UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother has just asked me to take a look at this photo again after her noticing something in it.
So I saved the picture from the Suffolk Police website and circled the area she mentioned. She seems convinced it's Corrie looking over the top of the railings.
Which railings are they and is it possible?
Would the timing of it fit in?

66fc2cdf8b9b860e10c0371f1abf5abf.jpg

Corrie? in that particular photo?

Truth, nicola herself stated about the cctv at the college talk to the students link and transcript provided already earlier in thread.

Been thinking about the Police decision to not search the recycling waste they said was put to one side. What date was the waste seized/put aside?
Don't remember that. I thought they or someone said the waste had been sorted then incinerated so there wouldn't be anything left to search. If it was paper (link?) wouldn't that be likely?

Ej and cotswold. Am only able to view on my mobile so someone with a big screen will have to look.

My mother has just asked me to take a look at this photo again after her noticing something in it.
So I saved the picture from the Suffolk Police website and circled the area she mentioned. She seems convinced it's Corrie looking over the top of the railings.
Which railings are they and is it possible?
Would the timing of it fit in?

66fc2cdf8b9b860e10c0371f1abf5abf.jpg
could be a figure in black underneath the circled area or it could be the railings - quality isn't that good when it's blown up

@emmie

This is where it is looking (click link, it''ll open in street view).

https://goo.gl/maps/GKyxsofA2ao

Not sure if it is anything but an optical illusion.
It does look like shoulders and a head, but can't work out what would make that impression.
I think if Corrie got that far, he'd have been seen by a camera. And one of the council ones at that.

But, Jesus... your mums got a good set of peepers !

@emmie

It does look like shoulders and a head, but can't work out what would make that impression.
I think if Corrie got that far, he'd have been seen by a camera. And one of the council ones at that.

Tell me about it, there's not much I got away with as a child!
She spotted it the day the photos were released but thought she was seeing things so didn't say anything!
Unusual for my Mother to say nothing [emoji849]

@Truth

I don't think the rubbish was seized, just the lorry.
I think the rubbish had been dealt with already.

I can't see anything lol

I can see what she's on about...just. Try it with the original on the police website.
I can see it on my iPhone 6 but she saw it whilst on her laptop.
Looks to me like two shoulders in a pale shirt and a face in the middle but like James said, to get there, surely he'd have been caught on CCTV.
Is that the front of someone's house?

Plus why isn't this friend with him, if they travelled in together and would surely be traveling back together (?) at Flex when he was thrown out, at Pizza Mamma Mia, walking with food to eat and back to home base (somehow)?!

I don't know to be fair. It would seem might odd to get a lift into town with someone (assuming both were RAF, if indeed someone did travel in with him) and not get a lift out with them... if Corrie wasn't leaving his car there until "before 9am".

Can't figure it out.

I can see what she's on about...just. Try it with the original on the police website.
I can see it on my iPhone 6 but she saw it whilst on her laptop.
Looks to me like two shoulders in a pale shirt and a face in the middle but like James said, to get there, surely he'd have been caught on CCTV.
Is that the front of someone's house?

I still can't, but I am terrible at these kinds of things haha

No doubt they would know that.
No doubt they would know who sent what to whom
No doubt they have a much better idea of the ping data timings than we do.

Just like they knew there were alot of people passing through the Horseshoe than we were first told
And just like they knew there were three cars that were in the horseshoe area...and we weren't told that either.

The point is, we won't be told a lot.

But the police say "it is a complex investigation"
And the family clearly have "fallen out big time" with the police.

So what's going on ?
Why is the investigation so complex.
Why the big fall out (I don't believe "lack of resources").

There seems to be far more to this, than what is seen. I bet.

I think your last line has to be true. From very early on, if not from the beginning, the Police have probably only shared the bare minimum and vague information with the family which is fairly standard practice?

Then the Police made decisions that they must have known would anger the family (not searching the recycling waste etc) So why do it knowing the anger and criticism that was going to follow?

From there the Police seem to have taken more actions knowing the very public drubbing they would get. Why?

Shiressleuth said:
Don't remember that. I thought they or someone said the waste had been sorted then incinerated so there wouldn't be anything left to search. If it was paper (link?) wouldn't that be likely?

Thanks. I'll have a look at earlier reports/articles.

Shiressleuth said:
Truth, nicola herself stated about the cctv at the college talk to the students link and transcript provided already earlier in thread.

I did listen again to that and she only says he is seen walking from the car which could just mean being seen on the council camera outside Flex? Knowing about the drinking in the car probably came from Darroch as he was talking to him?

@emmie

The CCTV seems to be compressed somehow! The traffic island and the roundabout sign in the background on the CCTV are an awfully long way down Risbygate Street. Half of the left hand side of the road seems to be missing!

@Truth

I don't think the rubbish was seized, just the lorry.
I think the rubbish had been dealt with already.

Exactly. If I guess it was 1 to 2 weeks after the bin was picked up that the Police went to the recycling centre then logic dictates it had long gone. So why did the family give the Police so much heat over this and confuse things with talk of landfill?

Put better than I have! In my opinion he either put his phone in the bin intentionally or it went with him. I'm not a believer of accidental binning, the bins aren't open top unless in use and I feel if left on the bin lid is 80% more likely to end up on the floor than in the bin.

The point you make about a third party on foot binning the phone is also true, you have to assume the altercation happened without witnesses and isn't vehicle where did he go? I just can't imagine someone tipping him in a bin without being detected for the weekend

I've seen several images of the 'Horseshoe' area and studied the bins (sad I know). They seem to be in a different position in nearly every image. I wonder if they are set in a different order ready for collection on a set day. For instance, in a domestic setting every other Tuesday is black waste bin. Then every fourth Tuesday is blue paper bin. Every odd Tuesday in summer is the green grass bin.

My point is that if we could figure out EXACTLY which bin it was on the Saturday then we could figure out which bin he walked towards potentially to dispose of his phone (disprove or prove in other words).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(8) 0326 from the Market Square to McDonalds (2x figures) Adams cam

That timing maybe relevant.
If that is the only CCTV of those people AND those people carried on in the direction they were heading, it shows Cam09 wasn't looking onto Short Brackland.

Corrie has a pee... and crosses from the loading bay area to Short Brackland proper. He could walk down a bit from there.

Interestingly, in the second CCTV footage that was released, he was over to the left hand side of the alleyway.
He then moves right and heads towards the bins. Was his initial thought to head down Short Brackland but instead headed for a quick pee ?

Good observation. Possible intent.

Oh hi midsummer. Did u see my query again about the ping times on ur map?

Hopefully, we'll get confirmation soon.

AWOL/Meeting/Date all fall in the same category, in my opinion, at this moment.

The ping data, travel times, bin lorry movements also need clarity.
Importantly "where the lorry went to" is also a mystery. The police initially said that the phone ceased to transmit at 0800 and it was stationary to that point.

If the lorry continued on after it reached Barton Mills, yet the phone remained stationary for several hours, then clearly that would be evidence to suggest that the phone was unlikely to be in the bin lorry.

...or discarded from the bin lorry (from the cab for instance?).

The CCTV seems to be compressed somehow! The traffic island and the roundabout sign in the background on the CCTV are an awfully long way down Risbygate Street. Half of the left hand side of the road seems to be missing!

cant see anything even on my laptop with a magnifying glass lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member