Todd Kohlhepp - Breaking News / Latest Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
From TK's timeline on 8/28/16: TK in FB convo - "I am wealthy, not rich... and i wear jeans a whole lot more than my suits" "only thing I really flaunt money on is my cars and the hardware on my guns.. my clothes and such are target.. except my ties and dress shoes... those *****es are silk and hand stitched" "gotta keep up good convo while digging graves... no one likes a moody ***** just shoveling away".

I wonder who he had digging graves, sounds like he had some woman digging for him :(

Also, his comment on FB on 8/16/16 ( "well yeah.. thats why you throw the dead bodies of your vanquished (keller williams gonna learn today) on the fire..keeps the flames down to controllable levels" ) still bugs me. I googled missing Keller Williams real estate agent and info about a female, Camelia Perez-Hernandez, in TX is missing, along with her boyfriend. I know TX is far from SC, but she went missing 7/11/16. If TK likes to keep the women, but kill the boyfriends, this could be a possibility? Maybe she's the one he complains about while digging graves. I wonder if there were any real estate conventions for the southern region during the summer where TK and Camelia could have crossed paths?

CDC and KB went missing 8/31. :(
Does anyone else think this comment means he dug the graves days before they got there? Seems to show premeditation, IMO.

As for Asheville, there are several people missing from Asheville. I have not seen any of them mentioned as being realtors but maybe someone was a former realtor or maybe someone was related to a realtor he wanted to get back at--is that possible? A daughter or mother or wife of a realtor he considered a rival?

ETA: Camelia has been discussed a lot on the possible victims thread. There is a warrant out for her boyfriend's arrest for the charge of murder, which IMO means the police have good evidence he did something to her, not TK. JMO.

I've been wondering if the cage was something like this in the pic... we have a very similar 4'x6' crate that our rottie and lab shared before the rottie got sick.
5196cbc849a2028202365a454fedda9b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDC and KB went missing 8/31. :(
Does anyone else think this comment means he dug the graves days before they got there? Seems to show premeditation, IMO.

As for Asheville, there are several people missing from Asheville. I have not seen any of them mentioned as being realtors but maybe someone was a former realtor or maybe someone was related to a realtor he wanted to get back at--is that possible? A daughter or mother or wife of a realtor he considered a rival?

ETA: Camelia has been discussed a lot on the possible victims thread. There is a warrant out for her boyfriend's arrest for the charge of murder, which IMO means the police have good evidence he did something to her, not TK. JMO.

Oops, I haven't kept up with the possible victims thread. Off to read some more....

Kidnapping survivor files lawsuit against Todd Kohlhepp

WOODRUFF, SC (FOX Carolina) -
A 30-year-old Upstate woman who investigators said was found chained up on the property of a suspected serial killer is now filing a lawsuit against her reported abductor.

K B was found in November chained up by her neck "like a dog" in a metal storage container on a property in Woodruff, according to the Spartanburg County sheriff.

The owner of the nearly 100-acre plot, Todd Kohlhepp, is now facing charges for kidnapping B and Meagan Coxie, a woman whose body was found buried on the land. In addition, Kohlhepp is facing seven murder charges for the deaths of Meagan and Johnny Coxie, B's boyfriend Charlie Carver, and four victims slain in 2003 in Superbike Motorsports.

According to online court records, B has filed a personal injury lawsuit against Kohlhepp in Spartanburg County.

She is reportedly being represented by attorneys James Bannister, Alex Stalvey and David Wyatt.

Kidnapping survivor files lawsuit against Todd Kohlhepp

WOODRUFF, SC (FOX Carolina) -
A 30-year-old Upstate woman who investigators said was found chained up on the property of a suspected serial killer is now filing a lawsuit against her reported abductor.

K B was found in November chained up by her neck "like a dog" in a metal storage container on a property in Woodruff, according to the Spartanburg County sheriff.

The owner of the nearly 100-acre plot, Todd Kohlhepp, is now facing charges for kidnapping B and Meagan Coxie, a woman whose body was found buried on the land. In addition, Kohlhepp is facing seven murder charges for the deaths of Meagan and Johnny Coxie, Brown's boyfriend Charlie Carver, and four victims slain in 2003 in Superbike Motorsports.

According to online court records, B has filed a personal injury lawsuit against Kohlhepp in Spartanburg County.

She is reportedly being represented by attorneys James Bannister, Alex Stalvey and David Wyatt.
This is why it makes me mad that he was allowed to transfer that money! Should have never been allowed to happen! JMO

No mention in complaint of SA. So that part is a relief at least.

No mention in complaint of SA. So that part is a relief at least.

Do you think that means it didn't happen? I just find it hard to believe it didn't happen. Could it be omitted purposely?

Do you think that means it didn't happen? I just find it hard to believe it didn't happen. Could it be omitted purposely?

I would think along those lines, personally. Perhaps knowing lawsuit details would be public, there are certain things you wouldn't want mentioned. Perhaps the complaint is enough as it is without her having to publicise that part of her ordeal...?

Chains on a bed in the middle of secluded land? There's not all that much doubt in my mind about SA. But JMO.

No guess.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

i feel good about the fact that she is suing him. I doubt he will have anything left at the end of the lawsuits. I kind of like the idea that he will have no money, no life and no control.

I wonder if the reason SA charges are not pursued has to do with the fact that all the other events described are followed by an article that states that Ms. B did not consent to these actions "at any time." If that makes sense. I'm actually appalled that those statements are in there at all. I mean, what if, at one time, a victim agrees to being bound, and then changes her mind. It still ought to be (and is?) against the law once the victim no longer agrees to being bound, right?

I wonder if "at any time" includes time before they were reported missing. The complaint is an interesting read.

State agency took no action on Kohlhepp complaints

This article references complaints in regards to a Facebook page that I no longer believe exists, that I have not seen mentioned anywhere prior to this article.

http://www.independentmail.com/stor...eveal-kohlhepp-personality-troubles/94724446/

"As a respected member of the real estate community, I was just wondering if this is how we want our profession represented," the complainant wrote. "Also, isn't it the Real Estate Commission's responsibility to protect the public? After all, he does have access to all listings in Greenville and Spartanburg. Something MUST be done to stop this crazy man before something dreadful happens."

State agency took no action on Kohlhepp complaints

This article references complaints in regards to a Facebook page that I no longer believe exists, that I have not seen mentioned anywhere prior to this article.

http://www.independentmail.com/stor...eveal-kohlhepp-personality-troubles/94724446/

"As a respected member of the real estate community, I was just wondering if this is how we want our profession represented," the complainant wrote. "Also, isn't it the Real Estate Commission's responsibility to protect the public? After all, he does have access to all listings in Greenville and Spartanburg. Something MUST be done to stop this crazy man before something dreadful happens."

Whoa. Is that a page he deleted several years ago or something?

A quote from the article:
The complaints include Facebook posts that appear to have been made by Kohlhepp under the moniker "Todd Sells Realestate." In one, he shares the results of a quiz that asks "How far would you go for revenge?"

The result, as it appeared on the post:
"You'll most likely go haywire on someone taking out your revenge on anybody who did something wrong. Most likely a fatal type of approach is taken. Whether its murder or gouging out the eyes its up to you, but its bound to leave your victim mortally scarred or mentally destroyed."

Kohlhepp responded.
"Well, that part is true, I take payback a little too far," he wrote. "Easy solution, don't piss me off, everybody does just fine."
That post and others that appear to be made by Kohlhepp were included in a formal complaint that was filed with the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation in August 2009. The complainant attached other posts about sex and weaponry, all of which appear on the same social media account.

Wonder what else he was up to in 2009?

From Kadoober's link above, another complaint was from April 2009:
In a complaint from April 2009, a person writes that he or she confronted Kohlhepp about other Facebook postings. The complainant writes that even though Kohlhepp apologized when confronted, something went sour when the complainant made a decision Kohlhepp did not like.

"He said this is war," the complainant wrote about Kohlhepp.
"He further stated that he loved war more than life itself," the complainant wrote. "Another comment he made to me was 'I basically hate the human species.' "
The complainant attached copies of Facebook posts that the person said were from Kohlhepp's Facebook page.
One post is cryptic.
"I have been at war all my life," it says. "Not attacking ... any further is extremely difficult, but working on it."
Reviewers of the complaint decided not to open a case about it.

From Kadoober's link above, another complaint was from April 2009:

Wow! It's my busy time at work and hard to keep up. I was a Realtor for 8 years (in a different state). I was always worried about meeting with the Public on showings, never thought about another Realtor because I "assumed" background checks were done. That the RE board approved him knowing of his history and THEN received complaints that they did nothing about floors me!!!! It's not like it was just someone not liking his personality, TK had a VIOLENT background that they could have researched further.

I know sometimes things become clear that would not have been had something not happened. But the RE board approved him with an "apology" letter THEN get a complaint, with proof, down the road. That should have been a red flag to them to dig a little further into his background. That they ever let him get a license with his time in jail is still a mystery to me.

I also think SA did happen but was left out of KB's suit for legal reasons. I'm not versed in legality at all :/ but just assume it would be mentioned in trial, not in the initial suit??? If TK had not raped the girl when he was a teenager and just "held" her, I might think SA didn't happen. But that he has a previous history of SA, I can't imagine it didn't happen.

If you go to this site and type in TK's last name, you can see that his mother is named as a 3rd party defendant in KB's case against him.

What do you all make if this? It's my guess that she is managing his funds, but I don't know.

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Spartanburg/PublicIndex/PISearch.aspx

Case # 2016CP4204265

I had to look up what a third party defendant means. If I'm understanding this correctly it sounds like she had to be added by TK under some kind of claim-- Like either she owes him money or he is claiming she shares responsibility for the crime. That said, I am not a lawyer and just quickly read the definition of 3rd party defendant. Hope some legal experts can weigh in and tell us more about what this means. To me, it sounds like he is blaming his mommy. :eek:hoh:

I had to look up what a third party defendant means. If I'm understanding this correctly it sounds like she had to be added by TK under some kind of claim-- Like either she owes him money or he is claiming she shares responsibility for the crime. That said, I am not a lawyer and just quickly read the definition of 3rd party defendant. Hope some legal experts can weigh in and tell us more about what this means. To me, it sounds like he is blaming his mommy. :eek:hoh:

That's doubtful as the case was just filed two days ago and is still pending. Normally that means that the Summons hasn't been issued. He has to be served formally with the Summons and the Complaint before he can file an Answer and bring in a third party defendant via a Cross-Complaint. That's how it's done here in California anyway. I'm a paralegal but don't do personal injury. Civil rights and employment law is what our firm does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member