Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
These things happen most often in *advertiser censored* movies, rather than in real life. I think it's a possibility the captors were using her to act out some kind of sexual fantasies of their own, like Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolko. In this case the lovers are female and have fantasies about blond white women being sex-trafficked. But they couldn't bring themselves to kill her, or thought better of it when they saw all the publicity.

Not according to the FBI. It's quite common in human sex trafficing.

Injuries from beatings or weapons
Signs of torture (e.g., cigarette burns)
Brands or scarring, indicating ownership
Signs of malnourishmen

https://leb.fbi.gov/2011/march/human-sex-trafficking

Thank you for providing that letter again. For a variety of reasons, I think we know who wrote it. Two of my reasons: [a] the bloviating certainty that the "negotiator" has done truly amazing things all over the world (aside: even though no one can ever name them), and the oppositional, suspicious, and superior attitude toward law enforcement.

Bloviating - awesome word use!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saved both letters that were published I'm not sure which is which so I'll upload them both

There was some speculation in an earlier thread that the AD was British. Does anyone know where that idea came from? I only bring it up because I feel fairly confident that those letters were written by an American.

KP said this in the 20/20 interview. He said it was her routine to jog a 2 mile trail that lead close to the mailboxes and back. He didn't necessarily say she jogged it to retrieve the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! But that doesn't CONFIRM that she was actually taken from there. It only confirms that her phone was there at some point. LE is quiet. Maybe they know if that was the abduction spot. But, I don't. JMO

Regarding someone having piles of cashing sitting around their safe, first CG described this person from being out of town so they would have had to of flown into town with piles of cash and also if they intended to have lose ready cash on hand, CG says afterward they deposited the money in the bank so they apparently don't have an interest in keeping ready cash on hand in their safe:
"Gamble said the benefactor returned the ransom money to the bank but still wants to help the family."

."
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article117588963.html#storylink=cpy
This is someone who kidnapped a girl with the intent of later appearing the hero, but he accidentally killed her:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/30/justice/maine-abduction-murder-indictment/
There's a whole issue within arson with what's known as firefighter arsonists, who engage in arson in order to appear a hero, increase business, etc:
https://books.google.com/books?id=G...Hg#v=onepage&q=firefighter arson hero&f=false
I would really like to know if KP engaged CG weeks later as was stated in 20/20. If true, that would really seem to show CG pressing hard to attach himself to this with the 11/6 ransom offer to the TV station done without KP's knowledge. It sounds like then later on CG may have used flattery on LJ in order to then try another way to attach himself by then using her to get direct access to KP where it then became official on 11/17 that with KP's support that the ransom offer published. It seems very strange that if KP was supporting this on or before 11/6 that the initial offer wouldn't have been published way back then stating his support and that if someone is so interested in ransoming that they would have stayed silent for 11 days until KP vouched for CG.

Sounds kind of like a shell game, doesn't it?

JMO

I'm curious, what do her reviews of her wedding vendors have to do with her abduction? What is the relevance of posting them? I read through them and they seem like typical reviews to me. Are we thinking a random unnamed florist at Michael's or the David's Bridal employee or the cake makers didn't appreciate the bad review so they came back 7 years later to kidnap and torture Sherri for it? (FWIW, I also got my dress at David's Bridal and I would have left a similar review).

The relevance is that they were written by the person who was abducted.

Do I need anything beyond that? This is a discussion board. Even if I don't see a connection, others might.

It does provide some background. It shows she is outspoken, and that can go toward motive.

Frankly, a 'hater' is as good a reason as any at this point. How do you know that this wasn't done by somebody who blames Sherri for ruining their life by shutting down their business with a bad review?

My reason for seeking this out, though, was that I want to see as many examples of Sherri's writing as possible, so I can compare them against things she might have written.

Has LE ever said that they believe, based upon interviewing SP, that she was taken near the mailboxes at Sunrise and Old OregonTrail? Or is that assumed, because that is where her phone was? If I am recalling correctly, the person who saw SP jogging in the pink and grey outfit that day said it was around 9 am. That seems early to collect the mail, unless, she was getting the mail from the day before. JMO

I recall an interview with the Sheriff where the reporter asked if he believed she was abducted from the place her phone was found and the Sheriff said "yes". I'll see if I can find the link to the video.

So.... I just skipped over 4 threads - and still nothing about the kidnappers I take it. Just still theories going on here?

TIA! :wave:

Possible... Did you know that the "woman in the box" was kidnapped near Redding? A couple (man and woman) kidnapped her and kept her as a sex slave in a box under the bed for years... Now that is the stuff of nightmares :( :( :( :(
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Colleen_Stan

There was a case in England recently where two teenage girls kidnapped a female toddler from a shopping centre, and their Internet searches implied that the motive was sexual.

There was also a case where two women held a man captive and tortured him for sexual gratification.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/45238986/...o-women-arrested-satanic-sex-ritual-stabbing/

I can think of several other cases where a women acting alone has kidnapped a female child to sexually abuse them.

Yes, I remember the girl in a box case. Colleen Stan. Read a book about it back in the 80's (right after it happened), but don't remember the exact title and can't find that one online now.
I remember how so many people doubted her. And still do to this day. This young woman suffered horrendous horror and abuse for 7 long years.

The relevance is that they were written by the person who was abducted.

Do I need anything beyond that? This is a discussion board. Even if I don't see a connection, others might.

It does provide some background. It shows she is outspoken, and that can go toward motive.

Frankly, a 'hater' is as good a reason as any at this point. How do you know that this wasn't done by somebody who blames Sherri for ruining their life by shutting down their business with a bad review?

My reason for seeking this out, though, was that I want to see as many examples of Sherri's writing as possible, so I can compare them against things she might have written.

Okay. Thanks for answering!

It's amusing in a way, that several threads ago I posted about certain people throwing up smokescreens, not wanting certain questions to be asked, protesting "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"

Could CG be the Wizard of Oz?

Thank you for providing that letter again. For a variety of reasons, I think we know who wrote it. Two of my reasons: [a] the bloviating certainty that the "negotiator" has done truly amazing things all over the world (aside: even though no one can ever name them), and the oppositional, suspicious, and superior attitude toward law enforcement.

Also with this post-release response from the alleged ransom funder who is acting as CG's spokesperson, it seems like CG is trying to use real or imagined 3rd parties to vouch for him (like KP and the donor), which in the case of the alleged ransom funder it really sounds like CG doing a disguised pitch for himself:
“These people are also felons, drug addicts and people with warrants out for their arrest that aren’t going to go to the police with the hopes of getting reward money,” the donor wrote. “Offering these people CASH without them having to reveal their identity is attractive.”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-the-center-of-sherri-papini-s-abduction.html

He didn't say, "MILF." He said, "METAL."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of all of the strange misconceptions in this case, this one's the strangest. Doesn't sound in the least but like MILF to me. Not even a little bit. But I do understand people hear different things.

I think we have so little to go on that we are grasping because Sleuthing is what we do. We have truly been left out of the loop on this one by LE (and rightly so) and are being told things that may be purposefully tainted by the victims (again rightly so, in order to protect their lives possibly). I think unless the perps are caught, and we find out who hired them, and then THEY are neutralized, well I think we will just be going off the rails on a crazy train, iykwim. Jmo, moo.

Because she's OK, thank God, I'm just dying to know the whole enchilada.
Arghhhhh.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm back to entertaining the idea that maybe this was because of some perceived wrong that KP did. So they have the person he loves taken and abused.....? And he doesn't know who did this to her, but he may suspect why? Just thinking, not accusing.......JMO

I recall an interview with the Sheriff where the reporter asked if he believed she was abducted from the place her phone was found and the Sheriff said "yes". I'll see if I can find the link to the video.

This is not the video I was looking for but at the start of this video the reporter is standing where her phone was found and says "detectives think that SP was kidnapped right here..." http://www.today.com/video/cops-hun...ia-mom-sherri-papini-s-abductors-818876483801

I'll keep looking for the interview, as obviously it's better to have it come from the mouth of the sheriff than a reporter.

Posts have been removed.

If you can't link info in accordance with TOS / The Rules, you can't discuss it here.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I had seen a poster or two mention that the perps had their faces covered with bandanas, not masks. Is that fact or fiction, and can we get a link?

That is speculation. But it is based upon what some know about Mexican Mafia gang members. They often wear bandanas during armed robberies and drive bys. And it would explain why SP only saw their eyes and brows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