Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the question
Who benefits the most from the way things went down?

I just dont know the answer :)

It's misleading. "Things" did not "go down" the way the people who planned this anticipated. They were expecting a much quieter affair, with some local scrutiny, sure, but not national and now international coverage. That changed the dynamic considerably, and forced them to rethink and in my opinion ultimately change their plans.

Sending prayers (I'm on phone and can't reply to TexMex)

Uh oh I think I got in trouble :( I'm sorry if I broke TOS, can someone steer me to when I should have not said anything? I have missed some of the threads so not sure. So sorry sorry :(

Apparently they are regarding sleuthing the google+ thing as sleuthing CG's wife, which isn't allowed.

Wish I had known before I spent my time analyzing it...

---

Aside: does anyone have a link to some wedding service reviews Sherri wrote? I wanted to reread them, but didn't save a link when I came across them a few days ago. This is not on the blog, it's separate.

Okay.

But if this happened to a 700lb Sahm; Then nobody wouldn't mention trafficking.

I just think that trafficking is still a little farfetched for SP case.

So if she (a kidnapped victim) was the opposite looking of SP. Then what over possible scenarios are there?

To me, it is really hard to ignore the things that happened to her. They are the tell tale signs of trafficked hostages. The branding, the beatings, being chained up at first to be broken down into forced submission. I can't think of any other scenarios, besides a crazy serial killer, that would do all that.

I can totally see your view on this but wanted to point out the last part I bolded. It wouldn't be up to them to "cut their losses" if they were working in trafficking specifically for a "pimp" or boss. They would take all their orders from their "boss", and because their place in the trafficking ring would be as a middle-man of sorts, it wouldn't be up to them. Their kingpin would instruct them to dispose of her and they would have to comply, or they would also be disposed of. But perhaps, their boss told them to dispose and they decided "Ooops, somehow she got free" and decided to let her go.. Maybe the holidays, some kind of twinge on their heartstrings with SP being a mom herself and an innocent victim, maybe they decided to let her go despite their bosses wishes and decided they would suffer the consequences. Typically though a boss would rather them bury a body then voluntarily let someone go who could identify anything about who they are. And typically women who are that high up in the chain of these things would comply and not question anything so they dont risk being killed themselves. JMO JMO. We just don't know yet.....

True. They may be dead and buried now for all we know...sad but true.

To me, it is really hard to ignore the things that happened to her. They are the tell tale signs of trafficked hostages. The branding, the beatings, being chained up at first to be broken down into forced submission. I can't think of any other scenarios, besides a crazy serial killer, that would do all that.

Agree. But the men usually do the beating up part on sex trafficking victims. While these women seemed to have taken a more taunting position.

I'm thinking a possible payback scenario here. But the main perp probably hired the women to do this. Idk

It did occur to me that someone should BOLO for the bodies of 2 Hispanic females....

BOLO for the bodies of two Hispanic females in California? Hmmmm..... But fortunately we can narrow it down a bit more. One was older than the other. One had curly hair, the other didn't. And apparently one had thick eyebrows. Should be easy to spot. /s

Agree. But the men usually do the beating up part on sex trafficking victims. While these women seemed to have taken a more taunting position.

I'm thinking a possible payback scenario here. But the main perp probably hired the women to do this. Idk

Right. And we don't even know if the women were the ones that beat and branded her. Maybe they handed her off to a man or some men, who did all that. Then they gave her back because of the publicity factor. ?

Right. And we don't even know if the women were the ones that beat and branded her. Maybe they handed her off to a man or some men, who did all that. Then they gave her back because of the publicity factor. ?

But no men involvement has been mentioned by LE as of yet. Just 2 women with a gun.

We don't even know if the gun was a automatic or revolver.

But I still would think that the police would mention males if any males were involved.

Especially to boaster the abduction case. Jmo

It's not like they abandoned the dogs. People were there to walk them, and presumedly remove them from the property.

I don't think I'd ever go back there again, either, except to gather some possessions.

Yeah. I don't know why the title of the article is so misleading. I guess that's pretty typical though. No way would I go back to that same neighborhood with the abductors still on the loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the 2 women were high up, experienced, cold blooded killer types, We don't even know if they were the ones that beat up and branded her.

A lot of trafficked girls end up growing up to 'work' in the organization. Most have no place else to go and are brainwashed.

Imagine a scenario where the 2 of them are sent on an illegal errand to Redding. They maybe dropped off some female merchandise to another trafficker. They maybe snorted some meth, smoked a blunt and are driving back to Sacto. They are talking about how much money their boss just made selling those girls they delivered. Thinking that they should start doing their own deals and make bigger money.

