Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, a most interesting read is correct! Although I don't see this killer ever committing suicide as she values herself way too much. The smartest person in the room, she is.
She would rather stick around and cause some more misery.

Don't recall if this has been posted yet - #whatever :jail: is considering suing Nurmi

[video=youtube;SUxWERrWsOU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUxWERrWsOU&app=desktop[/video]

Don't recall if this has been posted yet - #whatever :jail: is considering suing Nurmi

[video=youtube;SUxWERrWsOU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUxWERrWsOU&app=desktop[/video]

That's rich that her current lawyer is saying it's all lies when Jodi is the biggest liar around, and that he shouldn't have violated attorney-client privledge, when Jodi opened up the door to talking about many of these things. She can't have it both ways. Go ahead and sue Jodi- you won't get to keep the money, it'll be more for the Alexanders!!! I might just have to go out and buy it, my respect for Nurmi is growing.

That's rich that her current lawyer is saying it's all lies when Jodi is the biggest liar around, and that he shouldn't have violated attorney-client privledge, when Jodi opened up the door to talking about many of these things. She can't have it both ways. Go ahead and sue Jodi- you won't get to keep the money, it'll be more for the Alexanders!!! I might just have to go out and buy it, my respect for Nurmi is growing.

I hope Nurms socked his money away in a trust in the Cayman Islands. All the ironic possibilities...
That attorney doesn't seem very sharp, either. I hope is squandering whatever $$$$ she might have....is she even allowed to have someone pay into a fund for this kind of suit when half of her assets are supposed to go to the Alexanders? Alternatively, can the Alexanders sue for the whole amount, since they're entitled to $$$$?

Karen Clark--the attorney's--bio: http://www.adamsclark.com/karen-clark.asp

Isn't this a potential suit and not a firm decision yet? This attorney might say no? I'm guessing if she takes the case it would be on contingency fee basis? Presumably, she's after settlement $$$$$.

Would the fees of the attorney in this case be considered the property of the Alexanders, since I'm guessing inmates can't really be suing folks?

How did get her hands on this book anyway?

Maybe that attorney will soon figure out that hanging out with the and rescuing her from anything is not incthe best interests of her mental health or career. After all, she could be next..... As she gets tangled up in the evil spider's web, she might soon figure out that whatever Nurms wrote is overly kind to .

The evil spider's web looks like this: :jail: linear spider's web, guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Nurms should countersue for attorney.'s fees. That might put Clark off? She'd end up owing?

Just posted an update in the appeals sticky thread.

In part: on Nov 30 the COA denied the 's attorneys' "Motion to Immediately Preserve Trial File." Looks like the COA anticipates her attorneys will be taking the issue up with the Arizona Supreme Court.

(Guessing her attorneys are arguing that the ongoing, slow, error filled completion of the trial record is an appealable issue, and that the COA disagrees, but has given her attorneys the green light to take it up with the ASC if they're so inclined).

So Karen Clark is the "ethics attorney" hired by an attorney representing Sheriff Joe? LOL.

ETA: Past tense, WAS the attorney. That article is from 2015. Tim Casey was Sheriff Joe's attorney in a class action suit relating to his (illegal) traffic stops of Latinos (deemed racial profiling).

Sheriff Joe ignored court orders to cease and desist the practice, Tim Casey allegedly was involved in the ignoring of those orders, Clark represented him and argued that communications between Casey and Arpaio were privileged and couldn't be the subject of subpoena.

A federal court threw the book at the recalcitrant, unapologetic Arpaio- he faces up to 6 months in jail - but....Arpaio wasn't reelected, and from what I can tell, Clark isn't actively involved with any Tim Casey related case at the moment.

So maybe she has time after all to rush to the 's defense about all those "lies" Nurmi wrote in his book. ;)

ETA: Past tense, WAS the attorney. That article is from 2015. Tim Casey was Sheriff Joe's attorney in a class action suit relating to his (illegal) traffic stops of Latinos (deemed racial profiling).

Sheriff Joe ignored court orders to cease and desist the practice, Tim Casey allegedly was involved in the ignoring of those orders, Clark represented him and argued that communications between Casey and Arpaio were privileged and couldn't be the subject of subpoena.

A federal court threw the book at the recalcitrant, unapologetic Arpaio- he faces up to 6 months in jail - but....Arpaio wasn't reelected, and from what I can tell, Clark isn't actively involved with any Tim Casey related case at the moment.

So maybe she has time after all to rush to the 's defense about all those "lies" Nurmi wrote in his book. ;)

Great correction. My oops.

However, that background might still be meaningful as far as this attorney's sharps (or not).

If she has any brains at all, she'll realize in a hurry that no money could give her would cover the costs of destruction.

Besides, what do you think about it being a murky area that any dollar value receives—either to pay an attorney or in a settlement—would go to the Alexanders. There's no point in suing except revenge. We all know what that means: 'll try and manipulate her new attorney into whatever line of argument she comes up with, powered by revenge. All of it will be fraud, and all of it will boomerang on her.

Maybe the new attorney will end up writing a book? That might be a trip!

's internal security risk level has been downgraded from level 5 ("highest risk" to inmates and staff) to level 4 ("high risk" to inmates and staff, potential for inmate to be violent, etc.).

Next stop: closed custody.
----------
Maximum custody (up to 2 years)
Closed custody (up to 5 years)
Medium custody (the rest of 's life, if she behaves).

's internal security risk level has been downgraded from level 5 ("highest risk" to inmates and staff) to level 4 ("high risk" to inmates and staff, potential for inmate to be violent, etc.).

Next stop: closed custody.
----------
Maximum custody (up to 2 years)
Closed custody (up to 5 years)
Medium custody (the rest of 's life, if she behaves).

It sounds like she'll max out max custody since it will be the 2-year anniversary coming up in about 6 months. This seems to suggest her behavior is less than desirable.

The new status just means she gets to play cards with other inmates or some such enticement of no major import?

Just posted an update in the appeals sticky thread.

In part: on Nov 30 the COA denied the 's attorneys' "Motion to Immediately Preserve Trial File." Looks like the COA anticipates her attorneys will be taking the issue up with the Arizona Supreme Court.

(Guessing her attorneys are arguing that the ongoing, slow, error filled completion of the trial record is an appealable issue, and that the COA disagrees, but has given her attorneys the green light to take it up with the ASC if they're so inclined).

Uck, JA... the stain that never disappears no matter the solvent, home based solution, potion you put on it. I would bet she'll get into trouble at Level 4. She is highly psychotic, probably just waiting ... and already knows whom (what crowd) to settle in with.. unless.. people there still don't like her (if the reports from her post-sentencing were accurate of the majority).

Uck, JA... the stain that never disappears no matter the solvent, home based solution, potion you put on it. I would bet she'll get into trouble at Level 4. She is highly psychotic, probably just waiting ... and already knows whom (what crowd) to settle in with.. unless.. people there still don't like her (if the reports from her post-sentencing were accurate of the majority).

I don't know if she's psychotic, but signs are she's a psychopath.

Nurmi turns over license to practice law, Arias continues to negatively affect lives

"Jodi Arias continues to leave a trail of destruction.

Her latest victim is her own attorney (the one who saved her life – twice), Kirk Nurmi."
---

Couldn't have said it better myself, Monica.

I'm no big Nurmi fan but I also didn't see where he divulged A-C info to the extent of even the 4 year suspension much less losing his license forever. I'd too love to read a no holds barred book by him about the trial, Arias suits be d*amned.

IIRC he was quite detailed and graphic about his private meetings with during the time of his representation. As I understand it, all interactions between attorney and client outside of the courtroom are considered privileged and cannot be revealed publicly without the consent of both parties.

I don't think the purely salacious nature of the revelations bear so much weight in the case, but instead just the simple fact that they were private meetings between client and attorney.

Nurmi clearly knew as much and decided to roll the dice anyway and was apparently at least prepared for, if not expecting, the consequences.

Think Jodi entered the talent show this year?

Think Jodi entered the talent show this year?

LOL. I cringe every time I hear "Oh Holy Night", no matter who is singing it.

OT: Where did H4M go? It says former member! Is she ok?

I totally understand how you feel. o Holy Night use to be my favorite Christmas song, now it is ruined for me because I see Jodi Arias singing it when I hear it.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Oh no!! Yes, hoping all is well.... anyone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong