GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took two days for the grand jury to hear evidence for SG and LR. Hoping to have an indictment soon. Nonetheless, one week from today we have a case mgmt conference for both SG and KM at the same time. Looks like they will appear together since it is the same time. Will be interesting to get footage of them together in the same room after all this!

IMO - David Lat is just trying to be an objective journalist. He's trying to report the facts and provide an unbiased professional legal opinion of those facts and speculate on the many possible theories and the many possible directions that this thing could go. Nothing wrong with that.

IMO - David Lat is just trying to be an objective journalist. He's trying to report the facts and provide an unbiased professional legal opinion of those facts and speculate on the many possible theories and the many possible directions that this thing could go. Nothing wrong with that.
IMO, he went seriously overboard trying to appear objective. In doing so, I felt like he had some type of interest in WA.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I think David Lat has done a good job reporting in this case and at Above the Law, generally. He is certainly not a failed attorney.

IIRC, he knew Dan and has a personal connection or stake in the case. It was clear to me that early on he wondered about Wendi's involvement, but he didn't want to make that kind of accusation or public speculation without more information.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 1.08.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 1.08.03 PM.png
    254.3 KB · Views: 211
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 1.08.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 1.08.14 PM.png
    371.8 KB · Views: 219
I think David Lat has done a good job reporting in this case and at Above the Law, generally. He is certainly not a failed attorney.

IIRC, he knew Dan and has a personal connection or stake in the case. It was clear to me that early on he wondered about Wendi's involvement, but he didn't want to make that kind of accusation or public speculation without more information.
And perhaps that why I didn't care for his writing. He was writing it not as an objective journalist but as someone trying not to offend. (Except for Jeffery Laclass (sp) Wendie's ex - boyfriend). IMO that's the only time I read something from him that didn't sound....flowery, or forced.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

http://www.wtxl.com/crime/magbanua-...cle_34ebcb26-b654-11e6-bb0a-33228dee513b.html

KM's attorneys filed a motion to compel with a somewhat detailed list of evidence as well as some flippant/unprofessional correspondence from the SA's office.

..unprofessional is right

Katherine Magbanua's Attorney filed a motion on Monday saying that her team was not given copies of recordings and documents they've requested.

In that motion they shared emails between themselves and the State Attorney's Office, one email showing a member of prosecution calling Magbanua's Attorney a "jerk."

..interesting PDF @ above link.

KM was indicted on 1st degree murder!!!! Not hitting news just yet.

http://www.wtxl.com/crime/magbanua-...cle_34ebcb26-b654-11e6-bb0a-33228dee513b.html
Magbanua Indicted on First Degree Murder Charges
TALLAHASSEE, FL. (WTXL) -- Assistant State Attorney Georgia Capplemen says Magbanua has been indicted on first degree murder charged and testimony from Luis Rivera helped them get the indictment.
No new evidence was presented at the hearing on Tuesday. Capplemen added that its up to Magbanua to cooperate with law enforcement.
Capplemen said the next step is going with the process and trying to find her guilty.

I really want to see Wendy in handcuffs.

She even went so far to change the children's last names. She and her family tried to completely erase a human, a father, a friend, completely off the history of the world.

I want to see them all caged

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/11/29/magbanua-indicted-markel-slaying/94610166/
Co-defendant Luis Rivera testifies in grand jury proceeding
7:06 p.m. EST November 29, 2016
Prosecutors secured a murder indictment of Katherine Magbanua, a prime suspect in orchestrating the July 2014 shooting of Florida State University law professor Dan Markel. […]
“The ball is largely in her court as far as whether she wants to cooperate,” said Chief Assistant State Attorney Georgia Cappleman. “The next step is to prosecute her, but of course, if she wanted to make a deal and give up additional guilty parties then that would change things.

I hope her attorneys remind her that CA was telling her that the guy who approached his mother DA (the undercover) needed to be offed....

Indictment is great news! That motion was an interesting read. As a former criminal defense attorney, I have to side with KM's attorneys on the issue of the e-mails and discovery. The guy is asking for his client's discovery on a murder charge. Respond to him! The snarky e-mails are totally unnecessary - this is a media case and the state should assume every e-mail could be published. Once again, step up the professionalism please, SAO!

I really want to see Wendy in handcuffs.

She even went so far to change the children's last names. She and her family tried to completely erase a human, a father, a friend, completely off the history of the world.

I want to see them all caged

So do I! :jail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members