WI WI - Alexis Patterson, 7, Milwaukee, 3 May 2002

Her mother insisting that the dna test isn't correct reminds of Frederic Bourdin who pretended to be missing Nicholas Barclay and even lived with his family for months before being found out. They wanted their son back so badly that it didn't matter that his eye colored had changed, he had a French accent, etc. They just kept finding reasons to believe he was Nicholas. Denial can make us believe all sorts of things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frédéric_Bourdin

What I'm not quite sure I get though is that I'm pretty convinced the mom knows what happened to Alexis and if she does, then what is this? Is she in such deep denial that she honestly believes what she's saying?

I've just been doing some research into Alexis' case, because there isn't much info at all on her thread. Here are a few snippets I found interesting.

Reports revealed that stepfather LaRon Bourgeois had a criminal record, once serving a two-year prison term for selling drugs and being a getaway driver in a 1994 bank robbery that left one officer dead. Milwaukee police say they have found no connection between the stepfather's criminal past and Alexis's disappearance.

The Nation of Islam began to counsel Alexis's family through their ordeal and scolded the media for focusing on LaRon's past. LaRon Bourgeois has also had to deal with reports he failed a polygraph test.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=91531&page=1

"No matter what the test says, I still believe one billion percent you are my child," Patterson told the Journal Sentinel, as if speaking to the Ohio woman.

"I want you to continue to go on with your life and be as happy as you can be," Patterson said of the Ohio woman. "And be the best mother you can possibly be. And raise your children. And don't let no one hurt your kids. Don't let your children out of your sight."

http://archive.jsonline.com/news/mi...n-dna-test-reveals-b99761841z1-386819771.html

2002:

MILWAUKEE, May 30 (UPI) -- Police Thursday held a reputed racist after linking him to racially explicit fliers connected to the disappearance of a 7-year-old girl.

Brian T. Werner, 22, of Waukesha, Wis., was arrested Wednesday. He allegedly placed racist fliers outside America's Black Holocaust Museum as well as on cars and shop doors.

Milwaukee Police Chief Arthur Jones said Werner, who wears a Mohawk haircut and is tattooed with hate slogans and racist images, has a reputation "for hatred of African Americans."

http://www.upi.com/Suspect-held-for-distributing-racist-flier/22781022778022/

2003:

Reddin said Wednesday that "there is no indication whatsoever" that Werner and another man arrested in connection with the distribution of the fliers "had anything to do with the disappearance of Alexis Patterson, or that they have any knowledge of it."

The involvement of the second man was not known at the time of the news conference in which Jones identified Werner. The name of the second man is not being made public by the district attorney's office, Reddin said, because no charges are being filed against him.

"United States Supreme Court case law makes it clear that the First Amendment prohibits states from prosecuting even blatantly hateful speech where it is not intended or likely to incite or produce imminent lawless action," Reddin said in explaining his decision not to issue charges for distribution of the flier....

The first flier aimed at Alexis was discovered the morning of May 28 on the door of America's Black Holocaust Museum, 2233 N. 4th St. The note asked why any white person should care about the disappearance of Alexis Patterson, an African-American girl who disappeared from her west side neighborhood May 3 while walking to school.

The flier went on to say that if black people think white people should be concerned about Alexis, "you are dreadfully mistaken."

http://archive.jsonline.com/news/mi...cist-fliers-wont-be-prosecuted-385117171.html

GMTI_PHOTOJ2002Q2M05T30H13255800_5695391.jpg
Brian Werner

2002:

The Patterson case took center stage during a news conference at the National Association of Black Journalists' annual convention at the Midwest Express Center as her parents and activists complained about uneven coverage given to child abduction cases....

It wasn't until a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel story looked at the differences in how Smart's and Alexis' cases were covered that the Bourgeois family said it received the kind of national publicity they thought their case deserved.

That attention, Bourgeois said, lasted only a few days and dealt more with the disparity in coverage than with the facts of Alexis' disappearance.

"We're not in control of the media," he said. "And it's basically a white media. We're a lower-middle-class black family (with) no money. And my criminal record has stopped people from looking for my child, which it should not."...

"Regardless of what I did in the past, it has nothing to do with what's going on with my daughter now," Bourgeois said.

http://archive.jsonline.com/news/mi...t-black-journalists-convention-385119051.html

2007:

More Milwaukee police resources were allocated for the investigation into Alexis’ disappearance than the Jeffrey Dahmer case, said Deputy Chief Brian O’Keefe, who, as a captain with the Criminal Investigation Bureau, was involved in Alexis’ case....

During the initial search for Alexis, officers worked on their days off and O’Keefe’s department received assistance from the FBI and other local and state law enforcement agencies, he said.

"When it comes to kids, everyone wants to do what they can and hopes that it’s going to turn out all right," he said. "Regrettably, that wasn’t the case in this instance."

Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. assigned 15 detectives to the investigation, and his department used drug forfeiture money to put up a $10,000 reward for information leading to Alexis, a reward that is still being offered today.

"I’m surprised that, in the aftermath, nothing has come out by now," said Clarke, who believes foul play is involved in the disappearance.

"I believe it’s criminal in nature and in the criminal world information will come out," he said.

"Somebody knows something about this child."

http://archive.jsonline.com/news/mi...disappearance-remains-unsolved-385122621.html

This case was on Crime Watch Daily today. There was nothing new, but it was nice to see this cold case getting some media attention.

Milwaukee's most high-profile missing child is Alexis Patterson. It's been 15 years since she vanished between her home and her neighborhood school. Her stepfather, LaRon Bourgeois, told Milwaukee police that he walked the child to elementary school and last saw her crossing the street near the school, according to Journal Sentinel reports. Alexis' mother called police after her 7-year-old daughter did not return home from school that day. School officials determined that Alexis did not show up for class that day. Bourgeois has been questioned and denied involvement in the girl's disappearance.

636216464641797787-Alexis-Patterson.jpeg

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/n...ho-they-wisconsins-missing-children/98347286/

A few thoughts. Her stepfather was abusive. A bad sign.

He supposedly left her at the school in the morning, Did anyone see him?

Kids saw her crying before and after school at the playground. Kids are rarely good witnesses, first of all why would she stay there all day without entering school and if these kids saw her why didnt they speak to her? I dont think anyone saw her. That red truck may have had nothing to do with her.

I think she had an argument with her stepfather and he accidentally killed her.

I believe this case can be solved and I believe LE knows the truth and is withholding the information. Families deserve closure.

I have a story to tell.

Facebook Ana Mis

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52