Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding someone having piles of cashing sitting around their safe, first CG described this person from being out of town so they would have had to of flown into town with piles of cash and also if they intended to have lose ready cash on hand, CG says afterward they deposited the money in the bank so they apparently don't have an interest in keeping ready cash on hand in their safe:
"Gamble said the benefactor returned the ransom money to the bank but still wants to help the family."
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article117588963.html#storylink=cpy
This is someone who kidnapped a girl with the intent of later appearing the hero, but he accidentally killed her:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/30/justice/maine-abduction-murder-indictment/
There's a whole issue within arson with what's known as firefighter arsonists, who engage in arson in order to appear a hero, increase business, etc:
https://books.google.com/books?id=G...Hg#v=onepage&q=firefighter arson hero&f=false
I would really like to know if KP engaged CG weeks later as was stated in 20/20. If true, that would really seem to show CG pressing hard to attach himself to this with the 11/6 ransom offer to the TV station done without KP's knowledge. It sounds like then later on CG may have used flattery on LJ in order to then try another way to attach himself by then using her to get direct access to KP where it then became official on 11/17 that with KP's support that the ransom offer published. It seems very strange that if KP was supporting this on or before 11/6 that the initial offer wouldn't have been published way back then stating his support and that if someone is so interested in ransoming that they would have stayed silent for 11 days until KP vouched for CG.
What makes this whole CG involvement complicated for me is that, if we believe what was stated, this anonymous donor apparently went out and found the existence of CG and in short order was able to have high confidence in CG's abilities and would be someone they could trust with large sums of cash (more money than someone could spend after all) and not trip over the foreclosure in AL or the bankruptcy in CA in CG's recent past. Stuff happens and people do end up in that mess but sometimes you do have folks that are simply not people you would entrust with money.

I've heard no compelling reason for Sherri being the target, either. JMO

Female. Petite. Attractive. Alone. Hmm. Seems like she has a few things in common with other people who've been abducted. ;)

Been trying to figure out if this is new, or what. The article claims:
“We are keeping an open mind and looking at all avenues,” Bosenko said.

On November 10, Sheriff Bosenko said,
"We are keeping open minds to this and we're looking at all avenues." (source 6:10)

Are they seriously dredging up a quote from November 10, the day before LE announced Keith had been ruled out?

I agree that it looks like nothing but clickbait.

The headline is definitely an attention grabber. That's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There indeed do seem to be some rare instances where girls are kidnapped off the streets and forced into slavery. Still, the notion of kidnappers seeking out random victims in Redding seems unlikely, not just for the location, but also the idea that an attractive white woman being kidnapped from the affluent area of Redding wouldn't be national news.

But what also bugs me about this "kidnapped into sex trafficking" theory is this:

Kidnappers cover their faces only to keep their victim from identifying them upon release. If they're planning to sell someone into slavery, or kill them, there is no reason for them to conceal their identity.

Of course, you can't reason with crazy, which whatever happened is surely full of. So, anything is possible. But, again, Occam's Razor.

Female. Petite. Attractive. Alone. Hmm. Seems like she has a few things in common with other people who've been abducted. ;)

True. But not a COMPELLING reason. JMO

It's possible the place where Sherri was grabbed wasn't the original area they planned to grab their victim. Maybe they just happened to be in that area at the wrong time, saw an opportunity then took it.

Maybe they originally planned to hang out in a mall parking lot etc- to find a young petite blonde.

I wasn't implying that she wouldn't have known she was changing hands. My point was that the women could have only been involved in the abduction and release, not the full 22 days of captivity. If she had been sold to a trafficker, he may not have been concerned with hiding his face and for all we know, LE may be familiar with who he is at this point (just waiting to make a move). If she were drugged (also common with victims), she could be lacking the clarity to make IDs of the women, but they may have still concealed themselves during the release. All JMO

Even w/a bag over her head, I think she could tell the difference in the two original kidnappers and when she changed hands to another person who abused her, and then went back to the original kidnappers. Not meaning to sound snarky but there'd have to be a difference that you'd notice. A handing off of the property, so to speak. One would have a hard time not noticing that you'd changed hands.

Agree. But, attach is after the fact. Right out of Central Casting would be choreography. ??? JMO

Not if you arranged the abduction and then immediately afterward you offered the ransom. It's a bit like firefighter arsonists who start fires so they can show up and be heroes, get career advancement, etc. It's highly convenient that immediately after she goes missing, CG was there with his anonymous donor who has piles of cash ready to go but had to work to get his involvement accepted until he got to the point of KP vouching for him instead him.

It's possible the place where Sherri was grabbed wasn't the original area they planned to grab their victim. Maybe they just happened to be in that area at the wrong time, saw an opportunity then took it.

Maybe they originally planned to hang out in a mall parking lot etc- to find a young petite blonde.

The people who murdered the Petit family (husband survived) saw the wife and one of the daughters leaving a grocery store, followed them home. Came back later that night and did home invasion.

Not if you arranged the abduction and then immediately afterward you offered the ransom. It's a bit like firefighter arsonists who start fires so they can show up and be heroes, get career advancement, etc. It's highly convenient that immediately after she goes missing, CG was there with his anonymous donor who has piles of cash ready to go but had to work to get his involvement accepted until he got to the point of KP vouching for him instead him.

Agree. That's why I said choreographed. JMO

But there was no ransom demand and no negotiation. If CG set it up, he sure left out the most important parts.

Randon tip for Tapatalk users: If you don't necessarily want to announce that you are posting each message from your whatever phone using Tapatalk, go to the home screen and click on the icon that looks like a person. Under settings>signature, that option can be turned off.

The people who murdered the Petit family (husband survived) saw the wife and one of the daughters leaving a grocery store, followed them home. Came back later that night and did home invasion.

I remember that awful case. :(

Wouldn't LE have arrested CG by now if he was involved?

I keep hoping that LE already has enough to arrest someone but are trying to gather more evidence to arrest everyone involved.

Maybe just wishful thinking

California has the California Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board (CVCGB) which provides compensation to victims of violent crimes, first program of its kind when it started in 1965. Maximum limit for reimbursement is $63,000.

http://vcgcb.ca.gov/victims/faq/expenses.aspx#limits

What types of expenses may be eligible for reimbursement?

CalVCB may reimburse the following expenses if they are necessary due to a crime and if there are no other sources of reimbursement available such as health insurance, worker's compensation or other benefits. Caps or limits may apply.
Medical and medical-related expenses for the victim, including dental expenses.
Outpatient mental health treatment or counseling.
Funeral and burial expenses.
Wage or income loss up to five years following the date of the crime. If the victim is permanently disabled, wage or income loss may be extended.
Support loss for legal dependents of a deceased or injured victim.
Up to 30 days wage loss for the parent or legal guardian of a minor victim who is hospitalized or dies as a direct result of a crime.
Job retraining.
Medically necessary renovation or retrofitting of a home or vehicle for a person permanently disabled as a result of the crime.
Home security installation or improvements up to $1,000.
In-patient psychiatric hospitalization costs under dire or exceptional circumstances.
Relocation expenses up to $2,000 per household.
Crime scene cleanup up to $1,000 when a crime occurs in a residence or vehicle.
Veterinary fees, or replacement costs for a guide, signal or service dog. (GC § 13957(a)(10))
Roundtrip mileage reimbursement from your residence to medical, dental or mental health appointments.

Wouldn't LE have arrested CG by now if he was involved?

I'm not aware of any evidence that's been revealed publicly where they would have cause to charge him. Having a theory doesn't get you an indictment, let alone a conviction and significant time can transpire between a crime happening and an arrest, even if LE suspects immediately. LE for instance suspected Scott Peterson for months before they arrested him. I for instance have thought that LE could have directed 20/20 in some ways to ask CG certain questions and to film certain areas as all those statements and footage could be obtained without a search warrant or any signs of LE showing him they thought him to be suspect, like that's how we found out about the kidnapping simulators.

As an earlier poster (sorry can't credit, it was like 632 posts back) indicated: Why beat someone for that long and then stop? Perhaps for info.

To send a message?

You may have a point about darkness and clarity of the images, but we know they DID pull video from the church near where she was released. I don't think jurisdiction is going to prevent the Sheriff from having access to things like that. JMO.

No, jurisdiction wouldn't prevent access, but it sure might slow it down. We were initially talking about the sheriff interviewing SP and only showing her video from Shasta County and not the place of release. I don't think he would have necessarily had time to get that video so soon after her release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member