Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question if you can answer- how is Sherri handling all the bad press/negative trolls in social media? Has she been protected from seeing all the crap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have direct knowledge that she has seen the negative comments. I know Keith has; perhaps he has shared some of it, perhaps not.

I don't have direct knowledge that she has seen the negative comments. I know Keith has; perhaps he has shared some of it, perhaps not.

Do you suspect the motive for this? JMO

Thank you for the welcome. I will do my best to answer questions, but I do intend to not reveal information considered crucial to the investigation.

This is clarification on what seems to be public information, but wasn't exactly clear. When the Sheriff was shown on TV where the phone was found, was that right at the main intersection at the telephone pole? All along it's never been clear where precisely the phone was found, but it sounded like the Sheriff was willing to publicly reveal that now.

I agree!

Thank you. That clears up she wasn't working at the time she was taken but I don't think we should disregard that she DID work previously and it seems to have been a very good job from what I can tell. My point remains that we can't say for sure whether they were hurting financially simply because she was a SAHM.

There was some speculation in an earlier thread that the AD was British. Does anyone know where that idea came from? I only bring it up because I feel fairly confident that those letters were written by an American.

I read it too, before I read it here.It said the Anonymous Donor was English(It said English rather than British so searching the word "British" wouldn't bring up the original article)

BBM.
Interesting assumption about their finances prior to all this. I made the opposite assumption, JMO. We know SP worked as an Account Executive at AT&T at some point based on her LinkedIn. We don't know for sure if she was still employed prior to being abducted and her sister even declined to answer that question at a press conference. I made the assumption that they had chosen as a couple to not have SP work full time while her kids were young so she could spend extra time with them. I know lots of families that made this same decision and were not hurting financially because of it. Most of my friends that did this lived off one income and banked the other spouse's income for a few years prior to having kids. Then the wife quit her job when they had kids with the plan of returning to work when the kids were school age. That's as just my assumption, however, that we can't say the Papini's were hurting financially just because of SP being a SAHM. Only the Papini's know the truth of what their finances were really like. Like many things about this case, I don't know that we can say one way or the other.

I'm like Cannonball. Best Buy folks in his line of business are not makin' bank. I read one article that stated that they had wealthy relatives that were aiding them with a home up north, and a friend that loaned them a vehicle (I guess they don't want to be recognized in the old one). But to travel very far from his job would prove difficult I'd think, gas wise and wear and tear on a vehicle. I couldn't afford to work at BB and travel back and forth very far. He may even be staying at home with her for now. It's low cost of living here and rent is around 650+ for a decent 2BR Kitch/Den apt., and an actual 3br home, if it's in an area that hasn't become a bit run down, is more than that. So I can see where Gardner's coming from. I'd wondered too, tbh.

Well I hope she knows she also has a lot of support out there. Aside from the negativity, there are many people pulling for her, and that believe her story. I am one of them.

This is clarification on what seems to be public information, but wasn't exactly clear. When the Sheriff was shown on TV where the phone was found, was that right at the main intersection at the telephone pole? All along it's never been clear where precisely the phone was found, but it sounded like the Sheriff was willing to publicly reveal that now.

I only know that it was near the mailboxes which are very close to Old Oregon Trail Road.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Lake16
I don't have direct knowledge that she has seen the negative comments. I know Keith has; perhaps he has shared some of it, perhaps not

Does LE suspect that there were any males involved?

Alright, based upon my knowledge of the family relationships let me be very upfront. I am 100% convinced that the abduction was real. That Keith had no part in it whatsoever. I also am 100% convinced Sherri was taken against her will, held, beaten and tortured (imho), by the two persons described as "female hispanics" , and that she was ultimately released by one of them.

BBM~ Released by one of them .. interesting!

:welcome:

She knows the community has been very supportive of her, along with many people throughout the country. I don't think she has truly grasped how many people were praying for her safe return.

Well I hope she knows she also has a lot of support out there. Aside from the negativity, there are many people pulling for her, and that believe her story. I am one of them.

I can't answer that due to the ongoing nature of the investigation.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Lake16
I don't have direct knowledge that she has seen the negative comments. I know Keith has; perhaps he has shared some of it, perhaps not

Does LE suspect that there were any males involved?

Thank you for the welcome. I will do my best to answer questions, but I do intend to not reveal information considered crucial to the investigation.

Welcome.

Is there any truth in the story that Sherri faked her own abduction many years ago?

If these women were just low-level, they would still run the risk that the victim could escape the trafficker and later identify ALL parties involved, not just a pimp. Although trafficking can and does happen throughout the US, Redding has a higher incident rate than many areas. This site lists the chances of becoming a victim of a violent crime 1 in 145 in Redding as compared to 1 in 252 in California; chances of becoming a victim of property crime is 1 in 22 in Redding as compared to 1 in 41 in California. Just as a frame of reference, where I live the numbers are 1 in 563 for violent crimes; almost 4 times more likely to be victimized in Redding. Not bashing at all, just stating what appears to be confirmed by local crime pages due to legislation and the release of parolees into Redding. All MOO.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ca/redding/mountain-gate/#crime
There indeed do seem to be some rare instances where girls are kidnapped off the streets and forced into slavery. Still, the notion of kidnappers seeking out random victims in Redding seems unlikely, not just for the location, but also the idea that an attractive white woman being kidnapped from the affluent area of Redding wouldn't be national news.

But what also bugs me about this "kidnapped into sex trafficking" theory is this:

Kidnappers cover their faces only to keep their victim from identifying them upon release. If they're planning to sell someone into slavery, or kill them, there is no reason for them to conceal their identity.

Of course, you can't reason with crazy, which whatever happened is surely full of. So, anything is possible. But, again, Occam's Razor.

Sending a very warm welcome to Lake 16, we so need you to help us understand or at least see a positive movement in this horrific crime on such a beautiful lady. Sorry if we ask to many questions or make you uneasy in anyway, just let us know, We appreciate you already and your commitment.
Welcome lake16! I know we are all very excited to have a VI in this case. I apologize in advance for the bombarding on questions you are about to get haha

Why has there been no sketch, no "look for people fitting this description," and no real sense of urgency to find the people in order to keep the public safe? This has been an extra odd thing I've found in this case. Normally you see this.

Lake. Have you PERSONALLY spoken with Sherri since her return? I'm not asking what she told you, just have you spoken with her? JMO

And lets say LE found out that he's got some Latina friends, how is that going to be grounds for an arrest? You'd have to have specific evidence to bring charges. Also I'm still not hearing of a plausible explanation for him showing up immediately with claims of buckets of cash, which if he was faking that donor but wasn't involved in the abduction he could end up as a national embarrassment with blame for getting an abductee killed.

Immediately?
True. Nobody should be arrested for having Latina friends/acquaintances

But having those friends kidnap a woman to publicize your security business is.
Interference in LE investigations is as well. Putting out a video saying you have cash to exchange for a woman's freedom...if you don't....that's interfering as well as endangering IMO....so if LE found it untrue he could be arrested, right?
I do not think the donor was "anonymous " to LE. JMO but all of his background, the source of the cash etc was known to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member