Todd Kohlhepp - Breaking News / Latest Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not too far from the ocean.
True, but a shark cage would be more conspicuous to purchase, move, etc than a shipping container, considering that shipping containers are a lot more commonly seen on properties for storage, construction and so on. What would someone need with a shark cage in the foothills of the mountains?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

True, but a shark cage would be more conspicuous to purchase, move, etc than a shipping container, considering that shipping containers are a lot more commonly seen on properties for storage, construction and so on. What would someone need with a shark cage in the foothills of the mountains?

I bet it was a BDSM cage, and I bet he bought it on craigslist or from a local selling group. I made the brave decision to google BDSM cages, some could very easily be mistaken for a shark cage if you aren't familiar with them.

I bet it was a BDSM cage, and I bet he bought it on craigslist or from a local selling group. I made the brave decision to google BDSM cages, some could very easily be mistaken for a shark cage if you aren't familiar with them.
And something tells me the local sheriff was not familiar. ;)

Or if you knew a welder, you could probably get him to make you something and tell him its to transport or keep a pitbull or something in.
A lot of people around here have a cage like thing around their heat pumps because people steal them or parts from them. That wouldn't really be large enough for a human, unless you had them sitting and not standing.

I'm not going to google that, cause I'm at work and I can imagine what

Here comes this odd statement again, this time noted as coming from Lt. Bobo.

At this stage of the investigation, it appears that Carver and Johnny Coxie went to Kohlhepp’s property voluntarily, which explains the absence of kidnapping charge for both of them, Lt. Kevin Bobo said.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ormally-charged-deaths-three-people/94566216/

This reasoning makes me really, really uncomfortable.

Kadoober, which portion is bugging you? Is it the "at this stage of the investigation . ." part?

I took recent LE statements to mean all went there voluntarily but because the men were immediately killed they were not kidnapped and since the women were prevented from leaving they were.

At this stage of the investigation, it appears that Carver and Johnny Coxie went to Kohlhepp’s property voluntarily, which explains the absence of kidnapping charge for both of them, Lt. Kevin Bobo said.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ormally-charged-deaths-three-people/94566216/

It makes sense to me. They all 4 went there willingly. At this point no crime had taken place. Of the 4, the 2 men were immediately shot and killed, and that crime was murder. The women were prevented from leaving and at that point the crime of kidnapping took place. (note: of course, all this happened on 2 separate occasions, but the point is the same)

I think they are just trying to say they cannot charge him with kidnapping Johnny and Charlie, because they went there willingly and he killed them right away. It does sound odd the way it is phrased because it is implying the women did not initially go there voluntarily but I don't think that is what it is meant to imply. The women may have gone voluntarily but they did NOT STAY voluntarily and that is where the kidnapping charges come in.

Kadoober, which portion is bugging you? Is it the "at this stage of the investigation . ." part?

I took recent LE statements to mean all went there voluntarily but because the men were immediately killed they were not kidnapped and since the women were prevented from leaving they were.

The part where it only mentions Charlie and Johnny going there voluntarily. I am hoping it is just off wording, and what it is trying to say, perhaps more gently, is that they were not held by TK after arriving, hence no kidnapping charges.
It just doesn't make sense that KB and MC did not go there voluntarily, especially since they were the ones that knew him. But the way it is worded suggests that is the case.

So... I think it's the wording more than the reasoning.

The part where it only mentions Charlie and Johnny going there voluntarily. I am hoping it is just off wording, and what it is trying to say, perhaps more gently, is that they were not held by TK after arriving, hence no kidnapping charges.
It just doesn't make sense that KB and MC did not go there voluntarily, especially since they were the ones that knew him. But the way it is worded suggests that is the case.

So... I think it's the wording more than the reasoning.

I think you may be reading too much into that. Example: I invite you to my home to have tea and chat. You arrive. We chat. You get ready to leave and I pull out a gun and say "nope" and lock you in a cage. You still came to my home willingly but at the point I prevent you from leaving, then it is kidnapping. They are not mutually exclusive situations. He wasn't charged with kidnapping of the men because he killed them right away. Sure, neither one of them left either, but that was because they were dead. You can't kidnap a dead person.

Make sense?

I think you may be reading too much into that. Example: I invite you to my home to have tea and chat. You arrive. We chat. You get ready to leave and I pull out a gun and say "nope" and lock you in a cage. You still came to my home willingly but at the point I prevent you from leaving, then it is kidnapping. They are not mutually exclusive situations. He wasn't charged with kidnapping of the men because he killed them right away. Sure, neither one of them left either, but that was because they were dead. You can't kidnap a dead person.

Make sense?

I'm sure I am reading to much into it.
It's who I am, it's what I do. :giggle:

See, I am almost completely naive when it comes to BDSM. I haven't Googled much lest the fiancé get the wrong idea. Not a road I am interested in traveling down at all. Nope, nope...NOPE.

My son owns a Plumbing Company and has a shipping container on his property. He uses it to store expensive plumbing equipment that was frequently stolen prior to that. Much easier to lock up and saves him time and money.

From TK's timeline on 8/28/16: TK in FB convo - "I am wealthy, not rich... and i wear jeans a whole lot more than my suits" "only thing I really flaunt money on is my cars and the hardware on my guns.. my clothes and such are target.. except my ties and dress shoes... those *****es are silk and hand stitched" "gotta keep up good convo while digging graves... no one likes a moody ***** just shoveling away".

I wonder who he had digging graves, sounds like he had some woman digging for him :(

Also, his comment on FB on 8/16/16 ( "well yeah.. thats why you throw the dead bodies of your vanquished (keller williams gonna learn today) on the fire..keeps the flames down to controllable levels" ) still bugs me. I googled missing Keller Williams real estate agent and info about a female, Camelia Perez-Hernandez, in TX is missing, along with her boyfriend. I know TX is far from SC, but she went missing 7/11/16. If TK likes to keep the women, but kill the boyfriends, this could be a possibility? Maybe she's the one he complains about while digging graves. I wonder if there were any real estate conventions for the southern region during the summer where TK and Camelia could have crossed paths?

Charged with 3 murders and 1 kidnapping. Still not charged with anything that has to do with KB yet. Also interesting, Megean must not have have been shot right away and perhaps he did keep her tied up as well.

"Kohlhepp is now charged with Murder in the deaths of Charles Carver, Megan Coxie, and Johnny Coxie. He is also charged with kidnapping Megan Coxie. He was also charged with three counts of Possession of a Weapon During a Violent Crime.

Deputies say Kohlhepp will not face Kidnapping charges for Charles Carver and Johnny Coxie because it is believed they went to Kohlhepp’s property voluntarily."

http://wspa.com/2016/11/28/kohlhepp-charged-with-3-counts-of-murder-1-count-of-kidnapping/

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

BBM.
TK was charged previously for crimes related to KB. These are additional charges on top of the initial charges.

From TK's timeline on 8/28/16: TK in FB convo - "I am wealthy, not rich... and i wear jeans a whole lot more than my suits" "only thing I really flaunt money on is my cars and the hardware on my guns.. my clothes and such are target.. except my ties and dress shoes... those *****es are silk and hand stitched" "gotta keep up good convo while digging graves... no one likes a moody ***** just shoveling away".

I wonder who he had digging graves, sounds like he had some woman digging for him :(

Also, his comment on FB on 8/16/16 ( "well yeah.. thats why you throw the dead bodies of your vanquished (keller williams gonna learn today) on the fire..keeps the flames down to controllable levels" ) still bugs me. I googled missing Keller Williams real estate agent and info about a female, Camelia Perez-Hernandez, in TX is missing, along with her boyfriend. I know TX is far from SC, but she went missing 7/11/16. If TK likes to keep the women, but kill the boyfriends, this could be a possibility? Maybe she's the one he complains about while digging graves. I wonder if there were any real estate conventions for the southern region during the summer where TK and Camelia could have crossed paths?

IMO TK was jealous of http://kellerwilliamsasheville.com/. This agency is headquartered in Asheville, NC but lists properties all the way to the NC/SC border and has over 100 agents per their website. TK's agency could have possibly sold a property listed by Keller Williams and had a conflict. No doubt TK was at least jealous of the KW's success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member