UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dcflag would you explain why your 100% just so I can understand it more please I'm not doubting you its just id like to understand it please if that's ok to ask x

as far as the police and family are concerned, all the other cctv has been checked, he could not walk out of the horseshoe in any direction without being picked up by cctv somewhere in the streets leading away from the horseshoe

tbh he has had to have gone by vehicle imo

Have the Police actually stated that themselves? Can you provide the link?

Hi All. Another newbie, been reading for a few days now. It all most defiantly does not add up like some of you have mentioned. What I don't understand is the whole CCTV/horseshoe area and nothing being seen. I feel like there is a lot more to the vehicle sits then they are letting on. The vehicles have been identified and are currently under investigation, just as 10 of the 23 unidentified have now been identified.. but they haven't been spoken to. Am I right to assume that this means they have seen the cars/people but have no idea how to trace there current whereabouts?? Hope this makes some sort of sense?

Welcome!

It doesn't suggest anything except they are aware of the vehicles and keeping all information close to their chests. Also they have identified 13 people haven't they? With 10 left to go.

Yes sorry. Could be 13. Keeping track of all this information on my phone so isn't always easy to refer back. Sorry to confuse anyone

But still give or take 10-15 minutes? To be honest my brain is so melted I can't remember what I was even referring too!
I'm still catching up. What it means is it will ping approx 3 miles from the mast . So if the ping was 04.58 and the bin lorry was approx 3 miles from the mast at that time , if it was doing 30 mph it would take 6 mins to get to the mast location and activate the motion cctv at 05.04 So to match the bin lorry to that ping at the BM roundabout, they could have expected to see a vehicle some minutes later on the cctv. That's probably why they were looking for the blue car too initially and must have ruled that out and gone for the bin lorry as the suspect vehicle.

Dcflag would you explain why your 100% just so I can understand it more please I'm not doubting you its just id like to understand it please if that's ok to ask x

Of course it's okay to ask. In the family updates tony has been very forcefully insistent that Corrie has not walked out of that horseshoe. I've seen several comments of his where he has gotten irate and been very matter of fact that access to that horseshoe is covered by cctv.

If someone walks in or out, or drives in or out, it's on that camera.

I'm happy to believe this from the family updates, partly because I believe he left in a vehicle, partly because I believe there's a third party.

I think the vehicles have been kept under wraps intentionally. I think that the police probably have a good idea of how he left that horseshoe and the cctv was about corroborating this plus who the third party was (or how many. The registered keeper of a car isn't necessarily the driver. Many people drive family members cars uninsured and I'm sure friends do on occasion too) I don't think we will ever get a vehicle specific update, I personally believe we will go from knowing practically nothing like now to the police saying "this is how he left" and arresting someone almost out of the blue.

In a lot of missing cases where it's been a tragic accident the person never really gets very far from the last sighting. I'm just not convinced his phone was in that bin lorry, I can't make myself truly believe it. For me the answers lay in mildenhall and not bse.

Have the Police actually stated that themselves? Can you provide the link?

TBH, have the Police actually explicitly confirmed anything meaningful at all? Genuine question! AFAIK, the Police stance is and remains that there is no evidence of foul play and that all options remain open and all possibilities are being explored?

We have witnessed the last 10 weeks of confusion of times and facts ever changing. I can only assume, given the official Police stance above, that the information shared with the family has been vague/limited because they knew it would be shared publicly?

All IMO.

I was talking to a friend about this as a possibility the other day. He could have walked round the edge of the wall but this would have been for deliberate avoidance of the CCTV only surley? But then he would have been picked up then further down on the Cornhill CCTV ?
Only if the cornhill cctv was working or hadn't been wiped by the time it was viewed??

Thank you Dcflag very kind and patient of you to share that with me .... I also don't think that phone was in the bin lorry and a lot of what you have said as made a lot of sense xx

as far as the police and family are concerned, all the other cctv has been checked, he could not walk out of the horseshoe in any direction without being picked up by cctv somewhere in the streets leading away from the horseshoe

tbh he has had to have gone by vehicle imo

Can you give us a link to this confirmation from the police please? I'd really like to see this as I want to put away the lingering doubt I have about the CCTV once and for all.

The last thing I could find from the police with regard to CCTV coverage was this :

"There is not 100% coverage in the area and therefore police are broadening the search for CCTV images and continuing to view the footage already collected."

Which is from their website update on 12 October. I've not found anything from the police since to confirm anything different. The family on the other hand is insisting that leaving on foot is impossible without being seen on CCTV.

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague

Just want to say goodnight to you all I'm struggling tonight and not feeling to great I will catch up early hours and thank you for allowing me to join in and yet again being a patient I always feel welcomed in here xx

TBH, have the Police actually explicitly confirmed anything meaningful at all? Genuine question! AFAIK, the Police stance is and remains that there is no evidence of foul play and that all options remain open and all possibilities are being explored?

We have witnessed the last 10 weeks of confusion of times and facts ever changing. I can only assume, given the official Police stance above, that the information shared with the family has been vague/limited because they knew it would be shared publicly?

All IMO.

Sorry, but FACTS DO NOT CHANGE! This is where my issues lie.
IMO the Police ARE NOT INTERESTED. Just ask yourselves, or indeed the Police why?

On the footage that was on the ITV website some of the clips shown were from the cctv inside the corn hill walk

IMO the Police ARE NOT INTERESTED. Just ask yourselves, or indeed the Police why?

Could I ask why you think the police seem uninterested?

Just want to say goodnight to you all I'm struggling tonight and not feeling to great I will catch up early hours and thank you for allowing me to join in and yet again being a patient I always feel welcomed in here xx

Goodnight, I hope you're feeling better in the am

Can you give us a link to this confirmation from the police please? I'd really like to see this as I want to put away the lingering doubt I have about the CCTV once and for all.

The last thing I could find from the police with regard to CCTV coverage was this :

"There is not 100% coverage in the area and therefore police are broadening the search for CCTV images and continuing to view the footage already collected."

Which is from their website update on 12 October. I've not found anything from the police since to confirm anything different. The family on the other hand is insisting that leaving on foot is impossible without being seen on CCTV.

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague

<modsnip>

Be careful what you wish for!

No they don't but at the same time the Police wouldn't want the facts to be posted publicly while trying to make a case for court?

Why do you say the Police aren't interested?

Burning question... is everybody 100% convinced that the CCTV wouldn't have spotted Corrie?! I know this has been gone over and over, I know what the family/police are saying but I'm still not convinced. Just throwing it out there!
If it's absolutely 100% impossible to leave that area without being spotted then he's still in there, no? And if he's been seen leaving in a vehicle why not confirm it and move the investigation forward?
My brain hurts!
If he has evaded it then how can it be 100% impossible. Personally I think he went up and over the back, walked a few miles then met his lift or hitched a lift. Simple explanation and he kept his phone with him till it's last ping and battery fail. He then bought a pay as u go sim to put in his dual sim phone . He must have help if his bank account has not been used. He had more than two days to get a long way away. Do we know if anyone else went missing at the same time? JMO.

If he has evaded it then how can it be 100% impossible. Personally I think he went up and over the back, walked a few miles then met his lift or hitched a lift. Simple explanation and he kept his phone with him till it's last ping and battery fail. He then bought a pay as u go sim to put in his dual sim phone . He must have help if his bank account has not been used. He had more than two days to get a long way away. Do we know if anyone else went missing at the same time? JMO.

Is there not cctv on the roads behind the horseshoe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels