Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that was Sherri on the 22nd, wouldn't the witness notice the wounds/facial injuries? I am inclined to believe the witness account was a case of mis-identification. In the cases I have read on here and in other places, it is very common that witnesses think they have seen "someone who looks just like...." but they are mistaken (unfortunately).

That would be a pretty coincidental red herring.

I'm beginning to think this is a sex trafficking situation. But do sex traffickers release their victims after a few weeks, relatively close to their homes? If so, why?

Too much publicity surrounding her disappearance? Just a thought.

I'm beginning to think this is a sex trafficking situation. But do sex traffickers release their victims after a few weeks, relatively close to their homes? If so, why?

I'm just wondering if they released her due to the huge publicity that this case has gained. It's possible that the perpetrators felt that since her face is plastered all across the country, she would pose too much of a risk for sex trafficking.

I'd be curious to know if her nose was really broken. That's the only injury that I think would be hard to endure or self-inflict to gain some type of financial windfall.

I'm a little bothered by the husband's florid description of the injuries. Almost written like it is meant for a thriller.

From: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-pounds-blonde-hair-chopped-chained-road.html

'My first sight was my wife in a hospital bed, her face covered in bruises ranging from yellow to black because of the repeated beatings, the bridge of her nose broken,' said Keith.

'Her now emaciated body of 87 pounds was covered in multi colored bruises, severe burns, red rashes, and chain markings. Her signature long, blonde hair had been chopped off.'

He then added: 'She has been branded and I could feel the rise of her scabs under my fingers.'

Most people would say, "Her nose was broken." "Signature long, blonde hair"--I don't know what to make of that statement. I'm almost 100% sure I've never seen or heard someone say, "I could feel the rise of her scabs under my fingers."

Maybe he does love adjectives. Maybe he felt pressed to make it seem more believable because of social media doubters.

I lean towards this being a real abduction, but there's still wiggle room for dissenting opinions with what is now known. Also, how far would one be willing to go for a potential windfall?

I'm just wondering if they released her due to the huge publicity that this case has gained. It's possible that the perpetrators felt that since her face is plastered all across the country, she would pose too much of a risk for sex trafficking.

That happened in the case where the two Amish girls were abducted here in NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing that makes sense is the transfer of $100,000 in exchange for her release. Sex traffickers don't let girls go. They don't. So either it wasn't ST, or they were paid.

In my opinion...which has been wrong this entire case.

If your opinion has been wrong, it's because we've been misled somewhat, so don't be too hard on yourself!

Didn't the sheriff say, on the day SP was found, that the ransom/reward had nothing to do with her release? I agree, the release of a sex trafficking victim only makes sense if there was a payoff. But it doesn't jive with what the sheriff said a few days ago.

I can think of so many things to say, Tricia.

This is Websleuths.

We try not hurt people, especially victims. Their misery is not meant to become our folly, thanks to your efforts.

FindHG.........Very well said. ;)

Everything I am reading thusfar, the Sheriff HAS NOT confirmed the injuries that her husband has stated..

USA today has him directly quoted

"When asked to elaborate on scanner reports that Papini, 34, was found "chained to something," Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko noted Monday that his agency had not phrased it that way.

"We weren't specific on how she was restrained," he said. "After being released, dropped off, however you want to refer to it, she walked to a nearby church, and then nobody was there, and then walked to I-5 near Road 17, where she flagged down a motorist."

While the same dispatch reports indicated she was "heavily battered," Bosenko also would not specify what kind of injuries Papini had. He said she was treated and released.

"We're not providing the details, other than they were non-life threatening and that she was treated and released," he said of the injuries"

Since they are reporting these as direct quotes from the Sheriff, I think we shold hold back on specifically stating that the Sheriff is confirming this. I know in several links I have read that sleuthers have linked it does not say the Sheriff confirms what Keith has said.

Then we have the glaringly "chopped off hair" "Long blond hair" thing going.

Still waiting for more info but my opinion has remained the same.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/11/29/husband-abducted-calif-mom-sherri-papini-addresses-rumors/94593338/

Two things come to mind when a woman has had her hair chopped off, selling it for a wig, and jealousy, imo,speculation.
rbbm.
ETA, Third reason, Public shaming.
http://globalnews.ca/news/3095052/s...-out-about-his-wifes-3-week-abduction-ordeal/
“Nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to see upon my arrival at the hospital, nor the details of the true hell I was about to hear. The mental prison I was in over the past three weeks was shattered when my questions of my wife’s reality became known,” the father of two said in the statement. “The officers warned me to brace myself. My first sight was my wife in a hospital bed, her face covered in bruises ranging from yellow to black because of repeated beatings, the bridge of her nose broken.”

Keith said Papini’s “emaciated body of 87 pounds was covered in multi coloured bruises, severe burns, red rashes, and chain markings” and her “signature long, blonde hair had been chopped off.”
attachment.php

Attachments

• sherri-papini.jpg
    sherri-papini.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 455
Hang on folks, this thread is gonna go superspeed now!

:rollercoaster::rollercoaster::rollercoaster:

Dang, you weren't kidding! Once again I am trying to keep up!

.....six pages behind already. I need to take a speed-reading course just to keep up with you guys lol!

LE reported that SP said her cell phone was found at the place where she was abducted. The tracking dogs did not find her scent there. Wouldn't they have tracked it back to her house? Do they often get it wrong?

I agree that he may not be at liberty to discuss her specific injuries, but it sure did seem like he was downplaying them yesterday.

Today, I was very surprised to read what the husband had to say. Totally surprised.

Completely surprised.

jmo

Yeah... I'm still. I'm just... Sigh... I don't understand any of this.

I'd be curious to know if her nose was really broken. That's the only injury that I think would be hard to endure or self-inflict to gain some type of financial windfall.

I'm a little bothered by the husband's florid description of the injuries. Almost written like it is meant for a thriller.

From: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-pounds-blonde-hair-chopped-chained-road.html

Most people would say, "Her nose was broken." "Signature long, blonde hair"--I don't know what to make of that statement. I'm almost 100% sure I've never seen or heard someone say, "I could feel the rise of her scabs under my fingers."

Maybe he does love adjectives. Maybe he felt pressed to make it seem more believable because of social media doubters.

I lean towards this being a real abduction, but there's still wiggle room for dissenting opinions with what is now known. Also, how far would one be willing to go for a potential windfall?

Right before that description, KP says he won't address all the theories of hoax that are floating around, and then he goes on to give that description....

I think he was trying to make it so vivid, so real to the readers that they would understand that if they saw her in person they wouldn't doubt for a second that what happened to her was real and not a hoax.

JMO.

Yes! For some reason the description gets to me... If the sheriff didn't want the full info out there, he must have a reason. I'm not sure I would care what anyone thought ~ no need to prove anything! ~ as long as my loved one was safe...

LE reported that SP said her cell phone was found at the place where she was abducted. The tracking dogs did not find her scent there. Wouldn't they have tracked it back to her house? Do they often get it wrong?

This is new to me. Would you mind linking to these statements? Thx

I sincerely hope and truly believe not as far as what it appears you are asking.

I am guessing he had help writing that statement.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I don't see how someone could brand or burn themselves. I also don't think she would chop off her own hair.

Everything I am reading thusfar, the Sheriff HAS NOT confirmed the injuries that her husband has stated..

USA today has him directly quoted

"When asked to elaborate on scanner reports that Papini, 34, was found "chained to something," Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko noted Monday that his agency had not phrased it that way.

"We weren't specific on how she was restrained," he said. "After being released, dropped off, however you want to refer to it, she walked to a nearby church, and then nobody was there, and then walked to I-5 near Road 17, where she flagged down a motorist."

While the same dispatch reports indicated she was "heavily battered," Bosenko also would not specify what kind of injuries Papini had. He said she was treated and released.

"We're not providing the details, other than they were non-life threatening and that she was treated and released," he said of the injuries"

Since they are reporting these as direct quotes from the Sheriff, I think we shold hold back on specifically stating that the Sheriff is confirming this. I know in several links I have read that sleuthers have linked it does not say the Sheriff confirms what Keith has said.

Then we have the glaringly "chopped off hair" "Long blond hair" thing going.

Still waiting for more info but my opinion has remained the same.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/11/29/husband-abducted-calif-mom-sherri-papini-addresses-rumors/94593338/

I posted before I could add...I don't know how much more direct the Sheriff could be..he is definitely not confirming or agreeing with what KP says her injuries were and seems to make the point that she was able to walk

Maybe I am putting too much emphasis on the Nov22report from the woman at the T ruck Stop......BUT....if the girl WAS Sherri, in the blue truck, the two men SAW the woman who spoke to her, and may have decided they would be busted soon, so drove 150 miles away and ditched her, which is uncommon.????JMO

The thing that strikes me about this case (and others, for that matter) is this: many people seem to be more willing to believe the most outrageous theories (for which little or no evidence exists other than "I can imagine that...") -- and less willing to believe LE statements and factual evidence that, in other circumstances, they would not doubt. Kind of disheartening, if you ask me.
I can only speak for myself. It's not that I'm less willing to believe LE in general, but I'm less willing to believe LE specifically in THIS situation because the narrative keeps changing ("facts" heard on dispatch recordings on day of discovery were later backed off from or outright changed), plus I think they were highly irresponsible in the way they handled releasing a "description" of the alleged perpetrators. I mean, really, we're in California and telling the public to be on the lookout for two Hispanic women in a dark SUV is responsible police work? How does that help the public, the investigation and/or make anyone feel safe?

I understand what you're saying, sum, but it's the WAY LE is handling/mishandling this (we'll know soon enough) that rankles people I think, not LE in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member