UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Roger. I suppose this happening kind of on the doorstep so to speak has made me think. I saw Nicola the other day in BSE, she was being inteviewed, and I didn't go up to her and offer her my sympathy or anything because I just felt stunned by the proximity of it. Me and my wife had just had a cuppa and a steak bake at the Greggs cafe, and we'd been having a giggle and were talking Christmas shopping, when we came across Nicola. Suddenly, it made the Corrie situation seem very close and real. I know this site is a great idea and I'm as puzzled as anybody and wish to bring the matter to a conclusion, but I'd hate to write anything that might add to Corrie's family's distress.

Indeed,
It is the last place on earth I would expect anything untoward to happen and for that reason I am sticking with the AWOL theory.

Having seen the limited cctv footage I believe the police may already know who these unidentified people are and have been hoping they come forward voluntarily. Some may even be informants requiring protection or illegal immigrants who daren't come forward. When you talk about working the case what exactly do you mean? Are you talking about our posts?

Having seen the limited cctv footage I believe the police may already know who these unidentified people are and have been hoping they come forward voluntarily. Some may even be informants requiring protection or illegal immigrants who daren't come forward. When you talk about working the case what exactly do you mean? Are you talking about our posts?

Speaking of the cctv footage, weren't the police going to release more images this week - presumably of the unidentifiable people they still have on their list?

Just because his family are adamant that he's not this and he's not that etc.... does not mean anything.
People can and do have parts of their life which are secret, which are well hidden and that's the way they want it kept.
I'm not saying Corrie did, I'm simply meaning anything is possible in anyone's life if that's the way we want it!

Hang on, I thought uncle Tony said there were 'undesirables' living in the flats that backed on to the horseshoe area? Therefore it wasn't the 'safe' place it's considered to be in the daytime? Ergo he could have walked into a negative situation just as much as a prearranged lift imo

Which taxi service was it Scorpio? Did the guy have a black t shirt or was he a black guy?
it's the same person the black guy with the black t shirt the one they had trouble identifying back in about the 3rd week, I don't think the taxi company has ever been mentioned to what I know of,

I am starting to think that we will never find out what happened to Corrie. I do think there's something a bit off about this case though and an AWOL wouldn't surprise me at all.

I am with you on this one. I find it very strange that Corrie spoke to Darroch 6 times on the Friday, but had no further contact over the weekend. Had that been a member of my family then I would have been straight down to find out why.
I also found it strange that the family didn't come to Bury for 5 days after Corrie was reported as missing.

From today's Daily Wail:

Prince Harry is criticised after snubbing a request to help raise awareness for missing airman Corrie McKeague who vanished after a night out nine weeks ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...p-raise-awareness-airman-Corrie-McKeague.html

As if Prince Harry could or would get involved. Thousands go missing each year...he can't appeal for all of them. And what do people think Harry could do? Go out searching himself? Some people are so naive. It's also ludicrous comparing Harry to Corrie. Of COURSE there's me a HUGE hunt if Harry disappeared!! He's the son of the future King!!

Just because his family are adamant that he's not this and he's not that etc.... does not mean anything.
People can and do have parts of their life which are secret, which are well hidden and that's the way they want it kept.
I'm not saying Corrie did, I'm simply meaning anything is possible in anyone's life if that's the way we want it!

You're absolutely right, everyone has secrets! Often to protect the people you are keeping the secret from because you know it will upset or worry them.

There seems to be statements being slung around at the moment that either are not based in fact, based on attention grabbing or based on unfounded allegations. Please let's just remind ourselves why we are here...

We are here to establish a motive, reason and outcome of this particular case. Vociferous mud slinging and false statements are very much NOT welcome and most definitely hinder us all. Any distraction from a meaningful line of enquiry is hindrance
Provocative comments in direct relation to the case are designed to promote a thought process which is conducive to a positive result no matter how socially repulsive. The fact that we are suggesting that Corrie may be gay/bi/trans/straight may have influence on the outcome. Likewise the drunk driving angle, the AWOL theory, alien abduction and the rest of the suggestions. We can only come to a conclusion if we flesh out the suggestions. If someone disagrees with the sentiment, then that's fine. That's democracy. But please look at that statement in case context and not in isolation. Imagine being in a court of law and mud slinging....not helpful.

Sorry I was a bit snippy last night, was very tired and I've got the sniffles, got a bit cross.

:sorry:

There seems to be statements being slung around at the moment that either are not based in fact, based on attention grabbing or based on unfounded allegations. Please let's just remind ourselves why we are here...

We are here to establish a motive, reason and outcome of this particular case. Vociferous mud slinging and false statements are very much NOT welcome and most definitely hinder us all. Any distraction from a meaningful line of enquiry is hindrance
Provocative comments in direct relation to the case are designed to promote a thought process which is conducive to a positive result no matter how socially repulsive. The fact that we are suggesting that Corrie may be gay/bi/trans/straight may have influence on the outcome. Likewise the drunk driving angle, the AWOL theory, alien abduction and the rest of the suggestions. We can only come to a conclusion if we flesh out the suggestions. If someone disagrees with the sentiment, then that's fine. That's democracy. But please look at that statement in case context and not in isolation. Imagine being in a court of law and mud slinging....not helpful.
the facts are he was last see in an area that is a cctv black spot where various lurkers are hanging about at 3.30 a.m. so the question would be asked in a court "what were you doing there in a cctv black spot etc etc". If the answer is "I was just turning up for my early a.m. baking shift at greggs and was having a *advertiser censored* out the back before work begins. Saturday is our busiest day" ( this is an example this answer is not based on fact ) then that is one thing but it would definitely be asked.

I am with you on this one. I find it very strange that Corrie spoke to Darroch 6 times on the Friday, but had no further contact over the weekend. Had that been a member of my family then I would have been straight down to find out why.
I also found it strange that the family didn't come to Bury for 5 days after Corrie was reported as missing.

In a recentt interview Nicola explained why she didn't go straight to BSE, I'll see if I can find it but the general gist was that she expected him to turn up pretty quickly IIRC.

I can see why she'd think that, if my adult son didn't turn up to work for a couple of days I'd be worried but I'm not sure I'd be able to give up my life 100s of miles away with no notice and relocate immediately. I don't read anything untoward in that.

Whether it's odd that Corrie didn't speak to Darroch depends on how their final conversation ended, If Corrie said he was going to have a good night out on Friday and spend the weekend catching up on his sleep then I guess Darroch might not expect to hear from him, if Corrie had said he'd call at 9am on Saturday and then there was radio silence that a totally different matter

JMO

In a recent interview Nicola explained why she didn't go straight to BSE, I'll see if I can find it but the general gist was that she expected him to turn up pretty quickly IIRC.

I can see why she'd think that, if my adult son didn't turn up to work for a couple of days I'd be worried but I'm not sure I'd be able to give up my life 100s of miles away with no notice and relocate immediately. I don't read anything untoward in that.

Whether it's odd that Corrie didn't speak to Darroch depends on how their final conversation ended, If Corrie said he was going to have a good night out on Friday and spend the weekend catching up on his sleep then I guess Darroch might not expect to hear from him, if Corrie had said he'd call at 9am on Saturday and then there was radio silence that a totally different matter

JMO

This is the link

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...of-her-living-hell-since-raf-gunner-vanished/

and the quote

"Nicola travelled south to Bury St Edmunds a few days after her lad went missing. Now she is scared to return to Scotland as this would mean giving up on him.
She said: “I didn’t feel the need to come down for the first five days as I had such confidence in the police."

The part about not leaving is very reminiscent of the McCanns, I hope the day doesn't come when Nicola has to accept as they did that staying serves no further purpose

If he has gone AWOL, for whatever reason, hinted at or otherwise, that is a real worry to me for his safety (his state of mind). He can't possibly be unaware of the publicity etc, so how easy for him to come back? and what are the chances that he has a new account at *the place that shall not be named or referenced* and is following the group that is trying to find him. I feel desperately sad for him if this turns out to be true.

Not sure if we're allowed to be speculative about outcomes. But I just wanted to post an update to something I noted yesterday. If you're sensitive to this case, the family etc, simple do not read please.

The body found off the A1(M) in a college sewer farm tank has been identified as male (scroll down). That's all that's been said so far. I'd imagine it will take a few days to identify this person. I'll be keeping an eye on it though.

I know the link is tenuous. I know it's not based on fact. But it's no less plausible than a lot of our speculation that perhaps Corrie went by car to Cambridge via the A14 (a very simple jaunt from Bury). And from Cambridge you can hop on the A1(M), travel north a couple of hours, come off at Junction 37 and that's where this body is. Not suggesting that is a timeline, but a potential route. There's been little mention of him possibly travelling to Cambridge, or Ipswich for that matter, with people seemingly focussed on him travelling through the wilds of Mildenhall.

I do NOT have a link to that other than that it seems pretty likely a car is involved and it travelled somewhere and something has happened to Corrie to prevent him from getting in touch with anyone (whatever your preference on reason). The FACT is that right now, there is an unidentified male body found in a sewage farm on a route that isn't too ludicrous to have originated from Bury St Edmonds. Of course, I hope not. But where is Corrie, then?

Not sure if we're allowed to be speculative about outcomes. But I just wanted to post an update to something I noted yesterday. If you're sensitive to this case, the family etc, simple do not read please.

The body found off the A1(M) in a college sewer farm has been identified as male (scroll down). That's all that's been said so far. I'd imagine it will take a few days to identify this person. I'll be keeping an eye on it though.

I know the link is tenuous. I know it's not based on fact. But it's no less plausible than a lot of our speculation that perhaps Corrie went by car to Cambridge via the A14 (a very simple jaunt from Bury). And from Cambridge you can hop on the A1(M), travel north a couple of hours, come off at Junction 37 and that's where this body is. Not suggesting that is a timeline, but a potential route. There's been little mention of him travelling to Cambridge, or Ipswich for that matter, with people seemingly focussed on him travelling through the wilds of Mildenhall.

I do NOT have a link to that other than that it seems pretty likely a car is involved and it travelled somewhere and something has happened to Corrie to prevent him from getting in touch with anyone (whatever your preference on reason). The FACT is that right now, there is an unidentified male body found in a sewage farm on a route that isn't too ludicrous to have originated from Bury St Edmonds. Of course, I hope not. But where is Corrie, then?

I was waiting for updates on this. When I initially read it I assumed it would be local /college related just because of the area surrounding my local university tends to only be students or dog walkers, but obviously you're right this could well potentially be significant. Keep us updated?

People who queued to see CCTV give Corrie search police useful info

Read more at: http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news...ve-corrie-search-police-useful-info-1-7707173

It's a shame it wasn't done earlier when people might have had a chance of remembering something useful. Even if the police speak to those people I can't see them being able to help much. I certainly wouldn't remember what I'd seen or not seen on a night 8 weeks previously, I walk home from local nights out and unless something was really unusual I probably wouldn't remember even a week later

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member