OH - Ohio State University Rampage, 28 November 2016

Ohio has a sizeable Somali refugee population-- second only to Minneapolis. This article is from 2013:

http://www.10tv.com/article/terror-watch-list-suspects-have-central-ohio-ties

Terror Watch List Suspects Have Central Ohio Ties

PUBLISHED: 09/11/13 04:13 PM EDT.UPDATED: 09/11/13 06:47 PM EDT.
COLUMBUS, Ohio
The Franklin County Sheriff says in the past year, law enforcement officials in central Ohio have made contact with dozens of suspects who are on the FBI Terror Watch List.

Columbus' closest brush with a terror plot came back in 2003, when federal agents arrested admitted Al Qaida members Nuradin Abdi and Lyman Faris for plotting terrorist attacks. That included a plan to blow up a Columbus mall.

In 2007, federal agents arrested Faris' former roommate, Worthington native Christopher Paul. He's currently serving 20 years in prison for conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction.

Nearly a decade after the FBI revealed the thwarted plots; the Franklin County Sheriff says terror suspects are still lurking in the capital city.

“This year alone, we've had well over 50 contacts within our patrol division with individuals who are on the FBI terrorist watch list,” said Sheriff Zach Scott.

The sheriff says most of the contacts were the result of traffic stops and says 95 percent of them were not U.S. citizens.

It's so touching to me that after his car jumped the curb and hit people that people asked him if he was okay, surely thinking it must be some horrible accident or medical emergency. Their kindness was repaid by him getting out of the car and stabbing people. Good riddance low life.
SABBM

Agreed.

How heartbreaking that people thought there might have been an accident or medical emergency.

Hoping for swift healing for the injured, physically and emotionally !!!

Gun violence ? The officer shot a person with a weapon who had physically attacked others. The officer will have enough trauma without calling this "gun violence."

I think the studies show most officers who have to take a life do not do well emotionally.

Senator Tim Kaine was all too quick and content to tweet this out as "gun violence".

[video=twitter;803280422155104257]https://twitter.com/timkaine/status/803280422155104257[/video]

ETA: Perhaps we should call it "Jihadi butcher knife violence"? Jihadi Car Violence? Ideas? "Sudden Jihadi Syndrome" appears to be trending on the internet. It's no secret ISIS is instructing and urging lone wolf attacks using vehicles and knives. It's easily searched-- don't want to put those links here.

Small knife? It is described as a butcher's knife and it must be large for the witnesses to have called it a machete. jmo

The Ohio State University paper, the Lantern, has an interview with Artan from a few weeks ago. Page 4. Artan is talking about being a Muslim and how hard it is to find someplace to pray on campus:

https://issuu.com/thelantern/docs/082516

This was actually back in August, not a few weeks ago. (Not that the timeline really matter, but just wanted to clarify.) Sounds like he's had these few months to get super angry about this issue.

I'm personally very thankful for this act of "gun violence". That young man saved lives, and is a hero.

ETA: But I won't at all be surprised if the media spin becomes that a white police officer shot an unarmed black man. I'm waiting for it.

Who has referred to the officer shooting him as "gun violence?"

ETA - Just saw the posts above. I think Kaine is probably misinformed and thinks that the assailant had a gun.

Senator Tim Kaine was all too quick and content to tweet this out as "gun violence".

The fist reports said armed gunman. A lot of people thought that.

[video=twitter;803301570167373824]https://twitter.com/timkaine/status/803301570167373824[/video]

This was actually back in August, not a few weeks ago. (Not that the timeline really matter, but just wanted to clarify.) Sounds like he's had these few months to get super angry about this issue.

Who has referred to the officer shooting him as "gun violence?"

I have the same question. The only gun violence references I saw were early on, when everyone believed it was an armed gunman on campus. The reporting in this case has been all over the place displace reporters being on the scene! And flying over with helicopters. I get it was confusing at first because it's so unusual, but it seemed like another case of "Get whatever we've got out there first."

I have the same question. The only gun violence references I saw were early on, when everyone believed it was an armed gunman on campus. The reporting in this case has been all over the place displace reporters being on the scene! And flying over with helicopters. I get it was confusing at first because it's so unusual, but it seemed like another case of "Get whatever we've got out there first."

So agree my dear -- this one was the wackest one I have ever done.

It was an act of "car violence" and "butcher knife" violence. Glad there was an armed OSU police officer close by to stop this terrorist quickly.

CNN still reporting the assailant was 18 years old :banghead:

Just that it almost seemed like a suicide style of attack-- like wanting to 'go out' in a hail of bullets. Imo.

Sounds like the car was driven into the crowd at a pretty high rate of speed to send bodies flying:

The rampage left at least nine people injured, either from stab wounds or the car crash, campus police said. One is in critical condition and the others are expected to survive.

"It was such a panic moment," OSU material sciences grad student Angshuman Kapin, who witnessed the assault, told the Daily News.

He said up to 80 people were on the sidewalk when the car came plowing in.

"I saw one guy hit, he was kind of in the air because of the impact, flying off the bonnet," said Kapin, 25.

"Someone was hit in the hip ... It was sudden movement."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...o-state-university-incident-article-1.2889761

They always assume two shooters...precautionary?

or..............
total over reaction

lawsuits are expensive

if we go back through all the h#ll this nation has gone through 99.5% were overreaction, with hundreds of people standing around for hours and hours when the need for that was totally disproven.

If we think of every mass shooting in the first 8 minutes they unload

if that is not the case, do not send 185 people that are going into overtime on tax payers buck to stand around in circles and chat

Mass shootings are mass shootings in the first couple of minutes

The Ny bomber I get hundreds of cops standing around getting overtime- doing nothing, hours after hour.

This was contained within 95 seconds, everyone should have gone home

I know not a popular opinion, but history , sadly proves this out,

There was no doubt that Homes meant business, Elliot meant business ( he was dead yet Le stood there for 36 hours on overtime, sandy Hook he was dead, they all stood there for 48 hours on overtime, Charleston he was caught they all stood around for hours on overtime, the planned parent dude was in a location, hundreds stood around for a day and a half, on overtime.

Pulse he was dead, those folks stood around for a week, when I went down there two weeks later the police presence was unreal, they stood around chatting on overtime.

IMO during San Bern that deserved it. Pulse while it was happening deserved it.

Boston Marathon deserved it but at the end of the day it was a smoker who ended it!

The prison break out (Sweat) I gert that. The Canadian guy I get. The guy a few weeks ago who highjacked and killed everyone he got near - I get.

The Times Square guy was caught, and yet everyone stood around for weeks, on overtime.

IMO someone "loose" do it. When perp is dead go home. A private company would not pay overtime after the perp is dead.

Elliot was dead, why do we need 185 for a week in overtime doing nothing?

All just my perspective.

Terrorism suspected in car-and-knife attack at Ohio State; student ID'd as assailant

Angshuman Kapil, a graduate student, was outside the building when the car barreled onto the sidewalk.

"It just hit everybody who was in front," he said. "After that everybody was shouting, 'Run! Run! Run!'"

Student Martin Schneider said he heard the car's engine revving.

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/nati...d-by-police-was-18-year-old-of-somali-descent

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back