Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
"3 - Revenge for a previous slight? You don't hold someone for 22 days to extract revenge. And what could this couple have done to warrant this type of revenge? He's on the Geek Squad at Best Buy, did he forget to format a disk, or improperly install a laser printer? Please..."

Either that or angry seamstresses....

Sorry but I needed a chuckle.

On TV, if someone disappears the first thing the cops ask their friends and family is "Did she have any enemies?" Well, did she? Did she have any enemies? Anyone who could have been harbouring a grudge against her? We just don't know.

To me, it is really hard to ignore the things that happened to her. They are the tell tale signs of trafficked hostages. The branding, the beatings, being chained up at first to be broken down into forced submission. I can't think of any other scenarios, besides a crazy serial killer, that would do all that.

These things happen most often in *advertiser censored* movies, rather than in real life. I think it's a possibility the captors were using her to act out some kind of sexual fantasies of their own, like Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolko. In this case the lovers are female and have fantasies about blond white women being sex-trafficked. But they couldn't bring themselves to kill her, or thought better of it when they saw all the publicity.

I would really like to know if KP engaged CG weeks later as was stated in 20/20. If true, that would really seem to show CG pressing hard to attach himself to this with the 11/6 ransom offer to the TV station done without KP's knowledge. It sounds like then later on CG may have used flattery on LJ in order to then try another way to attach himself by then using her to get direct access to KP where it then became official on 11/17 that with KP's support that the ransom offer published. It seems very strange that if KP was supporting this on or before 11/6 that the initial offer wouldn't have been published way back then stating his support and that if someone is so interested in ransoming that they would have stayed silent for 11 days until KP vouched for CG.

Did someone post two or three threads ago a screenshot of the 11/6 letter that the TV station elected not to use? I think so, but I can't find it. I really would like to see that letter again. Could someone re-post it?

Note, again, that CG has said that the anonymous donor registered the URL sherripapini.com, which WHOIS says was registered on 11/7. I *think*, but am not sure I remember correctly, that CG has also said that the a.d. more or less designated him, CG, as the point person for funneling the cash to the bad guys. To address one of SpanishInquisition's points, it is possible that in addition to any flattery of LJ, etc., CG sold himself to KP as the official designee of the donor.

All that said, I am not convinced there was a donor or a pile of cash.

"3 - Revenge for a previous slight? You don't hold someone for 22 days to extract revenge. And what could this couple have done to warrant this type of revenge? He's on the Geek Squad at Best Buy, did he forget to format a disk, or improperly install a laser printer? Please..."

Either that or angry seamstresses....

Sorry but I needed a chuckle.

Exactly, that's fantasy. Did you see the CG video where the pretty blonde bumps into the random weirdo and snootily tells him to "Watch it!", and he retaliates by kidnapping her and holding her hostage in his basement... Well, one random weirdo with a crazy fixation might do that, but the chances of two getting together and both agreeing that it's a good idea to kidnap someone and torture them for three weeks seems slight. There would have be be a pretty hefty motive, imo.

"During the entire ordeal, Sherri saw only two women, ABC’s Gutman said Keith told him. "

But did she *encounter* anyone else but not see them?

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-missing-husband-keith-abc-news-interview/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. And I believe the sheriff stated in the very beginning, that there were other times HER face was covered. If I'm not mistaken we had heard that in one of the first interviews after she was found. I also recall in that same interview, a reporter asking if anybody else was involved during her disappearance, and the sheriff saying he wasn't going to comment on that. Then he mentioned the sensitive information that was not going to be released to the public. This has always been in the back of my mind.

I'm curious, what do her reviews of her wedding vendors have to do with her abduction? What is the relevance of posting them? I read through them and they seem like typical reviews to me. Are we thinking a random unnamed florist at Michael's or the David's Bridal employee or the cake makers didn't appreciate the bad review so they came back 7 years later to kidnap and torture Sherri for it? (FWIW, I also got my dress at David's Bridal and I would have left a similar review).

The reviews offer an insightful look at her interpersonal skills, the way she relates and communicates with people. Those are important details that can hint at her potential for creating enemies, and the impressions she can leave others with. If there is a pattern of treating people in a subservient manner, for instance ... it could be a possible motive. Being that this looks like a revenge situation (to me), I would be looking closely at all of her online interactions, as well as speaking with people who have known her for years to determine her risk of developing enemies, woven throughout her lifetime. Since this happened in the town she grew up in, I would consider that it may have been someone she had run-ins with somewhere along the line.

These things happen most often in *advertiser censored* movies, rather than in real life. I think it's a possibility the captors were using her to act out some kind of sexual fantasies of their own, like Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolko. In this case the lovers are female and have fantasies about blond white women being sex-trafficked. But they couldn't bring themselves to kill her, or thought better of it when they saw all the publicity.

