Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many red flags here it's just ridiculous. I think our weekend warrior and 9/11 "hero" CG is the key to this case. Have we traced the money he supposedly had to use as a ransom? Did it come from the church from which they all seem to be connected? Would also be good to know any communication with the family before this incident, and specifically with whom he communicated.

Also, his "Linked In" profile states that he joined the military shortly after 9/11 and honorably discharged in 2005. On Project Takens FB site, on a Dec. 2nd post, "In late 2009, Cameron became the Lead Captivity and Survival Instructor for the Marine Special Operations Command. He then went on in 2010 to create an advanced battlefield intelligence collection program for the U.S. Navy SEALS's and their global anti-terrorism missions. Cameron also founded Catalyst Advanced Training Group in 2010. He was the Lead Instructor for this program. Also, Project Taken's FB page has reviews for the first time in its history. There is one single star review and the rest are all five star reviews. Some of the people who like and review the site are also connected w/Bethel. This whole thing around him just doesn't feel right to me whether he was involved in her disappearance or not.

To date, the only time I ever heard of someone wanting to drastically change their appearance is if they want to permanently disappear and start a whole new life (pseudocide) but that does not seem to apply in this case.

I have not read a whole lot about that - I know there are books on the subject.

Just a quick PSA ... I know this feature was mentioned about a gazillion threads past, but I encourage everyone to explore emergency features on their phone.

Mine is an android, and I went under settings to emergency and set it to contact my husband. I tested it the other night. I tap my power button three times quick, and it sent him an SOS message. Even though I didn't have my GPS on, it sent him my exact location, a picture from both the front and back of the phone and a short audio clip. Pretty cool.

I think you're right. If you listen to it on 0.5 speed on youtube, it sounds even more like what you thought. I don't hear "metal" at all.

Is that possibly what was branded on her?

I really thought it was metal too, but then I heard it with the sound bar on my tv and it sounded like MILF, I am wondering if that's what was branded on her too.

I think you're right. If you listen to it on 0.5 speed on youtube, it sounds even more like what you thought. I don't hear "metal" at all.

I think you're hearing things. He doesn't enunciate well and it sounds like "middle" but he is saying metal. No f sound at all.

There are so many red flags here it's just ridiculous. I think our weekend warrior and 9/11 "hero" CG is the key to this case. Have we traced the money he supposedly had to use as a ransom? Did it come from the church from which they all seem to be connected? Would also be good to know any communication with the family before this incident, and specifically with whom he communicated.
I've been wondering about the church connection to the money, also. The whole anonymous donor passing through town scenario feels a little to Hardy Boys for me.

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

Thank you! Reminds me of a cartoon my dad (retired FBI!) had ~ "My sources may be unreliable but their information is fascinating."

I think you're hearing things. He doesn't enunciate well and it sounds like "middle" but he is saying metal. No f sound at all.
Agreed. MILF is a stretch and also makes no sense in his context

I've only just found this case today and something just doesn't smell right, why is my Hinky Meter going haywire guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Mine is still pegged at 11. :)

How does that fit with the careful placement of the phone some way off the road? I mean if in broad daylight you roll up to your victim pointing a gun I would imagine they would grab, bundle her into the car and get out of dodge?

Maybe SP was kneeling and tying her shoe when the SUV first pulled up. Maybe she had already placed her phone down while tying her laces and the SUV saw the perfect chance to grab a vulnerable, pretty petite jogger?

Matt Gutman stated he saw the photos and he seemed pretty horrified by what he saw

Neither the hospital (HIPPA) nor LE (crime evidence) would show Matt Gutman the original photos of her injuries. KP probably took photos on his own and showed them to MG. JMO

Just a thought - maybe Frank Ahearn could be brought in on this case.

jobid, your link was not to MSM and the story was not entirely accurate - officials involved in investigating the case have never said cult - but I did find MSM that makes mention of the angle you were describing.

"You cut their hair. You beat them. You're really talking about behavior of what a cult or an extremist group would use to break somebody down," said Brad Garrett, former FBI agent.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/sherri-...lling-details-about-wifes-kidnapping/1634557/

"I would think that that was some sort of either an exertion of power and control and/or maybe some type of message that the brand contained," he said on ABC News' "Good Morning America." "It is not a symbol, but it was a message."

[...]

"Obviously, a very sick person who may have wanted to not only to cut it off to change her physical appearance but also as to humiliate them, wear her down," Bosenko said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/california-mom-sherri-papini-message-burned-skin-sick/story?id=43869060

Hmmn,I get the idea of cutting a female's hair really short or shaving their head to try to break them down or humilate them... but cutting it into a shoulder length bob?

One thing I can't get out of my mind...it would be very easy to deflect the idea of a hoax by releasing pictures of her injuries. Originally, I thought perhaps this hadn't been done because the "brand" was on her face, but KP stated it isn't. I understand the desire for privacy, and perhaps some ego involved in not wanting to be seen in an unattractive way, but it would go a long way to hushing the rumors.

I haven't been able to find any statements about why they would or wouldn't want to release pics of her injuries. Has anyone else read statements on this topic?

I think that would be a bit invasive just to quench the media and the bystanders (WS'ers included!) curiosity. LE must have taken the appropriate measures to gather medical assessment (re: injuries, etc) and forensic evidence (<< as in photographs).

Fascinating how we interpret things differently. I will say his California accent makes the word metal sound like med-al to my English ears but it is similar to how Californian's say the word water that sounds like war-da to me so just take account of that.

Any chance ransom was paid, police were left out of the loop, and part of the deal was for Sherri to say two Hispanic women kidnapped her, even though that is not the true description of her kidnappers?

I also think the police and KP had some other clue she was kidnapped right from the start, but feel that releasing that clue would do more harm than good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998