Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your patience, the thread is now open.

You can read Keith's full statement at the link below.

"Her now emaciated body of 87 pounds was covered in multicolored bruises, severe burns, red rashes and chain markings. Her signature long blond hair had been chopped off. She has been branded, and I could feel the rise of her scabs under my fingers. She was thrown from a vehicle with a chain around her waist, attached to her wrists and a bag over her head. The same bag she used to flag someone down once she was able to free one of her hands."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/gma-exclusive-husband-sherri-papini-speaks-familys-ordeal/story?id=43840659

Sherri Papini was found on the side of a road beaten, chained, with a bag over her head and weighing only 87 pounds, her husband said in his first comments on her abduction.In a statement to “Good Morning America,” Keith Papini also strong rejected Internet speculation that Sherri was not actually kidnapped.

"We are not going to allow those people to take away our spirit, love, or rejoice in our girl found alive and home where she belongs," he wrote. "I understand people want the story, pictures, proof that this was not some sort of hoax, plan to gain money, or some fabricated race war. I do not see a purpose in addressing each preposterous lie."
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-sharri-papini-husband-20161129-story.html

woot woot! thank you tlcya and mods!!! much to discuss today folks! :skip:

I can't describe how much more bizarre this case has become in the past few days. The woman who saw SP on the side of the road stating she had long hair, then KP saying she was found with her hair chopped off. KP stating SP was thrown out of a vehicle, chained, burned, branded, broken nose, then LE stating she walked to a church and flagged someone down. The oddities are endless.

I have doubted SP's story, and that's been largely due to the fact that we have been going off erroneous information. The scanner traffic indicated SP was "chained to something". But she really wasn't chained to something, although she might have been wrapped in a chain (that makes a significant difference). We were also led to believe SP was treated and released from a hospital. I'm still unclear on that point, although the sheriff has now verified that she had injuries consistent with what KP mentioned in his statement.

Let me know if I need to post these articles I'm referring to. They can all be found in the media thread however.

First post here, but I found the following interesting.

"I saw a woman with long blond hair by the side of the road kind of frantically waving what looked like a shirt," the driver, Alison Sutton, told ABC News. "I figured if she was willing to risk being hit by a car, she must really need help."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/911-caller-missing-california-mom-risked-hit-car/story?id=43819168

As I'm reading today, the following is said from her husband.

He added that when he reunited with Papini, she weighed only 87 lbs. and her long, blonde hair had been chopped off. He told GMA that Sherri had been thrown from a vehicle with a chain around her waist – which was also attached to her wrists – and a bag over her head.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...-87-lbs/ar-AAkTToe?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

We are a very private family [who] do not use social media outlets prior to this grotesque tragedy. My love for my wife took [precedence], and it was clear we had to be exposed in ways we never would have been comfortable with. So please have a heart and understand why we have asked for our privacy. This will be along road of healing for everyone. Ultimately, it was Sherri's will to survive that brought her home. Thank you.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/gma-exclusive-husband-sherri-papini-speaks-familys-ordeal/story?id=43840659

Some incredible developments this morning. Keith has released a statement with details on Sherri's condition.

"Her now emaciated body of 87 pounds was covered in multi colored bruises, severe burns, red rashes, and chain markings. Her signature long, blonde hair had been chopped off. She has been branded and I could feel the rise of her scabs under my fingers. She was thrown from a vehicle with a chain around her waist, attached to her wrists and a bag over her head."

The details have been confirmed by Sheriff Bosenko. Full details here:

Husband of Sherri Papini Speaks Out About His Family's Ordeal

You can read Keith's full statement at the link below.

"Her now emaciated body of 87 pounds was covered in multicolored bruises, severe burns, red rashes and chain markings. Her signature long blond hair had been chopped off. She has been branded, and I could feel the rise of her scabs under my fingers. She was thrown from a vehicle with a chain around her waist, attached to her wrists and a bag over her head. The same bag she used to flag someone down once she was able to free one of her hands."

Good God - I have no words......

I'm shocked and sad. I do think that investigators could have given the public enough information so that our suspicion wasn't so piqued. That poor girl. JMO

I can't describe how much more bizarre this case has become in the past few days. The woman who saw SP on the side of the road stating she had long hair, then KP saying she was found with her hair chopped off. KP stating SP was thrown out of a vehicle, chained, burned, branded, broken nose, then LE stating she walked to a church and flagged someone down. The oddities are endless.

I have doubted SP's story, and that's been largely due to the fact that we have been going off erroneous information. The scanner traffic indicated SP was "chained to something". But she really wasn't chained to something, although she might have been wrapped in a chain (that makes a significant difference). We were also led to believe SP was treated and released from a hospital. I'm still unclear on that point, although the sheriff has now verified that she had injuries consistent with what KP mentioned in his statement.

Let me know if I need to post these articles I'm referring to. They can all be found in the media thread however.

Hi Nat, I'm not a mod, but might I respectfully suggest including links if discussing articles in MSM - there are soooo many of them and to follow the discussion accurately, it's nice to have the link. I realize that most, if not all, are posted in the Media Thread, but every once in a while I've seen one linked in the Discussion forum but *not* in the Media thread until later (not this particular case).

From TOS: "To preserve the integrity of the factual information contained herein, Websleuths does not participate in rumor mongering. When claiming something as a “fact,” you must prove it. Be able to provide links to information from approved third party sources; for instance, mainstream media (MSM), law enforcement (LE), and admin-verified case insiders.

Per the copyright rule no more than approximately 10% of the material quoted from an outside source may be posted. Always include a link to the source."
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

i am curious if the reason the Sheriff is not giving much information out is because of KP going being their backs and offering a ransom?

It seems to me that the Sheriff could have released more information about Sherri's condition and has chosen not to (despite confirming that KP's description is correct).

So why would the Sheriff do that? I get the feeling there is a riff between the Panini's and local LE.

Hang on folks, this thread is gonna go superspeed now!

:rollercoaster::rollercoaster::rollercoaster:

I'm shocked and sad. I do think that investigators could have given the public enough information so that our suspicion wasn't so piqued. That poor girl. JMO

I agree. I still don't know what to make of it and I'm still largely suspicious, but LE led us down a couple of rabbit holes.

I'd like to know why LE is so quick to believe the "two Hispanic females" part of the story. I am not suggesting SP is lying about it, but has LE been able to vet it? Does it make sense with the evidence they have?

Hang on folks, this thread is gonna go superspeed now!

:rollercoaster::rollercoaster::rollercoaster:

I'M NOT READY. The flood gates have opened..preparing to drown....:gasp::deepbreaths:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708