CA - Massive fire at Oakland warehouse party, 36 dead, 2 Dec 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am afraid of the pair running also, I have a feeling (JMOO) that allot of people are watching them.............even if it is the media.
Maybe they can't get him right now on murder, but there has to be something to hold him on. IMOO his wife is to blame also.

As I told Gitana on the FB page, no one is here to judge. Whatever her SIL chose to do, she is no less beautiful. She deserves justice and I am so very sorry for the family. Brave Gitana we love you

Here us the letter from gitana1. She is with her brother while they wait for word from the officials about her sister-in-law.

The news has been reporting my brother's wife as the girlfriend of Micah Danemeyer. I now need to publicly clarify the following:

My brother Jean-Thierry Mendiola and his wife Jennifer Mendiola/Alana Kane were recently separated (three months ago). They were in marriage counseling with more sessions scheduled. My brother is deeply in love with his wife and was hopeful about the possibility of a reconciliation.

The day he found out his wife was at the Ghostship was the day he found out Jennifer was seeing someone else. She had not divulged that to our family, her family, my brother or many of her friends. This was a shock.

I have been in touch with Micah's family. They are good people suffering the horrible loss of their beloved family member.

Jennifer was a beautiful and good person who we all love deeply. No matter what. People are human and relationships are complex.

My brother especially wants people to know that she was angelic and didn't have an ounce of malice in her bones.

My brother is devastated to be suffering the loss of his wife and now to hear his wife of 8 years (together 10) to be identified by the media as the girlfriend of someone she's known for a few months. This is a grave shock. So we ask for understanding and sensitivity from the public and the media. We await identification. All we can do is love one another and be compassionate. No judgment.

gitana1

Dearest Gitana, thank you for sharing. Unfortunately, I had seen that posted in some articles but it was not at the top of my focus. Of course we have learned forums and reporters can be nit-picky and it might eventually have come out front, but I honestly do not think it matters to any of us here. There was no need for an explanation, but I do understand why you may have felt it was best to make this clear. However.... It changes nothing; our hearts are focused on you, your brother, and your missing SIL. It is obvious he and the family hold much love for her. Enough said on this branch... it is behind us now.

Much love, respect, and comfort coming to you, our Gitana. :grouphug:

Derrick reminds me of a David Koresh

Dozens saw Oakland warehouse founder as guru, loved to surround himself with followers
http://www.ktvu.com/news/221789514-story

From the article above.

"Honestly, I don't think he is capable of feeling any kind of remorse or guilt," said Allison's father, Michael Allison of Portland, Oregon. "I've never seen him ever really care about anyone else."

Almena "surrounds himself with people who are going to treat him like he's some sort of guru," said Danielle Boudreaux, who said she was a friend of the couple for eight years. "He enjoyed having minions around to do his tasks for him and help build this great -- he thinks he's building this artistic empire."

A few years ago, Micah Allison's family talked her into entering drug rehab, only to have Almena persuade her to leave again, her father said.

I am thinking also Jim Jones, Charles Manson, Marshall Applewhite, Osama bin Laden, and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

Derick Almena is a psychopath, likely a narcissistic and malevolent psychopath.

A talking legal head explained that LE can not do anything -- it is private property .

Quote from CARIIS on last thread re: the police in the building in October^^

Hubby (building inspector) and I are discussing this, and we just aren't understanding the laws there. Here the police would have called the building inspection department and the fire marshal, according to him, and the place would have been condemned.
Just not understanding how this happened. So, so sad.

Can you ask him if this had not happened like what does the code list as the ramifications for not complying?

On one report there were like time lapse , over several years, and it was hideous to see how the junk outside just built up.

When I was watching it the only conclusion I could come up with I guess its fine to ignore nothing happened for years- only got worse and worse.

It is just so hard to comprehend.

Really bugged me.

A talking head type expert , when asked if he thinks evil one ( my new name for "it") is being "watched" he said a resounding "no" they have to wait for the investigation.

I totally think he is gonna try and run. They took his kids away, it is pretty clear he is not getting them back, he has his wife.

IMO , the way he processes the world around him why not run, and start scamming elsewhere? What is keeping him there?

NOthing- they already have a lot of mud on their face, they better not let this happen.

He is on probation, now is not the time for LE to follow the rules - give me a break

moo

Arrest is coming sooner than later I HOPE [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Public safety...........when we go into a dance hall, we take it for granted that every code is up to date.
Personally I hardly ever looked for exists etc, when I was young we just went out for fun.
Never dreaming something horrific like this would happen.
Just trying to wrap my head around this.

Here us the letter from gitana1. She is with her brother while they wait for word from the officials about her sister-in-law.

The news has been reporting my brother's wife as the girlfriend of Micah Danemeyer. I now need to publicly clarify the following:

My brother Jean-Thierry Mendiola and his wife Jennifer Mendiola/Alana Kane were recently separated (three months ago). They were in marriage counseling with more sessions scheduled. My brother is deeply in love with his wife and was hopeful about the possibility of a reconciliation.

The day he found out his wife was at the Ghostship was the day he found out Jennifer was seeing someone else. She had not divulged that to our family, her family, my brother or many of her friends. This was a shock.

I have been in touch with Micah's family. They are good people suffering the horrible loss of their beloved family member.

Jennifer was a beautiful and good person who we all love deeply. No matter what. People are human and relationships are complex.

My brother especially wants people to know that she was angelic and didn't have an ounce of malice in her bones.

My brother is devastated to be suffering the loss of his wife and now to hear his wife of 8 years (together 10) to be identified by the media as the girlfriend of someone she's known for a few months. This is a grave shock. So we ask for understanding and sensitivity from the public and the media. We await identification. All we can do is love one another and be compassionate. No judgment.

gitana1

Gitana1

With deep and helpless regret and sadness for your brother, you, your families, and your friends, I respectfully ask that you accept my condolences, for this horrific loss of Jennifer's young life.

:rose:​

evil person being in a Marriot is adding insult to injury. I truly can not think of a better example of blood money.

Arrest is coming sooner than later I HOPE [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It takes our system 20 months when they have the offense on video --I just can not imagine how long this is gonna take.

<modsnip>

My local news says a man from Pittsburgh is missing from the fire. He was a lawyer now in the Bay area.

Are Ion and his wife legally married? She doesn't use his name?
What do we really know about Ion?
Does he have any criminal records?
I heard he was on probation, what for?

Can you ask him if this had not happened like what does the code list as the ramifications for not complying?

On one report there were like time lapse , over several years, and it was hideous to see how the junk outside just built up.

When I was watching it the only conclusion I could come up with I guess its fine to ignore nothing happened for years- only got worse and worse.

Mr. Lobe said that's hard to answer. It depends on the municipality's penalties. Where does a misdemeanor end and a felony begin? Citations would have been issued first and the owner of the property would be taken to court. Building Inspectors are officers of the court, and can testify in these matters. Failure to comply would lead to additional citations, shutting off of the utilities, contempt of court and possibly jail time, and the building would go through the condemnation process.
Because the building was being illegally (not as a warehouse) and it was a public safety matter, it would have been reason enough for the fire marshal to shut it down immediately.
Sorry this is a little jumbled, Mr. Lobe is telling me this over the phone and I'm trying to condense it. Also, the laws are different here apparently. If he knew how the lease read and what, specifically, the laws state there he could give us a better answer to all this.
Oh, he also said and I never thought about this, that "stealing" electricity in and of itself is a felony in most jurisdictions.

Not so simple in Ca. Squatters and unlawful residences are extremely hard to evict in the state. Had to do it too many times.

A talking legal head explained that LE can not do anything -- it is private property .

Quote from CARIIS on last thread re: the police in the building in October^^

Hubby (building inspector) and I are discussing this, and we just aren't understanding the laws there. Here the police would have called the building inspection department and the fire marshal, according to him, and the place would have been condemned.
Just not understanding how this happened. So, so sad.

From what I have learned is I think we are gonna be blown away at how much this is going on in that area.

I think they just feel like its out of control and the code folks do not seem to have any power.

just mo

I wish I can find the actual reports - they are on line somewhere a reporter had them in his hand

Unfortunately I've dealt with evictions in CA more than I care to recall. Even unlawful residences are extremely difficult to get thru courts in a timely manner. The state tends to side with the people living someplace. Here - where there was no real access to the city- it was really in the owner to do something. Law enforcement should have been dealing with her- levying fines etc. She would have to be the one to deal with the residents thru court.

Unfortunately I've dealt with evictions in CA more than I care to recall. Even unlawful residences are extremely difficult to get thru courts in a timely manner. The state tends to side with the people living someplace. Here - where there was no real access to the city- it was really in the owner to do something. Law enforcement should have been dealing with her- levying fines etc. She would have to be the one to deal with the residents thru court.

People (posted last thread) said they fined the owner.

Mr. Lobe said that's hard to answer. It depends on the municipality's penalties. Where does a misdemeanor end and a felony begin? Citations would have been issued first and the owner of the property would be taken to court. Building Inspectors are officers of the court, and can testify in these matters. Failure to comply would lead to additional citations, shutting off of the utilities, contempt of court and possibly jail time, and the building would go through the condemnation process.
Because the building was being illegally (not as a warehouse) and it was a public safety matter, it would have been reason enough for the fire marshal to shut it down immediately.
Sorry this is a little jumbled, Mr. Lobe is telling me this over the phone and I'm trying to condense it. Also, the laws are different here apparently. If he knew how the lease read and what, specifically, the laws state there he could give us a better answer to all this.

TOh, he also said and I never thought about this, that "stealing" electricity in and of itself is a felony in most jurisdictions.

There energy company

http://www.pge.com/myhome/addservices/moreservices/energytheft/

gitana1

Gitana1,
You, your brother and your whole family are in my thoughts at this time. Your Websleuths family sends you strength, prayers and hugs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My local news says a man from Pittsburgh is missing from the fire. He was a lawyer now in the Bay area.

Are Ion and his wife legally married? She doesn't use his name?
What do we really know about Ion?
Does he have any criminal records?
I heard he was on probation, what for?

Derick Almena does have a criminal record.

Operator of Ill-Fated Warehouse Conversion Has Criminal History: Records
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...ion-is-Convicted-Felon-Records-404711665.html

Derick Ion Almena, 46, who friends knew as Derick Ion, was convicted in January of receiving stolen property, specifically an Airstream trailer from his landlord in January 2015, court records show. He spent two days in jail then, plead no contest to a misdemeanor, and is currently on probation until 2019.

I would be interested in his background.

Prayers for you, Gitana1, your brother and all who love Jennifer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