Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, if a serial killer were involved, SP would not have been released. Not looking to start another debate on trafficking and this link clearly does not pertain to SP, but wanted to clarify. BBM

Pimps/traffickers have been known to actively target locations where homeless children andyouth congregate, including on the streets, at foster care group homes, and at runaway andhomeless shelter programs. Children are often introduced to CSEC by a “boyfriend” who initiallyprovides love, attention, care, and emotional support before coercing them into prostitution.

http://mnhttf.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Human-Trafficking-and-Youth_April-2014.pdf

Are we talking sex traffickers still or serial killers? If sex traffickers, they aren't abducting girls from shelters and bus stations....they are looking for girls who have no place to go and they "help" them.

Serial killers fit the "crime of opportunity" profile....but, she's not been killed.

I have followed all of the threads and don't recall seeing that anywhere. I do recall hearing KP saying that SP had "burns and bruises all over her body, and she was branded." My apologies for not being able to provide the exact source.

I agree. The Hollywoodlife.com article is the only place I've seen iirc the "branded all over" statement, and they were mostly paraphrasing the GMA interview. So I've always just thought it was sloppy reporting. MOO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since many of you have followed all 18 threads, maybe someone can answer my question above about SP being branded "all over her body". Thanks.

The direct branding revelation came from KP's Good Morning America statement after SP's release. KP said she had been branded and he could feel the scabs under his fingers.

The Sheriff then confirmed that SP had been branded and that the branding was not a symbol, but more like a message (we don't know the nature of the branding or the possible message). He also noted that KP had compromised the investigation by putting the branding detail into the public domain.

Since then, there has not been new branding information or details provided to the public directly by KP, Sheriff Bosenko, or anyone else in-the-know, AFAIK.

In my opinion, the writer of the article you linked misunderstood or otherwise misrepresented the branding information when paraphrasing what KP stated. I, of course, can't say that SP doesn't have branding all over her body, just that KP did not say his wife had branding all over her body.

I recall Sheriff Bosenko saying that the branding was a message. I'm wondering if that message was something like: Don't talk or we'll come after you.

Shoot, missed it last night before the thread was locked.
Does anyone know which hospital SP was treated at?* I only ask because I've been to several in Sacramento, unfortunately, but I may have an ER-patient or ER visitor's point of view on a number of the local ones. If UC Davis ER (in Sacramento) for instance I can understand why the discussion of KP saying it was on lockdown. If it was Woodland as mentioned earlier it was probably more laid back.

When I read some of the posts about why she wasn't admitted or short wait times I start to wonder if the hospitals here in Sacramento just really suck! I was honestly surprised she was treated so fast - usually I end up WAITING that long, and count on at least 3-4 hours waiting and over 12 hours start to finish if it's something they treat and release. The times I have been admitted, including when I was so badly injured I was bedridden, it took a lot of begging and pleading for them to even keep me (they were going to leave me in the hall in the ER until the swelling went down even if it took a few days). I would have been shocked if they kept SP longer than they did and assumed severe life threatening injuries.

Basements - it's true not a large percentage of California houses have basements, but some do. This was discussed at length in an earlier thread and someone even did a real estate search for houses with basements. As a Northern Californian I was surprised how many there were. I don't have time to look for those posts this morning (sorry!) but I know they're here somewhere.

Maybe they are staying in a home or with others that doesn't allow for the dogs at the moment.

Now I love my pets as well. But things happen and the family is making sure that the dogs are okay for now.

Jmo

Also, pets are sometimes better left at home. I know when I go away, I have friends that come by to look after my pets because they don't do well in a kennel or another home.

JMO

Earlier posts said she was treated in Woodland. But I do not have confirmation of that.

Does anyone know which hospital SP was treated at?* I only ask because I've been to several in Sacramento, unfortunately, but I may have an ER-patient or ER visitor's point of view on a number of the local ones. If UC Davis ER (in Sacramento) for instance I can understand why the discussion of KP saying it was on lockdown. If it was Woodland as mentioned earlier it was probably more laid back.

When I read some of the posts about why she wasn't admitted or short wait times I start to wonder if the hospitals here in Sacramento just really suck! I was honestly surprised she was treated so fast - usually I end up WAITING that long, and count on at least 3-4 hours waiting and over 12 hours start to finish if it's something they treat and release. The times I have been admitted, including when I was so badly injured I was bedridden, it took a lot of begging and pleading for them to even keep me (they were going to leave me in the hall in the ER until the swelling went down even if it took a few days). I would have been shocked if they kept SP longer than they did and assumed severe life threatening injuries.

Basements - it's true not a large percentage of California houses have basements, but some do. This was discussed at length in an earlier thread and someone even did a real estate search for houses with basements. As a Northern Californian I was surprised how many there were. I don't have time to look for those posts this morning (sorry!) but I know they're here somewhere.

When a sheriff brings in a abducted victim to the hospital with injuries. Then there is no waiting in the waiting area. Jmo

Especially for investigation purposes where tests needs to be ran and items need to be collected ASAP.

Plus this patient/victim was broadcast for weeks in the mass media; So of course they would rush things fairly quickly for said patient.

Now there have been victims in major accidents that were able to go home the same day while others had more significant injuries where they had to be admitted for at least a overnight stay.

But this doesn't mean that a hospital can't release you for now and have you simply contact your doctor if certain symptoms comes along later.

Jmo

If this case never gets solved at least SP is home and is now safe and that's as good an outcome as anyone hopes for in terms of the victim.

At some point people will have to let go of the notion that every case gets solved. Sometimes they don't. Sometimes they do but it takes a long time (months, years, decades).

Since many of you have followed all 18 threads, maybe someone can answer my question above about SP being branded "all over her body". Thanks.

It's a mistake based on ambiguous wording. The Sheriff has repeatedly referred to it using the singular. eg: "the brand" and "it."

For example:
"I would think that was some sort of either an exertion of power and control and/or maybe some type of message that the brand contained," Bosenko told "Good Morning America." "It is not a symbol, but it was a message." (source.)

So I'm pretty sure the branding is not all over her body.

I have a bad feeling that this case will never be fully resolved.

Agree. 2 small counties 140 miles apart that clearly dont have the manpower or funds to truly make this joint investigation work.

As for the insistence that SP had to stay in the hospital or else something was amiss, consider she was able to do these things without assistance:

- stand
- walk
- wave a piece of fabric of some kind at oncoming traffic even while she was partially bound
- talk to police, when she was found
- knew who she was, who her family is, where she was in general
- stay conscious
- did not have bleeding/bloody deep wounds (as far as we know)
- did not need stitches (as far as we know)
- did not have internal bleeding
- did not have a concussion (as far as we know)

Having lots of bruises does not, in and of themselves, require a hospital stay overnight.

A broken bridge of the nose does not require a hospital stay overnight.

Having hair hacked off does not require a hospital stay overnight.

The Sheriff said she had not sustained "life threatening" injuries. That's what a hospital assesses with various tests. Those tests would inform medical personnel whether the patient was in good physical condition or not. As for her mental state, she was not a danger to herself or anyone else, so any treatment for emotional trauma could take place elsewhere and on an outpatient basis.

It's a mistake based on ambiguous wording. The Sheriff has repeatedly referred to it using the singular. eg: "the brand" and "it."

For example:
"I would think that was some sort of either an exertion of power and control and/or maybe some type of message that the brand contained," Bosenko told "Good Morning America." "It is not a symbol, but it was a message." (source.)

So I'm pretty sure the branding is not all over her body.

The exertion of power or control part makes me think it was a message of ownership. Maybe something like, "So and so's ***** <modsnip>

Also, pets are sometimes better left at home. I know when I go away, I have friends that come by to look after my pets because they don't do well in a kennel or another home.

JMO

Agree. The doggies are more comfortable where they are due to being more familiar with the home.

They probably eat better then us as well. Lol

They will be okay. And will join the family once things can settle down again.

But it takes time.

BBM

I can't say with 100% certainty, but my best educated guess is that she went to the ER at Woodland. Most states have a rule that patients are transported to the nearest capable facility, which Woodland is. I don't understand the statement about "lockdown". Haven't read that before. As far as being "laid back", I wouldn't think so. Maybe in their personalization of care; but in terms of skill, I would expect them to be equally as competent as any other ER.

Regarding wait times. ERs utilize a triage system. Patients are sorted based on a severity index and seen based on a priority of need. Many times, wait times are much worse in larger facilities than they are in smaller ones.

I've worked in both very small and medium ERs. I'd match the staff in the smaller one to those in a large one any time. RNs who have come in from large facilities have often commented that the small ER nurse had to stay on her/his toes much more so than one in a large ER where they have all the compliment of numerous people to back them up in a pinch.

Would one consider cigarette burns a brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam