Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking because her hair was knotted not because of scalp lacerations.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I understood. I was giving you the only example in which some hair might be removed.

They would not cut her hair due to tangles.

They don't keep someone just because they have a broken nose and have been beaten up. Her injuries, while gruesome looking, were non-life threatening. A few pages back there is a post from an assault victim who described having injuries like this and and they treated her and sent her home. They probably gave Sherri fluids, treated any wounds, did all the tests they had to run (rape kit?) and if all her vital signs were stable they had NO reason to keep her in the hospital.

I see what you're saying. But she was burned, branded, and had lost more than 10 pounds (surely dehydrated). She had been kidnapped for three weeks and beaten. Doesn't sound like she would be in the physical or mental shape to be released.

But who am I to judge? The fact is, she was in very bad condition, and she didn't stay at the hospital. So be it.

So, WAS it Sherri in the blue truck on Nov. 22 at the Travel Stop? I hope that LE followed up on the woman's report. Good descriptions. And right in Redding! JMO

I haven't seen it confirmed that it was SP. If I missed it, I hope someone adds a link.

KP's statement left me with more questions than answers. I hope SP is getting the help that she needs. Something still doesn't feel right to me. I look forward to the answers gleaned from a thorough investigation by LE. Such a complicated case. MOO.

I believe HIPPA laws might have prevented him giving more details. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the sheriff is not allowed to release specific medical information about Sherri's condition. He DID confirm what KP's statement described however and he gave no indication he did not believe her. In fact, just the opposite. I don't see a riff between Papini's and LE, I see a Sheriff who is overly careful with his words and it gave some people reason to pause. But, IMO he made it clear he believes this was an abduction and he said they may have more info to release later today.
I don't know what HIPAA allows or does not allow law enforcement to say, but just earlier yesterday he intimated her injuries were more like an ankle sprain than a broken bone in terms of severity as far as it relates to her being released from the hospital.

Would he even be able to even say THAT much?

And also, it's weird that he would use those terms in an attempt to describe "heavily battered" vs "assault" in terms of her physical situation and then less than a day later confirm KP's description. If he's confirming KP's description today then it doesn't fit with the lackadaisical (<--JMO) way he spoke about the injuries yesterday.

Just one of the reasons I think this case has gotten so much attention because even LE is contradicting themselves and no one knows what's going on, or they are being purposefully misleading.

Wow. I think the Sheriff did that family a real disservice by not confirming that she was, in fact, badly battered.

I was always on the abducted side of the fence, but thought she'd be found deceased.

I still think she was targeted, and would love to know why. I think the family knows and the reverse ransom worked, but I'm not clear how.

I pray she heals emotionally, but it will be hard and long. As an assault victim, I can say it never goes away.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Maybe I am a stickler on details, but I have been weighing heavily on what the Sheriff has been saying throughout this whole ordeal. In my opinion the Sheriff didn't necessarily confirm what KP detailed as facts. He did say "He was familiar with those details." and made sure to follow up with "we had not released them yet to the public." I believe he has a good reason to have not released these details, and I don't necessarily believe that he confirmed KP's assessment of the exact injuries. Just my opinion.
http://www.yourfortdodge.com/2016/1...husbands-details-on-sherri-papinis-condition/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The woman was with her teenage daughter and pulled over to the next available place on the highway (so she would know where she was) and called 911. So LE would have a record of her call. I think she's telling the truth.

I believe that was the second woman (Alison) who called 911 - the one who saw SP by the side of the road Thanksgiving morning and alerted LE. She's the one with the teen in the car.

There was an earlier woman (Christine E.) who also called 911 on Nov 22 reporting that she thought she (along with a friend) saw SP at a Travel Center stop earlier in the week. Man driving the vehicle she was in got back in and drove away, but Christine E. had briefly spoken with blonde-haired, subdued passenger in the truck, and she thought it might be SP so she called in a description of the vehicle (I think also a license plate.) I think this, too, was a well-intentioned and possibly valid Good Samaritan report. Daily Mail had a more complete article today about her account, which I posted upthread. *Conflicitng reports in DM article about whether or not this was a truck or SUV.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lue-pick-truck-rest-stop-just-days-found.html

Sumzero, I tweeted out the link to this post.