So high on meth, and feeling bold, they drive past a petite, blonde, all alone on an empty road. They already have a gun and chains with them because they just dropped off a few women that morning. It was the perfect time to set their new plan into action. So they did.

If you start with this scenario, then many of the reasons people don't think it was trafficking can be explained. JMO

Being inexperienced, they would make the mistake of abducting a woman with a husband and extended family that would fight hard to find her and create publicity. that was a big mistake on their part.

Then they had to deal with the situation when their boss did not want to 'buy' the merchandise. Perhaps he told them to wait and see if it died down and they could move her around then. When it didn't, they may have tried to shop her around to other buyers. That would take time.

She may have been left with one or two of them hence the injuries and branding. But they may have been too nervous about the publicity.

I am not surprised they did not kill her. These 2 women may not have been hard core, killer types. Maybe they just wanted to cut their losses. It will be a lot less jail time for them now than if they had killed and buried her first. jmo

Agree. This could very well be possible. Lack of experience would explain them picking up a 34 year old jogger. It doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do.

But no men involvement has been mentioned by LE as of yet. Just 2 women with a gun.

We don't even know if the gun was a automatic or revolver.

But I still would think that the police would mention males if any males were involved.

Especially to boaster the abduction case. Jmo

LE never said no men were involved. They just said two women were the kidnappers. That's it.

I can. I think that it's possible because that's what happened.

But doesn't mean they weren't capable of murder. They kept her alive for a reason. I feel like this was a very personal attack.

A few random observations:

1 - I cannot believe this was sex trafficking. Gangs are not stupid. They go after a certain type of female: young, isolated, alone. Girls - sadly - about whom few people care. Gangs do not abduct 34 year old housewives with kids that are active in the community. This is a volume business, and 34 year old housewives will only cause major problems for the gang, and they know it. The idea that a rich, Mexican CEO requested a 34 year old blonde American as his sex slave might work for a cheesy romance novel, but please, this is just not realistic.

2 - Why are these alleged Hispanic women trolling for women on rural backstreets in Redding? It doesn't make any sense, unless she was targeted for some time, and conveniently snatched while out on a jog. But if this were planned in advance, why snatch her? I think she doesn't work, or works only part time. Her husband works for Best Buy. My guess is they are not sitting on piles of cash, probably living paycheck to paycheck, like the vast majority of Americans. So kidnapping for cash also seems farfetched.

3 - Revenge for a previous slight? You don't hold someone for 22 days to extract revenge. And what could this couple have done to warrant this type of revenge? He's on the Geek Squad at Best Buy, did he forget to format a disk, or improperly install a laser printer? Please...

4 - How is it possible that two Hispanic women could snatch her without revealing their faces to her? Did they pull up in a "dark SUV" with their masks on? Why wouldn't they take the phone, quickly disabling it? Or at least take the ear buds. Do criminals typically leave these items behind?

5 - When we look at "who benefits?" from this, we must assume whoever planned this had no idea it would become such a high profile case. CG has clearly benefited, he now has more customers for his business. But at the same time, he has been labelled "shady" by the national press. But my guess is that he had no idea when this began that people would scrutinize his life in so much detail. My guess is he was expecting a bit of publicity, get his name out there, and leverage that for business. Which has happened, but he's starting to lose control of the process, something he surely didn't anticipate in the beginning. And my guess is that there are others who now feel this has gotten out of control, and are looking to cut their losses.

Hi, FIrst post here but have been following as much as I can keep up with. Forgive me if this post is not allowed and please delete but please don't ban me ��

Watching this snip of the 20/20 interview it very much sounds like KP first says SP had a 'MILF' and then very quickly corrected himself and said 'chain....correct'. I know what MILF means but have no idea why he would mistakenly say that unless he was told not to say that but memory made him accidentally say it. Maybe she had on a shirt with that reference? Whether that is also somehow part of the message? Or maybe I am completely wrong in thinking that is what he actually said. Sure sounded like it though....

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...e/news-story/50875375ded0b19e3450250483219f7d

Ok Everyone,

The thread is shutting down for the night. Our moderators need their sleep too.

Will open us in the morning.

Thank you for your participation.

Tricia

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I had seen a poster or two mention that the perps had their faces covered with bandanas, not masks. Is that fact or fiction, and can we get a link?

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I had seen a poster or two mention that the perps had their faces covered with bandanas, not masks. Is that fact or fiction, and can we get a link?

I only know of faces covered, not what covered them JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member