CA - Massive fire at Oakland warehouse party, 36 dead, 2 Dec 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;805938105178095617]https://twitter.com/AP/status/805938105178095617[/video]

Sheriff: 'We don't believe' additional bodies will be found in Oakland warehouse fire.

Inital list was like 220 now at 50 just aired

lots of double reports

Does anyone else think we'll be seeing more of the mayor in a higher political office in future years? She is handling this horror with dignity and compassion. Gitana said she's been wonderful to them.

Yes, I've been very impressed with Libby Schaaf. 180 degrees from her predecessor Jean Quan, who was incompetent.

local live

they are gonna use the crane to lower fokj in cages to shore up leaning part

I was thinking they might tarp the roof since we are expecting a cold front, then rain by Thurs.

Sherriff just announced they don't think any more victims will be found.

She probably did know about the warehouses. I think they were common knowledge. As we've discussed, nothing moves quickly in these situations. And I doubt she is in a hands on position with individual building inspectors. That's one of many departments she oversees. Up until now, other problems like crime have been much bigger concerns. I'm sure the unsafe warehouse living situations will move toward the top of the list of priorities. It's kind of like playing whack-a-mole in her position, I imagine.

I agree. I was just wincing a bit at all of the glowing praise she was getting considering that some tenants had submitted angry complaints about the safety issues with that specific address. It is great that she is handling it well in terms of what she is saying now but I still have some questions about her own accountability.

Personally, I think he's too arrogant and self important to commit suicide. He's incredibly self indulgent but I don't see him indulging in actual suicide... A lame attention seeking pretend attempt maybe.

Yeah, this guy is a narcissist of the highest order. It's all about what he lost and how it affects him. No concern for anyone else.

Fire started on the 1st floor in the back, probably electrical, dance floor may have been right above it.

So many warning signs.

Comments here from Micah Allison's father.

"Honestly, I don't think he is capable of feeling any kind of remorse or guilt," said Allison's father, Michael Allison of Portland, Oregon. "I've never seen him ever really care about anyone else."

" He described the couple as users of methamphetamine, heroin and crack and said their three young children were taken away from them by social service authorities for several months beginning last year. The youngsters were found hungry, infested with lice and ill-clothed, he said."

http://www.ktvu.com/news/221789514-story

I have to give myself a timeout now.

Early on one neighbourhood witness mentioned that there was garbage burning behind the building just before the fire broke out.

So many warning signs.

Comments here from Micah Allison's father.

"Honestly, I don't think he is capable of feeling any kind of remorse or guilt," said Allison's father, Michael Allison of Portland, Oregon. "I've never seen him ever really care about anyone else."

" He described the couple as users of methamphetamine, heroin and crack and said their three young children were taken away from them by social service authorities for several months beginning last year. The youngsters were found hungry, infested with lice and ill-clothed, he said."

http://www.ktvu.com/news/221789514-story

I have to give myself a timeout now.

BBM---and still the kids are returned to the parents. :no:

Personally, I think he's too arrogant and self important to commit suicide. He's incredibly self indulgent but I don't see him indulging in actual suicide... A lame attention seeking pretend attempt maybe.

I'm with you on this one. Suicide seems highly unlikely. I don't think for a second that he comprehends or even cares about this massive loss of life. He's upset that he lost all of his junk. My opinion stems mostly from that rotten post on FB, but I'm not buying the excuse he gave for that this morning. He didn't realize people died? He knew damn well people were in there, and should have known there might be casualties. Anyone with a brain and a heart would have asked FIRST THING if everyone was ok. Not him...
Gah! This guy really ruffles my feathers!
MOO
Link for the FB post and "excuse" if anyone missed it.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ck-almena-says-heart-broken-n691901?CID=SM_FB

The Ghost Shop fire is one giant CF or Charlie Foxtrot. PM me if you want to know what it is.

I have heard of extremely arrogant people who committed suicide, like Dr. Harold Shipman. They do it as a form of control.

Oi vie

He was placed under citizens arrest !!

He had a stolen RV that is what the stolen property deal is

discreet huh?

If someone was pitching this as a movie no studio would touch it

just all the way around give us a break huh!

Several claimed they ran for fire extinguishers, and the one guy who has been on media while the flames were still reaching for the stars and has not left (!) said it did not work.

Probably antiques!!

You can see an extinguisher in the photo that CoreyRocks posted - it looks to be contemporary. We have two fire extinguishers in our 1887 Victorian and the fire department inspects and tags them every year or two. I doubt Derick Ion bothered to make sure his were working properly. :mad:

We also have fire sprinklers, a commercial fire alarm system and smoke alarms in every room, including closets - old wood and old furniture stuffing is just made for a bonfire. The bonus is that it gets us a deep discount on our homeowners insurance. I'm kind of surprised the warehouse owner didn't have something in place as well. I doubt she will ever see a penny of insurance money - if she even has a policy that is.

I came here last Saturday to read the news about this unimaginable tragedy, and as I went page by page, I got to page three and my heart froze. Gitana there are no words to express the sadness I instantly felt since learning your beloved SIL is most likely a casualty of this senseless fire that shouldn't have ever happened. Each day I read but I have been unable to post until now due to the overwhelming heartache I continuously feel for you and your family, my sweet treasured friend. As I read on further, and saw that Blue also had a missing loved one, and later I was so elated to read she had been found alive.

It shows how much it truly hurts us all when one of our own has lost someone so precious and dear to them. Words cannot express the sadness I feel for Gitana and her brother as they wait for what is to come. May God wrap His loving arms around them, and give them the strength they need to get through the nightmare they are in. Their lives have changed forever like so many families who have lost their own loved ones in this raging fire. It shows how love is so important and must be given every day to everyone we love and care about since we do not know what the next day may hold.

It would be such a sad thing no matter when it happened, but somehow it seems even more so with the holidays coming when families and friends come together to enjoy this special season with one another. Instead there are numerous families who are waiting and waiting for those dreaded words that they never ever wanted to hear.:( God bless them all.

He is a sociopath peroid. This AM on this video when asked what he wants to say, he took it back to him, they were MY friends I lost MY friends what do you think I am feeling

me me me

no capacity to think about anyone but HIM

he is IMO mentally disturbed but its a personality disorder would love to know HIS upbringing

disturbed -- that is why earlier today I expressed fear for the two ladies that gave their names (Booudrex) for fear of their lives

he is very dangerous

imo

Narcissistic Personality Disorder with Antisocial and Schizotypal Personality Disorder perhaps? Narcissistic Psychopath? He has some serious anger issues as he can be violent.

He is a megalomaniac from what it sounds like. Examples of that are Eric Harris, Elliot Rodger, Jerry Sandusky, Osama bin Laden, and Adolf Hitler.

Jodi, Joran and Casey: On the Psychology of Evil
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evil-deeds/201305/jodi-joran-and-casey-the-psychology-evil

I would be interested in his childhood too. I would not be surprised if he had a history of bullying.

I could see Elliot Rodger and Eric Harris in Derick Ion.

They removed the video of him running around in circles acting like a moron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member