It brings up my interest, again, in what she was wearing when she was found, and what she was wearing when the RP on 11/22 claimed to have seen her.

I've heard of cases where people were held for a long amount of time and sexually abused, but they escaped and were not let go voluntarily. I just can't imagine that being a possibility and I hope for SP's sake it's not a reality. I'd like to add that I'm confident that we'll get more information soon, but I actually don't believe that. I believe LE has this solved/resolved, or at least think they're sure of what actually took place during the incident and they, and the fam, just want it to go away quietly.

If she was found at 4:30am and brought to the hospital at 5am even if she got released at noon that's still several hours for them to take photos, run tests, and clean her up. I'm wondering why others feel that wasn't enough time? What more were they supposed to do for her if she didn't have life threatening injuries. Also could it be a possibility that she stayed longer in the hospital but was told she was released due to news media and HIPPA violations? I'm sure there are not many hospitals in YoLo so media outlets could easily figure it out.

LE is so ridiculous here. They want people to call them if they see Hispanic women in a dark SUV. No other details. I guess they don't care that description is so vague that the tips they will get will almost certainly be useless and innocent people will be profiled. SO people in the area shouldn't be afraid because this was an "isolated incident". WTF does that mean? There are kidnappers on the loose and people shouldn't be scared? I can only assume LE knows this was not a random kidnapping for that to make the least bit of sense.
Agreed-I think it was very wrong to give this vague description without details or composite sketches.

jmo

let's just drop the battered discussion.

Jmo.

She obviously had no broken bones and wasn't raped.

So let's be thankful and concentrate on the 2 perps or the why and how. Jmo
Huh? How do you know this?

LE explicitly stated that she was abducted and that this investigation was far from over. Why in the world would they disclose details about what occurred during her captivity to the public? I pray she wasn't raped, but it's not something that can be assumed merely on the basis of it not being broadcasted. I just can't understand why so many are quick to think LE is trying to deceive the public by withholding information.

Imo.

If she was raped.

Then the police wouldn't have said that they will simply follow up with her later without letting people know that a rapist is still out there. Jmo

Agree. They just mention 2 women and no real indications that this was sexualy or rapely related.

I think one of the most maddening things about this case is the motive. Why her? Why 3 weeks? Why release her? Why batter her? Why to all the things. I know it's all going to come out eventually but right now, I'm just going to go with what LE is disclosing. Sometimes, people do some super crazy cr*p that we all go WHA???? to when the details come out.

moo.

There where rapists out there before this case and there will be rapists out there after this case has ended. I don't think that kind of information has to be released at this time to protect the public. JMO

If 2 women are out there and kidnapping and raping.

Then that is a special case which would be mentioned. Jmo

Especially since a man hasn't been mentioned yet of any involvement..

So right now. Its just 2 women that were stated.

I think I can answer that. Because the sheriff, who held the news conference, is acting so unusually. His response is so very unusual for the facts that have come out. I'm thinking of other LE cases where victims were found still alive, or deceased, and LE SWARMED the scene. More cops than you ever saw in one place were suddenly there. This response has appeared to be so muted that observers of this case are left to wonder what do they know that we don't know.

And the answer may be "nothing". The answer may be that this sheriff's department has dropped the ball, or does things differently than average. I just feel like time is tick tick ticking away to find and apprehend the kidnappers while we sit back and wait for LE to fully interview Sherri.

I found this announcement on the Shasta County Sheriff's Facebook Page. Although this was not a child abduction case, the Department has recognized investigative and apprehension skills.

Shasta County Sheriff
https://www.facebook.com/Shasta-County-Sheriffs-Office-1527637610823075/?fref=nf

"Today our Northern California Child Abduction Response Team (CART) received national certification. The team is comprised of local law enforcement from Siskiyou, Tehama, and Shasta Counties, local police departments, Probation, DA, Child Services, CHP, FBI, and more. A total of 26 agencies in all. CART is designed to assist an agency with staff and resources with a child abduction to hopefully bring the child home safely to reunite with family. The team was formed in 2010, became semi-operational in 2012 after formulation and training. Today the team becomes one of 22 teams nationally certified and the only team in California to be DOJ certified. It is quite an honor to receive certification. I am very proud of all the team members who worked so hard to receive certification."​

Because her sister never stated that she had broken bones and officers never stated that she was possibly raped.Jmo

Because if she was raped than I doubt the officers would say Go Home For Thanksgiving And We Will Interview You More Later.

Especially if abductors and rapists are still out there.
This makes no sense. They're not going to announce her injuries. Especially when they're still trying to figure out what happened. And the police certainly do send you home after being raped. There's only so much they can do.

I think that LE gave her time because the main investigators were more worried about the Thanksgiving holidays. Jmo

They stopped searches fairly quickly.

Which sounds like they knew something.

Jumping off this post, did I read that Shasta County Police had already been doing investigations in the Yolo County area before Sherri was found?

Or did I imagine that?

Sorry in advance if I have this totally wrong....

LE explicitly stated that she was abducted and that this investigation was far from over. Why in the world would they disclose details about what occurred during her captivity to the public? I pray she wasn't raped, but it's not something that can be assumed merely on the basis of it not being broadcasted. I just can't understand why so many are quick to think LE is trying to deceive the public by withholding information.

To protect the next woman.

Especially since this case was on Good Morning America.

And its not just local news involved anymore.

So of course if LE would want to warn others to watch out for 2 female rapists. Just like they would warn others about 2 men kidnapping women.

Which as of now makes me think that she wasn't raped at this point.

Which would be a good thing. Jmo

I also have seen that after a trauma, memories come back slowly. It's good to get as much as possible right off, but time is a way to get out some details that may have been suppressed, IMO

:cow:

Unfortunately, that time also allows for a greater chance of false memories to be created.

Imo.

If she was raped.

Then the police wouldn't have said that they will simply follow up with her later without letting people know that a rapist is still out there. Jmo

If this was a targeted, planned out abduction I don't believe police would have that kind of urgency. Maybe I'm wrong though. This doesn't seem like a random attack whatsoever. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no way to know whether she was raped or not. That, and a lot of other things in this thread that have no verification, is still being speculated upon. It's understandable as we're thirsty sleuths and want this to be solved. However, I ask if any of you know of a case where someone was held for several weeks, raped and THEN let go voluntarily where it was also a high-profile and widely-watched case? Because in my snowglobe raped+high profile victim=dead. It brings up my interest, again, in what she was wearing when she was found, and what she was wearing when the RP on 11/22 claimed to have seen her.

I've heard of cases where people were held for a long amount of time and sexually abused, but they escaped and were not let go voluntarily. I just can't imagine that being a possibility and I hope for SP's sake it's not a reality. I'd like to add that I'm confident that we'll get more information soon, but I actually don't believe that. I believe LE has this solved/resolved, or at least think they're sure of what actually took place during the incident and they, and the fam, just want it to go away quietly.

I know many, many people still, to this day, question Elizabeth Smart's case. Super, super weird cr*p does happen that blows the lid off "statisctical" stuff. Not to mention Castro's victims in Cleveland, or Dahmer's victims. I could list so many more. I'm pretty sure we all could.

We live in a wicked world where wicked people do wicked things, and most of us struggle to wrap our heads around it.

moo.

If 2 women are out there and kidnapping and raping.

Then that is a special case which would be mentioned. Jmo

Especially since a man hasn't been mentioned yet of any involvement..

So right now. Its just 2 women that were stated.
We don't know that only two women were involved.

You can believe what you wish, I'm not sure that a man or men where not involved in this case. I'm waiting for more information.

Agreed-I think it was very wrong to give this vague description without details or composite sketches.

It was irresponsible, Imo. They should not have said anything at all. Imo, even saying that much is racist. How on earth can it help? These so-called Hispanic wimen could be from anywhere in the state or elsewhere. If LE knows more than they are saying, the really should not have said this. Or even if they don't. Imo, it is just wrong to mention such a vague "description" especially in such a racially-charged atmosphere these days.

This makes no sense. They're not going to announce her injuries. Especially when they're still trying to figure out what happened. And the police certainly do send you home after being raped. There's only so much they can do.

BBM; And every person, victim or perp has a HIPAA right to their specific medical record.

:cow:

Hi, I'm wondering if CHP could have been describing her mental status as heavily battered?
I've been wondering for a while also, if the captors really let her go, or if they were just playing a game with her and didn't expect she would make it to the highway

CHP were on the scene and describing the situation for the officers and additional emergency personal being called to the scene. IMO, there is NO reason for LE on the scene to describe the "mental status" of a victim for the approaching emergency personnel unless there is a situation where they are a risk to themselves or others. No such risk was mentioned by dispatch. JMO, we should trust the assessment of the officers on the scene. They were radioing to prepare the ambulance for what the would find. Dispatch also asked for lights and sirens. They don't do that if it is a non-emergent situation. If she was only "mentally" upset they would arrive and transport her silently to the hospital without lights or sirens. JMO. MOO. :moo:

IMO, law enforcement owes the public nothing. They must have had their reasons for not disclosing more details of her captors. It seems that they don't feel as if the public is in danger. If they did, they'd say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard