Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ex FBI agent in the abc news clip says his thoughts are this was a random kidnapping and it involves more than the two women who have already been described as suspects

When speaking about SP's hair being chopped off, he switches from "her" to "them". So now my question is who is "them" and what provoked the incident.

He might have trouble with his pronouns, which, if true, is unfortunate because people will spend time trying to decipher.

So, chopping hair would affect the person whose hair is chopped off, and also hurt the people who love and care about the person.

No not necessarily. To brand something, you put your ownership on it. And this can be done in many ways. It can be burned on, etched on, inked on (tattoos). In commerce it can be labeled with your product name etc. it's a way of letting others know it's yours for identification purposes.

It is not a symbol but implies it's a message; I would think maybe initials or a stamped date that refers to a specific event.

JMO : brainstorming here

He might have trouble with his pronouns, which, if true, is unfortunate because people will spend time trying to decipher.

So, chopping hair would affect the person whose hair is chopped off, and also hurt the people who love and care about the person.

Or, chopping off hair humiliates victims in general (them), not just SP (her).

Jmo

"I would think that that was some sort of either an exertion of power and control and or maybe some type of message that the brand contained," Bosenko said on ABC News' "Good Morning America." "It is not a symbol, but it was a message."

He's saying the brand is a message, and he's also saying it's some type of message "contained" in the brand. So he can't discern the message? I wonder if it's initials, or a word/words and the meaning is not immediately obvious.

Well if it was personal, then I can't see it being sex trafficking...and women caught in sex trafficking rarely get set free, or at least that is my understanding. They might escape somehow but I don't think they are released. The thing that makes this look personal is the part about the branding, "message." I don't think a sex trafficker is looking to send messages.

My mind is thinking this is personal...against, "them," meaning Sherri and Keith. So...what precipitated this attack? What in the world would cause another person or group of people to take this action against SP and KP?

The former FBI special agent in the studio says he believes it was random, and that "the group" might have been out looking for a specific type of person. Interesting.

ETA: Ugh. I see others have already mentioned it. Sorry. I. Can't. Keep. Up. :scared:
But have they issued warnings in the area over and above the usual? "Keep safe - Don't jog alone or go out alone especially if you fit this profile.."

Another thought, the message is not for SP. Because she was there, experiencing all of these things. Any message for her would have been received by her. It makes me think the "message" is for KP. After all, what is the quickest way to hurt a man? To attack his wife or family.

Her "SIGNATURE" Long Blonde Hair was "chopped" off...............of what significance was her hair to Sherri, her husband and her abductors? JMO

To be fair I'm pretty sure any branding of your significant other sends a message even if it's not a Symbol or a word. And chopping my hair off would be something a girl would do. They know how long it takes to grow and how proud we are when we have. Not to mention if her husband is very fond of her "signature" hair it hurts him also. Mayhe it'll be related to the youth against drugs program her and her ex did. They could have come across someone who maybe liked her husband and hated her out of jealousy or something. Not likely but you never know what type of people they encountered during however long they did the program.

This has probably been mentioned, but the woman who saw SP waving the piece of clothing (bag?) on the side of the road said she had long hair. I tend to think she is accurate because KP confirmed afterwards that she was waving a bag. I think the hair chopping happened at the hospital to treat injuries. KP saw her first at the hospital.

This is the most bizarre case I've ever followed. Just...wow.

$$$$ and hard drugs. Total speculation but this sounds like cartel and gang type behavior. Someone close to Sherri may be deep into something bad and she was used as leverage. That's my opinion.

Well if it was personal, then I can't see it being sex trafficking...and women caught in sex trafficking rarely get set free, or at least that is my understanding. They might escape somehow but I don't think they are released. The thing that makes this look personal is the part about the branding, "message." I don't think a sex trafficker is looking to send messages.

My mind is thinking this is personal...against, "them," meaning Sherri and Keith. So...what precipitated this attack? What in the world would cause another person or group of people to take this action against SP and KP?

The former FBI special agent in the studio says he believes it was random, and that "the group" might have been out looking for a specific type of person. Interesting.

ETA: Ugh. I see others have already mentioned it. Sorry. I. Can't. Keep. Up. :scared:

We need to note that this formal special agent is only speculating that this might be random. I don't think he's part of the case, rather he's just an ABC expert they bring in to analyze different cases.

wouldn't seeing the design of this so-called "brand" perhaps provide a clue as to the ostensible "abductors'" affiliation with larger groups/gangs/etc?

Take a quick cell phone pic of the brand and post it/ share it. heck, a crude hand-drawing would be helpful at this point.
]

Good point. I mentioned this a few pages back. The "branding" could identify a particular group. Could be a key. Surprised the captors let her go as this could identify them...

I totally agree with you shefner.

here's a partial transcript of this morning's video. don't know how I found it...

http://media.snappytv.com/captions/928000/488p488/2016-11-30T12-31-53.033Z--164.067.mp4.srt

Wow...I hadn't read that about her phone and headphones. The phone was placed in grass with the screen facing up and the headphone's cord coiled up and placed on the top of the screen, as if it had been intentionally and neatly placed there. That is not what I had envisioned.

According to this article the family has hired a private investigator.

https://www.google.com/amp/fox5sand...f-missing-mom-from-redding/amp/?client=safari

“We were contacted by Sherri’s father-in-law,” said Garcia.

After conducting several searches and investigating leads of his own, Garcia believes Papini was a victim of sex trafficking.

As Papini vanished, a so-called "ransom negotiator" offered $50,000 to the kidnappers. As the deadline ticked down, the ransom turned into a $100,000 reward for anyone who could provide information bringing Papini home.

Garcia believes it was that offer that saved Papini’s life.

Exactly! A very dangerous game.

Sadly.... hair will grow back, she can regain the weight. A tattoo or even a branding can be sugically grafted to be taken off.. but emotional scars and PTSD will haunt this poor girl forever.

but at least she has a life ahead of her. She can be a mother to her babies, and a wife and anything else that makes her happy.

My prayers are with her..

all. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members