Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about CG and his burner phone hotline? Once the reverse ransom video was released, would a judge grant a warrant to allow LE to monitor that number? If I were the kidnappers, I certainly wouldn't assume I could call that number with immunity, no matter the assurances made by CG. It's most likely a moot point, I just wonder.

The release of so many parolee's and sex offenders into the Redding area is an outrage imho. This used to be a good place to live. There still are many good people here, as evidenced by their support for the family. I hope the area can be saved but I'm not optimistic.

If these women were just low-level, they would still run the risk that the victim could escape the trafficker and later identify ALL parties involved, not just a pimp. Although trafficking can and does happen throughout the US, Redding has a higher incident rate than many areas. This site lists the chances of becoming a victim of a violent crime 1 in 145 in Redding as compared to 1 in 252 in California; chances of becoming a victim of property crime is 1 in 22 in Redding as compared to 1 in 41 in California. Just as a frame of reference, where I live the numbers are 1 in 563 for violent crimes; almost 4 times more likely to be victimized in Redding. Not bashing at all, just stating what appears to be confirmed by local crime pages due to legislation and the release of parolees into Redding. All MOO.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ca/redding/mountain-gate/#crime

Tough question. I go back and forth on that. I lean towards random, but she may have been followed or came to the abductors attention in some other way.
So if that's the case, then do you think her abduction was random and not targeted?

So if you do think it was sex trafficking, why do you thnk they let her go?

Alright, based upon my knowledge of the family relationships let me be very upfront. I am 100% convinced that the abduction was real. That Keith had no part in it whatsoever. I also am 100% convinced Sherri was taken against her will, held, beaten and tortured (imho), by the two persons described as "female hispanics" , and that she was ultimately released by one of them.

Have you seen Sherri? I understand if you can't/don't want to answer. Thanks!

Admin Note

I know you guys will want to extend a warm Welcome to a new member and Verified Insider in Sherri's case, Lake16.

:welcome4:

I know there are several new members who joined specifically to follow this case and may not be familiar with how we treat Verified Insiders so let me explain briefly. First and foremost, respect their anonymity, just as we do with all members. An insider is permitted to post information s/he has personal knowledge of without being required to provide a link. Members are permitted to ask questions however, the the VI may not be able to or may choose not to answer every question for a variety of reasons. If they choose not to respond specifically, respect that and please don't keep asking.

We verify that the member is a true Insider in this case. However, WS does not personally vouch for the information shared by any insider. Each member is asked to give whatever weight they choose to the information provided. No arguing or disrespect will be tolerated.

If you have any questions please PM a moderator.

Welcome Lake16!
Thank you very much, Beach!

BTW, I know we are not supposed to mention it but members can't PM you as requested above if your inbox is full ;)

The release of so many parolee's and sex offenders into the Redding area is an outrage imho. This used to be a good place to live. There still are many good people here, as evidenced by their support for the family. I hope the area can be saved but I'm not optimistic.

Yep, used to a good place to live. Now every covered RABA stop has 5 transients sleeping in it.

Welcome Lake16!
Thank you very much, Beach!

BTW, I know we are not supposed to mention it but members can't PM you as requested above if your inbox is full ;)

:floorlaugh: Thanks for the heads-up!

If it gives you guys any clue how slammed mods have been - I just emptied over 100 today and my inbox holds 2,000. :aktion1: I will go clean up again. ;)

:welcome: to Lake16.

Thank you for joining Websleuths and becoming a VI to provide whatever information you are able to, and what you are comfortable with, in this case.

Welcome Lake16. I just want to thank you for taking the time to become a verified insider and for providing us the answers on the questions you can. As I hope you see, everyone here is pulling for justice for the Papinis and your insight is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If these women were just low-level, they would still run the risk that the victim could escape the trafficker and later identify ALL parties involved, not just a pimp. Although trafficking can and does happen throughout the US, Redding has a higher incident rate than many areas. This site lists the chances of becoming a victim of a violent crime 1 in 145 in Redding as compared to 1 in 252 in California; chances of becoming a victim of property crime is 1 in 22 in Redding as compared to 1 in 41 in California. Just as a frame of reference, where I live the numbers are 1 in 563 for violent crimes; almost 4 times more likely to be victimized in Redding. Not bashing at all, just stating what appears to be confirmed by local crime pages due to legislation and the release of parolees into Redding. All MOO.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ca/redding/mountain-gate/#crime

Thanks for sharing. I dont think I have realized much about the dynamics of Redding at all. I looked it up on a map and I have been to Sacramento and even been north of Sac. doing some touristy things and just cannot imagine it is as bad as the statistics seem.

It is sad to hear this about that area which I am almost positive has beautiful scenery around it based on my visit north of Sac.

But having those friends kidnap a woman to publicize your security business is.
Interference in LE investigations is as well. Putting out a video saying you have cash to exchange for a woman's freedom...if you don't....that's interfering as well as endangering IMO....so if LE found it untrue he could be arrested, right?
I do not think the donor was "anonymous " to LE. JMO but all of his background, the source of the cash etc was known to them.

Whether it was true or untrue they could have arrested him for that as he was offering to aid and abet criminals so that they could finance their escape without consequences as either way that's interfering and especially if it was true - rather than it not being true - would they have grounds to arrest him for that. I do think it wasn't anonymous to LE and LE knew from the beginning that he was faking it, like the TV station that initially refused to run the story on 11/6 probably at some point contacted LE about that as there was some reason it didn't get publicized until 11/17 needing KP's vouching for CG. To me anyway all along LE has treated this like it was targeted rather than there being random females that are in danger from the same people, which I think they've been keeping tabs on and investigating a number of people. Just having the evidence to seek an indictment is another thing. Particularly complicating things is that this is across jurisdictions. For all we know Gamble was for instance in Nevada during most of this (he said he was out of town), which he could have used someone else's burner phone to then call his minions in Yolo or some other city (which for all we know SP could have been transported elsewhere besides Yolo), which if he was using someone else's old burner phone in another state, that would be hard to trace let alone LE even knowing he was on those calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23