I wondered if it might be a snuff film type scenario.

Did someone post two or three threads ago a screenshot of the 11/6 letter that the TV station elected not to use? I think so, but I can't find it. I really would like to see that letter again. Could someone re-post it?

Note, again, that CG has said that the anonymous donor registered the URL sherripapini.com, which WHOIS says was registered on 11/7. I *think*, but am not sure I remember correctly, that CG has also said that the a.d. more or less designated him, CG, as the point person for funneling the cash to the bad guys. To address one of SpanishInquisition's points, it is possible that in addition to any flattery of LJ, etc., CG sold himself to KP as the official designee of the donor.

I saved both letters that were published I'm not sure which is which so I'll upload them both

letter1.jpgletter2.jpg

Possible... Did you know that the "woman in the box" was kidnapped near Redding? A couple (man and woman) kidnapped her and kept her as a sex slave in a box under the bed for years... Now that is the stuff of nightmares :( :( :( :(
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Colleen_Stan

There was a case in England recently where two teenage girls kidnapped a female toddler from a shopping centre, and their Internet searches implied that the motive was sexual.

There was also a case where two women held a man captive and tortured him for sexual gratification.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/45238986/...o-women-arrested-satanic-sex-ritual-stabbing/

I can think of several other cases where a women acting alone has kidnapped a female child to sexually abuse them.

Has LE ever said that they believe, based upon interviewing SP, that she was taken near the mailboxes at Sunrise and Old OregonTrail? Or is that assumed, because that is where her phone was? If I am recalling correctly, the person who saw SP jogging in the pink and grey outfit that day said it was around 9 am. That seems early to collect the mail, unless, she was getting the mail from the day before. JMO

Based on the very, very limited information available to the public regarding this case, I have two (admittedly) speculative theories about what happened:

1 - The abduction was part of a gang initiation. The plan was to snatch a white female, hold her for 4-5 days, brutalize her, and then release her. SP was specifically chosen because one of the gang members knew her, perhaps perceived her as anti-Hispanic. They may have known each other in school, perhaps it was a mother daughter team where the mother knew SP from school many years back, the daughter was being initiated into the gang. Or, perhaps in light of the recent election, SP made what they perceived to be anti-Hispanic or anti-Mexican statements on social media, and hence the gang chose her as their target. Perhaps some combination of these factors.

However, the gang's initial plan had to change when this case quickly generated a significant amount of attention from authorities. They panicked. Now they had to come up with a "Plan B" on what to do with her. They had always planned to release her, but now they probably weren't so sure. Did she see anything? Could the authorities identify anyone within the gang based on SP's testimony? Had they really covered their tracks? And so an internal debate ensued over whether to release her as planned, or kill her. In the end, after a lot of internal discussion that went to the highest levels within the organization, the decision was made to release her. Perhaps accompanied with credible threats that any attempts to work closely with the authorities would result in serious consequences for her family. She was told what to say, and anything beyond that would would be a red line she should not cross, or else...

This explains the seemingly randomness of the crime, why she, specifically, was selected, and why she was kept for so long, at great risk to the gang, for so little benefit. And why her statements to date - at least those given to the press - have been so vague.

In summary, a gang initiation ritual gone wrong.

2 - I cannot discuss my second theory, as it is a clear and blatant violation of this site's current TOS regarding the case. :)

Well, l find it very interesting because so far we have heard virtually nothing about SP's personality and life outside the "Stepford Wife" alter ego. We haven't heard her voice at all. If we are looking for motive, it's very relevant to see what her interests are, if/where she worked, what circles she ran in, how she treated people, if she had any enemies and so on. Wedding reviews from years ago obviously aren't particularly pertinent, but they do allow us to hear SP's own voice, at least.

I see your point, but I hardly think a written review shows her "voice" or how she treats people in her daily life. She wrote glowing reviews of her harpist and photographers so those balance out with the bad reviews of the other vendors and show that she wasn't some impossible-to-please bridezilla who hated everything anyone tried to do for her.

If we are going to analyze these reviews, however, to try to discern how she treated people, how about the idea that the Harpist and Photographers were more personal services and possibly people she knew and would see again in her day to day life (unlike a random person she ordered flowers from at Michael's and never saw again and a seamstress/saleslady at David's she would not have to deal with again). Strangely, the good reviews were also the only reviews she signs "Mr and Mrs. Papini"--perhaps indicating she knew them and knew they would read her good reviews. IMO, the good reviews show she was generally friendly to people that treated her well just like most people are--it is easier to negatively review a service when the people are rude or are not someone you will have to deal with again or if they really mess up--I would be peeved too if my expensive wedding cake arrived with a huge crack in it. It's hard to neg review someone you know and worked closely with and the good reviews may show she really did love the work they did or it could mean she knew them and would see them again and wanted to increase their business because they were her friends. I'm just not sure we can say these reviews say anything about how she treats her friends, co-workers, or the people at daycare or the mailman, or random store clerks, on a day-to-day basis. JMO.

This was the original version of the ransom offer letter, which note in this one there is no specific dollar amount and as recently as 11/1 when LJ was interviewed about she said that it was in the high six figures:
https://kobi5.com/news/regional-news/50000-ransom-offered-for-missing-n-california-woman-40414/
I doubt there was an anonymous donor out there who immediately out of the blue had high six figures in cash just ready to be delivered and had made these cash arrangements with CG by 11/6 when this had only happened a few days after the evening of 11/2. Given CG's immediate ransom involvement without apparently KP's knowledge or consent and CG then finagling his way into getting KP to vouch for him makes it look like CG knew exactly what was going on, had no rush to get ransom offer publicized and then knew he'd never have to pay out...especially with how on top of everything we know CG was out of town most of the time when an abductor could have called an accepted the offer.

Here's another absolutely horrific case where a 20 year old woman was kidnapped, branded and held against her will in an RV- by a man and woman (Aldair Hodza and Laura Sorensen) rather than two women this time, and she wasn't released by her captors, rather a passing trucker spotted her in the vehicle and called 911:

(WARNING: GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION):

The couple not only used hot keys to brand their victim, but also scissors that were heated over the RV’s stove. They extinguished cigarettes on her body, drove nails into her feet and poured bleach on her wounds. Additionally, they forced the young woman to have sex with men who answered online ads.

The couple held the 20-year-old hostage for 18 days. They even dragged her along a gravel path by a dog leash and kept the victim in a dog cage at times.

At one point Hodza slit a dog’s throat in the RV and threatened his victim with cutting out her organs slowly if she failed to stay put.

http://freedomoutpost.com/couple-wh...8-year-old-get-sentenced-but-it-aint-justice/

The responding police officer noticed the victim was displaying signs of fright and malnourishment. She was taken outside and questioned and it was there that she begged authorities not to let her go back in the RV and said she was being held against her will by Sorenson and Hodza.

The victim also told authorities she was being sexually and physically abused, had infections all over her body, and could not remember the last time she had eaten or drank anything, according to court records.

https://www.google.com/amp/wtkr.com...-truck-stop/amp/?client=ms-android-sonymobile

The victim was immediately transported to the hospital where she remained in the burn unit for more than a week. Seven months after being rescued, the victim is still being treated for her injuries.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edva/p...ing-sex-trafficking-and-torturing-young-woman

With all of the questions that we have regarding sex trafficking, I have figured out who it is that we need to participate in this discussion. We need a verified insider who has been a sex trafficker. Not someone who works with people who are rescued, and not someone who was traffic.ked.

We need to hear from someone on the other side of it, someone who was involved in the buying and selling . I would like to hear their opinion.

Has LE ever said that they believe, based upon interviewing SP, that she was taken near the mailboxes at Sunrise and Old OregonTrail? Or is that assumed, because that is where her phone was? If I am recalling correctly, the person who saw SP jogging in the pink and grey outfit that day said it was around 9 am. That seems early to collect the mail, unless, she was getting the mail from the day before. JMO

KP said this in the 20/20 interview. He said it was her routine to jog a 2 mile trail that lead close to the mailboxes and back. He didn't necessarily say she jogged it to retrieve the mail.

This was the original version of the ransom offer letter, which note in this one there is no specific dollar amount and as recently as 11/1 when LJ was interviewed about she said that it was in the high six figures:
https://kobi5.com/news/regional-news/50000-ransom-offered-for-missing-n-california-woman-40414/
I doubt there was an anonymous donor out there who immediately out of the blue had high six figures in cash just ready to be delivered and had made these cash arrangements with CG by 11/6 when this had only happened a few days after the evening of 11/2. Given CG's immediate ransom involvement without apparently KP's knowledge or consent and CG then finagling his way into getting KP to vouch for him makes it look like CG knew exactly what was going on, had no rush to get ransom offer publicized and then knew he'd never have to pay out...especially with how on top of everything we know CG was out of town most of the time when an abductor could have called an accepted the offer.

Thank you for providing that letter again. For a variety of reasons, I think we know who wrote it. Two of my reasons: [a] the bloviating certainty that the "negotiator" has done truly amazing things all over the world (aside: even though no one can ever name them), and the oppositional, suspicious, and superior attitude toward law enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member