I don't even know what to say anymore about the people who are coming up with wild theories with ZERO evidence to support what they say.

It is disheartening.

I can think of so many things to say, Tricia.

This is Websleuths.

We try not hurt people, especially victims. Their misery is not meant to become our folly, thanks to your efforts.

Oh my goodness, I haven't been able to catch this thread open for days, and now I have ten pages to read back again. YOU GUYS. :scared:

Sorry. Carry on.

Have we any more on the hospital having sent her home (?) what seems distressingly soon?

I have never heard of someone not being kept at least overnight, if so obviously malnourished.

If that was Sherri on the 22nd, wouldn't the witness notice the wounds/facial injuries? I am inclined to believe the witness account was a case of mis-identification. In the cases I have read on here and in other places, it is very common that witnesses think they have seen "someone who looks just like...." but they are mistaken (unfortunately).

People keep struggling with "motive" for the abduction when it is staring them in the face every time they look at a picture of Sherri in my humble opinion. She's a beautiful white blond female that would earn her abductors hundreds of thousands of dollars a year in sex trafficking according to articles on the subject which I've read.

How she was chosen is hard to answer. Perhaps her Poshmark account was seen by the abductors and they ordered something to get her return address, perhaps she was seen at a store and followed, perhaps it was just opportunity; the abductors being in the right place at the right time. We may never know unless they are captured.

I personally don't give much credence to the truck stop sighting, no mention was made of bruises, broken nose, etc. And it is not that easy to positively identify someone you don't know personally. And even if it was Sherri she may have been heavily drugged, which is also common in sex trafficking abductions.

I'm beginning to think this is a sex trafficking situation. But do sex traffickers release their victims after a few weeks, relatively close to their homes? If so, why?

The only thing that makes sense is the transfer of $100,000 in exchange for her release. Sex traffickers don't let girls go. They don't. So either it wasn't ST, or they were paid.

In my opinion...which has been wrong this entire case.

We should all keep in mind the Denise Huskins case, where even the police (publicly!) did not believe the victim. The story turned out to be completely true, but the circumstances were so weird that nobody believed her at first. What a horrible thing to go through. And i'm keeping my fingers crossed that that's the case here - though that sounds bad because it would be better that no one go through such trauma - because of the racial element now espoused in the case. A false accusation of such a serious crime is the last thing we need here in California right now.

Sorry to jump in here...........I've been reading along but not posting. I was thinking this exact thing. No one believed Denise. She was publicly shamed and vilified. After being put through a horrific event, she had to suffer through public humiliation. I'd hate to see this happen with SP.

Trying to figure out how to say this...I know the point of this site is to come up with theories and discuss ideas/reports/etc, but at some points I feel every word or action is so highly analyzed. Unfortunately all we know is what comes from the mouths of reporters or words of reports. What is said versus what isn't said in these types of moments, which I would consider quite chaotic/exciting/scary/shocking/whatever word you want to use, word choice isn't probably the first things on the minds of people.

I'm not trying to attack anyone because I have had some questions about some of the reporting also. But I feel choosing the right words isn't probably the most important thing they are thinking....they probably just say whatever comes to mind. If they are writing official reports, which we haven't seen, (not talking about news reports), I'm sure they chose their words more carefully. But nitpicking the difference between certain adjectives used, is in my opinion, not the intention of the officers or witnesses or whoever. Again, just a thought, not accusing anyone...because we are taking the time to read it and discuss it from different views, where they were talking from "being in the moment". This probably doesn't even make sense but I tried.

I don't disbelieve the LE statements, but LE doesn't know what happened yet according to the sheriff's public statements. Was this random or targeted/isolated? Unknown, under investigation. Who is responsible? Unknown, under investigation. Is this in any way related to the victim's past? Unknown, under investigation.

And, since the sheriff is learning more as the investigation continues, I put more weight in what he's said most recently than his initial statements. I think that's logical.

Anyway, I'm glad Sherri Papini is home and reportedly doing well (according to her father-in-law). I'm glad her injuries weren't life-threatening or of a nature that required a long hospital stay (according to LE). And, I really hope LE can get to the bottom of this and hold the responsible party(s) accountable under the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam