CA - Massive fire at Oakland warehouse party, 36 dead, 2 Dec 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I was just wincing a bit at all of the glowing praise she was getting considering that some tenants had submitted angry complaints about the safety issues with that specific address. It is great that she is handling it well in terms of what she is saying now but I still have some questions about her own accountability.
This has been going on long before Libby took office. She hasn't been in office that long. I'd blame her predecessor Jean Quan, who had her own blight issues with her personal home.

The sheriffs son was very talented vocally - he appeared on Americas got talent '

[FONT=&amp]The teenager studied choir at Ruth Asawa School of the Arts, a prestigious public arts school in San Francisco

[/FONT]http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2016/12/05/draven-mcgill-17-fires-youngest-victim-so-far/

[video=youtube;mLbKo-Ra5h8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLbKo-Ra5h8[/video]

Michael Cardoza legal commentator is talking 2nd degree murder for Ion!!!

I've never experienced so much grief for a situation that I wasn't directly involved in. I'm fighting tears and rage. I'm so angry that this could happen. I'm so angry that preventative measures weren't taken. My heart is aching so heavily for the families. This could have been prevented. It's NOT ok.

There were security screens on the windows preventing them from opening!!! 80% of building processed, but could be other victims in the 20%. People texting loved ones in their final moments.

Michael Cardoza legal commentator is talking 2nd degree murder for Ion!!!

I totally agree. I wish he could be charged with a higher count but 2nd degree murder will put him in prison for a very long time. I cant even discuss or post my opinion about this man and if I posted what I really want to say about him I would most likely be banned. Just thinking about him throws me into a fit of rage and I rarely get angry.@#$%#

This was a total disregard for human life.

The Ghost Shop fire is one giant CF or Charlie Foxtrot. PM me if you want to know what it is.
OMG this made me laugh so hard!
I have heard of extremely arrogant people who committed suicide, like Dr. Harold Shipman. They do it as a form of control.
Good point. I don't see this particular arrogant effstick going out that way, though, except maybe in an accidentally-on-purpose OD. He's too magical and special puke. He doesn't have any knowledge to hold over anyone's head like where bodies are buried. I think he's just too infatuated with himself and his image. I mean, he can totally prove me wrong, I'm not saying he SHOULD (wish I could bold in tapatalk), but if he did, I'd be fine with being wrong. But I'm not seeing it, he's got a new melodramatic role to play now because he's always the victim just like when everyone conspired to "kidnap" his children... Oh goodness and what about the "apology" from his mom or mother in law how did he coerce and manipulate that? Dude is a selfish @-$#"/. I've seen nothing to indicate his wife as being any better. The oldest daughter seems the most mature family member IMO.

There were security screens on the windows preventing them from opening!!! 80% of building processed, but could be other victims in the 20%. People texting loved ones in their final moments.

THIS is what I was terrified of. This is why it hurts so much

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/death-toll-from-fatal-oakland-fire-continues-to-rise/

I hope this works, I don't know how to post the video itself.

Did anyone see this? They show a video (in the video) of the police inside the building in October, and he says "police inspectors checked into it back in October. We don't know why action was not taken then on the complaints filed by residents..."

A talking legal head explained that LE can not do anything -- it is private property .

A talking legal head explained that LE can not do anything -- it is private property .

Channel 2 is interviewing Darin Remaletti (sp?) He is being evasive. Owner Chor NG has owned it since 1997. Ion moved in 3 years ago.

THIS is what I was terrified of. This is why it hurts so much

Well it is an area of Oakland with lots of gangs. Not an area I would get off the freeway or be comfortable in at night.

In the PC I was very impressed with the Mayor. I hope they have procedures in place to help the firefighters cope with what they are experiencing. I too was hoping there were no phone calls or texts. Prayers for all.

But LE does stuff with private property all the time?!?! I mean, if I own my home and land I don't get to just declare it "flourishville" and rule upon it as I see fit... Or do I? I'm a forever-renter :( :( I want my own queendom!

But really, I'm just not buying that everyone's hands were tied. While I'm shaming myself, I'll admit it: I've been evicted before. It didn't take months and yeah I stayed until the last possible second because I didn't have anywhere else to live. And thus, I discovered just how uncomfortable garden bathtubs are, but I digress :)

It's not that difficult to evict people who were renting an actual habitable hovel so why the freak is it so hard to evict a squatter?

CARIIS, my ire is not directed at you, sweets, and also don't go worrying us like you did again okay.

Reporter's last name: Lee- think it was Henry Lee, who I think also writes for the S.F. Chronicle. I watched it on KTVU Channel 2 around 4:30. I'm sure now it was Henry Lee- he is an investigative reporter for KTVU Channel 2, which is the Bay Area Fox affiliate.

Just rebroadcast @6:00pm PST news including that someone else drove off with his SUV from the hotel.

My sister in law was at the rave. We cannot find her. She's not answering her phone which is dead. The coroner said she's on the unaccounted list. Please
pray for us. I'm on the plane to Oakland. Her name is Jennifer Mendiola. My brother is flipping out.

So sorry Gitana, my heart and no doubt, our collective hearts here on Ws are with you, and hoping beyond hope for all of Jennifer Mendiola's family and friends.
:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members