Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was lured to the vehicle in some way, people need to know how. Not for curiosity but for public safety. Why is this being kept such a secret??

I didn't watch KP on 20/20 last night but read the "transcript" from WS last night. Correct me if I'm wrong, it seems not a lot of answers were provided, other than the rest stop sighting being confirmed it wasn't SP. Still no answers to how she was abducted, descriptions of abductors and motive. Sigh.

If she was lured to the vehicle in some way, people need to know how. Not for curiosity but for public safety. Why is this being kept such a secret??

I suspect he knows all the details but has agreed not to tell them because of the open investigation. I hope they arent holding back details that would help the public stay safe.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

He made it seem like he knew but couldn't discuss it. So he gave a theory.

I still haven't watched the show but wanted to offer some ways someone could "ask for directions" without raising suspicions. I'm not saying that this is what happened. Just offering some possibilities. I don't think SP speaks Spanish so the person asking for help would need to be able to communicated well in English.

1 - "My baby is sick, do you know where there is a hospital?" Limp child visible in vehicle.

2 - "I just hit a dog/cat. Do you know where there is an animal hospital?" Limp animal visible in vehicle.

3 - "I just hit a dog/cat. Can you help me get it in my car? Limp animal on the ground.

4 - etc. Let your imagination roll.

It seems most of them went there to work, willingly, then got into a bad situation (held there against their will, not paid, almost killed). Unless she was working for them and quit, I don't really see the mj angle. I could be wrong, but I don't think the growers want to attract attention to themselves by kidnapping women picking up their mail, in broad daylight, to go work for them in the pot fields. There's people looking for work that those folks can scam. Same w/sex traffickers; Too many runaways, drug addicts, and homeless prostitutes, are a dime a dozen and no one misses them, and if they do miss them, they don't get MSM attention, with their photos plastered everywhere, and six figure ransoms donated by anon donors. Sex traffickers do not want that kind of attention.

I do not think this is sex trafficking. But that's just MO.
Many ppl in Sherry and Keith's age trimm because it's fast good money.
young professionals looking to make a fast buck.

I do t think traffickers would have kept her around for so long and would not have let her go. JMO

I have not seen any reporter ask that or any answer to that. Living in CA, it would surprise me if SP doesn't know at least some Spanish words and phrases. JMO.

I have been thinking the same. Even If she only took a couple of years of Spanish in high school and/or college, she would end up remembering some of it after three weeks with them.

Agree! Especially as to her age and location. I only took 2 years of Spanish many, many years ago. I am not fluent in the least but I can understand certain phrases and put words together enough to understand some. I'll put it this way - when on a family vacation in Mexico in a primarily Spanish speaking area years ago, I was the one chosen to communicate with taxi drivers, bellhops, etc...

Point being - I am thinking maybe Sherri understood more than her captors may have realized. I hope so.

I have a question:

SP's two young children - did she have those by KP? Or her ex?

Did she have any children with her ex?

I have a question:

SP's two young children - did she have those by KP? Or her ex?

Did she have any children with her ex?

1. The oldest is 4. The Papinis have been married 7 years.
2. Not that we know of.

Why doesn't KP not know how the abduction went down? Why was he guessing at it during the interview last night? I didn't actually see the interview, I read a transcript of it. I would assume SP has told him how it went down by this point. He's very, very sure about how she was chained in the vehicle and how she was pushed out of the vehicle. Why is he not so sure on this other point?
I suspect he knows all the details but has agreed not to tell them because of the open investigation. I hope they arent holding back details that would help the public stay safe.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm still working on how KP knew his wife was still alive.

The 2 perps must not have had their faces covered with masks when they interacted with SP before taking her. No one in their right mind would approach a vehicle or people with masks on. There was a gun involved, according to KP. That means someone pointed a gun at SP and was in control of her from that point forward. It sounded like SP may have been asked for assistance of some kind (directions or whatever), and then had a gun pointed at her. She got into the vehicle under duress (meaning it was not by her choice). KP confirmed that she was not taken 'voluntarily.'

What does it matter if she "dropped" or "set" or "placed" her phone down on the grass? She put the phone with headphones down, as common sense dictates she was probably told to leave it (we know that because it was left). No one who is being taken would want to leave their cell phone behind, so the fact it was left behind can be inferred to be not her choice.

When I had a gun pulled on me I wasn't looking at anyones face. I was staring at the gun. Not sure why I was so focused on only the gun but I was.

Cady hinted at this tweet from an ABC correspondent's verified Twitter earlier on this thread, and I found it very interesting. I got the green light from the mods to post it.
Thanks again, Cady!

https://twitter.com/mattgutmanABC/status/804286221161631744

Yes, it is interesting since I see no way that ABC can vet them without going through the authorities.

The point I'm making is I really want to know how that information could be vetted without going through law enforcement...and there's no mention of LE vetting it at all. If media can't provide a source for how they vetted this, why is it being deemed reliable?

BTW, I'm not saying SP wrote the blogs at all. If this guy said he vetted it and she did write them, I'd ask the same question because it is not something that can be done so easily. This is something that should be fact-checked as it could potentially play into a motive, so forgive me if I'm not willing to give a corespondent the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, it is interesting since I see no way that ABC can vet them without going through the authorities.

The point I'm making is I really want to know how that information could be vetted without going through law enforcement...and there's no mention of LE vetting it at all. If media can't provide a source for how they vetted this, why is it being deemed reliable?

BTW, I'm not saying SP wrote the blogs at all. If this guy said he vetted it and she did write them, I'd ask the same question because it is not something that can be done so easily. This is something that should be fact-checked as it could potentially play into a motive, so forgive me if I'm not willing to give a corespondent the benefit of the doubt.
Absolutely agree.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Agree! Especially as to her age and location. I only took 2 years of Spanish many, many years ago. I am not fluent in the least but I can understand certain phrases and put words together enough to understand some. I'll put it this way - when on a family vacation in Mexico in a primarily Spanish speaking area years ago, I was the one chosen to communicate with taxi drivers, bellhops, etc...

Point being - I am thinking maybe Sherri understood more than her captors may have realized. I hope so.

This is a great point and from experience I totally agree.

I had friends in school who were from another country and spoke arabic and when I would visit their home I would surprise them by understanding certain subjects and terms they were talking about.

It totally floored them how I caught on to what they were discussing.
And I definitely did not have any training in arabic. :)

I'm still working on how KP knew his wife was still alive.

I call it a husband's intuition. He knew she didn't just run away. He believed she was alive. Most family of missing persons want to believe that as well and will hold onto in against all hope. This doesn't mean KP did not wonder or have doubts and worry she was dead. In fact, during the 20/20 interview there WAS a part where he talked about in the early days of the search they saw birds circling in the woods and he broke down crying because he wanted to find her but he did NOT want to find her...meaning he was afraid when they were searching the woods he might find her dead body. There is no doubt in my mind he wrestled with that possibility and chose to believe and hope against hope she was alive--and it happened that she WAS alive. JMO.

Why doesn't KP not know how the abduction went down? Why was he guessing at it during the interview last night? I didn't actually see the interview, I read a transcript of it. I would assume SP has told him how it went down by this point. He's very, very sure about how she was chained in the vehicle and how she was pushed out of the vehicle. Why is he not so sure on this other point?

He made it seem like he knew but couldn't discuss it. So he gave a theory.

I do not think this is sex trafficking. But that's just MO.
Many ppl in Sherry and Keith's age trimm because it's fast good money.
young professionals looking to make a fast buck.

I do t think traffickers would have kept her around for so long and would not have let her go. JMO

What do you mean by "trimm "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have another question:

Is it at all known if SP, at any time in her life, dated Hispanic men?

Maybe it was only a dish towel size? Or maybe it was the hood they kept over her face when transporting her and there was nothing she could use it for to escape or harm herself? There were no details on how big or what shape or what size or what material this clothe was, but does it REALLY matter that much? The point is the same--that she was a mother in captivity desperately missing her children. JMO.

"a piece of discarded cloth." <<< snipping from the interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members